• 81 results
oskar_det

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oskar_det

I love Metroid: Other M and its story. Most people don't, so I must be a troll.
I post a couple of unorthodox threads, that means I must be a troll.

I've seen this very clearly recently - if you don't have the same opinion as everyone else, you're automatically a troll. Agree with everyone and you're OK again. That attitude is fucking sad!
People should be able to have any opinion they want - and speak for it - without getting attacked or accused to be trolling.

If 100 people don't share my opinion, I don't change opinion to become a part of the group, I keep my own thoughts about the matter. I try not to say that other people are wrong, rather I want to express why I think like I do - not accusing people to be stupid because they don't think like I do.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

^^^TROLL^^^

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

just don't post a thread asking if a girls ass if fat or not

Yamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yamoto

Get out of here troll

oskar_det

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oskar_det
@Dany said:

Why not? Seriously, why not?
waitwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By waitwhat

you seem upset.

oskar_det

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oskar_det
@waitwhat said:
you seem upset.
Kind of. I just wonder what's up with this "everything that is not common opinion is trolling" attitude.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

@oskar_det said:

@Dany said:

Because it's kinda sad and pathetic? I don't know.

But yes, accusing people with a deviant opinion to be a troll, Giant Bombers in a nutshell. Welcome to the cesspool :D

Yamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yamoto

...Wait are you that dude that made that creepy ass thread?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Dany said:

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

Huh? When? Where? When that guy said "RTSes are better on consoles?" That did come off as pretty trolly.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Yamoto said:

...Wait are you that dude that made that creepy ass thread?

Indeed he is!

oskar_det

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oskar_det
@ZeForgotten said:

@oskar_det said:

@Dany said:

Because it's kinda sad and pathetic? I don't know.

But yes, accusing people with a deviant opinion to be a troll, Giant Bombers in a nutshell. Welcome to the cesspool :D

Sad and pathetic, how? Because I don't understand at all. And I guess that very fact makes me a troll, too.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By turboman

@Dany said:

It's a rude, asshole thing to do.

oskar_det

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oskar_det
@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

Why would it be rude? Don't tell me you don't judge asses when you see them. Everyone does that, but most are probably too prude to say what they think.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dany

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

Why would it be rude? Don't tell me you don't judge asses when you see them. Everyone does that, but most are probably too prude to say what they think.

I am right now.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlasherMan
@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

BAZINGA!
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind

People don't expect you to conform, having your own opinion about things is fine. But you have made several very silly sounding topics. It shows you either have extremely poor taste or are just attempting to stir up trouble.

By all means, stick to your guns. Just don't expect to have an easy time when you claim things like "Other M has a good story".

And I don't think it's "prude" to not want to judge pictures of a girls ass on the internet, especially on a gaming forum for crying out loud.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McGhee

@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

Ha ha ha. How have I not been following you until now?

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oskar_det said:
@Dany said:

because people will make fun of you for it and its fucking creepy.  everyone has different opinions about games, music and what not but it you post just so that people will get mad at you, then you are a troll. 
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Dany: Oh so noice. 

So noice I don't even have to quote what I'm referring to as so noice.
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WinterSnowblind

If it makes you feel better, I really liked Two Worlds. I thought it was a very fun WRPG with a lot of great elements..

However, I understand it had a lot of shortcomings and I know most people will disagree with me. That's fine. If I made a 7 page rant about how everyone is wrong and how it's actually the peak of gaming excellency, then I'm forcing my opinion on others and am just generally going to come across as a douche and/or a troll. Perhaps you should go back and read over some of your earlier posts.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By turboman

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

Would you like it if I found pictures of you, and posted it to an open forum and asked everyone if your face looks ugly or not?

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Not a single person labeled you as a troll in your Metroid Other M thread. Other users were providing sound and civil debate with your opinions, even though you didn't seem very accepting of their viewpoint (though you may argue they were the same towards you).

You were called a troll in your butt poll thread like three or four times, but you shouldn't care what a handful of forum users call you for being fixated on butts (don't deny it, you've got butts on the brain for some reason). And usually once one person calls you something, well, monkey see monkey do. Anyways, the topic was borderline spam and all you've talked about so far has had to do with butts and women, so they probably believed you were baiting or trolling.

Just try not to be so defensive, and as long as your threads aren't getting locked, then don't worry about it. Here's the forum FAQ and rules for reference on what is not okay to post about.

LemonJoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LemonJoose

That's not a trend.  That's been in the internet forum rulebook since USENET first came online.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IBurningStar

If you create a good, interesting thread about a topic worth discussing then you will get appropriate replies. A conversation starts up, everyone is happy.

If you post crap that everyone believes is stupid, you will be made fun of. Everyone then considers you an idiot or a troll. Possibly both.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Doctorchimp
@oskar_det said:
I love Metroid: Other M and its story. Most people don't, so I must be a troll. I post a couple of unorthodox threads, that means I must be a troll.  I've seen this very clearly recently - if you don't have the same opinion as everyone else, you're automatically a troll. Agree with everyone and you're OK again. That attitude is fucking sad! People should be able to have any opinion they want - and speak for it - without getting attacked or accused to be trolling.  If 100 people don't share my opinion, I don't change opinion to become a part of the group, I keep my own thoughts about the matter. I try not to say that other people are wrong, rather I want to express why I think like I do - not accusing people to be stupid because they don't think like I do.
Your Metroid Other M topic went by just fine.

The problem there was that you couldn't or wouldn't comprehend what people were saying to you. So it ended up with you just calling Metroid other M a great story, but without really comparing it to anything. That really doesn't work for an argument.

Your ass thread however was in fact trolling. You didn't just ask if the butt of some random woman was fine, fat or toned. But you worded the poll answers in such a way where you couldn't express that even though it wasn't the most fit ass you've seen and was fat, you couldn't say it was still a good ass. 

So basically you had to say it looked like that ass worked out every day, or she needed to get to a gym. There was no "let it be" option.

That's either you trolling or you not accepting or even trying to comprehend other people's views which is just as bad.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BraveToaster
@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

Whammy!
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Slaker117

People disagreed with you in your Other M topic, as is their right. Most of it was pretty civil, so I don't see the problem there, unless you think people who have different opinions than you are being hostile. The butt poll, however, was completely unnecessary. I realize that it was probably an extension of the debate we were having in the Other M thread, but in that thread there was context. Removing the discussion from that makes it jarring and creepy, and that's why some people called you a troll.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThunderSlash
@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

http://instantrimshot.com/
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#31  Edited By donutfever

Because you're defense of Other M was "Everyone who disagrees with me on this is obsessed with badass characters". 
Hey, accusing people who have a deviant opinion to be something negative... Isn't that what you're complaining about?

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Ravenousrattler

yeah i know right, just because i think phonebooth is a terrible movie, and lemon sucks at making videos i must be a troll.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JayDee

are you euro?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By WickedCestus

I've never been called a troll, yet I disagree with people all the time. It's all about your attitude.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rb_man
@Dany said:

Zing!
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Vexxan

In case your haven't noticed, you make crappy threads.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By louiedog

I blame trolls. Seriously. 10 years ago people joked around online, were sarcastic, and said stupid things to get a rise out of people. If people were just joking around everyone was having fun. If they were being stupid to get a rise out of people it was usually just a short back and forth. If it went on longer, they were just regarded as an asshole. Slowly, and mostly in the last couple of years, trolling has become a thing. Now there are enormous numbers of people in some large internet communities who are just there to be dicks and will commit large amounts of time to their douchebaggery. As a result, people are on guard and more likely to throw their hands in the air and assume anyone saying something somewhat unlikely or unpopular is being a troll.

Of course in this situation I think you're just being sensitive.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hatking
@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

Perfect.
Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

lol!! some1 git dis man an oscr!!
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By IBurningStar
@CallofSpartansofWar1337 said:
@Dany said:

@oskar_det said:

@TurboMan said:

@Dany said:

I am right now.

lol!! some1 git dis man an oscr!!

Speaking of trolls...
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#41  Edited By Little_Socrates

Giant Bomb in particular resists sexuality in games pretty heavily, and this site definitely leans towards "she's a BUNCH OF PIXELS, DUDE" in the "can video game characters be sexy?" debate. This extends to a smaller group of people who resist sexuality of any kind, despite being in the off-topic forum. As a result, they'll do whatever they can to downplay a sexual thread that isn't specifically about relationship advice.

It's really about attitude; you seemed to be ignoring anyone who said that Samus in Other M was a bad character whether or NOT she was faithful to the rest of the Metroid series. Even still, nobody treated you as a troll, and rather as someone who was just refusing to even hear other people's opinions. For those who felt they HAD made emotional connections to Samus (through the text in Super Metroid and Other M on top of the fact that you can have characterization based on action like in LIMBO) you derided them and repeated ad infinitum that Samus had "been a blank slate before Other M". If you're not disrespecting other's opinions specifically to make them angry by trolling, then you're an asshole (which is considered worse here on Giant Bomb.) People are just assuming the best of you.

In all seriousness, Giant Bomb is a site about love. Treat people with respect and they'll respect you back. If you're assaulting people with your opinions, they should and will disregard you as someone who is seeking to anger them for your own entertainment. If you're doing it trying to change people's opinions, you're on the wrong site; Gaia Online prefers that style of "yell at someone for twelve pages until one of you leaves." I'd rather you stay and cool out a bit, myself, as I respect those with different perspectives on games.

Also, I have not played Other M to hold that opinion, I like badass characters as well as everymen, that ass was FOINE, and I do want a child someday. However, I have no interest in playing a weak-willed character, as they make for unbelievable protagonists. Those who don't have much personal strength...well, they wind up indecisive and ridiculous like Vincent from the first two-thirds of Catherine, and (especially in action games) that attitude will get you killed.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OldGuy
@louiedog said:

I blame trolls. Seriously. 10 years ago people joked around online, were sarcastic, and said stupid things to get a rise out of people. If people were just joking around everyone was having fun. If they were being stupid to get a rise out of people it was usually just a short back and forth. If it went on longer, they were just regarded as an asshole. Slowly, and mostly in the last couple of years, trolling has become a thing. Now there are enormous numbers of people in some large internet communities who are just there to be dicks and will commit large amounts of time to their douchebaggery. As a result, people are on guard and more likely to throw their hands in the air and assume anyone saying something somewhat unlikely or unpopular is being a troll.

Of course in this situation I think you're just being sensitive.

Would you like me to go back and find you some EPIC Usenet threads from... how about 1987 so that you can see that trolling is NOT new.

Really, it's not.
9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 9cupsoftea
@OldGuy said:
Would you like me to go back and find you some EPIC Usenet threads from... how about 1987
Yes
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Deusx

GET OUT OF HERE. 

Also:  

@CallofSpartansofWar1337: Dude are you for real? I've seen your posts before and I really can't take you seriously... Learn how to write properly for god's sake. I'm not even from an english speaking country and I know better. Please just stop. I don't like acting like an asshole towards people I don't know IRL but this is just amazing.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By XenoNick

OK WE FUCKING GET IT YOU LOVE OTHER M!!!!!!!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46  Edited By veektarius

I'm usually the last guy to whip out post count as any sort of meaningful metric, but how exactly do you know what is a 'recent' development at 50 posts?  Minus however many of those are in this very thread.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

^^^TROLL^^^

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OldGuy
@9cupsoftea said:
@OldGuy said:
Would you like me to go back and find you some EPIC Usenet threads from... how about 1987
Yes
Fine... I'll be stuck inside all weekend if I don't feel like drowning... If I decide I'm bored with Just Cause 2 (yes, I'm behind) I'll have a poke for some others beyond the below classic...

Here is a bit from a good post called Trolling the Web(which is, by the way, worth a read):

"A good example of troll success is the famous "How I Envy American Students" troll.

This troll was written by an English brick-layer posing as an American student. He correctly posted it to all the college news- groups and then left american students to do all the work spreading it.

His troll ran for over a year, it is known to have generated in excess of 3,500 responses (an average of 1 response every 160 minutes for a whole year) and the greatest coup of all was when an innocent american student lost not only her internet account but was also expelled from high school for abuse of the computer systems.

Somehow she had managed to get the blame for causing the troll."

And here's a link to the original "How I Envy American Students" post.

Note that this is an elegant construction designed to draw in people who generally would ignore the typical off-topic one sentence spam posting (which, granted, is also trolling - but usually gets killed off VERY quickly in a moderated setting such as the Whisk(e)y family of sites)... it is, in short, a work of art.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jmrwacko

Posting in a troll thread.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Meowshi

Giantbomb forums: Trolls trolling trolls.