A Friendly Reminder - Use Game-Specific Forums

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Remember, every page on the website has its own forum. So, use them! Don't worry about your thread getting lost, because it will appear in the list of "Newest Topics", which automatically updates with all of the most recently commented on threads.

Here's a little picture tutorial:

caption
caption
caption
When navigating to the Forums section of Giant Bomb, you will be immediately taken to "Newest Topics", which shows all of the most recently posted topics, or topics with the most recent replies.

You'll notice that on every game page, there is a forums link on the left sidebar. Clicking this will bring you to a page reserved strictly for threads on this game.

caption
caption
Alternatively, scrolling to the bottom of the page will show you recent forum topics as well. Click "Start New Topic" just like you would with any other forum to start a new topic, or comment on an existing topic and it will be bumped to the top of the "Newest Topics" page.

caption
caption
There you forums post is! Right there among the rest of the best.

If you have any further questions about Game-Specific Forums, post them here and I'll be sure to answer them.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

This pretty much covers what was already said in the Forum FAQ, I'm going to lock this and link it in the appropriate section, and I'll also include this in the "Interesting & Important Threads" section in the new FAQ we're currently working on.