• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by FMinus (399 posts) -

Whatever you do, make sure there's some Detroit ghettotech playing in the back, it will subliminally get into her head and you will win.

#102 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (796 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw: I don't know who made those other posts. It wasn't me. Did I get hacked?

#103 Posted by Sinusoidal (1824 posts) -

This thread title is hilarious.

She wants to hang out with you. You - presumably - want to hang out with her.

Maybe, just maybe hang out with her?

It's not rocket science. Believe it or not, women are people too, just like me or you.

#104 Edited by MikeFerrari7 (212 posts) -

Hangout, with no expectations. Ask her what she would enjoy doing. If you end up making the decision, no matter what you are doing, getting to that first activity is the most important. Once you are there, things will take care of themselves. If you guys mesh well, you'll ended up making more plans and doing something, going somewhere, whatever. The most important thing is don't freak out, and just get to the initial planned place and have some fun!!

#105 Posted by Jeust (10864 posts) -
#106 Edited by RupertTheBear (202 posts) -
#107 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1401 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw: I don't know who made those other posts. It wasn't me. Did I get hacked?

No no, I just made it in paint, no hacking involved.

#108 Posted by Alex (2406 posts) -

Hang out with her.

Staff
#109 Posted by Shortbreadtom (867 posts) -

@alex: Oh, Alex. To be young and naive in the realm of wooing women. We were like you too once, until we saw the error of our ways and realised the fairer sex are far less simple than you think.

#110 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12138 posts) -

@alex said:

Hang out with her.

What? That would be too easy.

#111 Posted by Sharpless (472 posts) -

Spend time with her, treat her with respect, and don't be creepy. If you don't know what to do together, tell her you suck at planning things and ask her to help you come up with something to do. I don't have the best track record romantically, but I stand by transparency as the best policy. Also, try to relax. The more importance you place on what is probably just a simple "two people hanging out" thing, the more likely it is to go sideways.

#112 Posted by jakob187 (21780 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@liquidprince said:

Touch her shoulder.

THERE IT IS! I knew someone would pull through with it. Also, HI LIQUID! Didn't know you were still around these parts.

I'm still around pretty much daily. Must be that our site viewing schedules don't really overlap.

Maybe. I also don't do a whole lot in the forums anymore. I really just read some news, watch a video or two, then head off to do other things. = /

#113 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

The more importance you place on what is probably just a simple "two people hanging out" thing, the more likely it is to go sideways.

Isn't that what he'd want?

#114 Posted by Grilledcheez (3960 posts) -

Yeah, I'd go with the coffee....REALLY GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT

#115 Posted by SkullPanda1 (217 posts) -

Coffee and Pinball!

#116 Edited by golguin (4068 posts) -

Coffee and Pinball!

Pinball does not bring up the best images. Only one thing comes to mind when Pinball is ever mentioned in these situations. It's from a certain movie...

#117 Posted by SkullPanda1 (217 posts) -

@golguin: no idea which movie you're referencing.

For what it's worth, on the first date with my wife, we made dinner together and then got coffee. After that we went to a small second hand book store. Gave us a lot of stuff to talk about

#118 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (515 posts) -

Ctrl+F "Touch her..."

Got it.

But if she did agree to hang out, then you've got the hard part down, or one of the hard parts anyway. If you want to foster conversation, get coffee or pizza together. Don't do a total big dinner just yet. If that goes well then go back to your or her place and watch a movie or something. Go for a drive. See what she likes to do.

#119 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

Yeah, I'd go with the coffee....REALLY GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT

No, i don't follow you. Please explain.

#120 Posted by LiquidPrince (16186 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@liquidprince said:

@jakob187 said:

@liquidprince said:

Touch her shoulder.

THERE IT IS! I knew someone would pull through with it. Also, HI LIQUID! Didn't know you were still around these parts.

I'm still around pretty much daily. Must be that our site viewing schedules don't really overlap.

Maybe. I also don't do a whole lot in the forums anymore. I really just read some news, watch a video or two, then head off to do other things. = /

Yeah, slow days.

#121 Edited by Max_Cherry (1151 posts) -

You should hang out with her.

#122 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4504 posts) -

If you talk to her more you'd probably find an interest in something that both of you share

#124 Edited by Calmgamer (158 posts) -

@alex said:

Hang out with her.

This.

If your worried about it getting awkward (running out of things to talk about) - go to a movie. Try to do something she enjoys - or at the very least something you enjoy - stacks the deck that you will have a fun time. Remember, she is probably a little nervous too. She wants to hang out with you - that probably took some guts to say - try your best to repay that by being a good guy and insuring you both have fun.

I've been married 14 years so way out of practice at the initial stuff. :)

#125 Posted by Reisz (1527 posts) -

Has someone told you to hang out with her yet? Yes? Good.

They're right. Hang out with her.

#126 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (796 posts) -

@acidbrandon18 said:

No no, I just made it in paint, no hacking involved.

Ohhhhhhh. I get it now. Pretty funny.

#127 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (889 posts) -

Make sure she's actually single.

Like, make really sure.

#128 Edited by TheHT (11840 posts) -

during group activities and stuff she seems to not be completely annoyed by my existence.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxqputm2gd1qz82gvo1_400.jpg

Just go hang out.

#129 Posted by Nights (619 posts) -

#131 Posted by Sweep (8986 posts) -

Right. By now I think we've got through all meaningful discussion that this thread is likely to generate, so it's time to close it up.

Thanks for contributing, guys. I look forward to seeing everyone's exact same advice in our next relationship thread on this videogame website.

Moderator Online