• 62 results
#1 Posted by ahriman22 (2746 posts) -

I'm bored and there isn't really anything to do right now. Since Mythbusters isn't on, I was wondering what I should watch.

Any suggestions?

#2 Posted by Kaizzy (51 posts) -

My favorite show is Code Monkeys (see pic.) 

I also love to watch South Park, Tosh.0, Bleach, Code Geass, Guren Lugaan, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Comedy Central Presents, and MANswers.

You bored? Go to FAKKU.net. DO NOT go there if you don't know what hentai is! That site is NSFW! NSFW! Only if you know what hentai is.

Completely bored? Get some vaccines. LOL. shots hurt!
#3 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Arrested Development.

Hulu has it. Watch it NAO!

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Ummm.....  Family Guy will be on TBS at 7:00 PM CT if you like that show.

#5 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -

Well, what kind of shows you looking for? Comedies? Dramas? Animu?

#6 Posted by Ross (321 posts) -

I'm gonna say House.  He might be an asshole but he is a hilarious one.

#7 Posted by alsnuts2 (675 posts) -

Firefly, Arrested Development, Squidbillies, Frisky Dingo

All shows I  love and never meet anyone else who watches them

#8 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Metalocalypse 

#9 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

Welcome to the NHK

#10 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -
@alsnuts2 said:
" Firefly, Arrested Development, Squidbillies, Frisky DingoAll shows I  love and never meet anyone else who watches them "
Oh Frisky Dingo, we hardly knew ye.

Squidbillies I can only seem to enjoy while drunk.
#11 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Jenga Tournaments on the spanish channels.

#12 Posted by Korosive (201 posts) -

Arrested Development. Trust me.

#13 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" Arrested Development. Hulu has it. Watch it NAO! "
God I love that show.  Your avatar always cracks me up man:

George Sr.: Soak the puppet's mouth with ether, and have Franklin give Lucille a kiss to knock her out.
Gob: [as Franklin] I ain't kissin' that ol' bitch.
George Sr.: [starts to choke Franklin] That's my wife, you bastard.
Gob: Dad, that's my wrist.

Also a vote for South Park. 

#14 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Scrubs

#15 Posted by alsnuts2 (675 posts) -

"It aint easy being white... It aint easy being brown...."

Arrested Dev is so damn funny, word of warning though, it is a really slow burn. but trust me hang in there and 3 eps in you will be hooked

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@alsnuts2 said:
" "It aint easy being white... It aint easy being brown...."Arrested Dev is so damn funny, word of warning though, it is a really slow burn. but trust me hang in there and 3 eps in you will be hooked "
I do have to agree to an extent. The show's greatness didn't resonate with me fully until about 5 episodes when I realized "Oh shit this show actually has a plan behind its seemingly random editing, narration and situations."

@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
" Arrested Development. Hulu has it. Watch it NAO! "
God I love that show.  Your avatar always cracks me up man:

George Sr.: Soak the puppet's mouth with ether, and have Franklin give Lucille a kiss to knock her out.
Gob: [as Franklin] I ain't kissin' that ol' bitch.
George Sr.: [starts to choke Franklin] That's my wife, you bastard.
Gob: Dad, that's my wrist.

Also a vote for South Park. 

"
That scene was great lol. Later, Lucille wakes up and says "Why am I in a Nordstrom bag". First thing out of her mouth. It cracked me up.

#17 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I watch next to no TV, But watched DVDs of seasons 1-3 of Arrested Development a while back. Best thing to ever come out of the US.
If you fancy watching some fantastic UK TV, watch the Top Gear specials on BBC iplayer. Best show in the UK, just 3 guys dicking around with cars, it's fucking hilarious.

#18 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (485 posts) -
@alsnuts2 said:
" Firefly, Arrested Development, Squidbillies, Frisky DingoAll shows I  love and never meet anyone else who watches them "
I think I've convinced 10 people I know that Arrested Development is the best show of the 2000s.  Punk asses were too stupid to watch it when it was on though. My favorite shows now are 30 Rock, Lost, Monk and Psych. All of which are midseason now. You're welcome.
#19 Posted by tippinator (71 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" I watch next to no TV, But watched DVDs of seasons 1-3 of Arrested Development a while back. Best thing to ever come out of the US. If you fancy watching some fantastic UK TV, watch the Top Gear specials on BBC iplayer. Best show in the UK, just 3 guys dicking around with cars, it's fucking hilarious. "
I loved the episode where the team beat the crap out of the red Toyota Truck, thrashing it in the ocean, driving it though campers, and putting it on top of the soon to be demolished 30 story or so high building. The Lotus vs. Apache helicopter was good fun as well.
#20 Posted by alsnuts2 (675 posts) -

British TV, I keep hearing how great it is, but I just cant get into it?
It may be me, I kinda like half of the episodes of mighty boosh. Total assumptioin it is British but I think its a safe one to make.

#21 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@alsnuts2 said:
" British TV, I keep hearing how great it is, but I just cant get into it? It may be me, I kinda like half of the episodes of mighty boosh. Total assumptioin it is British but I think its a safe one to make. "
The original UK Office is hilarious.  Instead of just being offensive, it's very awkward (which is awesome).  Also just watched a British TV called Peep Show that was very funny but also very awkward.  Kind of a modern odd couple, which is cliche I know but it is a pretty awesome show (when the one guy grows out a mustache to look just like the black dude he falls in love with, it's just probably the funniest thing I've ever seen)
#22 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

If you mean by dvd than: Lost, Battlestar Galactica, The Office, South Park, Futurama, South Park, and of course Firefly.

#23 Edited by alsnuts2 (675 posts) -
@Stephen_Von_Cloud:
I have seen both of those shows and they are both very "OK" I do watch the US Office somewhat regularly and I think it is miles better.

Of course I mean when they are being funny and not when they are ramming John Kransky down my throat.  "He is such an average dude, everyone can relate to him"

NO! FUCK THAT! He is the hipster douche who brings an acoustic guitar to parties and who is every bit as awkward as everyone else but since he is a snappy dresser and spends an hour to make his hair look like he just rolled out of bed he comes off as endearing.  I am genuinely awkward and i actually just woke up and I come off as a mess...

Wait, what happened I blacked out there for a second?

Anyway yeah , I just dont think UK tv is for me
#24 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@alsnuts2 said:
" @Stephen_Von_Cloud: I have seen both of those shows and they are both very "OK" I do watch the US Office somewhat regularly and I think it is miles better.  Of course I mean when they are being funny and not when they are ramming John Kransky down my throat.  "He is such an average dude, everyone can relate to him" NO! FUCK THAT! He is the hipster douche who brings an acoustic guitar to parties and who is every bit as awkward as everyone else but since he is a snappy dresser and spends an hour to make his hair look like he just rolled out of bed he comes off as endearing.  I am genuinely awkward and i actually just woke up and I come off as a mess...Wait, what happened I blacked out there for a second?Anyway yeah , I just dont think UK tv is for me "
Fair enough, UK comedy is certainly not for everyone (besides Monty Python and the Holy Grail, if you don't think that movie is awesome get out)

Agreed on Kransky.  Dude is a hack.
#25 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

UK and US TV is and will always be different. The reason I recommended a show like Top Gear, is because appeals to the US. A lot of UK shows don't, but that's ok, I prefer that we don't make to specifically tailored to cater for a worldwide audience. Personally i think British shows have a funnier written script and rely less on sight/ gags.

Also slightly off point but, there was a show in the UK called Red Dwarf and I think it highlights the differences beautifully. For example it first aired in the 80's and ran for about 54 ish episodes. It was a sitcom about 4 guys lost in space. 2 of those 4 guys, including the lead hero, were black, and I never noticed until it was pointed out to me that in all those episodes there was never a joke about race. It was never mentioned or implied in any way, not because it was politically correct, but because it didn't need to be, it was a show about 4 guys lost in space. In the US there would have been a black joke in about the first 3 minutes.

#26 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I've been a fan of the Travel Channel lately.  All the shows are quality.

#27 Posted by Log (186 posts) -

Futurama is my all time favorite show and it just got renewed for 26 more episodes next year. I cant wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Posted by gla55jAw (2696 posts) -

I've been watching Generation Kill. It's on HBO on demand.

#29 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -
@Black_Rose said:
" Scrubs "
*COUGH*UNFUNNY*COUGH*UNFUNNY*COUGH*

House is one of the best shows on tv,and the office is great to.
#30 Posted by unclejohn0525 (336 posts) -

Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job!

Best show on television.

#31 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

TV shows are really a matter of personal taste, but some of my favourites (/the only shows I am currently watching) are...
- The Office
- Weeds
- Entourage
- Dexter
- Always Sunny in Philadelphia
-True Blood

#32 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -
@Win said:
" TV shows are really a matter of personal taste, but some of my favourites (/the only shows I am currently watching) are...- The Office- Weeds- Entourage- Dexter- Always Sunny in Philadelphia-True Blood "
New season is coming this september.
#33 Posted by Protoroll (346 posts) -

Rescue Me and Royal Pains are two good ones you can catch.

#34 Edited by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

You can perhaps watch Dead Like Me online. Here's the site you can go to see full episodes. http://vids.tv/Dead-Like-Me/tv Don't worry, you listen to it in English and not Japanese, there is just Japanese words on the screen translating the English.  The show is about modern-day Grim Reapers, and in the pilot episode you'll be able to see George being turned into a grim reaper after she dies from a toilet seat coming from the sky, then she performs her first reap.  Find out more about Dead Like Me by watching the Pilot. Go with Tudou to view the Pilot. http://vids.tv/Dead-Like-Me/tv/season-1/episode-1-Pilot

You won't regret watching this!

#35 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@ahriman22: The Office
#36 Posted by Arjuna (888 posts) -

LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST!!!

Join us!  *said in a zombie voice*  Join us!

#37 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

If anyone in this thread hasn't seen Oz: See Oz.

#38 Edited by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Dexter
Breaking Bad

oh and Top Gear

#39 Posted by LiquidPrince (16175 posts) -

Supernatural or Smallville.

#40 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Ashes to Ashes, Eastbound and Down, The Wire.

#41 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

The Venture Brothers. Starts out good and only gets better. It's the best thing on Adult Swim by far.

#42 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

Watch Entourage. It is a show filled with four best friends, really hot girls, and a shit load of money,

#43 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Man, I know it's maybe kind of sad because I'm a 23 year old male, but I freakin' love iCarly. It's become one of my favorite shows. I don't watch too many shows, I mostly stick to my favorites like reruns of The Fresh Prince, That 70's Show, and I like to watch Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens. Oh, and dude, Spongebob, of course.

#44 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -
@ahriman22: burn notice is my favorite show on tv right now, that and jeff and ryan both approved of it on a bombcast
#45 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@Kaizzy said:
" My favorite show is Code Monkeys (see pic.) 

I also love to watch South Park, Tosh.0, Bleach, Code Geass, Guren Lugaan, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Comedy Central Presents, and MANswers.

You bored? Go to FAKKU.net. DO NOT go there if you don't know what hentai is! That site is NSFW! NSFW! Only if you know what hentai is.

Completely bored? Get some vaccines. LOL. shots hurt!
"
This dudes high.
#46 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@Ross said:
" I'm gonna say House.  He might be an asshole but he is a hilarious one. "
That should be the shows tagline.
#47 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Lost, Burn Notice, Arrested Development, and if you'd like: Reaper.

#48 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -
@Absurd said:
" Lost, Burn Notice, Arrested Development, and if you'd like: Reaper. "
reaper is a funny show, makes me really sad it isnt on hulu
#49 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

the sopranos

#50 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -

Battlestar Galactica, Invader Zim is a great animated show, and if you have Netflix instant streaming the Office, 30 Rock and Heroes are all great choices.