#1 Posted by Aegon (5405 posts) -

If only for a short time until the novelty expires. This has become popular in Japan, among the school kids:

It's great, you can do it anywhere, like in the middle of the street:

Pretty sure this needs to catch on in the U.S., right?

More.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

That's actually pretty rad.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I'm okay with this.

#4 Posted by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

This is a valid meme

#5 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3795 posts) -

And what did we have? Planking. Japan wins again.

#6 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

It sure looks cool.

#7 Edited by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

And what did we have? Planking. Japan wins again.

Japan always wins.

Always.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8025 posts) -

Hahaha, terrific

#9 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

#10 Posted by Kepler (36 posts) -

@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

Dude, are you being serious?

#11 Posted by Aegon (5405 posts) -

@kepler said:

@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

Dude, are you being serious?

I think he is.

#12 Edited by RPGee (759 posts) -
@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

So us Westerners will do the only thing we know with these things: reappropriate it in a way it's not intended, because it looks cool and we're silly.

I for one am all for this.

#14 Edited by paulwade1984 (477 posts) -

Saw this on reddit the other day. pretty weird.

#15 Edited by supamon (1333 posts) -

@aegon said:

@kepler said:

@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

Dude, are you being serious?

I think he is.

Because it's true.

#16 Edited by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I liked doing that when I was a kid too. Also perspective pictures where you're a giant hand that is tormenting innocents.

When I was learning Photoshop in middle school, I made a shot of myself giving a car a hadouken, which took that joke to it's natural limit.

#18 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

@supamon said:

@aegon said:

@kepler said:

@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

Dude, are you being serious?

I think he is.

Because it's true.

I'm not serious about Dragonball Z at all, but it's totally the reason why this became a thing this week, I also learned from reading about this that the woman who voices goku is like 74 years old now.

#19 Posted by FLStyle (4582 posts) -

@benny said:

@supamon said:

@aegon said:

@kepler said:

@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

Dude, are you being serious?

I think he is.

Because it's true.

I'm not serious about Dragonball Z at all, but it's totally the reason why this became a thing this week, I also learned from reading about this that the woman who voices goku is like 74 years old now.

Even if the new DBZ movie wasn't coming out I could've told you that they were doing kamehamehas and not hadokens. Come on people, when have people been blown away rag-doll style after being hit by a hadoken?

#20 Edited by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

Japan knows what's up!

#21 Edited by Aegon (5405 posts) -
@flstyle said:

@benny said:

@supamon said:

@aegon said:

@kepler said:

@benny said:

Except they aren't hadokening at all, they are kamehamehaing because of the release of the new Dragonball Z movie which Akira Toriyama worked on and is considered canon.

Dude, are you being serious?

I think he is.

Because it's true.

I'm not serious about Dragonball Z at all, but it's totally the reason why this became a thing this week, I also learned from reading about this that the woman who voices goku is like 74 years old now.

Even if the new DBZ movie wasn't coming out I could've told you that they were doing kamehamehas and not hadokens. Come on people, when have people been blown away rag-doll style after being hit by a hadoken?

If you want to get nerd serious about this, then the picture below cannot be considered a Kamehameha nor a Hadoken. It's just a name for a meme. Lots of things are named weirdly. Like the word "brag" in English, comes from the French word for codpiece (braguette).

It's great, you can do it anywhere, like in the middle of the street:T

#22 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Meh.

#23 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

It's alright, but I'm sure by this time next week I'll have gotten tired of it if it catches on. Memes just aren't the same as they were about ten years ago.

#24 Edited by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I like it. And at least it's not like the Harlem Shake.

#25 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Is the one on the right having her pants blown off?

#26 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Those pictures look rad! But I bet if I see them done a billion times during the next week I'll find them annoying.

#27 Posted by VarkhanMB (159 posts) -

@aegon said:

If you want to get nerd serious about this, then the picture below cannot be considered a Kamehameha nor a Hadoken. It's just a name for a meme. Lots of things are named weirdly. Like the word "brag" in English, comes from the French word for codpiece (braguette).

I sincerely doubt brag comes from braguette, but let's not start yet another interwebs fight.

There's no way we can make this trend a thing in North America, right?

#28 Edited by Aegon (5405 posts) -

@varkhanmb said:

@aegon said:

If you want to get nerd serious about this, then the picture below cannot be considered a Kamehameha nor a Hadoken. It's just a name for a meme. Lots of things are named weirdly. Like the word "brag" in English, comes from the French word for codpiece (braguette).

I sincerely doubt brag comes from braguette

It totally does. It comes from bragging about how big your codpiece is.

#29 Edited by VarkhanMB (159 posts) -

@aegon: Right, the whole braggart/bragard thing. I was under the impression that brag came before anything else and not the other way around. Oh well.

#30 Edited by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

maymay

edit: planking tebowing

#31 Edited by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

Please, catch on in the US.

#32 Edited by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

I'm pretty sure someone linked me to a similar picture with a 9Gag watermark on it so it's probably already making its way through the west.

#33 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

im worried about the impeding butt/hip damage theyre gonna suffer when they all land

#34 Posted by TheHT (10904 posts) -

I'm ok with this.

@envane said:

im worried about the impeding butt/hip damage theyre gonna suffer when they all land

they could just be jumping in place and lifting their legs while outstretching their arms. That or longjumping.

#35 Edited by StarvingGamer (8025 posts) -
@envane said:

im worried about the impeding butt/hip damage theyre gonna suffer when they all land

Look at their hair.

#36 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

The meme was totaly awesome for 5 minutes, until I got to @aegon s post, then the meme sucked.

#37 Posted by ajamafalous (11856 posts) -

Not gonna lie: first thing I thought of was also that it was misnamed.

#38 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@mushir said:

Those pictures look rad! But I bet if I see them done a billion times during the next week I'll find them annoying.

My thoughts exactly, but for now wheeeee

#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5249 posts) -

A meme lives such a fickle life.

#40 Edited by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

Looks cool :)