brooklyngrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By brooklyngrenade

Still breathing--still living

Hi everyone, it's been a while, a long while, nearly too long for my liking. Hope you all been doing well. Me? Well, I've been busy (that's understated), but now I am entering a period of "ease" and seemingly more free time. With that, I hope to be around blogging more. But here's an update of what's been happening to me lately...in bullet form *pew pew*

• Got accepted to a college: The Savannah College of Art and Design. They gave me a scholarship too, $5000. This school is in my top three, and everyone's been telling me how good of a college it is. I'm waiting for other acceptance letters, but this is a very likely choice.
  • Relationships take work, but it's been worth it though. My girlfriend bought me the Watchmen novel today as a birthday gift and I'm getting it on Wednesday. She's even more awesome for that.
  • Oh yeah, my birthday was Friday. 17, I don't feel 17 yet--whatever that is supposed to feel like. However, I look forward to buying M-Rated games, the first one: Fallout 3 (yes, I still did not purchase it)
  • And yeah, haven't been playing many games either. I plan to get some good sessions in very soon. The most I've been playing is Rock Band 2, which I absolutely love! I NEED to play Gears 2 single player and multiplayer. Also, I have Castle Crashers so if anyone wants to go for a whirl with me in that hit me up sometime.
  • Other than that, I've really been focusing on my artistic talents. I don't mean to sound pretentious in any way, besides you guys know I'm humble. But more and more people are recognizing my talents, it's  a wonderful feeling. I guess it's also because of all the inspiration I've been taking in lately.
  • Inspiration like our President-elect of course. By the way, I'm leaving for DC in a couple of hours for the inauguration! I'm friggin' ecstatic about it!

There's a lot else I need to list here, but I'll save it for later entries. Keep it cool folks, see ya later.
Avatar image for brooklyngrenade
brooklyngrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By brooklyngrenade

Still breathing--still living

Hi everyone, it's been a while, a long while, nearly too long for my liking. Hope you all been doing well. Me? Well, I've been busy (that's understated), but now I am entering a period of "ease" and seemingly more free time. With that, I hope to be around blogging more. But here's an update of what's been happening to me lately...in bullet form *pew pew*

• Got accepted to a college: The Savannah College of Art and Design. They gave me a scholarship too, $5000. This school is in my top three, and everyone's been telling me how good of a college it is. I'm waiting for other acceptance letters, but this is a very likely choice.
  • Relationships take work, but it's been worth it though. My girlfriend bought me the Watchmen novel today as a birthday gift and I'm getting it on Wednesday. She's even more awesome for that.
  • Oh yeah, my birthday was Friday. 17, I don't feel 17 yet--whatever that is supposed to feel like. However, I look forward to buying M-Rated games, the first one: Fallout 3 (yes, I still did not purchase it)
  • And yeah, haven't been playing many games either. I plan to get some good sessions in very soon. The most I've been playing is Rock Band 2, which I absolutely love! I NEED to play Gears 2 single player and multiplayer. Also, I have Castle Crashers so if anyone wants to go for a whirl with me in that hit me up sometime.
  • Other than that, I've really been focusing on my artistic talents. I don't mean to sound pretentious in any way, besides you guys know I'm humble. But more and more people are recognizing my talents, it's  a wonderful feeling. I guess it's also because of all the inspiration I've been taking in lately.
  • Inspiration like our President-elect of course. By the way, I'm leaving for DC in a couple of hours for the inauguration! I'm friggin' ecstatic about it!

There's a lot else I need to list here, but I'll save it for later entries. Keep it cool folks, see ya later.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I know what you mean with the whole "not feeling 17" thing. What an incredibly underwhelming transition, especially given the fact that we can buy M-rated games now. Meh.

Grats on Watchmen, hope you enjoy it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, there's no real "feeling" that you get from being a certain age, despite what some people seem to think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

The Watchmen was a great novel. You shall enjoy it.

And by art, what kind?

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Optiow

I hope you enjoy watchmen, I still need to find a bloody copy...

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By DBoy

Nice to see you back on here Ish.  Congrats on getting accepted into college.  That's always a relief when it happens.  Good news about the girlfriend, even though you've been letting us dudes hang because of her (just kidding, of course).

And finally, get Fallout 3.  Now.  Seriously, just drop what you're doing, get up, get out the door and go buy it.

frankthelizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By frankthelizard

Good to hear from you again. If I see you on Castle Crashers I would love to come play with you, I havent touched that game for quite awhile now. Also congrats on getting into college!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

Happy belated birthday.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Slunks

:)

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pill92

Congratz on getting accepted! I really need to pick up the Watchmen novel,in anticipation for  the film.  Glad your still breathing, we need to play some games when things settle down.   Looking forward to watching the inauguration on TV tomorrow,that is a event you'll be telling your grand kids about one day.  

MaypoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MaypoMan

Have a great time in DC! :D

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By darro

It has been a while since we last seen some contact from yourself and its good to see you back.  You have been a pretty busy boy and congratulations on getting accepted to that college.  Enjoy watching Obama getting inaugurated. :) 

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Messier

Congrats on the scholarship! Hard work pays off. Keep it up. You're going places.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By gearhead

Hit me up sometime Ish on Xbox live. I just finished watching the Inauguration. I look froward to telling my children, and their children about it.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15  Edited By JamesF

The Watchmen is awesome, and I'm sure you'll love it. Also, congratz on the acceptance to college!

I'm up for some Castle Crashers. Lemme know if you wanna play some!

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xShR3Dx

Happy birthday man.
So lucky I want to go to the inauguration.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xandurson

Lots of stuff indeed. Fallout 3 was the first M game I bought as well. lol

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stevieq

Congrats on getting in to college, dude!

visionarygs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By visionarygs

Damn son, you had some great reasons for not being around.  I'm proud man, you keep doing your thing.  I see some great successes in the future for you and if there's one thing Obama has taught individuals of all races everywhere, it's the fact there are no limits or excuses left for us to reach any goal or hight.   Don't mind me, everyone gets one mushy moment from me at least once.  :P 

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By phlegms

Good to see things are working out for you, good luck with the future.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By teh_destroyer

You don't know me,but I guess it won't hurt to say that I am glad you are doing well.Yay for being 17,being able to go to college,and getting the awesomeness that is Watchmen.I hope your life continues to go well,because you will eventually hit a long and hard road :).

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Congrats on that scholarship, man! That's must be a huge weight off your chest, huh?

stanhigareda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By stanhigareda

An update full of good things. Nothing is better than that. I forgot that we share birthdays so, happy birthday.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well.  Congrats on the scholarship and acceptance.  I look forward to seeing some of your works when you become a fully trained art-Ish.  Sorry, that was lame.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By dj

Good to see you back.