• 53 results
#1 Posted by mordukai (7157 posts) -

So I just watched the trailer for the upcoming Die Hard movie titled A Good Day To Die Hard and I must say it got me intrigued. Seems like it's got potential to have some really interesting interaction between John McClane and his new side kick.

Personally it looks to be better then the last Die Hard we got, but I guess anything is better from the rather boring Die Hard 4.

So what are your thoughts after watching the trailer?

#2 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

I'm not going to watch the trailer because I don't want even the slightest hint of spoilers, but I hope it receives an R rating.

#3 Posted by Veektarius (4920 posts) -

Well, it does look better than Live Free or Die Hard, but I don't think this looks like a Die Hard movie. It looks like a James Bond movie with John McClane substituted for James Bond (i.e. high octane car chases and big stunt sequences). That doesn't mean it'll be bad, but the 80s/early 90s action movies had a style that today's sensibilities haven't seemed able to replicate, at least in the eyes of the audiences. So I'm skeptical by default.

#4 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3559 posts) -

John McClane doesn't go out searching for trouble, trouble goes out searching for him.

Thank you for no more hackers, just good old Russian terrorists it looks like. All I need is Samuel L. to pop out with a good "mother fucker" line and I'm set, ticket paid in full.

#5 Posted by Begilerath (175 posts) -

If this does not have a Young Bruce Willis fighting Old Man Willis I'm not interested...actually this looks rather interesting but not going to a theater to see it interesting, to me at least.

#6 Posted by CottoneUD (276 posts) -

I feel optimistic that this will not be horrible. I hope a Gruber is the antagonist, or German thieves at the least. I hope that they stay in one building and John McClane does not fight a jet by himself. I hope Bruce Willis can be an "old man action hero", and that the actor playing Junior McClane is not horrible. I hope John McClane does not die in this movie. I also hope this movie is rated R. I hope.

#7 Posted by Unilad (575 posts) -

so.....Willis is the new Cage! What a shame.

#8 Posted by ProfessorEss (7445 posts) -

Why not.

No matter how hard I try I just can not not love John McClane.

#9 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

die hard is awesome. will always be awesome.

#10 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3559 posts) -

@Unilad said:

so.....Willis is the new Cage! What a shame.

Do I hear rumblings for a Face/Off 2?

Willis Vs. Cage?

#11 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4417 posts) -

Looks better than the last but I doubt I'll see it if it's PG 13.

#12 Edited by psylah (2181 posts) -

This time he'll jump a BMX bike off a ramp up into an incoming ICBM to divert it away from L.A.

#13 Edited by stryker1121 (1521 posts) -

Hard R or go home. I have my doubts on this one - First off it's being released in the cinematic graveyard of February; second while the trailer was OK it looks like 1,000 other action movies that have come out since the original Die Hard broke the mold, so to speak. As much as I like the idea of a new Die Hard flick, the reality of it is not so kind.

#14 Posted by ShockD (2409 posts) -

It's got dual AK-47, so yes.

#15 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

I'm not going to watch the trailer. I rewatched 1-3 recently and I have to say, though I like all of them for different reasons, none of them are that good (I know, I know). Kicking this dead horse after it had already been kicked in three, let alone four, seems pathetic to me.

#16 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

I'm scared. Going to Russia ruined Police Academy

#17 Posted by churrific (483 posts) -

I just like that it's coming out on Valentine's Day.

#18 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Bruce Willis needs more money.

#19 Edited by NTM (7479 posts) -

Dumb. The first one is arguably the best action movie ever made, and it's even ironically arguably the best Christmas movie ever made, but they pretty much went downhill from there, and I'm sure this isn't going to be any different. I saw this trailer a while back, and all I can say is that I hope it's R rated. One other thing, the last time I saw the first Die Hard I was a little disappointed, but mostly from the ending.

I never got the feeling before, but because my opinions have changed through the years and I've come to realize more things, the ending, after they make it out of Nakatomi, but before the great Christmas themed credits, I really didn't like it, it was extremely corny, and what really took me away from it was the fact Fox decided to use the same song from the film Aliens called "Resolution and Hyperspace". Go back and watch the ending to Aliens, and then do the same as Die Hard, it's the same song, and you can also read it on elsewhere.

#20 Posted by jsnyder82 (744 posts) -

Last one was pretty good, actually. I'm always up for some more McClane.

#21 Edited by Solh0und (1795 posts) -

I'm perfectly okay with a new Die Hard. I even liked the last one.

Fingers crossed for a R rating.

#22 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

Not a big action movie fan, but it looks alright for Die Hard. Didn't really get into any of them except the first one. The father/son thing seems like it could carry more potential than the Justin Long stuff in the last movie. I don't know. I wouldn't go out of my way, but if there's nothing else out and I really feel like going to the theater, then maybe.

#23 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

It doesn't look bad but it also doesn't look like a Die Hard movie.

It's like in Kill Bill, I doubt the part where Uma Thurman is hacking dozens of people up in the tea house got much of a reaction out of people, but the part where she's slamming that dude's head in the door made everybody flinch with every hit. That's sort of what made Die Hard work, most of the action in that movie was a lot more visceral and personal, not just some dude gunning down dozens of faceless goons / helicopters / tanks. It's kinda counter-intuitive, but it seems the less capable and more vulnerable you make your action hero, the more badass he winds up being when he does overcome the odds.

#24 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -

As far as I'm concerned, there is only 3 Die Hard movies. Period.

#25 Posted by Lazyaza (2196 posts) -

Old man Bruce Willis kinda bugs me, I feel like if they're going to do more of these films they should get a new much younger lead guy who I'm not constantly questioning their being any degree of believability seeing in such action scenes.

#26 Posted by Aetheldod (3626 posts) -

Seems alright ...... but why must Mcclane have a side kick? And worse is his son :(

#27 Posted by Stepside (514 posts) -

That trailer rocks my face.

#28 Posted by FearMyFlop (101 posts) -

Coming from a guy who thinks Crank 2 is art, this looks brilliant.

#29 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Dad Hard.

#30 Posted by AlexW00d (6302 posts) -

Nothing will ever be as good as the first one, that's my feeling after everything not Die Hard.

#31 Posted by Getz (3095 posts) -

Bruce Willis gotta get that cheese yo

#32 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

I'll definitely watch it. Love me some Die Hard.

#33 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

Fuck yea Die Hard for life!

#34 Posted by Meltac (2003 posts) -

@Silvergun said:

It's like in Kill Bill, I doubt the part where Uma Thurman is hacking dozens of people up in the tea house got much of a reaction out of people, but the part where she's slamming that dude's head in the door made everybody flinch with every hit. That's sort of what made Die Hard work, most of the action in that movie was a lot more visceral and personal, not just some dude gunning down dozens of faceless goons / helicopters / tanks. It's kinda counter-intuitive, but it seems the less capable and more vulnerable you make your action hero, the more badass he winds up being when he does overcome the odds.

Nailed it.

#35 Edited by Unilad (575 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Willis Vs. Cage?

Face Off 2: Face Harder?

Only on HDDVD!

#36 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5706 posts) -

Just watch the original, much like Total Recall it never gets old.

#37 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3426 posts) -

It does look better than the last one, but it still looks terrible I think. Bruce Willis hasn't made a great movie in ages.

#38 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

I'll pass. After the most recent one, I just have no interest in the series anymore.

#39 Posted by Butano (1746 posts) -

I'm in the vocal minority of actually liking Live Free or Die Hard, but I'll go ahead and watch it. I mean, it's got the 4 points a Die Hard movie needs:

1. Ode to Joy
  2. Bruce Willis
  3. Yippee Kai Yay
  4. Explosions

So yes, I'm looking forward to it.

#40 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

@NTM said:

and it's even ironically arguably the best Christmas movie ever made

I like Home Alone 1 and 2 better as Christmas movies. As far Die Hard goes I really think they could have stopped after the third one and we'd be alright.

#41 Posted by believer258 (11984 posts) -

I like all of them to some extent, so chances are I'll like this one.

...but I can't help but feel like it's stretching the franchise too far. A lot of people would argue that Live Free or Die Hard was too far, that the third one was as far as the franchise needed to go, but the fourth hits some nice points of crazy and delivers some good over-the-top action scenes. But there's a point where you hit the "Dragonball Z Threshold" of never being able to really raise the stakes because things just become uncomprehensibly over-the-top.

Now that I've said that, I will pay triple to see Bruce Willis become a super saiyan.

#42 Posted by FLStyle (4765 posts) -

I've always enjoyed the Die Hard films but as Willis himself is the only person coming back who worked on the original trilogy for 5 I'm not sure about this one.

#43 Posted by MattyFTM (14416 posts) -

With a title like that, it had better have some klingons in it.

#44 Posted by csl316 (8939 posts) -

I'm sure Mary Elizabeth Winstead had something to do with it, but I really enjoyed Die Hard 4.  McClane's always been outmatched, but it was the first time where he was completely out of his element.  But he still took care of business, but he's John fucking McClane.

What I'm trying to say is, looking forward to this.

#45 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

I'd watch it if it's rated R. No less then that.

#46 Posted by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this. The new name sounds delightfully stupid, and I'm always down to watch John McClane nearly explode. I have a healthy appreciation for action movies. I even liked Die Hard 4.

#47 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3559 posts) -

@Unilad said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Willis Vs. Cage?

Only on HDDVD!

ONLY ON LASERDISC!

#48 Posted by NTM (7479 posts) -

@aquamarin: That's why I said arguably. Yes, I like Home Alone 1 and 2 as well as Christmas movies, although I'm not sure if I'd technically call them good movies. Those are two movies I just haven't really thought about from a critical point of view.

#49 Posted by phuzzybunny (172 posts) -

Can't wait for it. Live Free or Die Hard is a great action movie.

#50 Posted by Unilad (575 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

@Unilad said:

@I_Stay_Puft said:

Willis Vs. Cage?

Only on HDDVD!

ONLY ON LASERDISC!

Clearly the best place for this!