A Note to Patrick (Regarding Chicago)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By donchipotle

@BrockNRolla said:

@DonChipotle said:

As someone who is also from Chicago, anyone who is a Cubs fan can fuck right off.

This is White Sox territory, son.

Oh yeah? Well I'm from Chicago, and anyone who is a baseball fan can fuck right off. I hate getting on the Red Line during baseball games. You're fucking with my commute!

Also, this is America. Football is our sport. So instead, Bears fans can fuck right off, because I'm a Packer fan.

This is a weird town.

Bears fans are pretty bad, yeah.

Rabid, even.

Like a bear.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By habster3

@TooWalrus said:

@Vinchenzo: lol, I remember you. You were on some hardcore anti-alcohol tirade, belittling anyone who liked to drink, acting all holier-than-thou, saying anyone who drinks is an idiot etc, and one day I guess you 'discovered' alcohol, because you changed your profile wallpaper to a picture of you with a 40oz.

At least, that's what happened in my head.

And with that fact, the OP has lost any trace of credibility (if he even had any in the first place).

What an asshat.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Vinchenzo

@BrockNRolla said:

@DonChipotle said:

As someone who is also from Chicago, anyone who is a Cubs fan can fuck right off.

Oh yeah? Well I'm from Chicago, and anyone who is a baseball fan can fuck right off. I hate getting on the Red Line during baseball games. You're fucking with my commute!

Also, this is America. Football is our sport. So instead, Bears fans can fuck right off, because I'm a Packer fan.

This is a weird town.

Getting on the Red line or any line at any time is a terrible ordeal, Chicago trains are gross. Also Metra trains are always late and prone to failure.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

As someone who is not from Chicago I think Patrick should take it a step further by constantly making references to Common songs.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Milkman

I hate this website.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Godfuckingdamnit, you guys.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Vinchenzo said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@DonChipotle said:

This is a weird town.

Getting on the Red line or any line at any time is a terrible ordeal, Chicago trains are gross. Also Metra trains are always late and prone to failure.

We can more than agree on that.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vinchenzo

@habster3 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Vinchenzo: lol, I remember you. You were on some hardcore anti-alcohol tirade, belittling anyone who liked to drink, acting all holier-than-thou, saying anyone who drinks is an idiot etc, and one day I guess you 'discovered' alcohol, because you changed your profile wallpaper to a picture of you with a 40oz.

At least, that's what happened in my head.

And with that fact, the OP has lost any trace of credibility (if he even had any in the first place).

What an asshat.

I'm fine with people drinking, just not people drinking to get drunk. Which brings me back to Patrick and how he acted like he almost got into a fight at a bar, when he did not even come close to getting into a fight at a bar.

Also I have no credibility which you're correct in. Pretty much nobody on the internet has credibility. Welcome to the internet.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Poppduder

I'm from Chicago and I love Portillo's.  Try to find someone from this area who doesn't.  Honestly.  Sure Al's Beef on Clark  might be a little better and little sweeter (figuratively) because it's not a chain... but I fucking love Portillo's and Lou Malnati's pizza.  I'm not afraid to admit it.

EDIT: If this thread made me realize anything its that there are a lot of cool Midwest duders and we should have a Chicago-based-duder-meet-up.  Preferably with the bomb crew out here too.  OP's not invited.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Jams

@casper_ said:

@Jams:

as a Californian i'd like to advise that you stay away from central California as the only things there are cows and alcoholism.

We like to squirt turkey basters full of vodka up a cows ass then push it over. Good times.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Milkman said:

I hate this website.

I think it's the other way around. Think about it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Justin258
@Animasta

To be fair, Patrick probably represents Chicago better than Brad represents North Carolina

*sigh* If only...
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vinchenzo

@Poppduder said:

I'm from Chicago and I love Portillo's. Try to find someone from this area who doesn't. Honestly. Sure Al's Beef on Clark might be a little better and little sweeter (figuratively) because it's not a chain... but I fucking love Portillo's and Lou Malnati's pizza. I'm not afraid to admit it.

Yeah Portillo's is good. I went to Al's Beef a few months ago and didn't find the appeal. Not a fan of having to stand up while eating, either.

Lou Malnati's also good.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TehBuLL
@YoThatLimp

@Vinchenzo said:

I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago. Those deep-dish, Chicago hot dog, Cubs and Bears loving purists are the worst. And no I'm not saying deep-dish or Chicago hot dogs are bad, I love them as well, but don't have dumb arguments defending deep-dish just because you're from Chicago.

He is a guy who is probably home sick for home after the passing of his father. My wife is from New Zealand and loves everything New Zealand now that she lives in Chicago instead of Christchurch.

If anything make fun of him for being a north side lameo, that isn't the real Chicago. :P

Yeah...but I'm gunna stay up here on the north side...because you know...the whole keeping your blood in your body thing.
SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SlashDance

@MariachiMacabre said:

Yeah, this seems like a thread that needed making. Thanks, Jake Gyllenhaal.
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ShaggE

@Animasta said:

To be fair, Patrick probably represents Chicago better than Brad represents North Carolina

Petey Pablo set a high, high bar. It would be foolish for Brad to even try to aspire to those heights.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Milkman said:

I hate this website.

I think it's the other way around. Think about it.

I love this website but simultaneously it makes me want to punch myself in the face.

sparkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sparkul

I have Portillo's like every week.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By Video_Game_King

As a proud Lunarian, I'm quite glad that nobody on the staff is even bothering to represent me.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Hitchenson

As a Cornish duder I just want to say that pasties from the other side of the Tamar are not pasties and Ginsters are the worst fucking pieces of trash to ever be unleashed upon this world.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Poppduder
@Hitchenson said:

As a Cornish duder I just want to say that pasties from the other side of the Tamar are not pasties and Ginsters are the worst fucking pieces of trash to ever be unleashed upon this world.

Woah dude.  None of that made any sense to me, but that sounds PRETTY inflammatory.
Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demoskinos said:

@Little_Socrates said:

"I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago."

I also am from Chicago, and you're acting like a spoil-sport. Stop it.

Dawg, it's fun to love Chicago. And hot dogs are way better Chicago-style then with ketchup. Of course, ketchup is just the worst on everything. (So overpowering with so little reward, and on the handful of occasions it's valuable, barbecue sauce is always better!)

Also, he's not a purist on deep dish pizza, he just knows that Domino's in San Fran isn't gonna deliver you an actual deep dish pizza, it's gonna deliver you something with a stuffed crust and not four inches of tomatoes and nonsense. They don't even have an Uno's out there anymore (if my Googling checks out) to get proper deep dish. And I mean "proper" in the sense that "it's actually deep dish," not in the sense that "the only proper way to eat pizza is deep dish."

As for loving the Bears/Cubs, he likes sports. Is that really so wrong?

Forget Chi-Town this Ketchup slandering shall not stand sir. Ketchup is delicious.

The only things that go on a hot dog are, sauerkraut, mustard, and diced onions. Never ketchup.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By Daveyo520

@Vinchenzo: So only you get to represent Chicago then?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#76  Edited By MildMolasses

@Hitchenson said:

You mean the things that Vegas showgirls put over their nipples?

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Meltac

@FunkasaurasRex said:

As someone who is not from Chicago I think Patrick should take it a step further by constantly making references to Common songs.

The only good idea to come out of this stupid thread.

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

The only things that go on a hot dog are, sauerkraut, mustard, and diced onions. Never ketchup.

Oh, and what the fuck? That sounds disgusting. You should try one of these instead.

No Caption Provided

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hitchenson
Best food in existence
Best food in existence

@Poppduder: @MildMolasses:

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Tiamatsword22
@casper_

@Jams:

as a Californian i'd like to advise that you stay away from central California as the only things there are cows and alcoholism.

Don't forget meth. And meth lab explosions.
Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Poppduder
@Hitchenson: that looks like dog food in a croissant. 
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#81  Edited By Humanity

I like to hear tales about Chicago because after having visited there once it's interesting to hear any redeeming facts about it. Everyone knows NYC is the best, apart from the terrible weather and terrible everything else.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By OldGuy
@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Little_Socrates said:

"I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago."

I also am from Chicago, and you're acting like a spoil-sport. Stop it.

Dawg, it's fun to love Chicago. And hot dogs are way better Chicago-style then with ketchup. Of course, ketchup is just the worst on everything. (So overpowering with so little reward, and on the handful of occasions it's valuable, barbecue sauce is always better!)

Also, he's not a purist on deep dish pizza, he just knows that Domino's in San Fran isn't gonna deliver you an actual deep dish pizza, it's gonna deliver you something with a stuffed crust and not four inches of tomatoes and nonsense. They don't even have an Uno's out there anymore (if my Googling checks out) to get proper deep dish. And I mean "proper" in the sense that "it's actually deep dish," not in the sense that "the only proper way to eat pizza is deep dish."

As for loving the Bears/Cubs, he likes sports. Is that really so wrong?

Forget Chi-Town this Ketchup slandering shall not stand sir. Ketchup is delicious.

Get rid of the kraut and put on chili sauce and you might have something there...
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Akyho

As someone from Scotland stop telling me what is correctly depicting an average life in Chicago and California! I will find out myself!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AlexW00d

@MildMolasses said:

@Hitchenson said:

You mean the things that Vegas showgirls put over their nipples?

No that's a pasty. I think. Pronounced entirely different.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Hitchenson

@Poppduder: I'll cut you up, mate.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86  Edited By Sackmanjones

Looks like we got an early nomination for dumbest thread of the year.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87  Edited By MildMolasses

@Hitchenson: I need to stop making dumb jokes that would require vocal intonation in the forums

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jams
Have I ever forgot about the meth? No.
Have I ever forgot about the meth? No.

@Tits_Matador said:

@casper_

@Jams:

Don't forget meth. And meth lab explosions.
roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By roborobb

@TheHumanDove said:

I thought Chicago was only full of patrick clones. At least this clears that up for me.

You just conjured up the greatest image in my mind. Thanks!

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Poppduder
@Hitchenson: Deservedly.  It's kind of awesome how a few thousand miles and cultures can become so wildly different.  And also entertaining how staunch people can get about the foods they like.  I'm insulted by people putting ketchup on a hot dog and you get defensive about.... that thing.
rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By rflx

LOL @ people trying to tell someone how to talk and behave. So fucking rude.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By smitty86

I would also like to say that I too am from Chicago and as such, I would like it if OP did not try to represent Chicago in anyway. Especially in such an ignorant and moronic fashion. Thank you.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Vinchenzo

@rflx said:

LOL @ people trying to tell someone how to talk and behave. So fucking rude.

You're right, these people should respect me and prostrate themselves before me.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#94  Edited By Undeadpool

@RenegadeDoppelganger said:

This thread is basically a snarky Yelp review of Patrick.

I LOVE Chicago and growing up it was ALWAYS a treat to visit there with my parents. So when I heard that Giant Bomb was hiring none other than Chicago's own PATRICK KLEPEK to be a newsman for their site to supplement the Alex Navarro they already had, I was BESIDE myself with delight...

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#95  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Vinchenzo: Ewwwww Lou's is the woooorst.

@WilltheMagicAsian: I usually wouldn't use kraut on a dog. That's more a brat thing, IMO.

@OldGuy: Oh god, now I want a chili dog. It's been months since I last had one.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Little_Socrates said:

@Vinchenzo: Ewwwww Lou's is the woooorst.

@WilltheMagicAsian: I usually wouldn't use kraut on a dog. That's more a brat thing, IMO.

@OldGuy: Oh god, now I want a chili dog. It's been months since I last had one.

Yeah, it is more of a bratwurst thing, but man do I love me some sauerkraut.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ravenlight

@Animasta said:

Yeah. He does a pretty poor job of representing how crappy it is.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#98  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Has anyone ever considered that maybe, just maybe, Chicago is from Patrick?

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SeanFoster

"I'll speak for the squealing, wretched, pinhead puppets of Chicago! You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell." - Patrick Klepek, Bombcast, October 16, 2012

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#100  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

ALCOHOL

THE CHICAGO BEARS

HOT DOGS

I DRINK ALCOHOL