A Small Problem

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By dbz1995

Now then, I had given my PS2 away a few weeks ago. We agreed for £60 for the PS2, two memory cards, three games, a PS1 game, and a controller. Now then, we've given all the PS2 stuff, we just need the £60 stuff. Here are the problems

1) I'm 14
 Now these friends aren't my friends, they're my mum's friends and I don't know them very well. If I ask for their money, knowing my mum and her friends, they'll stop being friends. I can't display any authority to these duders because I'm 14, and supposedly know nothing about judgement, authority, etc.

2) They are apparently poor
 Once I'd given it to them, the next day, I asked mum for the money. She said 'they are poor'. Not a great argument, but if they took my PS2 surely I should have my end of the bargain?

So what do you duders think?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By dbz1995

Now then, I had given my PS2 away a few weeks ago. We agreed for £60 for the PS2, two memory cards, three games, a PS1 game, and a controller. Now then, we've given all the PS2 stuff, we just need the £60 stuff. Here are the problems

1) I'm 14
 Now these friends aren't my friends, they're my mum's friends and I don't know them very well. If I ask for their money, knowing my mum and her friends, they'll stop being friends. I can't display any authority to these duders because I'm 14, and supposedly know nothing about judgement, authority, etc.

2) They are apparently poor
 Once I'd given it to them, the next day, I asked mum for the money. She said 'they are poor'. Not a great argument, but if they took my PS2 surely I should have my end of the bargain?

So what do you duders think?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Tell ma (again)

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

So they never payed you? Fuck 'em, get you money or take your PS2 back.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

well take this as a learning experience as to the definition of a trade.  A trade only happens when you get something in return for giving something. While you may have agreed to a price, no trade happened since your dumb ass was dumb enough to walk away after giving them your shit and getting nothing in return.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

Man, they sucks donkey balls.  I feel for you, but you may never see your stuff again or the money.   

I will suggest something a little left field though.  They are your mother's friends.  She should give you the money and take on herself to get it back.  Try, gently, asking her for the money whilst she gets it from them.  Can't hurt right?

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DCFGS3

Yeah, I agree, ask your mother for the money if they can't or won't pay for your stuff.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dbz1995
@StaticFalconar said:
" well take this as a learning experience as to the definition of a trade.  A trade only happens when you get something in return for giving something. While you may have agreed to a price, no trade happened since your dumb ass was dumb enough to walk away after giving them your shit and getting nothing in return. "
:'( MEAN MEAN CHILD
Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By psyborg0815

Ask them or your mother for the money.
If they agreed to the price, they should have the money.
You could also try to get your PS2 back and sell it to other people.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dbz1995

Ok, so I've told my mum what you guys and girls generally told me to do. Heres another dilemma, what should I do with it? I'm already getting COD: MW2, and Uncharted 2. I've got enough for 3 more games.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Damian
Option 1 (the 'good kharma' option): Be happy that you've spread joy into the life of another by being such a generous soul. 
Option 2 (the '@oldschool said' option):

" They are your mother's friends.  She should give you the money and take on herself to get it back.  Try, gently, asking her for the money whilst she gets it from them.  Can't hurt right? "

Option 3 (the 'pushing it' option): Make it all work out so that for the world to be right again your mom should should buy you a brand new video game. They're like $100 bucks for you right? That's a sweet deal.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

Ask for the money, obviously. 
You've made a deal, simple as that.  
Who cares if they are poor, it's their own fault

dbz1995

Forum Posts