#1 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

So, I've gone and recorded one of my favorite songs and wanted to see what you all thought (the second I've posted on here, and I got some pretty good feedback the first time).

It's a cover of a Josh Ritter song called "The Temptation of Adam" that tells a story of a solider and a scientist who are tasked with manning a nuclear missile silo.

Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/nick-horowitz/the-temptation-of-adam

#2 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

Its neat! Cool. And you look like Brad Muir. ~ Good all around.

#3 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Thanks. And being compared to Mr. Muir in anyway is a huge compliment.

#4 Posted by Jams (2966 posts) -

@ztiworoh said:

So, I've gone and recorded one of my favorite songs and wanted to see what you all thought (the second I've posted on here, and I got some pretty good feedback the first time).

It's a cover of a Josh Ritter song called "The Temptation of Adam" that tells a story of a solider and a scientist who are tasked with manning a nuclear missile silo.

Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/nick-horowitz/the-temptation-of-adam

You're getting better each time. You'l be a pro debating about some compressor semantics with the best of them in no time.

#5 Edited by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

@jams: Thanks

I've been considering trying to find a local open mic or something. I've literally never played or sang in front of anyone but some family members and close friends.

#6 Posted by eccentrix (1614 posts) -

@ztiworoh: I don't know anything about music or singing, but you sound good enough for a local gig to me.

#7 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

@eccentrix: Thanks - that means a lot, seriously

#8 Edited by noobcubed (27 posts) -

You sound really good (I really like your voice)!

The only criticisms I can think of have to do with the recording itself (sorry, I'm a bit of a armchair audio engineer).

• It sounds kind of "fuzzy", if you know what I mean. (better recording equipment can fix this, but it's not a huge deal)
  • There seem to be some minor clipping issues with the vocal track. You might want to sing a little further away from the microphone.
  • Please export mp3s at 320kbps. 128kbps (what you're exporting at) is better suited for podcasts than music. If you're using audacity, the bitrate can be changed under File -> Export -> Options.
#9 Edited by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

@noobcubed: Thanks... good tips to keep in mind. My mic is like a $25 USB mic that I think is probably more suited to podcasting and such, but if I keep at this, I'll probably invest in something a bit nicer.