#101 Posted by Bulby33 (645 posts) -

IGN. Man, that website is SHIT. My biggest problem with it are the editors. They're SO BAD. Except Charles Onyet.

#102 Posted by fox01313 (5172 posts) -

Well for the next couple months g4 will remain as is where it went from being mostly gaming back to a techtv influence where gaming isn't much on the site. It would be nice to have them release a dvd or something online of the gaming historical/studio programs done years ago (that were 30-60 min long if I remember right). After this year g4 will go to being something else with the end of the main shows they were making.

#103 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (866 posts) -

Kotaku is arse.

#104 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Kotaku

#105 Edited by BabyChooChoo (5120 posts) -

Look at us?!?1 What have we become? Neogaf? Why can't we talk about the things we love? Or, at the very least, have a meaningful discussion about why we hate the things we hate instead of throwing them into a list. We're better than this people.

WE'RE FUCKING GIANT BOMB <>

It's real easy to take that last bit out of context...

#106 Posted by g00ber (94 posts) -

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

I guess I'll go with Gamespot just because everyone there has the personality of fucking Lactaid.

Haha! So true.

#107 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6419 posts) -

IGN, Gametrailers, G4TV, and to a lesser extent, Gamespot.

#109 Posted by Subjugation (4779 posts) -

Kotaku.

#110 Posted by Timnoldzim (101 posts) -

I guess everyone is saying it, but IGN and Gamespot. Mostly because they used to be the best of the best! IGN always had the big news and reviews before anyone else and Gamespot never took anyone's shit- if the reviewer didn't like a game, they gave it a bad score. Plain and simple.

Now, the both of them are just advertorials with unfathomably awful layouts.

I'm also not very fond of GameFront, because of a terrible layout and overall amateurish presentation, but they DO have a weekly column by Jim Sterling, so they do have that going for them.

#111 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1219 posts) -

IGN and Gamespot are horrible, but I hate Neogaf the most. Mostly because i'm jealous, but fuck them and their precious VIP forum discussions. We have pie here.

#112 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (4006 posts) -

I tried not to jump on the Kotaku hate-train but after they posted a story of a kid who was sexually abused and the relation to videogames was that he had been playing CoD at some point that day, I have nothin for them but two big ol' middle fingers.

#113 Posted by Intro (1246 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

http://www.christian-gaming.com/

The website is basically a normal video game website, but loudly advertising the users are of Christian faith and doesn't really incorporate that into the rest of the site at all. Well, that's what I got from a quick glance lol.

I don't hate any video game sites, really. I only follow Giantbomb and Joystiq (not so much after the McElroys left) and just don't really look anywhere else.

#114 Posted by medacris (711 posts) -

I don't hate Kotaku, but I hate reading the comment sections (especially on the cosplay entries, most of them are either making creepy comments about how much they want to have sex with the people being photographed, or nitpicking at the tiniest flaws in the costume). I don't have much of an opinion on IGN, but last time I went there, I remember thinking their site design could use an overhaul, it's really bland and unexciting. I've always really liked how Giant Bomb was designed, it's colorful and friendly and easy to use.

#115 Edited by Rainbowkisses (519 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

http://www.christian-gaming.com/

I'm dissapointed by how generic this site is. I was expecting comedy gold.

Edit: Also, Angry Joe really annoys me. I really don't care for his spastic attitude and find his reviews to be uninformative.

#116 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1219 posts) -
#117 Posted by Andorski (5452 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Time for some love now!

Have you guys checked out http://www.polygon.com/ yet? That site is awesome.

Good content viewable through a website with shit design. They somehow managed to make a layout that has a ton of white space look completely cluttered and unorganized. The mobile site is pretty nice though.

#118 Posted by Grillbar (1947 posts) -

i dont use other sites, but i really cant stand gamespots layout. I have never been able to find anything like the hotspot. my only hope was to cross my fingers, hop on one leg 3 times while chanting the theme song from bad dudes theme song and hope it was on the front page since it was no where to be found even the search bar diddent know what it was.

#119 Posted by Grillbar (1947 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Gamebomb.ru Who do they think they are? ( It wont let me link Russian sites )

i actually like that site as stupid as it is, yes its a rip-off of giant bomb in every way but i still find that kinda funny.

#120 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1219 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Time for some love now!

Good content viewable through a website with shit design. They somehow managed to make a layout that has a ton of white space look completely cluttered and unorganized. The mobile site is pretty nice though.

I love the design. I think it's pretty clean and dare I say advanced? I don't know. The only problem that I have found is that you can't really keep track of the other members. You can't follow them or add them or anything. It's not as personal as Giantbomb or other sites, but I like the feel. The Forums are very quick to access and are organized really well.

#121 Posted by Laurentech (129 posts) -

Kotaku.

Kotaku.

Also, Kotaku.

I never really cared for IGN, either. Their web design has always been atrocious.

#122 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

IGN is great. They have some of the best review parodies I've ever seen, really great comedy website.

I'd say Kotaku, Gametrailers, etc, but I have stopped even going to those sites; I am only annoyed when someone links to a kotaku article and doesn't make it evident that it is a kotaku link.

#123 Edited by Pr1mus (4088 posts) -

The Escapist.

Back in the days i visited the site regularly they were going for the more intellectual approach (or trying to anyway and usually failing to). What this did is create a community of people that think they're smart but really are not... at all. Like here really, or on any other gaming site for that matter. But a community of idiots that knows what they are and mostly tries to have a good time is perfectly fine and enjoyable for the most part. But stupid people that think they're smart and try to act and talk smart are the worst.

Also the quality of the content really went down the crapper, as did the layout of the site and the ridiculous amount of ads of the pop-ups and banner around videos variety.

Kotaku is trash too, but at least they know it and don't necessarily try to pretend they're anything other than a tabloid so i don't see too many reasons to hate them for that.

#124 Posted by captain_clayman (3345 posts) -

I actually like IGN's podcasts. Podcast Beyond in particular holds a special place in my heart for whatever reason, and I'm a fan of some of their newer guys (anthony gallegos and destin legarie) . However, I never really go on their site because it's pretty shallow (and poorly designed tbh) and the people that comment on their youtube videos are HORRENDOUS.

I've also never been a gamespot fan, but never really got familiar with any of their staff.

Kotaku is the same thing.

#125 Posted by captain_clayman (3345 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Time for some love now!

I actually like polygon's design. It could use some more fine-tuning but it's got some cool concepts. Their mobile site is really where it's at though. I really like the magazine aesthetic they're going for. Either way, their articles have been fantastic so far and I'm a big fan of almost everyone on staff.

#126 Posted by Psykhophear (1125 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

IGN and Gamespot

Spot on. The two sites are excellent when it comes to news coverage but in terms of its web design and contents, not so.

For IGN, I find the website to be confusing to navigate and the review scores are either too high or too low. GameSpot used to be my main gaming website but after 2007, the site was never the same again. The video reviews become draggy, video features tend to have a lot of editing mistakes and the editors are boring like hell.

#127 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

I wont say hate but I dislike all the other videogame site layouts ... just too cluttered most of the time . I love Giant Bomb and only go to other sites when people in these forums links to articles etc. The other only site that I had the same amount of interaction as i do here was gamespot , but when someone made a link to GB there and came here ... I never went back :D

#128 Posted by Red (6146 posts) -

I blame IGN for one of my friends writing on facebook "343 Industries did anything but disappoint me with Halo 4"

WHO THE HELL TALKS LIKE THAT?

#129 Posted by Cube (4382 posts) -

IGN, Kotaku, and GamesRadar all get the thumbs-down from me.

#130 Posted by BestUsernameEver (5027 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Just Greg Miller

Man, don't poop on him, he has cancer.

#131 Posted by DarthOrange (4089 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
@DarthOrange
Giant Bomb. Seriously.  
I liked the small and independent Whiskey Media, a small group with small funds that didn't have to answer to anyone. Nothing has been the same since the buyout, and the staff just seems to be more down on videogames then ever. I haven't listened to the Bombcast in over 2 months and every time I try to watch a quick look it is just them being shitty unfair assholes. PlayStation All-Stars, Lego Batman 2, and Resident Evil 6 all had quick looks that did not accurately represent the games at all. And the review Brad gave of Resident Evil 6 was like something straight out of metacritic user-reviews. It is ok not to like something, but don't review a game making snarky comparisons to the Star Wars prequels if you haven't even taken the time to learn the mechanics.  

That being said, I absolutely love these forums and you guys are the nicest group anywhere on the internet. Even if I refuse to click on any more articles by the staff, I still think this community is amazing and the staff should be grateful to have you all. 
This is going to end so well... You know, maybe they don't like those games you mentioned because.. They didn't like them. And it just seems backwards what you are saying, because of the buyout they are rating games lower? I'm pretty sure that the crew wouldn't have gone to CBS If they weren't happy.
I never said they are rating games lower because of the buyout.   

I have a problem with the buyout because it completely destroyed the Whiskey Media family I so loved and sent Rorie into unemployment.  

As for rating games lower, I don't give a flying fuck what score they give a game. I don't care if they don't like the game (because as we all know: opinions). I hate that they are unfair in their reviews and quick looks. They misrepresent several of the games that they show. To say, "this is the game, this is what it does and this is what it doesn't, and that is why I hate it" is perfectly fine by me. But when they misrepresent a game, complain about missing features that are there, and are generally snarky for the sake of being snarky, it brings my piss to a boil. Shitty unfair assholes seem like good adjectives to me. 

As for the crew being happy at CBS, I don't give a flying fuck. I am sure they are very happy considering the fact that Patrick is working there. The rest of the staff needs video game websites, I cannot see them working in any other industry. Patrick on the other hand, could be writing for whoever he wanted. He is a talented fellow with a unique writing style and I could easily see him fitting in well with the L.A. Times, Esquire or even Playboy. He is settling to work for CBS, so I'm sure things in the office are very pleasant indeed. 

Like I said though, I mostly just ignore this sites content all-together. These forums are amazing and this community is amazing. I like video games, this community likes video games. They still get page clicks on the forums from me so I'm sure the staff is happy I am here too.
#132 Posted by SmasheControllers (2950 posts) -

Kotaku... Sorry Stephen...

#133 Edited by BestUsernameEver (5027 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@NekuSakuraba said:
@DarthOrange
Giant Bomb. Seriously.
I liked the small and independent Whiskey Media, a small group with small funds that didn't have to answer to anyone. Nothing has been the same since the buyout, and the staff just seems to be more down on videogames then ever. I haven't listened to the Bombcast in over 2 months and every time I try to watch a quick look it is just them being shitty unfair assholes. PlayStation All-Stars, Lego Batman 2, and Resident Evil 6 all had quick looks that did not accurately represent the games at all. And the review Brad gave of Resident Evil 6 was like something straight out of metacritic user-reviews. It is ok not to like something, but don't review a game making snarky comparisons to the Star Wars prequels if you haven't even taken the time to learn the mechanics.

That being said, I absolutely love these forums and you guys are the nicest group anywhere on the internet. Even if I refuse to click on any more articles by the staff, I still think this community is amazing and the staff should be grateful to have you all.
This is going to end so well... You know, maybe they don't like those games you mentioned because.. They didn't like them. And it just seems backwards what you are saying, because of the buyout they are rating games lower? I'm pretty sure that the crew wouldn't have gone to CBS If they weren't happy.
I never said they are rating games lower because of the buyout.

I have a problem with the buyout because it completely destroyed the Whiskey Media family I so loved and sent Rorie into unemployment.

As for rating games lower, I don't give a flying fuck what score they give a game. I don't care if they don't like the game (because as we all know: opinions). I hate that they are unfair in their reviews and quick looks. They misrepresent several of the games that they show. To say, "this is the game, this is what it does and this is what it doesn't, and that is why I hate it" is perfectly fine by me. But when they misrepresent a game, complain about missing features that are there, and are generally snarky for the sake of being snarky, it brings my piss to a boil. Shitty unfair assholes seem like good adjectives to me.

As for the crew being happy at CBS, I don't give a flying fuck. I am sure they are very happy considering the fact that Patrick is working there. The rest of the staff needs video game websites, I cannot see them working in any other industry. Patrick on the other hand, could be writing for whoever he wanted. He is a talented fellow with a unique writing style and I could easily see him fitting in well with the L.A. Times, Esquire or even Playboy. He is settling to work for CBS, so I'm sure things in the office are very pleasant indeed. Like I said though, I mostly just ignore this sites content all-together. These forums are amazing and this community is amazing. I like video games, this community likes video games. They still get page clicks on the forums from me so I'm sure the staff is happy I am here too.

Also, they're inaccurate as hell, and lie without doing research. One example is the Max payne 3 quicklook, where someone asked Ryan if bullet time slowed everyone down in an online match. He said without hesitation, 'yes, everyone slows down when you trigger it', which is untrue, only a bubble around you does. I don't care if he doesn't know, but what is a quicklook for? It's not a space just to fill time talking, you have to inform the audience on the game, and if you don't know, DON'T LIE.

Also with Alex, Patrick, Brad and Ryan, their writing is so jaded it's crazy. The GTA V trailer's headline was something like 'action, humor and explosions, sounds like a GTA game.' No where in that title does it describe what the trailer contains, or even an insight into the game, just a GUYS ITS GTA, WHATEVER, WATCH YOUR TRAILER. They're full of themselves, particularly pretentious in their language and behavior, and know just enough to write a review. They have gotten so lazy since the acquisition I swear they might say 'oh, sorry guys again, this CBS move has still taken up a lot of our time.' When in fact, they just haven't been doing much other than a few features, quick looks and reviews. I like the forums here, but can't understand why anyone defends their lazy writing and performance.

#134 Posted by BestUsernameEver (5027 posts) -

More and more I'd say Polygon, they're out of touch, and their website design is so ridiculous, I don't even know why they still have full page screen shots for reviews.

#135 Posted by Nightriff (6036 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

More and more I'd say Polygon, they're out of touch, and their website design is so ridiculous, I don't even know why they still have full page screen shots for reviews.

Yeah, I'm surprised I miss when they were on theverge. I was hoping they would be my go to besides GB and I find myself only there when I'm bored and only stay there for a few minutes.

#136 Posted by oraknabo (1567 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses said:

Edit: Also, Angry Joe really annoys me. I really don't care for his spastic attitude and find his reviews to be uninformative.

I wasn't going to post anything here, but I really have to agree with you on this one.

#137 Edited by BestUsernameEver (5027 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Yeah, I'm surprised I miss when they were on theverge. I was hoping they would be my go to besides GB and I find myself only there when I'm bored and only stay there for a few minutes.

Absolutely the same reaction, I scroll through their front page, get bored and tab out. I don't know why, but the staff sort of seem like they know they're important, or think 'yeah, we're doing real gaming journalism!', when in fact they're doing nothing better than anyone else.

#138 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6115 posts) -
@Pr1mus said:

The Escapist.

Back in the days i visited the site regularly they were going for the more intellectual approach (or trying to anyway and usually failing to). What this did is create a community of people that think they're smart but really are not... at all. Like here really, or on any other gaming site for that matter. But a community of idiots that knows what they are and mostly tries to have a good time is perfectly fine and enjoyable for the most part. But stupid people that think they're smart and try to act and talk smart are the worst.

#139 Posted by Sursh (248 posts) -

gamespot.

you cannot fathom my unadulterated hatred towards gamespot.

ign are ok. not as bad as people say, then again, they're not as good as they used to be. double entendre.

#140 Posted by SlashDance (1856 posts) -

You said no N4G but... I'll go with N4G. It's a depressing nest of fanboys only interested in naked ladies, console wars and top 10 lists. Just to prove my point, the top article right now is "6 Reasons To Buy An Xbox 360 Instead Of A PlayStation 3". -_-

#141 Posted by Trainer_Red (318 posts) -

The Escapist...

Good God, I had no idea gamers could be so pretentious.

Oh yeah.. and IGN for obvious reasons.

#142 Posted by Sanity (2042 posts) -

Id say there no site in particular i hate all-together, theirs usually some good to be found.

#143 Posted by madmanmaple89 (65 posts) -

Destructoid and Patrick Klepek.

#144 Posted by DystopiaX (5375 posts) -

I ignore every site but this one. i'm sure there are other good ones out there but I don't look for them.

Actually now that I think about it I will read RPS reviews occasionally as well.

#145 Posted by OGred (201 posts) -

@Trainer_Red said:

The Escapist...

I've been watching Yahtzee for a while, what's wrong with the Escapist?

#146 Posted by Trainer_Red (318 posts) -

@OGred said:

@Trainer_Red said:

The Escapist...

I've been watching Yahtzee for a while, what's wrong with the Escapist?

The site itself has some great content, but the community there is generally obnoxious (not everyone is this way, but most are). It's ok to take gaming seriously, but there is a huge line between hardcore gamer and uppity game snob. That's just how I see most of the members there for some reason and i'm not the only one who sees this.