Posted by solidgarza (6 posts) -

You can thanks reddit.com/r/truegaming for linking me here. I have been searching for a long time for a "better" gaming website, and Giant Bomb seems to be the perfect fit.

What is a first post if it doesn't include some sort of introduction? My history of exposure to gaming media starts with Electronic Gaming Monthly (a.k.a. EGM) and ends, as of now, here. There is a long line between those two spots, but if I reveal anything now, I surely will have nothing to write about later.

Who am I kidding? This blog post is just an attempt to get that sweet, sweet achievement. Giant Bomb, you have found the secret to addiction. Here, Jesse Schell, explains exactly what I am talking about. http://www.ted.com/talks/jesse_schell_when_games_invade_real_life.html

#1 Posted by solidgarza (6 posts) -

You can thanks reddit.com/r/truegaming for linking me here. I have been searching for a long time for a "better" gaming website, and Giant Bomb seems to be the perfect fit.

What is a first post if it doesn't include some sort of introduction? My history of exposure to gaming media starts with Electronic Gaming Monthly (a.k.a. EGM) and ends, as of now, here. There is a long line between those two spots, but if I reveal anything now, I surely will have nothing to write about later.

Who am I kidding? This blog post is just an attempt to get that sweet, sweet achievement. Giant Bomb, you have found the secret to addiction. Here, Jesse Schell, explains exactly what I am talking about. http://www.ted.com/talks/jesse_schell_when_games_invade_real_life.html

#2 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1219 posts) -

Welcome to Giantbomb! However I will never thank reddit for anything ever. PS I am Noghtcrawler, the sexiest.

#3 Edited by CaLe (4252 posts) -

This is a video game website.

Gaming can be addictive and it can ruin your life.

http://www.video-game-addiction.org/

Educate yourself before going any further.

Here's a quick check of the warning signs of addiction.

1. You feel really happy when you're online or when you're playing games, but as soon as you have to stop, you get angry or upset.
  2. You think about going online or playing when you are supposed to be focusing on other things, like doing school work or having dinner with your family.
  3. You spend more time with your keyboard or controller than physically hanging out with your friends.
  4. Your friends or parents ask what you spend all your time doing, and you lie about it or laugh it off, but inside you know they may have a point.
  5. You get up in the middle of the night to check your e-mail or your MySpace comments because you're having a hard time sleeping.
#4 Posted by laserbolts (5445 posts) -

Welcome to the site.

#5 Posted by MentalDisruption (1744 posts) -

Welcome! Always nice to have another join the ranks.

#6 Posted by Joeyoe31 (848 posts) -

Welcome!

#7 Posted by vorpalparasite (336 posts) -

Welcome sir!

#8 Posted by csl316 (10871 posts) -

You should just click on the two hyperlinks in my miniprofile to learn everything you need to know about this site (I'm me?)

#9 Posted by RPGee (775 posts) -