• 95 results
Posted by DriveupLife (913 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: A Wizard transports you to a magical world and grants you mastery over one of the elements, you choose... (206 votes)

Earth - Raise and lower ground, create bridges, summon boulders, turn yourself, object and other people into stone 9%
Wind - Fly, control the winds, move at high speed, move objects with the air around them 52%
Fire - Impervious to high temperatures, shoot flames and fireballs, burn objects at a distance 14%
Water - Underwater breathing, swim at high speed, ride waves, heal wounds, summon rain and storms 26%
#1 Edited by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -

Plutonium.

#2 Edited by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

So Avatar: The Last Airbender...

#3 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Dude, you left out Heart.

#4 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

Wind - Always be picking the flying option

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7079 posts) -

Heart.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11857 posts) -

Healing wounds seems like it would be incredibly OP...

#7 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

HEART.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

#9 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

As long as I can get free cans of Assjuice, i'll do whatever you guys want. What do I vote?

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Hamburgers.

#11 Posted by believer258 (11814 posts) -

Why does water get healing?

#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (5639 posts) -

Wind sounds the most practical but I still chose fire. Its too cool.

#13 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Given those options, wind is the most practical. I like fire most in games and such but I don't it would come in handy.

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

Whatever man, I'll just fucking fly.

#15 Posted by Killroycantkill (1402 posts) -

I choose earth. Earth bending is the coolest thing in the series to me. Plus it leads into metal bending in the Legend of Korra.

#16 Posted by MentalDisruption (1623 posts) -

I'm curious as to why water heals other than the obvious avatar thing going on here. Either way, fire.

#17 Edited by BeachThunder (11857 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

Well, I'll just summon a storm while you're up in the sky flying. And no, I won't heal you.

#18 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@beachthunder said:

Well, I'll just summon a storm while you're up in the sky flying. And no, I won't heal you.

Diiiiiiiiick.

#19 Edited by Animasta (14675 posts) -

this is all avatar: the last airbender shit.

#20 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@beachthunder said:

Wait, how does water summon a storm? Wouldn't you guys have to be in cahoots to start a storm? I think healing through water would be the thing to have too. If you can control water then you should be able to control people right? Since people are like 80% water?

#21 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@jams said:

@beachthunder said:

@ajamafalous said:

@beachthunder said:

Wait, how does water summon a storm? Wouldn't you guys have to be in cahoots to start a storm? I think healing through water would be the thing to have too. If you can control water then you should be able to control people right? Since people are like 80% water?

yep, that's a thing that would happen.

but only if you're really powerful

#22 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

This is what I want to know! Anyways, I'd choose fire because my avatar right now is a lady with fire powers.

#23 Posted by EXTomar (4687 posts) -

Non elemental magic please!

#24 Edited by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

I'd love to be able to breath underwater and swim fast. The additional healing ability makes it a no brainer... One bummer is that I assume I'm not impervious to water pressure, I'd love to dive to the ocean floor and see shit no-one has ever seen before.

#25 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

Flight. Always choose flight

#26 Edited by Winternet (8014 posts) -

I would choose Milla Jovovich.

#27 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Necromancy. I always want to be the Necromancer and no one seems to do it these days or it's done poorly. I want an army of dead ready to serve my every whim.

As for you choices, I picked water. Healing is always awesome and I love being out on the water. Undersea city for me!

#28 Edited by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

@animasta said:

@jams said:

@beachthunder said:

@ajamafalous said:

@beachthunder said:

yep, that's a thing that would happen.

but only if you're really powerful

Well it says "mastery" over one element, that sounds pretty damn powerful.

I mean, it's not "complete mastery" but I still think it implies some manner of high level control, perhaps so much that its application is barely limited by the users imagination.

Anyway, screw that traditional crap, I choose gravity. I'd bend light to make myself invisible and then make everyone really depressed.

#29 Edited by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Why is healing wounds under water powers? I mean I know we are mostly water but that seems outside the usual fantasy tropes. Anyway I would choose fire because fire is awesome.

#30 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

If you had the water element you could get girls off.

#31 Posted by Mezmero (1873 posts) -

Mind control baby, which i guess falls under heart. This feels like it belongs in the Bioshock forum. Wonder where electricity falls in this elemental magic codex.

#32 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Water, i wanna pull the blood out of peoples pores.

#33 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

go on....

#34 Edited by mlarrabee (2929 posts) -

If I'm feeling selfish, Wind. I want to fly

If I'm feeling generous, Water. Most of Water sucks, but being able to heal wounds would be top.

@brodehouse said:

Though that requires the nozzle attachment (available for $12.99 plus tax).

#35 Edited by OneManX (1687 posts) -

Earth.

Just seemed the coolest to me.

#36 Edited by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@mlarrabee: actually if you had water you'd probably be able to get work and get mad money, just being some sort of one man desalination station or something.

#37 Edited by 49th (2735 posts) -

Earth is way cooler then the others. You could build huge castles and mountains and stuff.

#38 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@49th said:

Earth is way cooler then the others. You could build huge castles and mountains and stuff.

See I'll just flood villages that wont bend to my iron will. Pull the blood out of my rivals bodies. Throw ice spikes at enemy soldiers and force them to build me a castle the old fashioned way. Then i'd rule with one hand being an Iron fist and the other being a loving open palm of healing.

#39 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Wind. Using that I could control earth, fire and water.

#40 Posted by Mezmero (1873 posts) -

But seriously wind is the only answer. Flying is too awesome to pass up so to speak. Speed and kinesis seem pretty cool as well. Not sure if any element is as powerful as love.

#41 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Water, i wanna pull the blood out of peoples pores.

Welp, I'm not sleeping tonight...

#42 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@49th said:

Air is way cooler then the others because you can FUCKING FLY, but I see your point as well.

#43 Edited by Sergio (2080 posts) -

@killroycantkill: Water bending leads to blood bending. Fire bending leads to electricity bending.

#44 Edited by 49th (2735 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

@49th said:

See I'll just flood villages that wont bend to my iron will. Pull the blood out of my rivals bodies. Throw ice spikes at enemy soldiers and force them to build me a castle the old fashioned way. Then i'd rule with one hand being an Iron fist and the other being a loving open palm of healing.

Excuse me while I turn you into a rock. Now you can't do shit. Or I could build a big ass wall around the village.

@oscar__explosion said:

@49th said:

Air is way cooler then the others because you can FUCKING FLY, but I see your point as well.

I can definately see the appeal of that, the way I figured it though is that I could just build a huge tower to get high, then make a sky bridge to push me along the world.

#45 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Wind is four for one, because you get earth, fire and water as a result.

So always wind.

plus you can blow ladies skirts up, and that's always a bonus?

#46 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@canteu said:

Wind is four for one, because you get earth, fire and water as a result.

So always wind.

plus you can blow ladies skirts up, and that's always a bonus?

But with Earth you can simply turn all of the ladies into stone, hoard them in your basement and treat them as your personal collection.

I mean...What?

#47 Posted by pyromagnestir (4301 posts) -

I shall take power over the element of Earth, Wind & Fire.

#48 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@cloudenvy: Are they wearing clothes during this petrification process? If so, no deal sir!

And if you had power over earth, surely you could just sculpt sexy rock ladies without actually petrifying real ladies, real ladies I remind you, that an air adept is using for totally innocuous upskirts!

#49 Posted by Kidavenger (3534 posts) -

Earth, think of the money you could make, gradually raise the seabed and lower the existing continents until you have the only dry land in the world, sell it by acre, buy yourself an airplane/flamethrower/scuba lessons/anything.

#50 Edited by Nivash (241 posts) -

If we're using the definitions in the poll, fire without a doubt. It's not terribly constructive but man would it be awesome.

If we're expanding on it a bit then air is the way to go: you could control the weather for Christ's sake! Weather is air territory, not water. Never any rain or wind on you at the beach even in middle of a hurricane. And you would be a hero too - no more droughts or floods or destructive storms.

If we're taking it to it's logical extreme - total control of gasses at the molecular level - then we're talking major OP. You could do almost anything fire could do by a combination of combustible gasses and lightning. Ditto for water - just use impossibly dense air bubbles and flying, the difference is negligible. Earth is a bit more difficult but extremely high speed winds for shearing rock and dense air bubbles for movement should suffice. Oh, and global warming? No more. You just separated the excess carbon from the oxygen.

EDIT: Oh, and you get to play with stuff like dioxygen difluoride too. What, you guys teamed up? I just turned the air around you into the stuff, causing you too combust and explode. Check mate.