Posted by deutschgrrrl (13 posts) -

WOW! I am really enjoying the new 52 DC comics. Batgirl is my absolute fave! She is so awesome. Gail Simone did an amazing job with Batgirl! I would highly recommend checking it out if you haven't. I would also recommend reading ALL OF THEM because they are all pretty good. Some better than others but regardless, you should read them if you have not because you don't know what you're missing! Message me about your faves! I would love to talk about them with other DC fans! :-D

#1 Posted by deutschgrrrl (13 posts) -

WOW! I am really enjoying the new 52 DC comics. Batgirl is my absolute fave! She is so awesome. Gail Simone did an amazing job with Batgirl! I would highly recommend checking it out if you haven't. I would also recommend reading ALL OF THEM because they are all pretty good. Some better than others but regardless, you should read them if you have not because you don't know what you're missing! Message me about your faves! I would love to talk about them with other DC fans! :-D

#2 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -
#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@wasteguru said:

No offense dude, but we got a site for comic fans.

http://www.comicvine.com/

Have fun.

It's an off-topic blog post.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

@Axxol said:

@wasteguru said:

No offense dude, but we got a site for comic fans.

http://www.comicvine.com/

Have fun.

It's an off-topic blog post.

I love how any time someone brings up a thread about comics/anime/movies these are always the first two posts.

Anyway, I have yet to read them as I don't care for the idea of retconning. I will admit to never being the biggest DC fan to begin with, but I despise alternate universe stories in all mediums and them just getting rid of all that history just leaves a bad taste in my mouth on the whole subject. Each their own and all that I suppose.

#5 Posted by waitwhat (247 posts) -

we're too cool for comic books. take it to comicvine.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I am more of a Marvel man, but I shouldgwt into some of these.
This topic reminded me to look at my large comic book backlog.

#7 Posted by rmanthorp (4061 posts) -

Not enjoying new 52 at all :<

#8 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I've heard a lot about this New 52 thing. I'm just getting into comics.

#9 Posted by Tomorrowman (164 posts) -

I've always been a lifetime marvel fan, but they don't really have anything good going on for them, besides Wolverine and X23 in my tastes. The new 52 has been successful in converting me. Batwoman and I, Vampire were my favs so far.

#10 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I'm liking Action Comics for now, but Superman will never hold my attention long. I don't know which Batman title it is with The Dollmaker, but from the little I've seen so far it seems too much like Professor Pyg, what with the mutilating people. Fucking hilarious last page this month though.

Any of you guys read Catwoman #1? I never found Batman having sex creepy before, but holy fuck this issue was just gross and disturbing.

I expect I'll like JLA Dark just because it's all Vetigo characters, and same for Swamp Thing and Animal Man. Animal Man may end up being the best actually.

I think the only other one I read was Stormwatch. Very interested to see where this goes. I'm undecided if I like the new Midnighter and Apollo. Midnighter's costume seems way too over the top compared to what he wore in the Wildstorm Universe.

Fuck Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. I may give the Flash a try, maybe.

#11 Posted by Clouise (142 posts) -

@deutschgrrrl: Me too. I have really gotten into some comics I never thought I would read. Batgirl is one of the best of them I agree, I loved the end of #1

@MideonNViscera: Oh god, I read catwoman. I totally agree, I NEVER expected that. Haha. Plus I agree with you about animal man, and I was really disappointed in Wonder Woman.