• 61 results
#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

Actor and producer James Gandolfini has passed away suddenly of a suspected heart attack while on vacation in Italy. He was 51.

Gandolfini will be best remembered for his role as Tony Soprano on the hit HBO series The Sopranos.

Gandolfini is survived by his wife and son.

IGN: Actor James Gandolfini Dead at 51

I liked the Sopranos alot. I loved the last two seasons, and that season finale was wonderful. He's the guy that played Tony Soprano, if you might not know. RIP

#2 Edited by gkhan (423 posts) -

Wha....

#3 Posted by EuanDewar (4895 posts) -

This is a major fucking bummer. RIP dude

#5 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1728 posts) -

Holy shit, man...The guy was a tremendous actor. A sad loss, indeed. Rest in Peace.

#6 Posted by planetary (348 posts) -

Someone's dead, but all I can think of is the OP's use of "alot".

#7 Edited by CaLe (3959 posts) -

FUCK. God damn. I watched Sopranos not too long ago so this feels just wrong. WRONG.

#8 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Damn, so young too.

#9 Posted by oraknabo (1457 posts) -

jesus

#10 Posted by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

Fuck man :( R.I.P

#11 Edited by jiggajoe14 (667 posts) -

holy shit

#12 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3204 posts) -

Damn so that fade to black will never get answered? RIP dude.

#13 Edited by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

Will Sasso will take over when needed.

#14 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

This is terrible. 51 is too young, RIP boss.

#15 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Heart attack at 51? Jesus I better hit the gym

#16 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

Shit.

I honestly have no other thoughts about this. I really liked James and thought he was an absolutely unbelievable actor. This is a fucking crying shame. I mean he will live on in one of the greatest television shows of all time, but he really did have more to offer I feel. Obesity is a motherfucker.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13169 posts) -
#18 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

Damn easily my favourite character on TV.

#19 Edited by Milkman (16671 posts) -

How can motherfuckers think of DRM at a time like this? :(

#20 Edited by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

@tycobb said:

@i_stay_puft said:

Will Sasso will take over when needed.

Sasso has the look, Koch has the voice. Close your eyes and listen to it, it's almost identical.

#21 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Whoa.....

#22 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

#23 Edited by Coolarman (709 posts) -

RIP

#24 Posted by slater45 (11 posts) -

Taken from us too early, Fantastic actor

#25 Posted by Grixxel (765 posts) -

This fucking blows. Great actor ;/ RIP.

#26 Edited by leebmx (2238 posts) -

Just started another thread - cos I didn't look outside Off-Topic - silly me. May as well shove in what I put there.

A real shame, he was absolutely fantastic as Tony Soprano in one of my favourite shows ever and I was looking forward to continuing enjoying his work. Saw Killing Them Softly recently and thought he was great - putting a really seedy, miserable spin on the character he was best known for. Don't have any idea what he was like in real life but will miss his big, hulking presence in movies and TV.

Also was he in any computer games - can't find him on the database?

EDIT: Ah - he was in The Sopranos: Road to Respect - makes sense I suppose :) Completely forgot about that game

#27 Posted by Xaviersx (158 posts) -

RIP.

#28 Posted by Max_Cherry (1133 posts) -

Only 51! you're not even supposed to get your heart checked regularly until 55.Too young. It's a shame I hear he was a really nice guy. RIP

#29 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

@leebmx: I think they did have a PS2 game, in fact. It might have even got released on PC.. Yea.. Never played it then, either..

#30 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

Fun story about a couple of years ago; I might have even read it on IGN: He was doing theater for a bit after the season finale. Someone wanted his autograph, or just talk to him about him or whatever. So the guy sneaked backstage, and found James. James got all fucking mad, carried the over to the stage by his shirt and collar, and threw him off-stage 'Fresh Prince,' style. Security got to the guy soon enough. Fucking swearing I'm sure.

I would have to go find the article, but ah..

#31 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

Damn, really great actor. Thanks for the Sopranos and all the other great works Mr. Gondolfini.

#32 Posted by stryker1121 (1404 posts) -

The first time I saw Gandolfini was a brief and very memorable scene he did in "True Romance." I'm glad he found big-time success, even if it was later in his career. By all accounts he was a soft-spoken, nice guy. RIP Mr. G..

#33 Posted by Redbullet685 (6035 posts) -

It really is such a shame this happened. I never watched The Sopranos, but I do really love his role in True Romance. RIP

#34 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Dam. Loved him in Sopranos. He was a great actor.

#35 Posted by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -
#36 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3149 posts) -

I never watched The Sopranos but I liked him in In the Loop.

#37 Posted by Voxus (333 posts) -

I really need to get the box set of the Sopranos. RIP.

#38 Edited by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

What a gigantic bummer. Sopranos was flashing in front of my eyes when I read this, truly sad. All the best to his family.

#39 Posted by Soap_of_Death (94 posts) -

RIP. Loved watching The Sopranos and in particular Gandolfini portraying Tony Soprano.

#40 Edited by Reisz (1483 posts) -

A crying shame. Heart attack in Italy, man I hope he had a good couple of nights before he went out. I feel for his family, that's the worst, my thoughts go out to all of them.

#41 Edited by envane (1162 posts) -

@reisz: uhg all i see is a horrible pun

#42 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Damn, poor bastard. Didn't realize he was only 51, guess heavyset actors are like football players in terms of lifespans; he's great in a lot of things, not just the Sopranos. See for example: True Romance.

#43 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

That blows, was such a great actor. RIP

#44 Posted by villainy (556 posts) -

Also known as the good part of The Mexican. RIP :(

#45 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Gah, that's a huge bummer. Dude was a great actor.

#46 Posted by Reisz (1483 posts) -

@envane said:

@reisz: uhg all i see is a horrible pun

Then you're seeing something that isn't there. He was in a beautiful city for a film festival when he passed. Since he was away from his family I just hope his last days were filled with joy. Nothing more.

#47 Edited by RedCream (704 posts) -

He's the boss man. I don't think anyone can pull off what he did in Sopranos. He made the character iconic almost like Marlon Brando. RIP.

#48 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

This is the worst news in a while.

#49 Edited by envane (1162 posts) -

@reisz: just the heart goes out bit seemed a bit on the nose to me, not saying you intended it at all .. :/ i agree otherwise

#50 Edited by Reisz (1483 posts) -

@envane: Shit I didn't even think of that, don't know how I missed it, that could skew as properly insensitive. I chose to change it, thanks.