Adieu my friends, i bid you all farewell, My name was Endogene

This topic is locked from further discussion.

James89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By James89

WTF!!   What the heck is he crying about?

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By rinkalicous
dude make me a mod now!

No but seriously, does anyone else see the topic creator (I forget his name) as a bit selfish? From what I gather this chap is basically leaving because he says the staff aren't doing what he wants. Isn't that because they're too busy doing what everyone else wants? I want Quick Looks. I want Endurance Run to continue despite technical difficulty. I want a fast, streamlined site. Maybe they can't bow to his every wish because they're appealing to people like me, the average user, as that makes up the majority of the site at the moment. And as snide said, there's only 4 people. Count em. Four. Quattro. Yon. They can't do everything at once. Maybe this has been said before, and either way I don't want to stir up a whole bunch of trouble and get people annoyed at me, but this is how I saw it.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Stang
@Joe said:
" @Stang:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm "
How somebody would deduce sarcasm from that post is beyond me. It came off as desperation. Sorry, I lost my omniscient abilities last week.
chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#204  Edited By chronicsmoke

sad to see ya go,keep blazin that endo

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205  Edited By Caddy
@Stang said:
" @Joe said:
" @Stang:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm "
How somebody would deduce sarcasm from that post is beyond me. It came off as desperation. Sorry, I lost my omniscient abilities last week. "
Well, it was a direct reply to Hamz, and Hamz definitely knew it was sarcasm. Nobody really asked you to deduce whether it was sarcastic or not. :S
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#206  Edited By Shadow

And yae it was that the Endogene did not get the recognition he expected from contributing to wiki articles.  And yonder he did go to take a nap and come back after he realizes that no one ever gets that sort of recognition unless they themselves run the site.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#207  Edited By Black_Rose

Being a bit dramatic aren't we?

Anyway, I wish you the best in everything you do.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Jimbo

*sigh*  So I guess the honeymoon period is over?  Shame.

As much as I hate to agree with Milkman; I agree with Milkman.

I think it's abundantly clear from the tone of his post, that his contribution - as valuable as it may have been - was as much about stroking his own ego as actually improving the site.  If you care about a site and the guys running it, you don't spit your dummy in public and then attack the staff on the way out the door, just because you aren't getting the attention you crave.

The wiki has never been the main draw of this site and we all know it.  The Wiki may be what ties it neatly into WM's structure, but first and foremost GB is a vehicle for Jeff and his posse.  If they choose creating content over dealing with the minutiae of the Wiki, then I'm glad, that's absolutely the correct decision.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#209  Edited By halberdierv2

goodbye, and Go with God.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#210  Edited By tebbit
@Stang said:
" @Joe said:
" @Hamz: But I want to be a mod!!!!!!!! It means more to me than anything in life "
If that is true, I will say a prayer for you.editI made a rhyme! "
Brilliant
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#212  Edited By Binman88
Damn Endogene, I never knew you but I wish I did after reading this. It's not everday I can say I know a dude from the internets who is in the top 10 poster rank of both the "delete and combine" forum and the "editing and tools" forum; not to mention he has posted 3858 comments on the site, 232 of which were in the moderators hangout (placing him 3rd in the top posters list).

How could you turn your back to all of that serious business.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#213  Edited By natetodamax

Man, that sucks. I do agree that the founders of this great site don't even seem to acknowledge our existence.

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Caddy
@Binman88 said:
" Damn Endogene, I never knew you but I wish I did after reading this. It's not everday I can say I know a dude from the internets who is in the top 10 poster rank of both the "delete and combine" forum and the "editing and tools" forum; not to mention he has posted 3858 comments on the site, 232 of which were in the moderators hangout (placing him 3rd in the top posters list).How could you turn your back to all of that serious business. "
You know, I thank that sums this whole thing up better than anything else.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By crunchUK

lol @ emotional blackmail

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Death_Unicorn

You have a point... but does this mean your leaving Giantbomb for good? Or just abolishing your moderator position.
Because if you leave the site for good, I think that's taking it a wee bit far...

Anyways, Au Revoir.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Hit the road jack, and don't you look back no more, no more, no more, no more, hit the road jack and don't you look back no more!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Jimbo
@Binman88 said:
" Damn Endogene, I never knew you but I wish I did after reading this. It's not everday I can say I know a dude from the internets who is in the top 10 poster rank of both the "delete and combine" forum and the "editing and tools" forum; not to mention he has posted 3858 comments on the site, 232 of which were in the moderators hangout (placing him 3rd in the top posters list).How could you turn your back to all of that serious business. "

KABOOM!
KABOOM!

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#220  Edited By dsplayer1010
@MB: Is there is one, give it to StarFoxA. He deserves it.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Why does it seem like all the mods are leaving?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By JJOR64

:_(            Have fun with life.  :-)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#223  Edited By natetodamax
@ParanoidFreak said:
"  Why does it seem like all the mods are leaving? "
Because we're too awesome for them.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#224  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
@Meltbrain said:
" @Milkman said:
" Wow, that's a lot of message in my inbox. I guess people really like this dude. Well, I'll just say one more thing:

@Rhaknar said:
" the TC might even have a point, and his reasons may be valid, but that whole "my name is endogene" thing was honestly one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read, its hard to take him seriously when he does that "
Pretty much this. I would no problem with this guy coming here and expressing his opinion but when he ends every three sentences with "My name is Endogene" and acts like he's some sort of Giant Bomb superhero, then this just gets stupid. I really have no interest in this dude and I doubt I would have even noticed that he's gone. Call me ungrateful but at the end of the day guys, it's a video game website....Obviously, this site is a lot more important to some other people than it is to me. I come here for the commentary of the guys who actually work here not for Endogene. "
I kinda have to agree. Endogene has done some good stuff, but the way this blog was written is pretty... daft. "
I'm going to stack another agreement onto this.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#225  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really don't know what to think after reading his post and all the comments that followed. I have always thought of Endogene as a cool dude who made some serious contributions to the site, and I feel that he may be taking it too far by leaving like this. Actually, he is. I don't agree with what he is doing, and there may be some problems on the site but, overall, this is a one of a kind website that has so many pros that outweigh the cons that leaving seems a bit dramatic. No matter what, however, I will miss you and we all will, even if some have had a different outlook on your personality and demeanor with this final post.

First BoG now Endo...it's sad to see some moderators go.

Oh, and thanks for Snide for replying on this thread, and, I know it is not a concern right now, but I nominate StarFoxA for Wiki Mod position if it is open ;)

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meltbrain said:
" @Milkman said:
" Wow, that's a lot of message in my inbox. I guess people really like this dude. Well, I'll just say one more thing:

@Rhaknar said:
" the TC might even have a point, and his reasons may be valid, but that whole "my name is endogene" thing was honestly one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read, its hard to take him seriously when he does that "
Pretty much this. I would no problem with this guy coming here and expressing his opinion but when he ends every three sentences with "My name is Endogene" and acts like he's some sort of Giant Bomb superhero, then this just gets stupid. I really have no interest in this dude and I doubt I would have even noticed that he's gone. Call me ungrateful but at the end of the day guys, it's a video game website....Obviously, this site is a lot more important to some other people than it is to me. I come here for the commentary of the guys who actually work here not for Endogene. "
I kinda have to agree. Endogene has done some good stuff, but the way this blog was written is pretty... daft. "
word

btw, my name is Stephen Von Cloud
darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By darkspirit138
@AndrewGaspar said:
" @Gunner said:
" Sometimes i feel as if giantbomb is run by nothing but meme's and the endurance run... "
/me begins to speak up to contradict.../me walks away. He's already lost the argument. "
This=LIFE.
darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By darkspirit138

Endogene...you deleted one of my threads. -_-

See you anyway.

monkey523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By monkey523

Thanks for that mountain of self-important melodramatic garbage, Endogene.  You want some cheese with that whine?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By fr0br0

What does the mighty Fr0Br0 have to say about this tragedy? He says it is a tragedy. As his voice booms down from the heavens and echo off the mountains. Past foreign lands and through foreign ears. May the world have to hear what a god has to say. And the god say it is a tragedy. Oh, and what a tragedy it is. May my worshipers take the side of the mighty Fr0Br0 and may they pray for the health of Wiki. When what he says is a tragedy that has covered the Giant Bomb forums. NAY! not just the forums, but the entire website. I will attempt to smite any abusers that dare attempt to molest the purest members of the site. For when those poor ones turn around, I will be there. And they will know thy name was Fr0Br0 as I strike down upon them from the heavens with a force even greater than lightening. AND THY WILL KNOW, HIS NAME WAS FR0BR0! And may he have pity on their poor souls as they travel through the burrows of damnation and through the fire and the pain of a thousand deaths. For no sorrow shall come across against those souls as it has for the mighty Endogene. From one god to another, may a thousand weeps fall across your grave.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#231  Edited By dethfish

I think some of you are being a little harsh. Endogene was a funny guy and a great contributer. Just because he posted one overly dramatic blog doesn't mean all that should be forgotten.

Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Bald3rdash

K, I'll bite. 

Quit crying, while you were a great contributor, it's not as if there is nobody to replace you. 

Far too dramatic, had you cut it short maybe I would not have viewed is a giant bitching, and I might even have cared about what you were saying.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By crunchUK
@RsistncE said:
" Apparently one of my posts has also been deleted."
yay

Did you ever think that it was deleted for a REASON before posting it again? Gosh you are irritating...
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By RsistncE
@crunchUK: Really? There's more sarcastic posts in this thread with just as snarky of a tone as my post than I could count on a set of 10 hands. The guy who posted it was melodramatic and made himself look like a douche. Fact. Therefore people are replying with the appropriate and measured response. Seems to me someone wants Giantbomb to turn into a giant drama like all the other shitty game forums out there. Sorry that's not why I'm on Giantbomb and I'm sure most of the users here would say the same thing.
Reverseface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Reverseface

Bye! doors over there by the way. ---->

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By crunchUK
@RsistncE said:
" @crunchUK: Really? There's more sarcastic posts in this thread with just as snarky of a tone as my post than I could count on a set of 10 hands. The guy who posted it was melodramatic and made himself look like a douche. Fact. Therefore people are replying with the appropriate and measured response. Seems to me someone wants Giantbomb to turn into a giant drama like all the other shitty game forums out there. Sorry that's not why I'm on Giantbomb and I'm sure most of the users here would say the same thing. "
Fact: Your post got deleted, you reposted it like a twat, so go cry to a mod if you disagree
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#238  Edited By damnboyadvance
@MB said:
" @Commando said:
" @MB:
I'll do it! But I doubt I'll get it since I have so few points, but I'm pretty sure you know I won't abuse it.
"
I accept major credit cards through PayPal. But seriously, wiki mod is a thankless position that only the most dedicated editors should even consider applying for. If we decide there is a need, that is. It's kind of a group decision, the wiki mods will really need to band together and decide if they need the extra help or not. "
I'd be willing to help. Up until the end of August, I should be available all day. Then past September, I'll be available every night.
aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By aaox

Suddenly...

BAM! KNIFE FIGHT!
BAM! KNIFE FIGHT!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Jayge_
@RsistncE said:
" @crunchUK: Really? There's more sarcastic posts in this thread with just as snarky of a tone as my post than I could count on a set of 10 hands. The guy who posted it was melodramatic and made himself look like a douche. Opinion. Therefore people are replying with the typical uppity "mature" response of someone who ignores content and only focuses on tone. Seems to me someone wants Giantbomb to turn into a giant drama like all the other shitty game forums out there. Sorry that's not why I'm on Giantbomb and I'm sure most of the users here would say the same thing. "
Fixed. 

Try reading what he actually wrote instead of focusing on his (I'm guessing half-sarcastic, if I know Endogene) over-the-top stuff. He makes points that nobody should be ignoring simply because they find it more fulfilling to post their "stop whining, crybaby" 2c in.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By RsistncE
@Jayge: Seems to me like you guys just can't deal with most people pointing out the FACT that his post was melodramatic and made him looks stupid. That's unfortunate.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By FrankCanada97
@RsistncE:
That's not a fact that's an opinion based on how one would view his post.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Jayge_
@RsistncE said:
" @Jayge: Seems to me like you guys just can't deal with most people pointing out the FACT that his post was melodramatic and made him looks stupid. That's unfortunate. "
Either you're that stupid, or you're just that bad of a troll :-/
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Expletive

after re-reading that wall of text, my opinion on this matter has changed and all I can think is " get the fuck over yourself endogene"  yes you did some great things, yes GB is a great website, no it isn't perfect, GET OVER IT and enjoy it or don't. but don't make such a big deal about it

Xeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Xeno

you are the worst

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Expletive
@Xeno said:
" you are the worst "
me?
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Sabata

I just LOVE how this shit is still going on. Guess the Giant Bomb community really is as shitty as every other video game website community.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Hamz

I'm going to lock this down now.

I think everyone has said what really needs to be said and it seems the discussion is taking a turn for the worse. If you want to say your goodbyes to Endogene then do so via his Wall or send him a PM. Let us not start bickering at each other because one person has decided to throw in the towel on his moderator duties and the site as a whole.

Locked.