Adult Grilled Cheese

• 64 results
MankMachinery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Buudy, grilled cheese and Campbell's chicken noodle is a fine dish. Put a bottle of wine on the table if you want to be fancy. If she doesn't get it.. not worth it.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Find a restaurant or food truck that specializes in grilled cheese. If that's out of your price range, just shove a bunch of sleeping pills into the sandwich.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Rotnac

There's no such thing as adult grilled cheese. Just pair it with a bowl of fancy soup or chili and enjoy your meal with your lady!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Just add bacon. Maybe some onions. Use nice bread/cheese (doesn't need to be too fancy. Don't use kraft and wonderbread). Cook in a pan with butter. Include preferred soup on the side (tomato is the best for grilled cheese, IMO).

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reserve my gurdamn murican right to unload a full magazine (?) into whichever sandwich i choose to eats.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last week I had a killer grilled cheese (or melt if you're picky about terminology) with cheddar, thin apple slices, fig spread, and caramelized onion. It was so good I've been thinking about it non-stop since then.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Grab some tortillas and salsa and turn it into a quesadilla.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Might buy like a cheap bottle or bag of wine from Target or Wal-Mart to make the meal look a bit fancier.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Alton Brown Grilled Cheese

Make that, plus a home made tomato basil soup. Dont need to make the sandwich over charcoal like he does, a stovetop grill pan or skillet will work. DONE

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF? where is the giant bomb xtreme girl advice pic? I'm dissapointed in all of you

No Caption Provided

There you go, it had to be done

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Last week I had a killer grilled cheese (or melt if you're picky about terminology) with cheddar, thin apple slices, fig spread, and caramelized onion. It was so good I've been thinking about it non-stop since then.

One of the recipes I found was this, which also includes thin apple slices (granny smith, peeled). Haven't ever had apple in a grilled cheese, but it sounds "interesting." I'd give it a try, just not in a basic white bread + american grilled cheese.

I guess this goes back to the whole apple pie + cheese discussion that the bombcast had some years back.

Warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 4

The best way to make the grilled cheese more impressive:

(1). Use a nicer bread. Don't just grab some Sunbeam whitebread. Actually go to the bakery in the grocery store and get something nice.

(2). Serve it with a canned (or boxed) Tomato Bisque.

Heat it up, put it in a bowl. Put the bowl on the plate with sliced grilled cheese around it. Guaranteed to look fancy as ****.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really like @warmachine's suggestions. If you use a nicer (or at least different) bread you can keep close to the simple goodness of a normal grilled cheese sandwich while showing your girlfriend that you're trying to do something nice for her in the presentation department. I'd definitely go with a real cheese instead of American cheese (I'm partial to extra sharp chedder and pepper jack when I'm making a grilled cheese for myself). Neither of those improvements will break the bank either.

A good soup pairing is really nice and I definitely second the Tomato Bisque option mentioned by others.

If you want to deviate a bit you might want to consider instead of doing a grilled cheese doing more of a crostini. Again just slice up a decent bread (simple french baguette works), toast it lightly, throw cheese on top, throw under the broiler or on the grill or use a torch. Super simple, quick, tasty, and not expensive.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

there's probably some sort of recipe that is a step over a grilled cheese but is still affordable

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thepullquotes

Is Grilled Cheese like Welsh Rarebit/Cheese on toast?

edit: turns out Rarebit is not what I've been calling Rarebit.