Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: AFL Grand Final 2013, who will win? (12 votes)

Fremantle 33%
Hawthorn 50%
Draw 17%

For those of you who don't know, Australia's biggest game is having its grand final today and two teams are playing - Fremantle and Hawthorn.

So Australians and other people who are into the sports, who do you think will win today?

#1 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2274 posts) -

I know little about Aussie Rules, I know to root for the draw to get another game next week.

I guess I'm rooting for Fremantle? I was rooting for Carlton on the hilarious basis that the 9th best team in an 8 team playoff could win.

EDIT: Judging by this pregame show I'm rooting for whoever kicks a ball at Birds of Tokyo

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@gorillamopena: It would've been amazing if Carlton won (Of course I'm biased because I'm a Carlton supporter :P)

I really hope Fremantle win now though, I just don't like Hawthorn.

#3 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

I'm completely divided: I'm fond of the Hawks, but I also have to recognise that Fremantle are playing a brand of football that I haven't quite seen the likes of. It all depends on the fitness of Fremantle. If they can keep Hawthorne to a goalless quarter like they did to Sydney last week, then they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

#4 Edited by Rebel_Scum (758 posts) -

I reckon China will win because they are really good at ping pong ;)

#5 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2274 posts) -

This Fremantle pick seems like a grave mistake so far

#6 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@gorillamopena: Yeah they aren't playing too well. :(

It's their first ever game in the Grand Final, while Hawthorn has been in a lot of final games the past couple of years. I think Fremantle are just getting too nervous.

#7 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2274 posts) -

Now a real game has broken out

#8 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Well that settles it, Hawthorn are the 2013 premiers. What a shame, really wanted Fremantle to win their first final.

#9 Posted by Ferros (223 posts) -

Ah well, at least it got kind of interesting towards the end. I had it on in the background while I was catching up on this weeks quick looks. Time to go back to GTA V.

#10 Edited by EVO (3929 posts) -

Freo blew it. Ballantyne was pathetic.