#1 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

So for those who don't know there is an Alan Partridge movie coming out this year in August, co-starring Chief O'Brien. I'm curious as to see if Alan Partridge can remain funny for at least 90 minutes (though to be fair Steve Coogan is a genius.) For those curious here is the trailer.

Are there any Alan Partridge fans out there on Giant Bomb? If not go start with Knowing me Knowing you with Alan Partridge and continue from there.

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Oh, butter my arse!

#3 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3786 posts) -

Never seen it before but I like Steve Coogan. Also Chap of Steel is hilarious.

#4 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -
#5 Edited by Laiv162560asse (487 posts) -

Jackanackanory! I'm looking forward to this, despite the fact that this sort of comedy often doesn't translate well to feature length films. I was interested to see Sean Pertwee (Father from Equilibrium) is involved also.

Any fan of Alan looking to bridge the gap between now and the movie should check out the 'I, Partridge' book. Specifically, the audiobook which is read out by Steve Coogan in character. It's gold from start to finish, possibly the best Partridge material to date.

#6 Posted by Fattony12000 (7053 posts) -

#7 Edited by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

BACK OF THE NET!

#8 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

#9 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

#10 Edited by FLStyle (4579 posts) -

I too was going to post an amusing Alan Partridge video but I got lost in a YouTube vortex, some classic British comedy.

I'm excited for this Alan Partridge film, apparently several I'm Alan Partridge characters are coming back.