#1 Posted by rachelepithet (1345 posts) -

Inspired by this thread: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kraznor/blog/films-endorsed-by-staff-members-of-giantbomb/32671/

I know as far as songs go, hey, just look up their Spotify playlists, but those are composed of many one hit wonders and ironically bad songs not meant to be listened to other than to troll.

What artists or albums have they recommended before? And can anyone remind me of the name of the group that got a big segment on the bombcast back in winter 2011, who distributed tracks via dial up/fax pulse codes?!

#2 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

#3 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

The Beastie Boys!!!!!!!!! (maybe not the answer to your question)

#4 Edited by anarchyzombie9 (615 posts) -

you can go find Jeff's last.fm if you want. Ryan has a Spotify account I think? Patrick said something about liking Pinkerton right? that's all I've got

#5 Posted by punkxblaze (2956 posts) -

Kreayshawn.

#6 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

#7 Posted by UlquioKani (1025 posts) -

They love Kanye West. Ryan once made a reference to Grizzly Bear. He once had a Das Racist song as a ringtone in the background of a bombcast.

They like a lot of 80s and 90s rap like Ice Cube, N.W.A, Public Enemy and The Wu-Tang Clan

#8 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -

Jeff probably enjoys an Ice Cube song here and there.

#9 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

i know jeff likes metric, and patrick likes passion pit. does anyone know their spotify accounts? i'd be curious to creep on what they're jammin to.

#10 Posted by Humanity (8801 posts) -

Shocked to see Jeff has been listening to Kitty Pryde recently, and at the same time not shocked at all.

#11 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

@humanity said:

Shocked to see Jeff has been listening to Kitty Pryde recently, and at the same time not shocked at all.

haha- well put. given that he's also been checking out riff-raff and reppin kreayshawn- it makes sense.

#12 Posted by Humanity (8801 posts) -

@mellotronrules: While Kitty Pryde I can sorta get behind although I wish her songs had a little less repetition and a little less.. internet.. I absolute abhor both Riff Raff and Kreayshawn apart from that one Riff Raff song that he did with Kitty Pryde which has a really great beat - but his part is just gibberish.

#13 Edited by Pr1mus (3806 posts) -

Skrillex

#14 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

Alex has posted blogs of music he likes (some yearly thing), he's down with many different types as I recall

#15 Posted by Pr1mus (3806 posts) -

Probably The Chronic. Jeff mentioned that one not too long ago.

I mean i don't listen to rap or hip-hop and i know what The Chronic is.