• 89 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by EuanDewar (4874 posts) -

There's a lot of stuff this year I've been looking forward to for a while, some of it is already out like Death Grips and Jack White etc. There's too many that are still coming out to list but I suppose the main one's are A$AP Rocky's debut album and The XX. Also hope we get at least some information on whatever Queens of the Stone Age are doing right now.

@Bruce said:

@Nightriff:

Rush still make music!? That's incredible.

I was looking forward to Bloom (Beach House), but it underwhelmed me. It's good, not great. After that, probably the new Animal Collective album or this rumored Daft Punk record that Nile Rogers keeps talking about.

Whoa whoa whoa wait.

What?-

-

#52 Edited by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Albums:

New The xx album.

New Biffy Clyro album.

Green Day albums.

Noel Gallagher album.

Muse album.

The Last Shadow Puppet album (maybe).

Fossil Collective's album.

The Plan B album that's coming out with his film seems like it could be good.

New Funeral For a Friend album.

There are more but I forgot.

Edit: The Vaccines as well, sort of.

And the Death Grips new one.

#53 Edited by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

New Black Moth Super Rainbow album is supposed to come out this year. And Bad Rabbits are apparently releasing something either this year or next year.

#54 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

@benpicko said:

Green Day albums.

Noel Gallagher album.

Muse album.

These. Also, The Offspring, Melvins, and several others (blanking right now)

#55 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1721 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Fear Factory - The Industrialist: The album I'm looking foreword too most and its only a few weeks away. It sucks to hear that Gene Hoglan didn't do the drums on the track and that they actually used a drum machine (ironic because they were accused for years that they used one on their albums but Herrera and Hoglan are just fuckin awesome) for this one but I still love the band and will devour it on June 5th. Probably my lock for personal album of the year.

A lot of people seem to be up in arms over the whole drum machine thing on the record for some reason. Honestly, you can't even the tell the difference. Their drums have always been heavily edited on their albums, and the drums on Recharger sound the same as they have on everything else they've done. It is definitely disappointing that Hoglan won't be returning and Herrera will never come back due to Dino being a fucking dick, but they have Mike Heller from System Divide now, and he's a pretty solid drummer. The Industrialist is also one of my most anticipated albums in any case, and I think Recharger is an excellent Fear Factory-ass Fear Factory song.

Other albums I'm looking forward to are "Anger Denial Acceptance" from Spineshank, "Mnemesis" from Mnemic, Mark Tremonti's solo album "All I Was", the new Slash solo record with Myles Kennedy, whatever the new Darkane, Nonpoint and Sick Puppies albums end up being called, and I'm sure a bunch of others. Really hoping for an announcement about new Tool some time soon, as well. There has been some truly amazing stuff so far this year, but there seems to a lot left to look forward to.

#56 Posted by ch3burashka (5037 posts) -

It's "forward", not "foreword" - "foreword" is the text prior to a novel or book.

I'm into the movie and game scene, but the music scene is a mystery to me. I listen and all, but have absolutely no clue who is making what with whom and when. I just ingest them as they come out.

#57 Posted by InfiniteSpark (301 posts) -

El-P - Cancer for Cure

The Walkmen - Heaven

Aesop Rock - Skelethon

Mission of Burma - Unsound

Baroness - Yellow & Green

#58 Posted by Vonocourt (2125 posts) -

Baroness- Yellow & Green

I think Titus Andronicus has a new album coming out this year.

Melvins- Freak Puke comes out next month, that'll be a interesting listen at least.

#59 Posted by Nightriff (4979 posts) -

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@Nightriff said:

Fear Factory - The Industrialist: The album I'm looking foreword too most and its only a few weeks away. It sucks to hear that Gene Hoglan didn't do the drums on the track and that they actually used a drum machine (ironic because they were accused for years that they used one on their albums but Herrera and Hoglan are just fuckin awesome) for this one but I still love the band and will devour it on June 5th. Probably my lock for personal album of the year.

A lot of people seem to be up in arms over the whole drum machine thing on the record for some reason. Honestly, you can't even the tell the difference. Their drums have always been heavily edited on their albums, and the drums on Recharger sound the same as they have on everything else they've done. It is definitely disappointing that Hoglan won't be returning and Herrera will never come back due to Dino being a fucking dick, but they have Mike Heller from System Divide now, and he's a pretty solid drummer. The Industrialist is also one of my most anticipated albums in any case, and I think Recharger is an excellent Fear Factory-ass Fear Factory song.

I actually haven't heard the song new song at all, since I've made it his far I might as well wait for the album and listen to it as a whole. If the songs have sick ass double bass then I'm perfectly fine with a drum machine. I hope Hoglan's absence isn't long term and comes back soon but he seems to jump around a lot of bands so I assumed he wouldn't be with them very long anyways. I never heard the reason why they didn't want Herrera back was because of Dino, I thought it was Burton just being a asshole control freak. Would love to see Hoglan or Herrera with them, hard to come up with a better drummer that fits the needs of Fear Factory than those 2 guys.

#60 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6295 posts) -

Knock Madness by Hopsin

Dance Floor Filth Vol. 2 by 3lau

Welcome to Our House by Slaughterhouse

Yelawolf's second album

One Night Stand by Swedish House Mafia

Wolf by Tyler, the Creator (although I'll probably hate it since it's gonna be such a huge departure from his previous stuff)

Cabin by the Sea by Dirty Heads

#61 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

the new Gojira and the new Om is all I can think of

#62 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1721 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@Nightriff said:

Fear Factory - The Industrialist: The album I'm looking foreword too most and its only a few weeks away. It sucks to hear that Gene Hoglan didn't do the drums on the track and that they actually used a drum machine (ironic because they were accused for years that they used one on their albums but Herrera and Hoglan are just fuckin awesome) for this one but I still love the band and will devour it on June 5th. Probably my lock for personal album of the year.

A lot of people seem to be up in arms over the whole drum machine thing on the record for some reason. Honestly, you can't even the tell the difference. Their drums have always been heavily edited on their albums, and the drums on Recharger sound the same as they have on everything else they've done. It is definitely disappointing that Hoglan won't be returning and Herrera will never come back due to Dino being a fucking dick, but they have Mike Heller from System Divide now, and he's a pretty solid drummer. The Industrialist is also one of my most anticipated albums in any case, and I think Recharger is an excellent Fear Factory-ass Fear Factory song.

I actually haven't heard the song new song at all, since I've made it his far I might as well wait for the album and listen to it as a whole. If the songs have sick ass double bass then I'm perfectly fine with a drum machine. I hope Hoglan's absence isn't long term and comes back soon but he seems to jump around a lot of bands so I assumed he wouldn't be with them very long anyways. I never heard the reason why they didn't want Herrera back was because of Dino, I thought it was Burton just being a asshole control freak. Would love to see Hoglan or Herrera with them, hard to come up with a better drummer that fits the needs of Fear Factory than those 2 guys.

I'm not sure Hoglan plans on returning at all. As you said, he jumps around between bands quite a bit; he's one of the most in-demand musicians in the industry. Also, I'm just assuming Dino is the reason Herrera would never come back. After Transgression, they went on hiatus, and when Dino and Burt got back together, neither Herrera nor Christian were invited to be part of the band anymore. Dino was later quoted slamming Herrera, saying something along the lines of his drumming not being good enough for their music, which is total horseshit since his drumming style was integral to creating their sound in the first place. And when Byron Stroud recently left, it sounded like his reasoning was because of personal issues as well. Since he and Burt have another band together, City of Fire, I seriously doubt Burt was the reason he left. I've honestly never really heard that many bad things about Burt, but I have always heard things about Dino being a giant dick, and there are dozens of interviews with him out there talking shit about other musicians. But you know, as long as the music continues to kick ass, I can't complain too much.

#63 Posted by Harknett (127 posts) -

@Cheesebob said:

Rumour has it that Wu Tang Clan and/or Ghostface Killah are dropping new albums this year. I doubt it but you never know.

There's supposed to be another full Clan album by the end of the year and Ghost has DOOMSTARKS coming out.

As for the albums that were already mentioned, Stoned Immaculate and the G.O.O.D Music comp are pretty exciting.

I'm looking forward to Jay Electronica's Act 2, Raekwon's OB4CL3, the DOOM/Ghost album, Madvillain 2, and anything Freddie Gibbs puts out.

#64 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I have no clue....  I guess I could say Im looking foward to a few "mainstream" rap albums

#65 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Death Grips third album that drops later this year and Aesop Rocks new album. Feels like I've been waiting for that one for ages so I'm pretty excited to hear it.

#66 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

@Harknett: If DOOMSTARKS comes out this year....man I don't even know what I'll do.

#67 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

New Gojira and Devin Townsend albums.

#68 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

New Between the Buried and Me.

#69 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

I wish I knew about what's coming out this year.

#70 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

I don't follow the modern music scene close enough to know about albums way in advance; I usually only find out about them a few weeks before release so this thread has been really useful. Made note of everything listed here, even a bunch of stuff I've never even heard of. I love discovering music so I'm looking forward to hearing some new things this year. :)

As for me, I just recently got Garbage's, Killer Mike's and Tenacious D's new albums, but haven't listened to much of them yet. Also mewithoutYou's new album based on good reviews and after listening to one song which I thought was quite interesting...

... hopefully I won't regret it. As well as those I also got an album from February which I missed out on; John Talabot's Fin and the wonderfully mellow new EP from Asa & Stumbleine.

Swams, S.P.Y. and Amon Tobin have new releases out which I'll probably look at, and I've been recommended both of Exotic Animal Petting Zoo's albums (one of which just came out) and also Daytrader's debut, so I'll sample those and see what they are like.

I'll leave you with this track from Asa & Stumbleine's Your Secret:

#71 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

@MrKlorox: DUDE:

http://soundcloud.com/fatpossum/el-p-the-full-retard

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13122-big-beast-ft-bun-b-ti-and-trouble/

El-P two projects out this year.

#72 Edited by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

New Gojira and Devin Townsend albums.

devin's coming out with an album this year?

edit; aw shit it's even with Anneke again hell yeah

#73 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Does anyone have info on when Mic Tyson comes out? All I've ever heard is "soon".

#74 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

CONVERGE.

#75 Edited by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

Gojira - L'enfant Sauvage

Baroness - Yellow and Green

Wintersun - Time

Devin Townsend - Epicloud

Agalloch - Faustian Echoes

Katatonia - Untitled but it's supposed to come out in September

EDIT: And a new Enslaved album out sometime this Fall.

#76 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@BulletproofMonk said:

New Gojira and Devin Townsend albums.

devin's coming out with an album this year?

edit; aw shit it's even with Anneke again hell yeah

Yeah, it's called Epicloud. Doesn't have a confirmed release date but Devin's saying around September.
#77 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Cheesebob: Oh man, I didn't realize they already available. Thanks!
#78 Posted by Cirdain (3048 posts) -
@birdflu777

New Between the Buried and Me.

Yes and the daft punk thing but I doubt that's this year.

"So today was the first chance we had to spend hours and hours together and it was just so awesome. Every track they played I just ran across the room and got my guitar and started playing and we were all dancing around my dining room having the time of our lives. It was something that was meant to be. It was interesting how Thomas said to me: 'It's funny Nile, it's like we’ve completed the circle'." - Niles description of his time with daft punk :-)
#79 Posted by SSully (4152 posts) -

Letur Lefr - John Frusciante

I was pretty excited for Jack Whites new album and its pretty enjoyable. The Roots have been making almost an album a year since getting on Late Night, so I would hope they keep that up!

Also I just learned from this thread that Green Day is putting on 3 new albums. I thought their last album was pretty shitty, but I am all for another Green Day album. So Ill keep an eye on that.

#80 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

New biffy clyro

New motion city soundtrack

New metric

#81 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

The new Japandroids album will be an awesome way to kick off the Summer.

#82 Posted by mlarrabee (2916 posts) -

Project 86, Wait for the Siren.

#83 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

Sigur Rós - Valtari

The Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

Suis La Lune - Riala

There are probably more, I don't know/

#84 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@predator said:

I'd like to see that new Boards of Canada, but that's wishful thinking.

Got my hopes up, dammit.

#85 Posted by AssInAss (2601 posts) -

new Death Grips.

This thread has been useful though to know what else is coming.

#86 Posted by Loyal_Dragoon (118 posts) -

The new The Killers album, if it makes it out this year.

#87 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

I'm going to bring this thread back because Between the Buried and Me just announced The Parallax II: Future Sequence and I can't fucking wait

#88 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -

Muse

Franz Ferdinand

La Roux

Woodkid

#89 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

In Decay by Com Truise.