Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@laserbolts said:

@marekkpie said:

Why would a random alien happen to be bipedal, have a spine, have two eyes located in a similar position to a humans, have a brain located in a similar location to a humans, and bear striking resemblance to the Grey Aliens of science fiction?

The better question is why wouldn't they?

Because that would imply that they evolved on a planet extremely similar to ours and the odds of that happening are inconceivably tiny.

Not really, you would need the perfect storm of elements like Earth for anything to be able to produce life.

That's not true. A lifeform that wasn't carbon-based is a very real possibility.

I can't see a life form that isn't a upright standing being with opposable thumbs getting to a state of technology that they could travel light years across the universe.

The universe is infinite and so are the possibilities of life. You might not see it but most scientists agree they would look absolutely nothing like humans.

Of Course there would be infinite number of different aliens out there, probably 99.99999% being some jellyfish creature living in a planet full of acid but to be able to harness similar technology and evolution to space travel they would have to pretty much resemble us. They would of had to be on a perfect cocktail of elements like Earth, a planet that resulted in a big bang plopped in a perfect distance away from their sun that produced pretty much the same ecosystem that we enjoy on Earth, they probably wasted their planet like we are doing to ours, evolved into another form that could deal with the pollution while figuring out how to harness intergalactic space travel a way to get off their dying planet. All nonsense speculation though, like any scientist would say about a fictionist alien being but it's fun to think about.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That is one tiny little guy. Hope they got some big weapons or mind-control type shit, because otherwise, we're messing these guys UP!

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hopefully researching this alien can allow us to start research on Mind Control and finally get our asses to Mars.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#104  Edited By zor

That is some horrible photoshop work, (the second picture)... so no, i don't believe this is real at all.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@example1013 said:
@rollingzeppelin said:
@mrfluke said:

@49th: yea true, guess we'll see on the 22nd, super 50/50 on this thing.

Wait, it's tied to a film and you're 50/50 on whether it's fake or not?

Ok...I'd like to be honest but there's forum rules about not being a dick.

NO YOU GOTTA KEEP IT REAL DOG

Well I can probably be a dick about the movie. The thing is clearly full of conspiracy theorist nutjobs talking about pseudo-science who have the audacity to criticise real scientists all the while peddling their manufactured "evidence" in order to attract others to their distorted belief system.

Are you sure it's not a super-smart guy who figured out that people lap this shit up and made a movie about it to make bank?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its fake, but i like this kind of stuff so its cool from a "look at these idiots point of view" and a "i want to believe" point of view.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Hey guys I found this picture on the internet and was wondering if anyone could confirm if it is real or not? Thanks in advance.

No Caption Provided

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By mrfluke

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@laserbolts said:

@marekkpie said:

Why would a random alien happen to be bipedal, have a spine, have two eyes located in a similar position to a humans, have a brain located in a similar location to a humans, and bear striking resemblance to the Grey Aliens of science fiction?

Because that would imply that they evolved on a planet extremely similar to ours and the odds of that happening are inconceivably tiny.

Not really, you would need the perfect storm of elements like Earth for anything to be able to produce life.

That's not true. A lifeform that wasn't carbon-based is a very real possibility.

I can't see a life form that isn't a upright standing being with opposable thumbs getting to a state of technology that they could travel light years across the universe.

The universe is infinite and so are the possibilities of life. You might not see it but most scientists agree they would look absolutely nothing like humans.

Of Course there would be infinite number of different aliens out there, probably 99.99999% being some jellyfish creature living in a planet full of acid but to be able to harness similar technology and evolution to space travel they would have to pretty much resemble us. They would of had to be on a perfect cocktail of elements like Earth, a planet that resulted in a big bang plopped in a perfect distance away from their sun that produced pretty much the same ecosystem that we enjoy on Earth, they probably wasted their planet like we are doing to ours, evolved into another form that could deal with the pollution while figuring out how to harness intergalactic space travel a way to get off their dying planet. All nonsense speculation though, like any scientist would say about a fictionist alien being but it's fun to think about.

@rollingzeppelin said:
@example1013 said:
@rollingzeppelin said:
@mrfluke said:

Well I can probably be a dick about the movie. The thing is clearly full of conspiracy theorist nutjobs talking about pseudo-science who have the audacity to criticise real scientists all the while peddling their manufactured "evidence" in order to attract others to their distorted belief system.

Are you sure it's not a super-smart guy who figured out that people lap this shit up and made a movie about it to make bank?

throwing this link inside these quote chains and running out,

http://www.openminds.tv/background-of-ufo-documentary-humanoid-alien-revealed-964/

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By mrfluke
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@laserbolts said:

@marekkpie said:

@example1013 said:

@rollingzeppelin said:
@example1013 said:
@rollingzeppelin said:
@mrfluke said:

http://www.openminds.tv/background-of-ufo-documentary-humanoid-alien-revealed-964/

Oh man, that's even better. So it's a plagiarized article about a plagiarized movie. Man, you can't make this shit up lol.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mrfluke

@example1013 said:

@mrfluke said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@laserbolts said:

@marekkpie said:

@example1013 said:

@rollingzeppelin said:
@example1013 said:
@rollingzeppelin said:
@mrfluke said:

Oh man, that's even better. So it's a plagiarized article about a plagiarized movie. Man, you can't make this shit up lol.

yea definitely makes the dude i linked to in the OP come off as totally cashing in.

the thing seems to be still a "thing" though, and not some sort of man made thing i think.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This would be the biggest news since news became a thing, and it would be receiving intense coverage from every outlet in the world... so... yeah... I'm gonna go with the skeptics on this one.

It's like all these ghost hunter shows and psychic hoosamawhatsits: The very fact that these shows haven't flipped the entirety of known science on its head speaks a weeeee bit poorly of their legitimacy.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By nasher27

@yoshimitz707 said:

@mattyftm said:

@marekkpie said:

Convergent evolution can explain why a genuine alien could look similar to us. Assuming an alien planet is similar to earth, it is likely that an alien would evolve in a similar way to humans as they would have to solve similar problems to humans. There are species on earth that are completely unrelated that are extremely similar due to having similar conditions.

Of course, this "alien" is complete bullshit in any case.

Hey! Don't steal my answers, Ballface Matty! But you're right. It's called Cephalization.

What these guys said.

As to why an alien species would have similar environmental conditions to humans on a planet which might be hundreds of light years away, I think about it this way: If an alien species is interested in Earth enough to expend the energy to get here, I would say it's pretty likely that their home planet is similar to Earth. Otherwise it would be more efficient to travel somewhere closer to acquire whatever it is they're after. Of course this assumes that the alien species is friendly and not interested in conquering us. I find the alien conqueror theory to be a bit nonsensical as well, however.

Reason A being the same energy problem stated above. If they were after resources, there's nothing on Earth so uncommon as to waste energy to come here, especially when they would have to also expend energy to wipe out humans. It would just be more efficient to go to a closer, uninhabited planet for resources. Reason B is that I believe if an alien species was any tiny bit more naturally hostile and war-mongering than humans, they would have wiped themselves out long before they were advanced enough to achieve interstellar space travel. Humans are nowhere near that point, and we've almost wiped ourselves out multiple times in the last century.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@peasantabuse: I'll confirm it. I'm an expert in this field. Trust me.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ThunderSlash

Ohshit is Nolan making a Grim Fandango movie?!

Avatar image for deactivated-64b71541ba2cd
deactivated-64b71541ba2cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mean to be dismissive but, no, this is fucking lunacy. Anyone remember this Alien Autopsy?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By monetarydread

@mcghee said:

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

I listened the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Steven Greer and based on that interview alone, I can call this 100% complete bs.

Yes, but it was very entertaining.

Powerful

MarekkPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By MarekkPie

I shouldn't have even posted a reply. Now I've got an inbox full of X-Files nostalgia and/or oppressive government conspiracy theorists.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@nasher27 said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@mattyftm said:

@marekkpie said:

Convergent evolution can explain why a genuine alien could look similar to us. Assuming an alien planet is similar to earth, it is likely that an alien would evolve in a similar way to humans as they would have to solve similar problems to humans. There are species on earth that are completely unrelated that are extremely similar due to having similar conditions.

Of course, this "alien" is complete bullshit in any case.

Hey! Don't steal my answers, Ballface Matty! But you're right. It's called Cephalization.

What these guys said.

As to why an alien species would have similar environmental conditions to humans on a planet which might be hundreds of light years away, I think about it this way: If an alien species is interested in Earth enough to expend the energy to get here, I would say it's pretty likely that their home planet is similar to Earth. Otherwise it would be more efficient to travel somewhere closer to acquire whatever it is they're after.

Or you know, if they are an interstellar species that happens to find a primitive intelligent life form (humans) that is very different from their own I am sure their scientists would love to study us and explore how our species and other life on Earth evolved. I am certain that human biologists would much rather study a silicon based life form then another carbon based one if given an option. Also you assume that energy is difficult for them to produce or is costly which I think would be stupid to assume once a species has mastered interstellar travel.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys I found this picture on the internet and was wondering if anyone could confirm if it is real or not? Thanks in advance.

No Caption Provided

That's Hirohito with Hitler, why his head is shaved and hes topless I don't know.