Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

It's 5am Monday morning here in the UK and I've accidentally found myself in the situation where I stayed up much too late playing video games. When I realised it was 3, I thought, hell, I might as well stay up all night. My first class of the day is at 9am and will be on the riveting subject of Thermodynamics and Kinetics. I'll finish for the day in about 12 hours time. Will I make it? Will I pass out in about 30 minutes? Who knows?  

Has anyone here ever pulled any ridiculous all-nighters? Before exams or some such. Do you often find yourself with a sleeping pattern more suited towards owls than humans? 

Who knows, maybe you've become fully nocturnal and even work during the night. LET US GET TO KNOW YOU.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tomte

i havn't pulled any all nighters with gaming, with drinking however...
several times i have been to bars and karaoke and around 5-6 in the morning realizing what time it is, and since my school is really close to the bar district and it takes around 45 min for me to get home, i usually go to school and sleep there, or stay up until the school starts

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mariek430

Since Jan 5th(Darksiders and Bayonetta) my sleep schedule has been wake up at 11 PM, go to sleep at 4 or 5 PM. I cant stand sleeping.
Longest "all nighter" I pulled was 2 and a half days without the help of cocaine or other such things.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Rayfield

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance co-op. That's the only time.  

On topic though, dude get some sleep. Seriously, going all Jack Bauer will start to make you feel like total shit.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

Several times, but never doing something unnecessary like playing video games. 

TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
@Rayfield: The plan is to rough it today, then get an early night tonight and push my sleeping pattern back to normal. 
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ryax

i pull all nighters all the time, wether its for fun or cuz of insomnia, either way i sleep in the day. (rarely for gaming tho)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

I've pulled plenty of all nighters, but they definitely weren't entirely spent playing a game.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akeldama

My first playthrough of Silent Hill 2 began at around 7 pm and ended around 6 am. What a crazy night.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

i am usually good with sleeping, i am a night owl. i usually go to bed at 1:30am and wake up at 9:30ish.

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FullmetalPopo

i pulled this one all nighter when my friend was over and went through 6 liters of mtn dew and 10 packets of kool aid and about 5 or so packs of ramen... it was bad lmao

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

No. You're completely fucked. Might as well stop going to school altogether. I'd recommend taking up a drug habit instead.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CandleJakk

There's already a thread on a similar them, I believe.

However this belief could be based on my own insomnia. My worst in recent memory (last week) is 60 hours awake. I have done more. I don't do them for pleasure. They just happen.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I read somewhere that because staying up at night messes with women's Circadian rhythms, women who work night shifts are more likely to develop breast cancer. Dunno if there's a similar effect on men. Usually with all nighters, I have a rule that after a certain point, sleep takes priority over anything I could possibly be working on. Infer what you will about the importance of my labors in life. 

EDIT: I am totally breaking this rule right now. I guess I must have jinxed it... or something. Yay 3 am chinese homework! 

And by yay I mean fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Qorious

I think the latest I've crammed for a big test was 2AM. I know it's not as late as some people on this thread, but it was for me.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Adamantium

Duder... too many all-nighters to even begin taking stock at this point. I recommend coffee and television. 24-hour fast food joints are also your friend. Good luck.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Bones8677

When I started college I was able to pull all-nighters all the freakin' time. But after that first year, I was barely able to stay up past 2 am. Can't pull all-nighters anymore...

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGremp

My schedule is so messed up. 

Went to sleep on Saturday morning at 6 AM after a night of doing some random photoshop stuff, woke up at 6 30 PM.  Stayed up all night last night, fell asleep at 1 PM today. woke up at 8 PM.  I'm now staying up all night, hopefully staying up till tomorrow night so I can actually sleep at night for once. 

More on subject, I often pull at least one all nighter a week.  The main list of things that cause this... 

Warcraft 3 
Civilization 4 
Guild Wars 
Street Fighter IV  
Mass Effect 
Team Fortress 2 
Counter Strike Source
Random bursts of creativity, drawing sketches, writing songs, photoshoppin'. 
Adult Swim/Comedy Central/Discovery Channel 

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CandleJakk

I feel i should add, I am in the UK, it is fast approaching 6 am, I have currently been awake for approximately 40 hours.

Jikla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jikla

I have been up for a day now. My record is 5 days straight, something I don't recommend because I started to hallucinate.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I have to get up for work in three hours. I'm definitely going to be dragging my ass in the morning. Hopefully all that damn snow was enough to convince the suits to cancel work. I've pulled all-nighters in the past, and they were never a good idea. Well, except for this one time when I was up all night kicking ass on Wolf ET. That was totally worth it. Anyways, I'm definitely going to bed right the hell now.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By ravensword

these are the times I can remember. MGS 4, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Oblivion, KOTOR. And I think that was it. (Oh, and World of Warcraft.)
Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Siris

It's very unwise and should you avoid doing it if you value your health.

That being said, I use to do that a lot.. to the detriment of my health and activities during the day - and days following.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CandleJakk
@Jikla said:

" I have been up for a day now. My record is 5 days straight, something I don't recommend because I started to hallucinate. "

My record is 10 days without sleep. I ended up in hospital. Your minor organs start to go into shutdown not long after then. Scary as hell.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ravensword
@CandleJakk:

lol, I couldnt even do one whoel day. It kicked my ass real hard.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rayfield
@Origina1Penguin said:
" Anyways, I'm definitely going to bed right the hell now. "

Still awake?
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CandleJakk
@Raven_Sword: My advice is don't try, you don't have clinical insomnia. More than 5 days awake, I need to go to hospital now, as it has adverse psychological effects now.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rayfield
@CandleJakk said:
" @Raven_Sword: My advice is don't try, you don't have clinical insomnia. More than 5 days awake, I need to go to hospital now, as it has adverse psychological effects now. "

Jesus. I once tried to watched Season 1 of 24 in 24 hours. Started at midnight because the first episode started at midnight. By 5am I felt sick and thought 'what the hell was I thinking?' and went straight to bed. 

I think would be dead if I stayed up for 5+ days.
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CandleJakk
@Rayfield: Like I said, my record is 10 without sleep, approx 240 hours, give or take a minor few.

Most doctors reckon 11 days without sleep will kill a man, this is not always true, but I do not recommend trying. The world record I believe is 18 days straight.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StaticFalconar
@TheLegendofLuke: With enough coffee and other products made to keep you awake, you'll make it. But in my experience those are the days that you might as well gone to sleep since you can't learn as good, and everything around you irratates you so you begin flipping people off for the stupidiest things and get into bar fights (coffee bar). Then of course that guy you just beat up turns out to be just a really big, fat kid with an IQ of a Dog and of course was around visiting his family, which just so happen to be your next professor. 

So, um, yeah, you'll uh, "Make it" alright.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikkaQ

Most nights I go to bed at 2-3am playing games then wake up at 7:30 for work. But in terms of gaming I haven't done a lot of all nighters recently. Sure when I was a few years ago, but not anymore, except ME2 did that to me. But a couple years back, when Oblivion dropped I played that all night with a friend, and same when COD2 came out.  

But most all nighters I've done were all night video editing sessions for my school's film class. Those were epic. I'd listen to Rush and Kraftwerk to stay awake and edit a piece together, often chatting with another person editing their work. The worst was waiting for rendering to finish, and also the next day how you'Re a total zombie. That part sucks about all nighters.d

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By toowalrus
@Rayfield said:
"
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance co-op. That's the only time.   On topic though, dude get some sleep. Seriously, going all Jack Bauer will start to make you feel like total shit.  "
That's so weird, I stayed up all night playing that game with my uncle when it came out... 

I've only pulled a few all nighters relating to games. Usually revolving around... erm, that popular life-consuming MMORPG. You know what I'm talking about. No regrets, we finally managed to beat... that Lynx boss...
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By ajamafalous

I usually pull at least one all-nighter per week, often two.

I don't know, I guess I just enjoy something about losing track of time, looking at the clock and it says 7:16 AM, and my roommate's getting up to get ready for the day.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Origina1Penguin
@Rayfield said:
" @Origina1Penguin said:
" Anyways, I'm definitely going to bed right the hell now. "
Still awake? "
Yes :( 
I got sidetracked reading up on the new Robin Hood movie.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wolverine

I pulled a lot of all nighters and it sometimes it works out fine yet sometimes I crash and burn. For example, I've stayed up all night, drank a lot of coffee, and than went to school and was able to function okay but once I had to take the train to Manhattan and got to a two hour photography class on a Saturday after staying up all night and I couldn't focus at all. I was so out of it.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CandleJakk

I just now (literally) wrote a quick blog bout insomnia.

All I can say is, if you choose to do an all nighter or night, do something productive with it. If you don't you'll lose your mind.

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By i69edUrGpa

When I'm on a big deadline at the office...and occasionally playing video games

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Gabriel

I'm pulling a All Nighter tonight playing MW2 PSN ID therv 18 if you want to join me.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Undeadpool

Red Bull, my friend. Red Bull. Or any energy drink, that's just the one I prefer.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hourai

You should get even a few hours of sleep, at least that way you will be able to stay up until the following night and not mess your sleep schedule.

Waking up at midnight never feels too great. 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By armaan8014

Yep I've stayed up till 5.30.. that was the max..
Once I had played GTA Vice City with my cousin bro till 4:30.. and I was confused whether it was night or afternoon..
I occassionally play till 3 in the morning, but nowadays have stopped it due to heavy studies and upcoming exams.

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dirty_Harry

*walks down stairs* WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!?

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DJL

Yeah, I have done so, whether it be due to the internet, or my extreme determination to finish a really hard mission/chapter/dungeon/boss in a game.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HandsomeDead

You will reach a point where you feel like complete and utter shit so get some kip.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I've had only one all-nighter. Watching anime, listening to music and chatting with friends. Twas a Friday night, of course.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ArchScabby

Well I usually take Tylenol PM to help me sleep on nights when I have school or work, it's a really bad habit.  But If I didn't I would probably pull all nighters all the time.

TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I lasted barely half an hour before deciding that I was being ridiculous.  

Just woke up (almost 3pm) and will email my lecturers saying I was ill and asking what I've missed. Woops.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By DCFGS3

I need sleep, the last all nighter I remember was before Australia day, and spent the night Mount and blading it with a mate asleep on each shoulder, I was dropping in and out of conciousness by 6 30  the next night

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@killerjigglypuff said:
" i pulled this one all nighter when my friend was over and went through 6 liters of mtn dew and 10 packets of kool aid and about 5 or so packs of ramen... it was bad lmao "
This is how you contract Scurvy. Just so everyone is clear on that.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CornontheCobbe

I do it all the time this year unfortunately. 

That happens when you have so many awesome games, and you're taking the year off college, and you work in the evenings. Guess its a habit now.

Next year i will have to change this lifestyle :S