• 82 results
AlexM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AlexM

I've pulled so many all nighters in my lifetime. I get tired around 8 p.m. but cant sleep and then when 10 p.m. comes around I get a burst of energy and it becomes impossible to sleep haha I'm definity a night person without a doubt.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Daryl

All nighters are annoying. You forget they're something you really should never do as you feel like total shit  but the only time you remember this is after having pulled yet another all nighter.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Shadow

I haven't done that in a while.  Having woken up at 4 AM and having primarily night classes, I'll be groggy for sure, but I know how that feels and I don't envy what you're trying to attempt here.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By FireBurger

Only once when I was like 10. A friend and I stayed up all night playing Fighting Force 64 fueled by a case of Mountain Dew. Felt like shit the next day.

Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I find this thread incredibly ironic considering the the TC is snorlax. Every time I try to pull an all-nighter I end up crashing in the middle of the next day. The last all-nighter I pulled I decided to take a quick nap at 1 P.M. the next day and I didn't wake up until 2 in the morning.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By maxszy
@TheLegendofLuke: Yeah I have, though not any time recently. Used to do it back when I went to LAN parties. God those were fun days.

Never done it for an exam though. I am a strong believer in the idea that sleep is WAY more important to do well on an exam than staying up all night studying. One's mind goes to mush at a certain point, studying past that point is just stupid imo.
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By halberdierv2

Ill do it for schoolwork or exam studying, but not for videogames.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Demyx

My first all nighter for a test was pretty bad. I even had a 3 hours lab right after so I was pretty much dead the whole time. But usually, if I do one just watching TV or playing games, I'm pretty much fine the next morning.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By aaox

I'm getting to a point now where going to bed before midnight is early.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By toowalrus

Wow. Old thread. Anyway, it's 3:40 AM and I'm still not done writing this speech... it's taking a lot longer than I intended, so I figured "fuck it", I've got class in 4 hours, I'm just gonna stay up, watch Jar Time, write my speech while dicking around on the internet, then make a pot o coffee in the morning. Wish me luck!

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By korwin

I've been known to do them frequently with my job. Don't worry... those subjects aren't that complicated.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Pretty much every night is an all nighter for me. I much prefer the night to the day, so much so that daytime actually makes me tired.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vorbis

@FuzzYLemoN said:

Pretty much every night is an all nighter for me. I much prefer the night to the day, so much so that daytime actually makes me tired.

Likewise, just turned 8am and time to sleep.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Captain_Insano

Very rare that I can all-nighter anymore.

Now with full time work (and not playing games as much as I used to anyway) I normally stay up after my wife goes to bed cause she goes to bed crazy early (8:30 or so). I usually stay up til midnight, which involves a mix of net surfing, tv shows/movies and games. Then I normally wake up around 6. On some nights I find I run long til 1 am or slightly later and that can mess with me a bit. I make an effort though to stick to my time limit.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By Xeiphyer

Ahhh necro topic!

Yeah, I pull all nighters a lot in university (1-2 a week), it really sucks. Sometimes i'm working for 17-18 hours straight to get shit done.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now here is an old thread. Yeah I stay up all night every so often, sometimes I just can't sleep, sometimes I'll lose track of time playing games, sometimes I need to get work done. Always feel like shit the next day though.

donkeyscrotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By donkeyscrotes

Architecture student and dangerously lazy, so I end up pulling a lot of all nighters. Ended up having to do 3 nights in a row for my portfolio last semester (handing it in a day late) though the first 2 nights of that was drug assisted (modafinil). I think the stress of a deadline works just as well or even better at keeping you up and working than a drug like modafinil, coffee or red bull.

Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dots

During the summer last year I came home from work at 16:00, a couple of friends came over and we played Starcraft II all night. I then left for work at 5:00 (my friends still playing), again I came home at 16:00 and my friends had slept all day at my house. We immediately started playing more SCII up until ca. 23:00. The next day I was completely destroyed, went to work, came home and slept all evening and all night. Good times!

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By ethan_raiden

I miss a night of sleep once a week, on the day I go back to work I don't go to bed, and go to work normally, and sleep at my average time. 1 day without sleep isn't anything strange.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@TheLegendofLuke said:

It's 5am Monday morning here in the UK and I've accidentally found myself in the situation where I stayed up much too late playing video games. When I realised it was 3, I thought, hell, I might as well stay up all night. My first class of the day is at 9am and will be on the riveting subject of Thermodynamics and Kinetics. I'll finish for the day in about 12 hours time. Will I make it? Will I pass out in about 30 minutes? Who knows? Has anyone here ever pulled any ridiculous all-nighters? Before exams or some such. Do you often find yourself with a sleeping pattern more suited towards owls than humans? Who knows, maybe you've become fully nocturnal and even work during the night. LET US GET TO KNOW YOU.

I got excited :(

Antihippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Antihippy

Pulling a 6 hour sleep week messed me up for months.

Never again.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have insomnia so if I get to sleep before 4am it's a lucky break. I end up having a nap from about half 4pm - 6pm because i'm usually so beat. I've tried forcing myself awake during the day too, but it doesn't work, still up at ridiculous hours unable to sleep.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By Justin258

A few. My brother and I once beat Halo 3 in one single sitting and it took us all night. We then did something else for a little while, mostly just dicking around in other games all night.

The only other times I remember staying up all night was the day I modified my PSP and the day I modified my Xbox. I had successfully done both earlier that day, and then overnight I was continually exploring what all I could do with them. It was actually pretty fun, but I felt like shit the next day.

However, over the summers back when I was in school (and didn't have to work), I would sleep until about 1:00 PM and not go to bed until about 6:00 AM. Not sure if that counts as an all-nighter.

In all honesty, I wish that we didn't have to sleep. It takes up so much useful time. If we could be fully awake and alert at all times, I would love that.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By TobbRobb

I did today.... It's fine though, I still got 4 hours of sleep by not going to school.

Worth it imo.

KarmaPoliceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By KarmaPoliceman

Quite a few, mostly due to studying or trying to fix my sleeping patterns (I turn nocturnal without obligations) and one or two through drinking. There were some 36 hour ones in exam block. Wake up at 8 for an exam, do exam, study all night/morning, do more exams, study for tomorrows exam, sleep at midnight.

It probably would have been better to study a bit before the week of exams, but hindsight is a beautiful thing.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I used to pull all nighters all the time for video games, school, partying, or just watching tv. You got to be careful though. It led to me developing insomnia and now I can't sleep normally without taking several Lunestas. It affects every aspect of my life now and totally sucks balls.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hmmisee

Nothing extraordinary, I have gone about 2 nights without sleep. Due to medication I can't for the life of me come close to an all nighter.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mirado

The longest I have ever stayed awake was 77 hours. It was during the end of finals; miscommunication forced us to do a weeks worth of work over the course of two and a half days; by the time we finished it (around midnight), we were 70 hours in and pretty much crazy. Unfortunately, after driving in to drop off the work (yeah, I drove after being up for three days. Didn't crash, either!) we found that the building was locked and wouldn't open for another seven hours.

Those were a tough seven hours.

Driving in a 2nd time actually let us drop the work off, and the last thing I remember is watching Terminator 2 at 8AM in a pretty delirious state. It took a week to shake of the effects, but after multiple 12 hour naps I was no worse for the wear.

As a side effect, staying up for 24 hours is so easy now that I often do it without even realizing it.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Regal

I sometimes have to be in working condition for 36 hours between studies and work. It is pretty handy since it only skips one night and resumes with the next so you don't end up sleeping during the day and mess up the sleeping cycle.

Just recently though I had a 40 Degree (Celsius) fever which left me unable to sleep at all for three nights (not a single hour, nor a single minute for that matter). That really wasn't nice. As I'm recovering I don't feel nauseous but I still can't get more than four hours a night, so I'm getting kind of worried about that. It's a bad feeling when you are no longer sick yet you feel frail and have a poor sense of balance nonetheless.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BonOrbitz

I'm usually up to 3am playing video games and surfing on Fridays and Saturdays.

I used to pull drinking benders with a buddy of mine where we'd get fucked up until the sun would rise. What a weird feeling experiencing that.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By donkeycow

The thing about all nighters is you gotta sorta be used to them. If you rarely do them they destroy you, if you have gotten used to it you can handle. I'm for the most part pretty good at handling all-nighters, but not more then once a month. The biggest issue i get with them are digestive troubles... yuck.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Oh god this is some necromancy.