• 54 results
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

China proposes new global currency and now Russia is backing it.

these are just the small steps. There are a whole host of things that point to this possibility, what do you guys think?
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

I don't really understand what you're talking about, buddy.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

The funny thing with good conspiracy theories is there's always some grain of truth.  I think the real conspiracy is that there are groups that make conspiracies up that are so crazy that the real conspiracies that are going on are ignored because everyone thinks conspiracy theories are crazy.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By singular

Did you ever wonder what all those people who earn crazy ass amounts of money are doing with it?

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Snipzor

Since when did China and Russia represent the majority of the world in land/population/opinion? Don't take their rhetoric seriously... seriously.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ltcoljaxson
TwoOneFive said:
"China proposes new global currency and now Russia is backing it.
 these are just the small steps. There are a whole host of things that point to this possibility, what do you guys think?
"
I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about.

This does not mean that anyone would be carrying around a 'global currency.'  This means that other countries that have money from business or other investments in a country such as the US... (say Britain owning $1 million in the US) then if US dollars go to shit because of the economy... Britain wouldn't have to lose money if the money was a global currency. It would be less effected by the economies.

So this thread is going no where because what you're thinking isn't what China proposed.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG

My hope for humanity just died a little.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hamz
LtColJaxson said:
"I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about.This does not mean that anyone would be carrying around a 'global currency.'  This means that other countries that have money from business or other investments in a country such as the US... (say Britain owning $1 million in the US) then if US dollars go to shit because of the economy... Britain wouldn't have to lose money if the money was a global currency. It would be less effected by the economies. So this thread is going no where because what you're thinking isn't what China proposed."
This is pretty much bang on target. A global currency, lets call it Credits (like most Sci Fi shows do), basically avoids the major drop in value of someones investment in a foreign bank / business / country. If everyone is using Credits then everyone, no matter where they are in the world, has a form of currency that is the same value. Instead of what we have now where if one currency depreciates in value then a lot of people suffer.

What China and Russia seem to have proposed is not the first step in some global plan by some shadowy group of evil masterminds but rather a step towards global unification and progress. The world at the moment is rather shit to be honest. Terrorism, war, poverty and general political bollocks is halting our progress as a society / species and planet.

I for one would not be opposed to some new world order if it mean't we actually improved as a species and put our patriotic bullshit aside and support one flag, one country. Instead of what we have now which is a bunch of pieces in a puzzle all jumbled in the box. Lets put the puzzle together and join the pieces as a whole.

I say we bow down to our new overlords and accept their rule.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Diamond
Hamz said:
I for one would not be opposed to some new world order if it mean't we actually improved as a species and put our patriotic bullshit aside and support one flag, one country. Instead of what we have now which is a bunch of pieces in a puzzle all jumbled in the box. Lets put the puzzle together and join the pieces as a whole.I say we bow down to our new overlords and accept their rule.
That's one thing that always strikes me.  Peace and coexistence must really bother some people.  There is some legitimacy to the concern though because most of the West and Japan benefit because billions of people work for peanuts and have poor living conditions.  Everyone in the world can't live like Americans.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By singular
Diamond said:
"Hamz said:
I for one would not be opposed to some new world order if it mean't we actually improved as a species and put our patriotic bullshit aside and support one flag, one country. Instead of what we have now which is a bunch of pieces in a puzzle all jumbled in the box. Lets put the puzzle together and join the pieces as a whole.I say we bow down to our new overlords and accept their rule.
That's one thing that always strikes me.  Peace and coexistence must really bother some people.  There is some legitimacy to the concern though because most of the West and Japan benefit because billions of people work for peanuts and have poor living conditions.  Everyone in the world can't live like Americans."

Why not? Because someone says they have to live in poverty? It is theoretically possible for everyone in the world to have a decent living standard.
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ltcoljaxson
Diamond said:
"Hamz said:
That's one thing that always strikes me.  Peace and coexistence must really bother some people.  There is some legitimacy to the concern though because most of the West and Japan benefit because billions of people work for peanuts and have poor living conditions.  Everyone in the world can't live like Americans."

I think the main concern other than peace and co-existence is the fact that if the US economy for some reason completely fall, it could almost bring down the whole world market because of how essential it is (which would also mean the US taking #2 to another country). It messes up a lot of things and a lot more people would be living poor.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#12  Edited By citizenkane
BoG said:
"My hope for humanity just died a little."
Reading conspiracy theories does that you, but you get over it after a while and just feel numb when reading any new ones or updates to old ones.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Diamond said:
"The funny thing with good conspiracy theories is there's always some grain of truth.  I think the real conspiracy is that there are groups that make conspiracies up that are so crazy that the real conspiracies that are going on are ignored because everyone thinks conspiracy theories are crazy."
Or it's like South Park where the government creates conspiracy theories just to make themselves seem more powerful. Haha.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
SinGulaR said:
Why not? Because someone says they have to live in poverty? It is theoretically possible for everyone in the world to have a decent living standard.
Over time it may be possible, but as it is right now, every Westerner has several poorer people padding our lifestyle.  If you were to adopt a single currency and rid the world of borders the way society works now would quickly fail.

LtColJaxson said:
I think the main concern other than peace and co-existence is the fact that if the US economy for some reason completely fall, it could almost bring down the whole world market because of how essential it is (which would also mean the US taking #2 to another country). It messes up a lot of things and a lot more people would be living poor."
Yes.  At the very least billions of peoples lives would change.  Americans do good work, but we don't really have the money nor earn all that we benefit from, at least if all people in the world were treated equally.  These artificial barriers sustain our lifestyle.
METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

lets just all pay with bacon and cupcakes... everyone would be happy

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ltcoljaxson
METALM1LITIA91 said:
"lets just all pay with bacon and cupcakes... everyone would be happy"
Better have some good public bathrooms.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By singular
Diamond said:
"SinGulaR said:
Over time it may be possible, but as it is right now, every Westerner has several poorer people padding our lifestyle.  If you were to adopt a single currency and rid the world of borders the way society works now would quickly fail.

And that would be something bad?
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Diamond
SinGulaR said:
And that would be something bad?"
Depends on where you live.

There also is an argument that the loss of stability would cause an overall loss of life and lifestyle for everyone.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By singular

So you think a centralized world goverment wouldn't be stable?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hamz
SinGulaR said:
"So you think a centralized world goverment wouldn't be stable?"
It would be stable. But far too many Western people would find they have to give up the private jets, sell some of the multiple sports cars and maybe downsize from a 20 bedroom mansion too a 5 bedroom semi.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By singular
Hamz said:
"SinGulaR said:
It would be stable. But far too many Western people would find they have to give up the private jets, sell some of the multiple sports cars and maybe downsize from a 20 bedroom mansion too a 5 bedroom semi."

Too bad.
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By L33tfella_H
TwoOneFive said:
"
Wait...i thought Euros were doing this global(well,europe in this case) currency thing for the last 10 years... :S
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive
Hamz said:
"SinGulaR said:
It would be stable. But far too many Western people would find they have to give up the private jets, sell some of the multiple sports cars and maybe downsize from a 20 bedroom mansion too a 5 bedroom semi."
so you are telling me you wouldn't want your on jet and a 20 bedroom mansion?
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hamz
TwoOneFive said:
"Hamz said:
"SinGulaR said:
"
I own neither and likely never will. But honestly wtf do I need either of them for? I'm not fond of travelling by air and I barely need one bedroom let alone 20.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By singular
TwoOneFive said:
"Hamz said:
"SinGulaR said:
"

Would you? I mean, I could understand wanting a jet. But a 20 bedroom mansion? If I had one I would just share it with the people I know. Let them all live there. Maybe I'm just to social for this time and age and should just go to bed.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive
SinGulaR said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Hamz said:
"SinGulaR said:
"
Would you? I mean, I could understand wanting a jet. But a 20 bedroom mansion? If I had one I would just share it with the people I know. Let them all live there. Maybe I'm just to social for this time and age and should just go to bed."
what if it was the playboy mansion?

anyways...who here think this country is in need of a new American Revolution. Clearly nobody agrees with what the government is doing anymore. They passed the most expensive bill in the nations history without even reading it for crying out loud. They fight wars we don't know much about, or why we need to fight them. I mean, sure a few thousand people died on 9/11. but here we are all these years later and they're still telling us we need to fight terrorists. You know how many millions of people died from other serious causes since 9/11?!?! whats going on here?! 

ps. All I know this country is sooo far from what the founders created its really sad. 
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By Geno

What does this have anything to do with "world orders"? Or conspiracies for that matter? Such currency mergers are proposed and carried out all the time. The "Amero" (Canada-US-Mexico dollar) has been all but confirmed. The Euro already exists. A global currency isn't too far of a stretch, but the question is how it will affect America, since it would likely become poorer.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TwoOneFive
if this country just stuck with the gold standard, of course a modernized system, we would be so much better off right now am i right? gold and silver is worth so much right now. 
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By singular

If you take away the currency you pay for a certain amount of gold, the only value that is left is it's pratical value.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30  Edited By Geno
TwoOneFive said:
"if this country just stuck with the gold standard, of course a modernized system, we would be so much better off right now am i right? gold and silver is worth so much right now. "
No, because gold and silver are not liquid. That would be like basing a currency on automobiles, it would be disastrous.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Gunner
Snipzor said:
"Since when did China and Russia represent the majority of the world in land/population/opinion? Don't take their rhetoric seriously... seriously."
China, France, England, Germany, Russia and the U.S. make up the majority of the world super powers, all of which have proposed some sort of united currency of some form.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thiago
TwoOneFive said:
"if this country just stuck with the gold standard, of course a modernized system, we would be so much better off right now am i right? gold and silver is worth so much right now. "

What country are you from? US? Not a chance in hell. The US dollar isn't backed by anything. Not gold, not silver, nothing. The Federal Reserve just prints money. That's it. They make money out of thin air.

That's why other countries want to get away with the dollar. With the current crisis the US government is printing money like crazy to give it to the bankers, which devalues it and causes inflation. Other countries such as China or Russia have huge reserves in dollar, so if the dollar goes down they go down as well. They want to create a safer currency.

A new world order would come in the form of carbon taxes every person on the planet would pay to some global entity. This would be the beginning.
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ltcoljaxson
TwoOneFive said:
"SinGulaR said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Hamz said:
"SinGulaR said:
"
Would you? I mean, I could understand wanting a jet. But a 20 bedroom mansion? If I had one I would just share it with the people I know. Let them all live there. Maybe I'm just to social for this time and age and should just go to bed."
what if it was the playboy mansion?

anyways...who here think this country is in need of a new American Revolution. Clearly nobody agrees with what the government is doing anymore. They passed the most expensive bill in the nations history without even reading it for crying out loud. They fight wars we don't know much about, or why we need to fight them. I mean, sure a few thousand people died on 9/11. but here we are all these years later and they're still telling us we need to fight terrorists. You know how many millions of people died from other serious causes since 9/11?!?! whats going on here?! 

ps. All I know this country is sooo far from what the founders created its really sad. 
"

I don't live in the US, but nevertheless I think Obama is a lot more competent in making decisions than Bush ever was. A revolution would just be stupid at this time...

And your founders didn't necessarily have all the correct principles either, but had good ideas. They have evolved which is a lot better. Although war occurs, it was because of recent decisions from Bush and a lot of the corruption in the Middle East dates back centuries. Just a bad place to get into a war with. 

Obama said he needed at least a year or two before any difference could be made. So give him time.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wolverine
TwoOneFive said:
"
Personally I don't see a point of a global currency. When you think about it international currencies always hurt poorer countries.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#35  Edited By AgentJ

My god people, we aren't going to be moving to a globalized currency any time soon. We Americans are too stubborn to do anything like that. Hell, we can't even switch to the metric system successfully. While I personally wouldn't mind a globalized currency, It's just not within the realm of possibility within the United States.

DoMakeSayThink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DoMakeSayThink

I'm a communist and generally regard most consipracy theories as utter nonsense, usually I think caused by misinformation as a means to stop anyone from coming to any real conclusions about whats going, as generally their effects upon people are utter defeatism and fatalism about the future ie the message is "There is no hope in changing the system so don't even try".
But I'm a communist so what do I know? ;)
http://www.socialistworld.net/

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AgentJ
DoMakeSayThink said:
"I'm a communist and generally regard most consipracy theories as utter nonsense, usually I think caused by misinformation as a means to stop anyone from coming to any real conclusions about whats going, as generally their effects upon people are utter defeatism and fatalism about the future ie the message is "There is no hope in changing the system so don't even try".But I'm a communist so what do I know? ;)http://www.socialistworld.net/"
Hey, nothing wrong with Commuinism, at least when it works the way its supposed to. Unfortunately we've never had a true Commuinism in the world, and thanks to Russia and China, it's gotten a bad rap. Thats not to say I'm all for converting to Commuinism, but I hope that no one gets on you for your ideas.
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ltcoljaxson
AgentJ said:
"DoMakeSayThink said:
"I'm a communist and generally regard most consipracy theories as utter nonsense, usually I think caused by misinformation as a means to stop anyone from coming to any real conclusions about whats going, as generally their effects upon people are utter defeatism and fatalism about the future ie the message is "There is no hope in changing the system so don't even try".But I'm a communist so what do I know? ;)http://www.socialistworld.net/"
Hey, nothing wrong with Commuinism, at least when it works the way its supposed to. Unfortunately we've never had a true Commuinism in the world, and thanks to Russia and China, it's gotten a bad rap. Thats not to say I'm all for converting to Commuinism, but I hope that no one gets on you for your ideas.
"

Marxist ideals have never worked out ever since they were created. There is a lot wrong with communism and it's ironic that it's even called 'commune'ism. I don't know much about the socialist parties in the US though, so I won't touch that.
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Otacon

Was a while back now that was proposed. A world Gov't really isn't viable, yet it's not the only way to create unity.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AgentJ
LtColJaxson said:
"AgentJ said:
"DoMakeSayThink said:
"
Marxist ideals have never worked out ever since they were created. There is a lot wrong with communism and it's ironic that it's even called 'commune'ism. I don't know much about the socialist parties in the US though, so I won't touch that."
Like i said in the post, thats because they've never been done right. After all, in true Commuinism there would be no leader (no Mao, no Stalin). It may be impossible for Commuinism to be done right, because people tend to not work if they dont feel they'll be rewarded for it, and there will always be dissenters in any form of government (thats just how people are), which means there would have to be a peace-keeping force, which gives some people power over others, which destroys the whole concept.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TwoOneFive
Geno said:
"TwoOneFive said:
No, because gold and silver are not liquid. That would be like basing a currency on automobiles, it would be disastrous. "
o_O
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TwoOneFive
thiago said:
"TwoOneFive said:
What country are you from? US? Not a chance in hell. The US dollar isn't backed by anything. Not gold, not silver, nothing. The Federal Reserve just prints money. That's it. They make money out of thin air.That's why other countries want to get away with the dollar. With the current crisis the US government is printing money like crazy to give it to the bankers, which devalues it and causes inflation. Other countries such as China or Russia have huge reserves in dollar, so if the dollar goes down they go down as well. They want to create a safer currency.A new world order would come in the form of carbon taxes every person on the planet would pay to some global entity. This would be the beginning. "
are you fucking retarded?
the US used to have a gold standard, and they don't anymore. what you are saying is exactly what i am saying. 
Shallimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shallimus

"SinGulaR said:

There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding on this thread. China isn't proposing a single global currency - in fact they would be very unlikely to suggest the idea, as it would remove their ability to manipulaste global markets and their ability to maintain high levels of exports by tweaking the value of their own national currency. The US dollar isn't going anywhere, and neither is the yuan.

What the Chinese are actually suggesting is a fuller implementation of IMF proposals from 40 years ago: instead of using the US dollar as the standard unit against which all other currencies are measured, countries would hold foreign currency reserves as the SDR (Special Drawing Right) as a virtual currency against which all others would be measured - but only for international exchange and reserve purposes. You won't see SDR notes in your wallet.

I'm not saying there are no decent conspiracy theories, but this one doesn't really get very far: to explain it, you need only accept that the Chinese are worried that their foreign currency reserves (which are largely held in USD) will be worth significantly less over time if the US economy bombs in a giant way... as it is doing right now.

Remove tinfoil hats and breeeeaaaaathe. If you are American, have a poor grasp of current events and economic theory and tend towards the paranoid, This Means You.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AgentJ
Shallimus said:
""SinGulaR said:
There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding on this thread. China isn't proposing a single global currency - in fact they would be very unlikely to suggest the idea, as it would remove their ability to manipulaste global markets and their ability to maintain high levels of exports by tweaking the value of their own national currency. The US dollar isn't going anywhere, and neither is the yuan.

What the Chinese are actually suggesting is a fuller implementation of IMF proposals from 40 years ago: instead of using the US dollar as the standard unit against which all other currencies are measured, countries would hold foreign currency reserves as the SDR (Special Drawing Right) as a virtual currency against which all others would be measured - but only for international exchange and reserve purposes. You won't see SDR notes in your wallet.

I'm not saying there are no decent conspiracy theories, but this one doesn't really get very far: to explain it, you need only accept that the Chinese are worried that their foreign currency reserves (which are largely held in USD) will be worth significantly less over time if the US economy bombs in a giant way... as it is doing right now.

Remove tinfoil hats and breeeeaaaaathe. If you are American, have a poor grasp of current events and economic theory and tend towards the paranoid, This Means You."
Yeah, but tell all of this to that congresswoman from Minnesota who is telling everyone that lives in her country to be armed and dangerous because she thinks Obama wants there to be a global currency.
Shallimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shallimus
Geno said:
"TwoOneFive said:
No, because gold and silver are not liquid. That would be like basing a currency on automobiles, it would be disastrous. "
Gold and silver illiquid? The global precious metal markets disagree with you. Please see also the Gold Standard, which the US abandoned only recently.
Shallimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shallimus
AgentJ said:
"Shallimus said:
China isn't proposing a single global currency ... Remove tinfoil hats and breeeeaaaaathe.
Yeah, but tell all of this to that congresswoman from Minnesota who is telling everyone that lives in her country to be armed and dangerous because she thinks Obama wants there to be a global currency.
"
She's hardly the first politician to open her mouth and have nothing sensible come out. Did she happen to mention what threat Americans should be on the look-out for? King George III has been dead for almost 200 years, so it can't be him.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

back when i was into A LOT of drugs, i was also into a lot of conspiracy shit.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Geno said:
"TwoOneFive said:
What? Gold and silver are not liquid? That makes no sense.

It's a medium of exchange, it isn't liquid or illiquid. What do you get in exchange for liquidating money (gold and silver)? How is it liquidated?
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ltcoljaxson
Shallimus said:
""SinGulaR said:

Remove tinfoil hats and breeeeaaaaathe. If you are American, have a poor grasp of current events and economic theory and tend towards the paranoid, This Means You."

This was pretty much clarified within the first few posts...

Unfortunately many of the people posting don't read.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By singular
Shallimus said:
""SinGulaR said:
This isn't a quote from me.