• 94 results
JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

Oh, that's a bummer ! I totally missed that :'(

Is there a way to join late with a penalty or something ? I would really love to join the fun !

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Am I really winning this after the first race? How on earth, haha. That's cool. I'm sure it won't last.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well, clawed my way up the ladder a bit this race. Still a long way from the front though.

Positive points now.

Phouchg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Phouchg

Still in second but others are really closing in fast now. Glad I have Hulk in my team.. he kind of saved it this time.. Need magnussen to be at the top all the time for this to work out. ^^

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By dodgyblaster

FYI: Due to Kobayashi being replaced for the Belgian Grand Prix; a few players' teams have changed.... http://gpf.link/wet

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dodgyblaster
winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By winsord

@deltaalphabravo: Thanks for hosting this again, hopefully I can do better than fourth-from-last this time around! As for the podcast, they were saying they didn't have any plans to do another season at the end of the last one sadly, so I think the pictures of them in the studio today were just them working on whatever new their new podcast idea is.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@deltaalphabravo: I don't get it, the system is seemingly designed specifically to force players to pick one top driver/team and the other 3 from the bottom 2 drivers/teams or 2 average driver and 2 average teams.

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are the previous years standings anywhere?

thanks anyway, ill be joining up

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By winsord

@wlleiotl said:

are the previous years standings anywhere?

thanks anyway, ill be joining up

Yeah, they're available under the "Grand Prix Fantasy Archive" link on the home page. Here's a link to the Giant Bomb 2014 results.

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstylle: I'm going to sound pretty rude here. But I guarantee you it is not my intention to be. But... That's kind of the point. We could all pick Mercedes & Red Bull. And, everyone scores maximum points each race. But where's the fun/skill in that. It'd be like playing video games on "Easy". :P

@wlleiotl: Yes. Thanks and good luck.

@winsord: Thanks (and good luck too).

copeland57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just signed up, pretty excited by this prospect!

Ghostface318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hey, gonna try this. No idea how it will go. Should we post our picks here as well?

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65  Edited By UncleDisco

Aiming not to be dead last this season. Made the mistake of betting on drivers instead of teams last season.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

This seems cool. I went really driver-heavy with my picks, having to choose the two slowest teams to make the budget.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstylle: I'm going to sound pretty rude here. But I guarantee you it is not my intention to be. But... That's kind of the point. We could all pick Mercedes & Red Bull. And, everyone scores maximum points each race. But where's the fun/skill in that. It'd be like playing video games on "Easy". :P

@wlleiotl: Yes. Thanks and good luck.

@winsord: Thanks (and good luck too).

You didn't sound rude for the record, I'll give it a go.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By rethla
@deltaalphabravo said:

Theres no joy in winning if the competition doesnt loose, i never bet on the safe ones ;)

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By dodgyblaster
Birchford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in! Good luck everyone :)

S_Westervelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition i wanted to tell you guys about another great fantasy league is the one hosted on opposite lock on Jalopnik. I won the contest last year and actually spent 4 hours constructing the trophy that will be awarded to the seasons winner each year.... I will post pictures of that tonight.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/formula-oppo-the-dick-smith-foods-grand-prix-of-straya-1689983432

thanks everyone, and enjoy the F1 season.
Stephen

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By dodgyblaster

Just a note; if anyone's even remotely interested (well, Chris certainly is! :P). I've opened the 2016 Alt+F1 fantasy competition. I apologise for being real lazy this year. All I've done is update the database with this season's calendar, teams & drivers. Blame Tomb Raider and The Witness.

Website: http://www.grandprixfantasy.com/giant-bomb-alt-f1/2016

Entry form: http://www.grandprixfantasy.com/giant-bomb-alt-f1/2016/entry-form

Invite-Code: duder

I'm not sure if @drewbert and @dannyodwyer are doing the Alt+F1 stuff this year?

Thanks and good luck!

PS. Thanks Chris (First).

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By badseed

One question regarding the budget, does the below mean The maximum allowable budget is 110M or 210M? Because 110M seems almost impossible

Nevermind, was just being stupid, I blame it on being completely awake yet. Team "Sweden <3 Maldonado" is in the game for the first year. Good Luck.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Burt

Thought I'd give it a go this year, good luck duders!

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@deltaalphabravo: Thanks - this will be my third year in these races. I got so close last year. "Funking Mother Lovers" FTW!

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltaalphabravo: My god-damned brother won last year and I came in third (and our dad in sixth), so I have to beat him this year!

Ghostface318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed this last year, as I got more into F1. I may be more excited for F1 this year than baseball, and I used to be a hardcore baseball guy.

I mounted a late charge last year, as the Smittereens, and hope to pull a better name this year.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By UncleDisco

@deltaalphabravo said:

No problem! Was just kinda bored last night and checked out the website to see if 2016 sign ups were ready, and kinda figured that the invite code would be the same. Also went from dead last in 2014 to 4th last year, so looking forward to see where I land this year... Gambled a bit more this year, hoping it pays off. And also thanks for hosting this.

@gkhan so you're the one that stole my third place during the last race! DAMN YOU!
Seriously though, GG!

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltaalphabravo said:

No problem! Was just kinda bored last night and checked out the website to see if 2016 sign ups were ready, and kinda figured that the invite code would be the same. Also went from dead last in 2014 to 4th last year, so looking forward to see where I land this year... Gambled a bit more this year, hoping it pays off. And also thanks for hosting this.

@gkhan so you're the one that stole my third place during the last race! DAMN YOU!

Seriously though, GG!

HA! Suck it :) I just wanna point out that on "pure points", I won the whole darn thing, it was just that damn budget deficit!

It's a bit silly, but being in this dumb league actually really helps to keep me engaged throughout the season. Especially since my stupid brother was constantly just ahead of me!

blackcat0158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm pretty pumped to be a part of this in 2016. GLHB duders.

Here's hoping the All luck, no suck team goes the distance!

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had to make some uh... Definite compromises to fit him in, but my boy Lewis is driver #1 for Tim O'Glock's Fighting Irish. and we're gonna go far, I can tell #TeamLH #Blessed

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done! My second year entering I think?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have once again entered Rethla GP and with strong horses like McLaren and Marcus Ericsson i can already taste the champagne. Thanks for hosting this great series.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does the entry requirements work? Also, is this fixed for the season or do you change for each race (like Fantasy Football etc)?

Great idea though, it certainly adds to the interest.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By gkhan

@johnlocke: You don't pick for each race, just once for all year. You pick two teams and two drivers (the drivers can't drive on the teams you pick), trying to stay under a budget. If you go slightly over budget, you get a points penalty, if you come in under budget, you get bonus points. The points you get throughout the season more or less corresponds with championship points, with a few small differences. Full rules are here: http://www.grandprixfantasy.com/giant-bomb-alt-f1/2016/rules

Basically it's "try and pick the best combination of drivers and teams without going over budget". Simple as that.

CaptainNovolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

With Alonso and Grosjean driving for Force India and Manor, There's no way I can't win!!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By rethla

Given the extra points you get if a driver finish higher than his grid position Kimi might be a good alternative?

Avatar image for tarpit_carnivore
Tarpit_Carnivore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Entered team TarpitCarnivore. We're going to have a tough year though thanks to our limited tokens.

Phiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping to see Max get himself a podium or two this year!

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for opening this up again! The last two years I've come fourth-last, so I'm expecting to do the same this time (maybe worse?). Yeah, I could pick Mercedes as my team and whatever, but this year it's all about Force India, McLaren, and young guns!

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello. I just wanted to say a big Thank you! to everyone that's entered so far. We have nigh on double the numbers that we had last year.

At time of press: there's a little over 5 days left to get this season's entries in. You can enter here:

Entry form: http://www.grandprixfantasy.com/giant-bomb-alt-f1/2016/entry-form

Invite-Code: duder

Disappointingly, there is still no sign of our F1 experts, @drewbert or @dannyodwyer playing yet. Booo! :P

Also, if you have any questions or suggestions, fire-a-way.

Good luck and enjoy the 2016 season!

Thanks

-Dan (No, not that Dan, I don't own any Amiibos).

supercubedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make me proud, Romain.

xenolon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or are the rules of this league not fun?

Two drivers, two teams, and no changes?

Let's say you're a fan of Sebastian Vettel. If you want to have Vettel as a driver, you're forced to choose the cheapest combination of the remaining drivers and teams. Let's say you've been impressed by the dominance of the Mercs and want to choose them as a team. There's only 2/3 permutations that allow choosing Mercedes as your team, again requiring you to choose the worst teams and drivers to fill the rest of your roster. Let's say you're a long time fan of Williams, you can't choose the team and a driver from the team? I get that the system needs to be balanced, but this just seems punitive.

Isn't part of fantasy leagues getting to put yourself in the shoes of teams and athletes/drivers you admire?

And no mid-season changes? What's the point of that? You can't make changes to your roster based on the development of engines, chassis, and drivers?

Again, where's the fun in that?

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenolon: I have to agree with pretty much all of your points. I've been toying with the idea of mid season changes for a few years now. But that would mean I have to engineer a user account system. Whilst I could technically do it. Should I? Would people play if they had to sign up with an account? And also, do I want the responsibility of looking after people's user accounts? I'm not sure if that's a rabbit hole I want to, nor have the time, to go down.

As for the main gist of the rules. There's a tradition I'm fighting against here. I've been running this competition since 2007. This competition out dates my tenure and has been running for at least 25 years (it used to be an excel sheet passed around the office/company). Also, even the simplest change in the rules means I have to pretty much rewrite everything. I just simply haven't got the time right now for such an upheaval. So disappointingly; it's a case of status quo.

Regardless of whether you decide to play (I guess not). I hope you enjoy the 2016 F1 season and @drewbert & @dannyodwyer's Alt+F1 podcasts.

-Dan

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers