#1 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

Reading thread titles and posts I notice that my head is constantly turned to the left. Is there a way to add more space on the left of the website on my end so I'm reading the text more head on?

Resizing the browser is an obvious solution, but I don't want to look at my wallpaper while I'm readying.

#2 Posted by Kidable (127 posts) -

"Moving things to the left" seems to be a by-product of a lot of websites lately that are trying to service mobile devices. You want as much "dead space" in the middle as you want so it's easier to scroll with your thumb. And the fact that most people do it with their right hand, the left isn't obscured by your hand. YouTube did it too.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

You are clearly imagining things.

#4 Edited by benpicko (2008 posts) -

I'd prefer it if it looked more like this:

than this:

Anybody else?

#5 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

Is this what you wanted rather than this:

?

#6 Posted by Draxyle (1852 posts) -

Yea, I'm not a fan of forums that line the text all the way up to the left side of the screen. It's something I'll get used to, but I'd like an option to scrunch it back up just a little bit at least.

#7 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

@benpicko said:

Is this what you wanted rather than this:

?

Yes. I want the content in the middle of the screen and not at the edge of the monitor like it is now. Didn't the old site design have it set up this way?

#8 Edited by golguin (3928 posts) -

@benpicko: How do I get everything centered in the middle like that? That's what I want.

#9 Edited by benpicko (2008 posts) -

Download Stylebot and change the margins for #default-content and .forum-above-grid to margin: 0 'whateverworkshere'px

@golguin said:

@benpicko: How do I get everything centered in the middle like that? That's what I want.

#10 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3150 posts) -

I'm pretty used to it at this point, and I kind of like it.

#11 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I think it might be the asteroid...or meteorite or whatever the fuck it was hitting on Mother Russia.

#12 Edited by TruthTellah (9081 posts) -

I'd appreciate if there was at least the option for it to be more centered.

#13 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i would like it to go to the right little more.

#14 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

It's a liberal conspiracy.

#15 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

Looking at my forum history on my profile I noticed that the text boxes are positioned the way I like it. Is there no way to give the option to make the forums like this?

#16 Edited by DrShilliams (86 posts) -

If anyone is using Stylebot the URL is

*giantbomb.com/forums/*, *giantbomb.com/*/*/forums/*

and you can use the following CSS. Just alter max-width to whatever value you want, it'll remain fluid if you make the window smaller.

.container-fluid, #default-content, #forum-content {

margin: 0 auto;

max-width: 1400px;

}

#17 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
@benpicko said:

Download Stylebot and change the margins for #default-content and .forum-above-grid to margin: 0 'whateverworkshere'px

Awesome. Thanks for the advice, duder!

#18 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I basically use the website less because for no reason whatsoever Dave and Friends decided to switch the location of the sidebar links...

WHYYY????

I'm always looking at the left edge of my monitor now :(

#19 Edited by NiKva (128 posts) -

I like it more on the left. :)

#20 Posted by Pr1mus (3909 posts) -

Everything centered does look better even on the forum but i still prefer they keep using the entire screen real-estate. For articles, reviews and blogs you can always look at the article, review or blog itself to have the better looking format and for shorter forum posts i prefer being able to see more posts overall.