Am I the only one who likes the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies?

• 73 results
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Evilsbane

I enjoyed the movies, really I did but there are countless problems with the two sequels.

1. They took focus off of the Matrix and put it on Zion. 

2. Zion Blows Ass. Its a boring uninteresting place with cliche characters, when they talked about Zion in the first movie it     was cool because you didn't know what it would look like it, it was as strange and mysterious as the Matrix itself, then they show it and it is TERRIBLE. (Not to mention the infamous Cave Rave).

3. Way to much pandering on about nothing. Now the first one had this but it at least presented it with style so you didn't really mind all the bullshit, but they lost that in the sequels and many of the conversations came off as contrived and unnecessary.

4. Not Enough Morpheus!!!!

5. The Machine War on Zion. Flashy yes, Big Robots yes, did it make any damn Sense? No not really. So riddle me this Why OH WHY would you build abunch of Mechs with wide open cockpits so the driver is just. . . open for attack Please if someone can answer that with a solid response I would be happy to hear it. Also it presents the problem of what was said it the first movie. Trinity says in response to the EMP question "Its the only weapons we have against the Machines." Really now? What about all these Mechs with MACHINEGUNS FOR ARMS!!! AND Shoulder mounted ROCKET LAUCHERS! Put some of the Shit on the hovercrafts. Point being that there weren't supposed to be other weapons the Wachowski brothers just decided they needed a huge battle and needed more the EMP blast.

And there are other things as well I could fill this post up with but I'm not because in the end I still enjoyed the trilogy it just didn't become the classic like it should have. BUT I am going to say the thing that kept me going through the movies was Trinity and Neo these were two really well written characters and I really felt a connection between them.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Yes not get on ur boat and paddle around your lonely island

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By AndrewJD

You are not alone. I like both the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films. Not as much as the 1st, but I still like them.

mementomori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By mementomori

They aren't bad movies. They just have to stand up to the original, which they don't.

clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By clapperdude

I think for me it was just that the first one was so great that the next two couldnt compare. And, really just felt like to me that it made it drag on a bit (and got a little silly). Not that I think they were terrible... 

But, speaking of the fighting scenes (and silliness)...the fight in the second one with all the 'copies'....they freakin used the bowling pins sound effect when they get knocked down. Thats ridiculous! Right?

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Remember when you were in the movie theater watching The Matrix: Reloaded and you were real excited?  Remember when towards the end, you figured out the guy in charge of the matrix was Colonel Sanders?  Yeah...
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#57  Edited By tearhead
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Tearhead said:

" I loved all three movies, but the first is definitely the best. That being said, I am fully aware of where the series went after the first, and how ridiculous it was. How Neo was able to use his powers outside the Matrix to stop those sentinels is still one of the most retarded things I've seen. "

he was designed by the machines as a perfect being both man and machine. he had power over them. it was telekinesis. its why he could see the machine world without eyes.  "
All you are doing, sir, is further explaining why it is retarded.
Thwackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Thwackers

The first is the best. last 2 are OK. 

The first was too good and ruined the the next 2. ha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I love the second, not the third though.
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By FLStyle

I thought that 2 and 3 were great, not on the same level as 1, but I could watch all three of them over again without a problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't think the sequels are necessarily a love it or hate it affair, but they're definitely polarizing. The Entertainment Weekly crowd--the people who love mainstream films--generally dislike the Matrix sequels.

There are narratological issues the sequels definitely carried. But they're fine overall. Nowhere near the quality of the original. But still good.

Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Kelswitch

I enjoy Reloaded and Revolutions myself, sure the potential that the original hinted at wasnt fully realised but once you get over that disapointment they're both good movies. The freeway scene in Reloaded is worth it alone, and well i always enjoyed the battle for Zion in Revolutions.

However i didnt like the crazy cave techno rave in Reloaded..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kelswitch said:
However i didnt like the crazy cave techno rave in Reloaded.. "
I don't think anyone did. Universally Deplorable, is a way to think about that.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RetroIce4

Reloaded was bearable. It was watchable and wasn't that bad. Certainly wasn't good. Revolution was just bad. I did like that Animatrix though. Freaked me out when I first saw it. Only when the track runner was doing sprints and his muscles started exploding. Shit was nasty!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Tearhead said:
" @TwoOneFive said:
" @Tearhead said:

" I loved all three movies, but the first is definitely the best. That being said, I am fully aware of where the series went after the first, and how ridiculous it was. How Neo was able to use his powers outside the Matrix to stop those sentinels is still one of the most retarded things I've seen. "

he was designed by the machines as a perfect being both man and machine. he had power over them. it was telekinesis. its why he could see the machine world without eyes.  "
All you are doing, sir, is further explaining why it is retarded. "
i meant to say it WASNT telekinesis. lol 
Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#66  Edited By Oy

The worst thing about those films is that they are technically more like 1 film cut in half.  It doesn't feel like a true trilogy. That said, Reloaded is great but it drags at the end... and Revolutions has that terrible death scene of Trinity.  God she takes like 10min to die.  God! Die Already you B****!!!
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ninjakiller

The second one was so-so and wouldn't be as bad if it didn't lead to the abortion that was the third film.  I saw the third film in theaters and everyone leaving agreed that 2 hours of a child being being savagely beaten would have made a better film.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Cornman89

My two cents: the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films didn't sit well with me because, among other things, they abandoned the 1st film's cyberpunk roots. They lost sight of the matrix as a technological force/concept in favor of making it a purely philosophical one, and a needlessly vague, overly convoluted and obnoxiously overwrought one at that.

I will say, though, that Reloaded was markedly better than Revolutions, if only because Reloaded had the luxury of creating random plot threads then leaving them for Revolutions to clean up.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By Systech

No. I know they're bad but I can't help to like them.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#71  Edited By tearhead
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Tearhead said:
" @TwoOneFive said:
" @Tearhead said:

All you are doing, sir, is further explaining why it is retarded. "
i meant to say it WASNT telekinesis. lol  "
Either way... it was still pure nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tearhead:
There was a lot in the sequels that was pure nonsense.
Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By Blackout62
@Whisperkill: 

3rd: no, second: yes.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Illmatic

You're not alone in not hating the last two of the trilogy, but I still think they degraded in quality as the movies were released. Wouldn't call the last two awful but they never reached the level of the first installment. I think what happened is kinda like what Jeff said a few Bombcasts ago. With the first Matrix, you had the potential to have this legendary trilogy for the 90's but instead it seemed they couldn't quite mesh together the action and the mental side of the Matrix like they did so well in the first. The second swayed far too heavily in the philosophy of the Matrix while the third was a little too action oriented, resulting in a laughable DBZ style fight at its climax and a lackluster "real world" battle with the humans and machines.