Amazon Prime order issue

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I ordered Bloodborne and a few other things through Amazon Prime the other day, and something came up and I wasn't there to sign for the package.

I set it for redelivery the same day, and they never came back. Should I call Amazon or the postal service? Will they try and contact me any further than the confirmation of the redelievery date being set?

I've never not been home to sign for a package so I'm a bit confused as to how this goes.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By maginnovision

@azurath: You can contact either one and they should be able to help you out. Worst case is usually items getting returned, but I've usually gone and picked them up if I knew I wouldn't be around to sign which you can typically set up contacting the carrier.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maginnovision: Sadly I don't have a car, and it was a decent sized order, so I don't really want to carry it around with me on a bus ride through the city.

Do you think theres a chance they will end up just trying again today since I did schedule for redelivery, or am I too optimistic?

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@azurath: I think your best bet is to go to the Amazon site, under "Help" at the bottom choose "Need More Help" then "Contact Us" and you will find details of how to contact them directly. These will include the ability to do a live text chat with a rep who will be able to definitively answer your questions and also arrange any re-deliveries if necessary.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Seems like more of a carrier issue than anything else. Amazon can't really do much at this point. I would definitely contact the post office first just to see whats up, then contact Amazon in case it gets returned or something.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Postal service should have left you a notice. If you opted for a redelivery attempt, you're pretty much at the mercy of the postal service. I always choose to go to the post office and pick it up.

If a different delivery service was used, they tend to try three times before returning the package to Amazon. It really is out of Amazon's hands once it leaves them. Unless the package goes missing, there's not much point in contacting Amazon instead of the delivery service.