Amazon shipping preorders late

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I don't normally preorder games, but I did preorder Last of Us back in January, I knew I was going to get it and Amazon doesn't charge until they ship so why not.

I'll tell you why not, it's 6 hours till the game is out and the fuckers haven't even shipped if yet, I was checking to see what was going on and the expected ship date was Monday June 17th and expected arrival on the 21st!

Is that normal?

I just cancelled my order and bought it on PSN; Amazon is usually very good but they have been fucking up a lot on me lately between this and Ni No Kuni I can't order games from them anymore and I'll probably order my PS4 somewhere locally too now.

Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Amazon put release day shipping behind their prime subscription a few months back.

ArcadeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I pre-ordered animal crossing on Amazon, and it didn't ship until today. Free shipping means that it tags along on the next truck going your direction, so it can be really hit-or-miss.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I only pre-order stuff that I want day 1 from futureshop.ca (Best Buy Canada). They have a warehouse only an hour away from my house, so I usually get stuff the next day. I'm too cheap to pay for rush shipping on Amazon.

And the game comes out on a Friday. So if it doesn't get to you day 1, you'll have to wait all weekend instead of just day 2.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@kidavenger: Amazon usually doesn't ship out orders until like 1am in the morning. If you had not panicked and just waited you would have gotten it in time.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's one of the reasons I almost never get games from Amazon. I just can't depend on them to get it to me on time. I recently had an item sit at the 'shipping soon' stage for two days, so something I was expecting on Wednesday didn't come until Friday. It's not the end of the world of course, but it makes me hesitant to order anything from Amazon that I could get locally unless Amazon is much cheaper.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As a Amazon Prime member, I have had no problems with getting games day of release or the next day after.

I made the mistake of preordering the Survival Edition through Gamestop because I had a gift card. I didn't want to pay an exorbitant amount of money for shipping, I now have to wait a week before my package arrives.

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DVombatus

Mine is shipping now and will be here tomorrow so it seems to be working for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I seem to recall an instance where Amazon shipped me a pre-order really early in the morning and it still arrived at my house on time, so you might have got it. Did you make sure you picked Release Date Delivery?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

I had some glitch happen today where my payment was declined for no reason and it would arrive on Tuesday. I emailed them and they fixed things within the hour. I've had like three problems in a decade but their customer service is pretty awesome.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ben_H

I cancelled my Animal Crossing preorder on Amazon because I wouldn't be getting it until next week and with that game time is money! I can't make bells while it is on a UPS truck!

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only ever pre-ordered a game once through Amazon UK. I was on Prime at the time and not only did the game ship like a day late via a standard, non-nextday service, it ended up never even arriving. I mean, they sent out a new copy soon enough, but having to wait over 2 weeks for something that you're excited for is kind of a bummer.

Never again!

Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a Prime member and I've gotten a few games a day late or too. It's always a small bummer to wait to play. Most of the time I'm buying digital, though.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darji

Got my Copy today from Amazon (Germany). Maybe you were just to late and they had no copies left? Oh yeah I am a prime member too.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Ya buying games online blows. I would never buy a boxed copy from an online store unless it's something that has already come out or is an older game I never got around to. It always takes at least a week after release to get it to arrive. Thankfully I'm a PC guy so I just get everything on Steam and don't have to deal with it.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Mine just got sent today from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. Amazon does seem to be pretty inconsistent as far as pre-order release time goes, though. I normally would just get it digitally, but I suckered myself into getting the special edition.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it sucks. I get the benefits of Prime for most things but it should not be required to get a preorder on time.

I'm also not thrilled that they seemed to have slowed their normal shipping to get people into Prime. I live in KY and have all kinds of warehouses around me. A couple of years back I'd choose normal shipping and get my order in 3-4 days, but at some point they started waiting 3-4 days before even shipping it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ben_H

@bane122 said:

Yeah, it sucks. I get the benefits of Prime for most things but it should not be required to get a preorder on time.

I'm also not thrilled that they seemed to have slowed their normal shipping to get people into Prime. I live in KY and have all kinds of warehouses around me. A couple of years back I'd choose normal shipping and get my order in 3-4 days, but at some point they started waiting 3-4 days before even shipping it.

In Canada they haven't slowed regular free shipping at all. I still get everything in 3 days using free shipping. But that could be because Prime is a big steaming pile of doggy doo in Canada so they don't want to burn any bridges yet.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Hunter5024

I only had trouble with Fire Emblem, but that wasn't their fault.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Despite the large download(27 gbs), I'm glad I bought TLOU digitally and played it the day of release. I get fairly impatient when it comes to waiting for new games in the mail. For example, back when I bought the special edition of Bioshock Infinite my patience grew thin and I sucamb to buying it off Steam. I've learned from that and I recently bought Animal Crossing digitally too. I'm absolutely ready to go all in on the digital front.