#1 Posted by i_Dead (45 posts) -
#2 Posted by KloakinDevice (38 posts) -

Awesome tunes dude! It's nice to find someone also into this type of music!

Check out

Ben Frost's tunes usually take on a more sinister tone, but they are equally powerful and beautiful! By The Throat is my favorite album, Solaris is more chilled out if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9pKI7FPi4

Tim Hecker has been around for years and produces amazing soundscapes that drift into one, Ravedeath is a great album of his to check out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFdBk2MTMcQ

#3 Posted by i_Dead (45 posts) -

these guys are pretty good, thanks for sharing

#4 Posted by the_lens_flare (12 posts) -

Wasn't a big fan of the 2nd track, but the first one was good. I love this kind of music when I need to relax or fall asleep.

#5 Posted by yinstarrunner (1243 posts) -

Damn, that is some dark ambience.

I like to listen to ambient music when I write, but it's usually more upbeat stuff. However, I'm sure this is gonna be great if/when I get around to writing that horror story I've been wanting to work on. Thanks for sharing, bro!

#6 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1047 posts) -

#7 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Ambient music can be pretty great. Check out a guy called Tim Hecker - I love his stuff.

#8 Edited by i_Dead (45 posts) -

2009 track

#9 Posted by i_Dead (45 posts) -

2009 Acid Piece

#10 Edited by Khann (2914 posts) -

Nice tunes man.

As for a contribution to the thread.. I enjoy Loscil quite a bit. There's a little more of an electronic aspect to his tunes than what has been posted so far, but I think it still fits.

This is one of my favourite tracks:

It's a little more "contemplative" than "haunting". Has a really nice warm feeling to it. Feels like a big hug when you're in... certain states of mind. It's great for sleeping/coding music.

#11 Posted by Sinusoidal (1810 posts) -

@khann said:

It's a little more "contemplative" than "haunting". Has a really nice warm feeling to it. Feels like a big hug when you're in... certain states of mind. It's great for sleeping/coding music.

Which is fitting since he named himself after an opcode in CSound.

Someone mentioned noise?

#12 Posted by i_Dead (45 posts) -

keep on sharing great tunes, even if you make some let us hear it :)

#14 Posted by erhard (442 posts) -

Some experimental/art rock I listen to might be characterized as ambient. For all its minimalism there is an enormous amount that can be done with the genre. When the time is right I listen to psybient, which is usually more energetic than ambient but still downtempo enough.

#15 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

The entire Bit Trip Series has a nice ambient soundtrack.

#16 Posted by MormonWarrior (2665 posts) -

I was listening to the Persona 3 soundtrack yesterday while writing stuff. Video game music can often help me.

#17 Posted by staggisHead (6 posts) -

This'll do you good.

#18 Posted by Arouga (69 posts) -

Not sure if this is proper ambient but... it sure is relaxing. I also recommend checking out Carbon based lifeforms

#19 Edited by Sin4profit (3003 posts) -

#20 Edited by Pilgrimm1981 (48 posts) -

I tend to lean to the darker or harsher experimental ambient noise stuff such as

Yellow Swans

Prurient

Gas

Aderlating

The Caretaker

You might like some of these, or not, but there are so many musicians out there who create weird and otherworldy soundscapes

#21 Posted by ShaggE (6717 posts) -

I wanted to post "Medicine", but it's nowhere to be found on Youtube... so this will do, as it invokes similar imagery. Posting the live version, because the album art on "Third and Final Report" kind of goes too far, even by Throbbing Gristle's standards.

(also, this doesn't technically belong in an ambience thread, but listen to "Hamburger Lady" if you aren't familiar with these guys. It's a masterpiece, and one of their "easier" tracks to get into, despite the nightmares it may cause)

#22 Posted by Sterling (2704 posts) -

I've always been pretty partial to this song.

#23 Edited by erbarad (29 posts) -

And here is one from me. I really enjoy music made by those guys.

#24 Edited by Melvargh (517 posts) -

I listen to a lot of Hearts of Space (www.hos.com), it has a bunch of different genres and channels that can narrow down what you're looking for. It's a paid service, but it's totally worth it. I highly recommend it: the care they put into every single program is remarkable.

If you're looking for pure ambient, some of the bigger names are guys like Steve Roach and Michael Stearns. Stearns' album "Planetary Unfolding" is considered a masterpiece in the world of ambient music, and I listen to it pretty regularly.

#25 Edited by i_Dead (45 posts) -

Serbian Artist

#26 Edited by i_Dead (45 posts) -