I had wondered why it tasted lame.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ryanwho

They still sell it in Mexican restaurants and such. We like corn alright.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By WickedCobra03
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" I think it's because HFCS is much cheaper.  We grow more corn than you could imagine here. "
Yeah, why countries like brasil have "real" coke because they can easily and fairly cheaply produce cane sugar where as America really cannot except for a very short growing season in teh deep south.

I do prefer the taste of real coke and will buy the bottles in a local store in Wisconsin, but also drink the mass produced stuff for the US also.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By MetalGearSunny

My father works for Pepsi Co so FUCK YOU ALL! 

But I do prefer Coke. I don't care if it's real or not, if you give me a Coke I will drink it quickly. I love me some Coke. Pepsi tastes like acid. 

...sorry, Dad!  =P

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By RetroIce4

We do have throwback drinks now. I drink this mexican soda that uses sugar anyway.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By eroticfishcake
@JackiJinx said:
"When creating advertisements, it's allowed to only use a small percentage of the advertised product in the actual display. For example, since ice cream usually looks rather discolored and several other things on camera, there's a good chunk of the actual product replaced so that it will look more like the actual thing. Of course, most companies go beyond the making it look accurate to just plain making it look better, such as in the picture in question.   So yeah, you were missing something here. "
Oh I see. Thanks. I never knew that but I guess I shouldn't so surprised as considering the fact that it IS advertising and I do know that fashion magazines tend to do the same thing, touching up the picture by enhancing the lighting, brightening teeth and widening the hips, that sort of stuff. Which of course leads to the whole controversy about young girls feeling insecure about their own bodies but that's another story. Anyway, when I was younger I was thought McDonald's hamburgers looked great in the ads, only to be disappointed by a wrinkly bun and dodgy meat whenever I bought one. I still do.
memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By memo

I knew that.   Just go to a Mexican market and buy the coke in the glass bottle or buy at costco they sell it to. glass bottle mean Mexican coke which means real sugar