This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by alternate (2696 posts) -
#2 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

let the tasteless jokes commence

#3 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

She was never very good at applying makeup.

#4 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -
Another member of the "27 club".

@Sedasys said:

I hope so much that this is true.

A little bit much.
#5 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -
@Toms115 said:
let the tasteless jokes commence
I can already think of so many.
#6 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Who?

#7 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Ah the good ole' internet. Where people make slights at others deaths that really shows how shallow and heartless they really are.

It's never a good thing when someone dies, but when a celebrity dies I will agree that they should not be commercialized to seem as if they were more important that anyone else's life. I hate everything that Lady Gaga is, but if she died, it would still be just as much a tragedy as any.

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -
@Sedasys said:

I hope so much that this is true.

Seriously? The fucks wrong with you?!
#9 Posted by CastroCasper (1301 posts) -

I didn't believe you. The last story TMZ had about her before this had her looking better.

#10 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

This guy I follow on Twitter (@MarylandMudflap) said the following, which sums things up real nicely I think.

Amy Winehouse dying is a scary reminder that Keith Richards might be a cyborg.

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6420 posts) -

Damn, she was only 27? The drugs really *did* fuck her up...  

RIP. 

#12 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

I've got plenty of jokes to make about this but wont, that would just be in poor taste.  I will say this though.  I've never liked Amy Winehouse as a person nor do I much care for her music.  However it is a shame for someone to die so young.  She was only 27, that's not much older than I am. 

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Was she someone important?

#14 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

I really didn't like her music or her at all, but I really don't think she deserved it...

#15 Posted by Slaker117 (4838 posts) -

You know, that's pretty sad, but I can't say I'm surprised.

#16 Posted by Jumper (47 posts) -

The 27 Club gains another. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

#17 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Shame, she had a lot of talent. Wonderful voice.

#18 Posted by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -

I think we all saw this coming.

#19 Posted by EuanDewar (4892 posts) -

Not exactly surprising but still a shame, certainly liked a couple of her songs.

#20 Edited by MachoFantastico (4617 posts) -

Not exactly shocking news is it, apparently she had been a mess for a while now.

That said, she was talented and threw it all away with drugs and drink.

#21 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Hugs not Drugs.

#22 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

I don't know... who that is.

#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

Sad that she had such potential but the drugs and alcohol consumed those chances.

#24 Posted by smitty86 (698 posts) -

Like many I'm not surprised but it is still sad to see such a waste of talent. Now watch her label finally get out that 3rd album she was to have been working on forever and it turns out to be amazing.

#25 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

It's that she's dead, I'd never wish harm on anyone but I find it a bit sad that a person who released one half decent album 5 years ago and then proceeded to kill themselves with drink and drugs is a more important story to the media than 91 people being murdered in Oslo.

#26 Edited by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

Not particularly surprising. It's terrible to say, but she brought it upon herself. In a world where we have innocent teenagers being gunned down by a neo-nazi, I find it hard to feel much sympathy for someone dying like this.

#27 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@Buck_Sexington said:

It's that she's dead, I'd never wish harm on anyone but I find it a bit sad that a person who released one half decent album 5 years ago and then proceeded to kill themselves with drink and drugs is a more important story to the media than 91 people being murdered in Oslo.

I'm sorry if you actually think that, since the Norway shootings have gotten a tremendous amount of coverage and far more than a story first reported an hour or so ago. The media is more than capable of handling several stories at once.
#28 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

I don't really care, never liked her music & she kind of had it coming.

#29 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

As a way of remembering her, every single radio station will now play her songs constantly all day for the next month.

#30 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

Not particularly surprising. It's terrible to say, but she brought it upon herself. In a world where we have innocent teenagers being gunned down by a neo-nazi, I find it hard to feel much sympathy for someone dying like this.

My thoughts exactly.
#31 Edited by JCTango (1361 posts) -

Dang, didn't expect that to happen to her at such a young age...  Despite it all, I personally thought she had talent in her singing voice.

#32 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

It's disgusting how people make jokes about her death. It's so incredibly tasteless that I can't even comprehend it.

#33 Edited by alternate (2696 posts) -

I think you can at least feel a modicum of sympathy for both - be it innocent victims or druggies, it isn't really one of the other.

I remember she used to be on TV here in the UK a fair bit after her first album was a minor hit but before her second made her international.  She seemed really quite sweet and attractive jewish girl, if a bit eccentric with the make-up and the beehive wig.  Then she found a lot of fame and money very quickly, got all the tattoos, piercings, breast implants and went on the heroine diet.

#34 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

The question is, will you be?

#35 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Hizang said:

Hugs not Drugs.

Words of wisdom right here.
#36 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:

another MTV female "singer".. 

RIP, but i won't miss her. the more typical pop female singers disappear, the better (not by dying though, just by.. disappearing.) 
In other words, i wish this wasn't death but rather a retirement so i can say FUCK YES 
#37 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

@crusader8463 said:

The question is, will you be?

No. Of course I won't be.
#38 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

You know, that's pretty sad, but I can't say I'm surprised.
#39 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1763 posts) -
@buzz_killington said:

This guy I follow on Twitter (@MarylandMudflap) said the following, which sums things up real nicely I think.

Amy Winehouse dying is a scary reminder that Keith Richards might be a cyborg.

Might be? I think we're well beyond that at this point. 
#40 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Hendrix, Cobain, Winehouse... what's with musicians dying at the age of 27?

#41 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

She was pretty talented, but her lifestyle was extremely rocky.

#42 Posted by SefaRed (122 posts) -

That's sad to hear. There was talk of her making a comeback too. She had real talent.

#43 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -

Watch how quickly the media ditches Norway for this.

#44 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

Only 27. Poor girl.

:(

#45 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

#46 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Ouch damn.

#47 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1763 posts) -
@SquadBroken said:

Watch how quickly the media ditches Norway for this.

Really? Amy Winehouse was never that big. ODB was much bigger and his death was just a flash in the pan. I don't see this being breaking news. 
#48 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

It's always sad when things like this happen. This is why I'll never do hard drugs.

#49 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Hugs not Drugs.

#50 Posted by RTSlord (1200 posts) -

when people keep insisting you go to rehab, its probably a good idea that you go and get clean (for good)