xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By xDARKxKnight

So hello :)

Ive been here for a few weeks now (since the 3rd of August), so i thought it was about time to introduce myself and let you know some things about me, because i think im going to stick around for a while. Im going to try and make this blog short and sweet...we will see how it goes.

First off, lets get all the boring facts about me out of the way. Im a male (im hoping that was already obvious) and im 20 years old. I am currently studying Public Services because im hoping to pursue a career as a Police Officer and hopefully get into the traffic side of things (that aint going to happen straight away). I had a career in IT for a couple of years, but one day i realised that i dont want to sit in an office for the rest of my life. So, i decided to go back to studying. Which probably wasnt a wise move seeing as the economy is on its arse and i havent been able to get part time work since then but im having a good time.

Now to my gaming habits, i reckon ive been gaming for around about 13 years. I remember my first gaming experience, it was Christmas day and i got a 14" portable TV (and it was awesome back then lol) and a Sega Mega Drive. I remember vividly setting it up with my dad on the living room floor and playing the six games in one cartridge to death :D . Then a few Christmases later i got a yellow Game Boy lol, (from my Grandparents) with two Mario games ( Super Mario 2: 6 Golden Coins 
and Super Mario Land ). My most vivid memory of my time with the Game Boy is waiting months after release for Pokemon Blue. I asked for it for Christmas but my mum just couldnt get hold hold of it, i did get it in the end though. I had a good time with my Game Boy. After that i aquired a Game Boy Advance, man, what can i say? It was effin' in colour :D . Now, back to proper consoles (trying to keep it short and sweet remember). I was a late adopter to the PS1, and i only picked one up because i spent some time at my best friends house playing WWF Attitude. So a few weeks after being amazed at the PS1 i had my own and also my own copy of WWF Attitude. Im going to say the most played game on the PS1 was probably Harvest Moon! Next, came the big boy...the PS2. I can remember going into town after my Birthday and buying a PS2, i thought the box was heavy and i had to carry it on the bus. I enjoyed countless hours playing on the PS2, like im sure all of you reading this had.

Now, we're jumping ahead to October 2007, it was a wierd twist of fate but i decided to buy an Xbox 360. Its a wierd twist of fate because i couldnt stand the original Xbox and i still cant now to be honest...awful, awful controllers. Maybe this wierd twist of fate came about because it was Halloween i dont know. But anyway, yeh i bought an Xbox 360 with PGR3 and an extra controller for like £300 ($500 round about). I have never looked back with my 360, best move i ever made. Countless and countless hours playing on Xbox Live with my friends and for people who care, it has only died on me once. Now im going to be quick about this, i bought a Wii, had a for a few months, i sold my Wii and thats the end of that. Now, we're heading back to Valentines Day of this year (which was exactly three years of me being able to drive, which fits in nicely to the story). Some idiot smashed into me in September 2008 and i got some cash from an injury claim, so i bought a PS3 (and also got a new car out of it). The game that made me decide to buy a PS3 was Killzone 2 and wow, what a game. I dont have many games for my PS3, but i have been playing alot recently and thats because of Fat Princess and Battlefield 1943

Another thing, ever since i bought an Xbox 360 my interest in gaming etc increased alot and i started to look at news websites and join forums etc. I also started to listen to gaming podcasts, which i still do to this day. Even though i listen to only two now. Two is enough for me, i think you can over listen to podcasts and the two i listen to are the most entertaining in my opinion (Giant Bombcast being one of them of course).

Right, im finished! So much for short and sweet, i apologise. But thanks for reading (if you actually did read it, if not then i take my thanks back). Im an approachable guy so feel free to talk to me. If you also wanna play some online games with me then, you can add either my Gamertag of PSN name.

Gamertag: Y0urSw33t666
PSN: TDKiller

Again, thanks for reading and i hope to see you around!

xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xDARKxKnight

So hello :)

Ive been here for a few weeks now (since the 3rd of August), so i thought it was about time to introduce myself and let you know some things about me, because i think im going to stick around for a while. Im going to try and make this blog short and sweet...we will see how it goes.

First off, lets get all the boring facts about me out of the way. Im a male (im hoping that was already obvious) and im 20 years old. I am currently studying Public Services because im hoping to pursue a career as a Police Officer and hopefully get into the traffic side of things (that aint going to happen straight away). I had a career in IT for a couple of years, but one day i realised that i dont want to sit in an office for the rest of my life. So, i decided to go back to studying. Which probably wasnt a wise move seeing as the economy is on its arse and i havent been able to get part time work since then but im having a good time.

Now to my gaming habits, i reckon ive been gaming for around about 13 years. I remember my first gaming experience, it was Christmas day and i got a 14" portable TV (and it was awesome back then lol) and a Sega Mega Drive. I remember vividly setting it up with my dad on the living room floor and playing the six games in one cartridge to death :D . Then a few Christmases later i got a yellow Game Boy lol, (from my Grandparents) with two Mario games ( Super Mario 2: 6 Golden Coins 
and Super Mario Land ). My most vivid memory of my time with the Game Boy is waiting months after release for Pokemon Blue. I asked for it for Christmas but my mum just couldnt get hold hold of it, i did get it in the end though. I had a good time with my Game Boy. After that i aquired a Game Boy Advance, man, what can i say? It was effin' in colour :D . Now, back to proper consoles (trying to keep it short and sweet remember). I was a late adopter to the PS1, and i only picked one up because i spent some time at my best friends house playing WWF Attitude. So a few weeks after being amazed at the PS1 i had my own and also my own copy of WWF Attitude. Im going to say the most played game on the PS1 was probably Harvest Moon! Next, came the big boy...the PS2. I can remember going into town after my Birthday and buying a PS2, i thought the box was heavy and i had to carry it on the bus. I enjoyed countless hours playing on the PS2, like im sure all of you reading this had.

Now, we're jumping ahead to October 2007, it was a wierd twist of fate but i decided to buy an Xbox 360. Its a wierd twist of fate because i couldnt stand the original Xbox and i still cant now to be honest...awful, awful controllers. Maybe this wierd twist of fate came about because it was Halloween i dont know. But anyway, yeh i bought an Xbox 360 with PGR3 and an extra controller for like £300 ($500 round about). I have never looked back with my 360, best move i ever made. Countless and countless hours playing on Xbox Live with my friends and for people who care, it has only died on me once. Now im going to be quick about this, i bought a Wii, had a for a few months, i sold my Wii and thats the end of that. Now, we're heading back to Valentines Day of this year (which was exactly three years of me being able to drive, which fits in nicely to the story). Some idiot smashed into me in September 2008 and i got some cash from an injury claim, so i bought a PS3 (and also got a new car out of it). The game that made me decide to buy a PS3 was Killzone 2 and wow, what a game. I dont have many games for my PS3, but i have been playing alot recently and thats because of Fat Princess and Battlefield 1943

Another thing, ever since i bought an Xbox 360 my interest in gaming etc increased alot and i started to look at news websites and join forums etc. I also started to listen to gaming podcasts, which i still do to this day. Even though i listen to only two now. Two is enough for me, i think you can over listen to podcasts and the two i listen to are the most entertaining in my opinion (Giant Bombcast being one of them of course).

Right, im finished! So much for short and sweet, i apologise. But thanks for reading (if you actually did read it, if not then i take my thanks back). Im an approachable guy so feel free to talk to me. If you also wanna play some online games with me then, you can add either my Gamertag of PSN name.

Gamertag: Y0urSw33t666
PSN: TDKiller

Again, thanks for reading and i hope to see you around!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Welcome! I was a big Harvest Moon fan growing up too.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Cerza

Welcome to Giant Bomb! I too was a big Harvest Moon fan back in the day. My first one was for the N64 and I played that a lot, but I remember the one for PS1 and played that a lot too. Actually that was probably the best in the series now that I think about it. Anyway, I don't want to ramble, which I have a tendency to do. So I will say once again, welcome to Giant Bomb!

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Otacon

Welcome to the Bomb! I only bought a 360 last december so PS3 is still my main console, love Killzone 2 but haven't dived into the multiplayer yet.

xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xDARKxKnight
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Welcome! I was a big Harvest Moon fan growing up too. "
 Thanks alot :)

@Cerza said:
" Welcome to Giant Bomb! I too was a big Harvest Moon fan back in the day. My first one was for the N64 and I played that a lot, but I remember the one for PS1 and played that a lot too. Actually that was probably the best in the series now that I think about it. Anyway, I don't want to ramble, which I have a tendency to do. So I will say once again, welcome to Giant Bomb! "
Yeh i agree! It is my favourite one of the Harvest Moon series. Its the only one ive played and loved every minute of it. I took it really serious back in the day aha.

Lol, if you wanna ramble then ramble. Ill read whatever you say...you did read my blog after all :)

@Otacon said:
" Welcome to the Bomb! I only bought a 360 last december so PS3 is still my main console, love Killzone 2 but haven't dived into the multiplayer yet. "
Wow! You havent. How come? Your still stuck on the last level aint ya :P lol...

What a pain in the arse that was!
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By WitchHunter_Z
@xDARKxKnight said:
 So, i decided to go back to studying. Which probably wasnt a wise move seeing as the economy is on its arse and i havent been able to get part time work since then but im having a good time.

Hey, not true. Probably ther best time to be studying, after all, better to not be able to find a part time job while doing something useful, than unable to find a full time one sitting at home taking in the dole. Well, for most jobs anyway, the police might always be recruiting; after all, it's not like the chavs are going to stop breeding any time soon. 

Anyway, welcome to Giant Bomb.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

No Caption Provided
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax
TyphoonSwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TyphoonSwell

I also know English! Watch; "Hello. How are you?" See?! I just said "Hello. How are you?"

xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xDARKxKnight
@WitchHunter_Z said:
" @xDARKxKnight said:
 So, i decided to go back to studying. Which probably wasnt a wise move seeing as the economy is on its arse and i havent been able to get part time work since then but im having a good time.

Hey, not true. Probably ther best time to be studying, after all, better to not be able to find a part time job while doing something useful, than unable to find a full time one sitting at home taking in the dole. Well, for most jobs anyway, the police might always be recruiting; after all, it's not like the chavs are going to stop breeding any time soon.   Anyway, welcome to Giant Bomb. "
Yeh i suppose your right. Its just i cant go out as often as i can, gotta be really tight with the money etc.

@TyphoonSwell said:
" I also know English! Watch; "Hello. How are you?" See?! I just said "Hello. How are you?" "

Can you translate that please?
TyphoonSwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TyphoonSwell
@xDARKxKnight: Yesh! I posted this in English; "I also know English! Watch; "Hello. How are you?" See?! I just said "Hello. How are you?"" Ya see now? Ty knows a lot of English!

Like this: "Your name sucks, Dark Knight. You SUCK, I don't like you!" 

I said: "You have a cool name, and I like the way you use good grammar so Ty can understand better!" 
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Welcome to the forum! It is nice to see a fellow harvest moon fan.

xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xDARKxKnight
@TyphoonSwell said:
" @xDARKxKnight: Yesh! I posted this in English; "I also know English! Watch; "Hello. How are you?" See?! I just said "Hello. How are you?"" Ya see now? Ty knows a lot of English!  Like this: "Your name sucks, Dark Knight. You SUCK, I don't like you!"   I said: "You have a cool name, and I like the way you use good grammar so Ty can understand better!"  "
Haha...thanks :)

I like your humour!
TyphoonSwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TyphoonSwell
@xDARKxKnight: Thankies~ <3 I really do like your name, Knight-person! Ty is not mean!