#1 Posted by Chybius (7 posts) -

So I remember this weird game from my childhood. It was 2D and you played as frogs, I remember I played it on one computer with my little brother. You were to kill each other with the frogs, and everytime you died, there was a LOT of bloody, and eventually the map would be covered in gore. You could jump around on obstacles and there was some power-ups. I would really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction, I've been looking for this game for years.

#2 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

I have NO idea at all. You sure they were frogs?

Also, how long ago was this?

Need more details.

#3 Posted by Chybius (7 posts) -

I am pretty sure it was frogs, yes. Frogs or toads. I don't know when it was created but last time I played it was like 10 or 8 years ago. It's pretty old. The graphics were pixelated too. It might have been a freeware game that just died and is never to see daylight again, but, I hope it's still out there somewhere. My curiousity and nostaliga is killing me. ^^

#4 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -
#5 Posted by GnomeonFire (715 posts) -

@Mrsignerman44: Why you gotta be mean?

#6 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -
#7 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@GnomeonFire: What? I'm not being mean, he said toads, it's gotta be Battletoads.

#8 Posted by Chybius (7 posts) -

Unfortunately, it's neither of those. I suspect the worst but, thank you for the help anyways. gg.

#9 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Maybe some idea of what platform you saw this game was on would help as it doesn't sound familiar.

#10 Posted by Shivoa (623 posts) -

It does ring a bell (but I could be completely off here), I have a feeling I may have played it on an Acorn.

And yes, that is next to useless in actually tracking the game down (the chances are an Acorn version was a port of whatever the original release platform was).

#11 Posted by Chybius (7 posts) -

I have no memory of ever owning an Acorn, but, it's not impossible. I am 100% sure it was on a computer though, not any other consoles.

#12 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -
#13 Posted by Icemael (6315 posts) -

Sounds kind of like Liero. You play as worms in that one though.

#14 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -

Yeah thought of Liero as well, what a great game btw

#15 Posted by Clairabel (160 posts) -

This sounds really familiar somehow, but for the life of me I can't think of what it was called...

#16 Posted by Chybius (7 posts) -

It really did look like Jump 'n Bump, but it's a bit diffrent. I know it is not liero though, since I play that game on a regular basis ^^ I know the feeling all too well, Clairabel.