#1 Edited by Legion_ (1256 posts) -

Dear Marcus Beer

How anyone can sympathize with a man like you is beyond me. The voice of the little guy? You're just the voice of the entitlement society. The voice of the angry, the insecure and the simple minded. The king of turds.

"If I'm at your door, chances are you've done something to bring me there"

Really?

The thing with you, and the angry cum drinking mob you roll with, is that you attack publishers and developers over the smallest thing. You want them to fear you. You want the developers to fear the consumer. That's insane, just as I suspect you are.

And for the record, Phil Fish doesn't owe the press shit. Not the slightest little turd. He has no obligation to the press. If anything, it's the press that owe the developers everything. Their jobs, their money, and the food and shelter they buy for their families with said money.

Developers were around long before the press. Great games were around long before the press. And they'll be around long after the press has died out.

The games can live without the press, but the press can't live without the games. It's not a symbiotic relationship.

Know your fucking place, jester.

Context:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/rtqihw/annoyed-gamer-back-with-a-vengeance

#2 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5274 posts) -

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -
#4 Posted by Legion_ (1256 posts) -
#5 Edited by Yummylee (21305 posts) -
#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -
#7 Posted by Legion_ (1256 posts) -
#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

"After Fish responded, I kept quiet"

NO YOU DIDN'T! NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T! THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU DID! WHAT THE FUCK!? GO FUCK YOURSELF!

(that's what I just yelled out loud at my monitor)

#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5274 posts) -
#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@metalgearsunny said:

NO YOU DIDN'T! NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T! THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU DID! WHAT THE FUCK!? GO FUCK YOURSELF!

(that's what I just yelled out loud at my monitor)

#12 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3764 posts) -

With a name like "Annoyed Gamer", you know it's quality journalism and opinions coming your way!

#13 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

What a fucking chudd.

#14 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5274 posts) -

I'll just add that regardless of whether or not he tries to create meaningful conversations on various topics in the Industry, It's probably not the best Idea to come at everything with an aggressive demeanor and persona.

#15 Posted by Yummylee (21305 posts) -

#16 Posted by Legion_ (1256 posts) -

With a name like "Annoyed Gamer", you know it's quality journalism and opinions coming your way!

Yup. Really liked the part where he stated that everyone who wants to express their opinion needs to work at a developer/publisher for at least one year... Apparantly, you can't have a decent amount of knowledge about anything, unless you've worked hands on with it. I wonder if he realizes that he just discredited 90% of his co-workers, and 99% of his fanbase.

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -
#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

"I need to make myself look like less of a dick after bullying someone unprovoked, but I'm not willing to apologize, and I still have to act annoyed. So I guess I'll just completely disregard the entire point of all of my naysayers, and talk a bunch of shit about the media, because they didn't agree with me so fuck them. By the way gamers I'm on your side."

He should change his name to Pussy Gamer because he's not brave enough to apologize for acting like a horses ass.

#19 Edited by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@legion_:

I don't even remember responding to this dumb thread and NOW is when you decide to get all uppity about my non-remark?

#20 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

The Fish/Blow thing turned me from not caring about Marcus to hating him to his core. What he said was bad enough but seeing a full-on defense-force jump to his side just because he targeted Phil FIsh (and Jonathan Blow btw, love how people ignore that) was disgraceful. Hate of Fish all you want, but call a spade a spade: Marcus is a bully.

(but yo man this shit happened like weeks ago, fuck you too for dredging this up and getting me all mad again).

#21 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I like them both phil was great at gdc and marcus is a delightful bastard. I don't take things to serious.

#22 Posted by jimmyfenix (3837 posts) -

He should work for kotatsu.

#23 Posted by Spoonman671 (4566 posts) -

You sound like a child.

#24 Posted by Legion_ (1256 posts) -

The Fish/Blow thing turned me from not caring about Marcus to hating him to his core. What he said was bad enough but seeing a full-on defense-force jump to his side just because he targeted Phil FIsh (and Jonathan Blow btw, love how people ignore that) was disgraceful. Hate of Fish all you want, but call a spade a spade: Marcus is a bully.

(but yo man this shit happened like weeks ago, fuck you too for dredging this up and getting me all mad again).

You're too right, he's just a bully. As for the timing, he just started a new season of his show over at Gametrailers, where he disregards all the negative feedback as a conspiracy and bad journalism.

#25 Posted by Random45 (1065 posts) -

Why don't you just email him this or something so he can add it to the heaps of hate mail he doesn't read over making Phil Fish quit?

@legion_ said:

Oh, that's right, the internet.

Ah, that's why.

#26 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1543 posts) -

Marcus Beer's self-righteous internet persona is pretty insufferable, but so is yours. Calling someone a "king of turds", using "cum drinking" as an insult, and misspelling "your" isn't making you look like the voice of reason here.

And really guys, Phil Fish is not an innocent party in all of this -- he and Beer have both been insufferable jerks in their own special ways. Don't forget that this whole thing started because Fish went out of his way to be a jerk about the media asking for comment on an issue he's a huge figure in. This wouldn't have blown up the way it did if he did the thing public figures do every day and said "no comment" (or just ignored it) without making a huge mean-spirited production of it on Twitter. Fish is the guy who's told people to choke on his dick and kill themselves, rubbed his successes in others faces for no reason, and told a Japanese developer that everything his country makes is garbage. What happened with Fish was not Beer's fault, regardless of whether Beer should have said what he did.

#27 Posted by spraynardtatum (2631 posts) -

The annoyed gamer is too whiny.

#28 Edited by mlarrabee (2889 posts) -

@grantheaslip said:

Marcus Beer's self-righteous internet persona is pretty insufferable, but so is yours. Calling someone a "king of turds", using "cum drinking" as an insult, and misspelling "your" isn't making you look like the voice of reason here.

And really guys, Phil Fish is not an innocent party in all of this -- he and Beer have both been insufferable jerks in their own special ways. Don't forget that this whole thing started because Fish went out of his way to be a jerk about the media asking for comment on an issue he's a huge figure in. This wouldn't have blown up the way it did if he did the thing public figures do every day and said "no comment" (or just ignored it) without making a huge mean-spirited production of it on Twitter. Fish is the guy who's told people to choke on his dick and kill themselves, rubbed his successes in others faces for no reason, and told a Japanese developer that everything his country makes is garbage. What happened with Fish was not Beer's fault, regardless of whether Beer should have said what he did.

While I think Fish is less malicious and more inept, and that gamers' personal attacks on him have been disgraceful, this post sums up my feelings quite well.

EDIT: Oh, and the relationship between developers and press is symbiotic. Neither survives without the other.

#29 Posted by wjb (1645 posts) -

"Season 2 of Annoyed Gamer."

lol

Can't wait for the DVD box set of season one with cast commentary and gag reel!

#30 Edited by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -

The last sentence of the letter brought this to mind:

#31 Posted by Slag (4086 posts) -

@legion_ said:

Dear Marcus Beer

Know you're fucking place, jester.

or how about ignore him? If you don't watch him, he doesn't matter.

The 82,000 views of that shovel fest of a show is the real problem.

#35 Posted by GreggD (4482 posts) -

"The thing with you, and the angry cum drinking mob you roll with"

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

#36 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -
#37 Edited by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

@darthorange:

fantastic gif.

I have no idea who Marcus Beer is but you seem very upset at him. Did he kick your cat or something?

#38 Posted by TheHT (10933 posts) -

Call yourself the Annoyed Gamer, be a dick to someone, and then get uppity when "the media" judges you as a dick with a schtick on the internet. How dare they! Didn't they see that one time I got serious about depression? When I told you about that story about a kid who said something on the internet and was sent to jail?!

This knocking on the door and serving the consumer stuff is so over-the-top. There's a distinct and important difference between "kissing ass" with developers and publishers and having some sense and decency.

Then to top if off with a "white knights" and "make x thing before you comment on x thing" defense. What a bore.

@darthorange That's amazing.

#39 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@greggd said:

"The thing with you, and the angry cum drinking mob you roll with"

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh....nice bit of homophobia for ya. Great job, @legion_

#40 Posted by Rotnac (630 posts) -

Beer is a goddamn delusional clown, bully, and joke. His head is so firmly up his ass that his whole AnnoyedGamer shtick has become quite insufferable. Someone really needs to give him a reality check. He's annoyed for sure and 10x more annoying than ever.

"Voice of the little guy?" Seriously? He says this while even showing a GB page of him on his video [WARNING: FRAUD DETECTED!]. Patrick has done a fantastic job giving indie devs "a voice" and spotlight. Even the coverage of Bastion a few years ago was great too. But we all already know this... Well, everyone except Marcus-'I'm right, you're all wrong, worship me'-Beer and the sheep at GT that eat it up like he's preaching the gospel. I can't imagine there's a single human being out there begging him to cover their game.

I'm completely baffled GT/Viacom still even gives him a platform to spew his ignorant nonsense. What a life it must be to get paid to be a bully on camera and pretend to be a legitimate "games journalist".

#41 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4309 posts) -

I liked Beer way waaaaaay back when he was sorta chill. He yelled and ranted a bit, but I don't ever remember him saying anything particularly dumb. These past 1-2 years have just made me hate the guy. Starting shit with Youtubers. Starting shit with developers. His dumb annoyed gamer rants or whatever. Dude is a prime example of an asshole, at least when he's in public anyway.

#42 Edited by CrazyBagMan (836 posts) -

Oh right, that guy. I forgot and never cared that he existed.

#43 Posted by OurSin_360 (840 posts) -

You guys realize he feeds off publicity like this? Best thing to do is to just ignore him, i would have never even known who he was if it wasn't for threads on here talking about him.

#44 Posted by HerpDerp (133 posts) -

Can love bloom on the battlefield?

No.

#46 Edited by AlecOfTheWest (275 posts) -

Who? This thread hasn't done anything but convince me that you're an asshole. You'd think for a forum that gets up in arms about every little pseudo-progressive issue we could avoid terms like "cum drinkers", but whatever.

#47 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I'm glad that Phil is gone. If anything the people who still admire that asshole are the cum drinkers.

@mariachimacabre Are you saying that women don't drink cum? That's so sexist!

#48 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@nekroskop said:

I'm glad that Phil is gone. If anything the people who still admire that asshole are the cum drinkers.

@mariachimacabre Are you saying that women don't drink cum? That's so sexist!

If you don't think he's using that as an equivalent to calling them "f*gs", you're delusional.

#49 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (477 posts) -
#50 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1555 posts) -

@legion_ said:

Dear Marcus Beer

How anyone can sympathize with a man like you is beyond me. The voice of the little guy? You're just the voice of the entitlement society. The voice of the angry, the insecure and the simple minded. The king of turds.

While I not agree with everything he says I like the dude ... so, thanks.