#1 Edited by Frenden (42 posts) -

When the crew overlay their mugs at the borders of gameplay videos, it makes for decent life drawing. Go figure! Drawn on my phone.

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3917 posts) -

This is great!

Jeff's hair has the right amount of crazy.

#3 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Nice!

#4 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Superb job, buddy!

#5 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Damn, that's really good

#6 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Cool! If you do more of these it would be nice if you uploaded them, so we could use them as wallpapers for our phones.

#7 Posted by Danteveli (1186 posts) -

Great job plus nice setup for watching content.

#8 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

That is pretty badass, nice job duder

#9 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I agree.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Way to go dude.

#11 Edited by Frenden (42 posts) -

@snail: I'll probably post some more. Drew, in particular, sits almost perfectly still while his head is framed in the overlaid cast portraits during videos. It's rad/convenient to watch and use them for life drawing.

Thanks, dudes!

#12 Posted by Linkster7 (1026 posts) -

That's very Titanic of you.
Also awesome.

#13 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
@frenden said:

@snail:

I'll probably post some more. Drew, in particular, sits almost perfectly still while his head is framed in the overlaid cast portraits during videos. It's rad/convenient to watch and use them for life drawing.

He does have a great posture.

Looking forward to that then!

#14 Edited by Animasta (14692 posts) -

that picture makes Jeff look like a boxer

superb job

#15 Posted by TheHT (11299 posts) -

looks like a street fighter character. well done!

#16 Edited by ichthy (517 posts) -

Man, people that can draw...

#17 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Jeff's wearing Eliza's collar!

#18 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Wait. You did that without even pausing the video? That's amazing!

#19 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

That's great, especially for something done on a phone. I kind of wish there was a stylus for the iPhone sometimes.

#20 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

Dude that's awesome! If you can somehow manage to draw the rest of the crew like that and put them side by side, it would make a great wallpaper

#21 Posted by believer258 (11922 posts) -

Five minutes ago I would have said that drawing on a phone is damn near impossible.

#22 Posted by GnaTSoL (793 posts) -

I don't understand how anyone could draw on such a small screen. Do you zoom?

#23 Edited by Frenden (42 posts) -

There aren't a lot of things I can do that simultaneously entertain me and afford me a chance to lifedraw, so the TNTs are a pretty rad deal for a dude like me.

On drawing with the phone, It's a pretty big screen, all told. At 5.5," it just about matches the height of my Kindle paperwhite. It's just narrower. I zoom a bit, but not a ton. You can noodle too much in a single spot and lose track of how a piece looks as a whole if you zoom to far in and linger there.

I've used graphics tablets/tablet monitors for a little more than a decade for my work, so I think I'm just comfortable with a stylus:

#24 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

That is pretty great. Good job, sir!

#25 Posted by Humanity (9279 posts) -

@frenden: Do you have a website or something, would be interested in seeing more of your work.

#26 Posted by Meepasaurus (216 posts) -

Awesome work! Now you have to do the others.

#27 Edited by Frenden (42 posts) -

@humanity: Most of what I've done that I like in the last couple of years is NDA, but I post sketches to Instagram, tweet about games and art, and have a Tumblr that gets updated very often (like this post about the artwork I did for Nimblebit on Tiny Tower).

Some of my older work (that I sort of hate at this point, but which I can show), can be seen at my Flickr.

@Meepasaurus: I'm sure I will. I had one of Drew I really liked (Jeff is just the second I've done - I just got the phone a week or so ago), but I didn't save it, natch.

#28 Edited by Frenden (42 posts) -

Doodling Brad "I should be on staff" Muir while watching the Double Fine Brutal Legend TNT.

#29 Edited by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

This stuff is pretty great. For some reason I never thought of sketching the guys during TNT. I'll have to give it a shot.

#30 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

yo bro i'mma let you finish and you're pretty good but i used my superior skillz to fix it up for you. joking aside- really nice work!

#31 Edited by Frenden (42 posts) -

^ More accurate.

#32 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1701 posts) -
#33 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Wow. You really know how to use a stylus. Looking forward to your next contribution.

#34 Posted by probablytuna (3667 posts) -

This is very inspiring stuff, awesome job!

#35 Edited by SkankinPacman (77 posts) -

This is pretty awesome. I always wished I had crazy awesome art skills.

#36 Posted by MegaLombax (391 posts) -

Thats crazy good man. Awesome job.

#38 Edited by kristov_romanov (459 posts) -

@frenden said:

When the crew overlay their mugs at the borders of gameplay videos, it makes for decent life drawing. Go figure! Drawn on my phone.

I am always in awe of people with artistic ability. I can't even draw a straight line for a stick figure.

Good work dude!

#39 Posted by Frenden (42 posts) -

Thanks, dudes! I just noodle on these from the couch on my phone. I've got a few ideas for actual pieces related to the crew and might get those off the ground, freelance willing, soon.