#5251 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

@bocam said:

I wanted the gay swimming anime to be an actual thing so fucking badly.

The second and also final Chuu2 novel introduces a rival love interest so expect cat fights galore in the second season.

I'm not into dudes, but I would take the gay swimming team anime with all the hot half naked guys in it over another season of Chuu2, any day of the year. Chuu2 was okay (kind of meh), but I don't want to see more of it, I had my fill for a looong time.

#5252 Posted by Petiew (1328 posts) -

@cloudenvy: He directed episode 5 and onwards of Lucky Star I think? Alright, I'm in!

@bocam: Chuu2 apparently didn't follow the novels much. Kumin and Dekkomori were anime original, and they altered Nibutani a lot too. Like you said though I'm sure that'll be the premise of season 2, but hopefully they can change things up a bit again as I heard the novels were lacking compared to the show. Hopefully more comedy than drama though!

#5253 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

When Chuunibyou came out I thought the show and the "disease" or whatever were an amusing little thing but I think I've seen enough of it and I would really like for the popularity of the syndrome to go the hell away because those characters have become very annoying.

#5254 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -
#5255 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

@turambar: Recently finished i too. And yeah, the tank fights are actually a lot of fun. That show has more merits than it deserves. It gets bonus points for going all the way with it's silly premise. :D

#5256 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

I did not cry during the last episode of Gintama, but... damn I was struggling with my tears.

#5257 Edited by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

An internet friend pointed me towards Datenshi Gakuen Debipara, which feels like it's taking the piss out of Persona without actually saying it.

#5258 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

Finished watching Girls und Panzer and have to say it's the greatest sport anime I've ever seen. For some reason I keep on wondering why it's a girls only sport in that universe

Also does any one know if the Blast of Tempest anime and manga ending is the same thing since both ended around the same time

#5259 Edited by mao16 (107 posts) -

So after finishing Bioshock Infinite I decided to watch something low key. Against my better judgment I watched Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru since a certain fansub group did it last year. Harem with an actually decent plot.... a bit too much plot but... decently done. Does not compute. My head hurts now.

I'll give pretty much anything a shot so my backlog is getting pretty ridiculous now, especially since I have less and less time now. Since I procrastinate like hell and watch random stuff at whim instead of working on my lists (see above) here's a one of the lists of stuff I made sometime last year of stuff I might watch. Items marked with a (?) are things I might watch. Pick anything not marked with a (?) and i'll watch it next. Pick anything with a (?), give me a good reason and i'll watch it next.

Natsume Yujin-Cho

Otome Yokai Zakuro

Togainu no Chi -Bloody Curs (?)

Bakuman

Katanagatari

Hanasaku Iroha

re-watch Bakemonogatari

Fractale

Freezing (?)

IS – Infinite Stratos (?)

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

Dog Days (?)

Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai

Moshidora

Softenni

Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) (?)

Ben-To (?)

Blood-C (?)

Dantalian no Shoka (?)

Dragon Crisis (?)

Freezing (?)

GOSICK (?)

Guilty Crown

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

Kamisama Dolls

Mayo Chiki!

Rio Rainbow Gate (?)

Mirai Nikki

#5260 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

@mao16: Instead of rewatching Bakemonogatari, watch Nisemonogatari for start, then Bakuman, Katanagatari, Natsume Yujin-Cho and lastly Hanasaku Iroha.

#5261 Posted by EXTomar (4494 posts) -

If you wanted to watch something low key and low energy, you should have just gone with fluffy stuff like Idolmaster. :)

#5262 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

The Magi anime went full retard.

#5263 Posted by Wilshere (287 posts) -

Halfway through Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

So many feels...

Recently i found out that there is still more stuff outside of the series.

#5264 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@mao16: Instead of rewatching Bakemonogatari, watch Nisemonogatari for start, then Bakuman, Katanagatari, Natsume Yujin-Cho and lastly Hanasaku Iroha.

How could you leave Nekomonogatari out of that? You're a bad person!

#5265 Posted by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

@mao16: Ben-to and Kamisama Dolls. Give them a shot.

#5266 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

@cloudenvy: But I was good enough to mention Nise, and to be fair, Neko is still in my backlog so I can't comment on its quality (I can come up with more bullshit reasons and not admit that I just forgot about it.) And I never said I'm a good person in the first place >:3 Kukuku

#5267 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@alexandersheen: You should get on that. : (

As a little side-note: This made me smile the most today.

#5268 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Womp womp womp.

Poor host, though! It must have been awkward for the guy!

#5269 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@cloudenvy said:

Womp womp womp.

Poor host, though! It must have been awkward for the guy!

I don't know, I think it would've been more awkward for a room full of people to admit that they love looking at hot loli-butts! The outcome we got is hilarious either way.

#5270 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

@cloudenvy: Dude, I was watching anime 8 hours straight yesterday and I'm still not even close to the end of my list. I'm trying.

#5271 Edited by golguin (3842 posts) -

@wraith1 said:

Finished watching Girls und Panzer and have to say it's the greatest sport anime I've ever seen. For some reason I keep on wondering why it's a girls only sport in that universe

Also does any one know if the Blast of Tempest anime and manga ending is the same thing since both ended around the same time

I think I'm going to watch the last few episodes today since they finally came out on crunchyroll.

#5272 Edited by Bocam (3670 posts) -

670 bucks for the BD Box set of Gurren Lagann from Aniplex of America. Go fuck yourself Aniplex of America. If I import it from Japan it's only 491 bucks.

#5273 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@bocam said:

670 bucks for the BD Box set of Gurren Lagann from Aniplex of America. Go fuck yourself Aniplex of America.

As if any of us expected anything different!

#5274 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@bocam said:

670 bucks for the BD Box set of Gurren Lagann from Aniplex of America. Go fuck yourself Aniplex of America. If I import it from Japan it's only 491 bucks.

Ugh, Christ. I had to look for that because it sounded like a scam but it's not...

...well, it still sounds like a scam, but it's coming from a seeming legit company, maybe? No way is the stuff in that thing worth ~$500.

#5275 Edited by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

@bocam said:

Does Aniplex of Anime still expect people to pay that much for their BD box sets?

#5276 Edited by mao16 (107 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I tend to try and not watch too many show's I know will be good in a row. I'm weird like that and need fluff in-between them. Guess i'll take the suggestions and just mix in those shows in between. BD for Nisemonogatari aren't out yet, Bakuman is 75 eps long so far... i'll do it later. Oh Hanasaku Iroha is a P.A. work. Well guess i'll watch that tonight. This asking random people on the internet instead of people I know is working for some reason.

@wraith1 said:

@bocam said:

Does Aniplex of Anime still expect people to pay that much for their BD box sets?

Do they still think it's the 90s where we would pay that much for manga?

#5277 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@wraith1 said:

@bocam said:

People (myself included) bought those $350+ Fate/Zero box sets

#5278 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

@bocam: Yeah I was also one of those people that bought the Fate/Zero boxsets and I even bought the Kara no Kyoukai bd but I'm not sure I can afford this

#5279 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Hey you guys, ACE is going on so get ready for promo extravaganza!

(Ugh, why Silver Link)

From the guys that brought you Jojo's Bizarre Adventure comes:

And here's a teaser for the third Madoka Magica movie with English subs! If you don't have a Nico account AnimeNewsNetwork has it embedded here.

P.S. It looks amazing.

#5280 Edited by mao16 (107 posts) -

While waiting for Hanasaku I watched Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai on a whim and damn I've missed out. SO well done, I've never teared up so much in one show, much less one that's only 11 eps long. I can't believe that this many good amazing shows came out these last few years... incidentally when I started to watch less and less. It's like every show i'm watching that I expect to be good turns out amazing instead and the ones that I expect to be decent/ fluff turn out good. Maybe it's the caffeine and watching early in the morning but 5 in a row can't be a fluke. It might be time to start watching practically everything again.

#5281 Edited by madpierrot (67 posts) -

So I live in Japan and last week I went to see the new Die Hard movie. Well one of the previews was for the new DragonBall Z movie that's coming out. I know this might sound really dumb, but man if seeing a preview for that on the big screen with the surround sound didn't get me pumped up, haha. I know DBZ isn't some masterpiece, but man I can't help, but love it for all it's stupid glory and this movie looks like it is just going for that full, overblown, insane, epicness that makes DBZ fun. I might actually have to buy a ticket and go see that when it comes out.

And just one more thing. When did buying anime box sets cost nearly $700!! I haven't bought any anime in a long time aside from a random movie here and there, but 7 - 8 years ago I use to buy a decent amount and even though it's Blue Ray that just seems beyond insane.

#5282 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4282 posts) -

Anyone ever read Nickelodeon by any chance? I happened to stumble upon it a few days ago and i'm really diggin it. It's a manga about a bunch of short, one-off stories, but some of them tie into each other, but not in any really meaningful way. The stories seem to be all over the place in terms of tone too. One minute, you'll be reading a weird love story, the next time you'll be reading one about a teenage girl who is looking for...well...

@mao16: I know how you feel. There was a good one year-ish period where I didn't really keep up with anything new coming out, then I decided to jump back in and saw I was missing out on a lot of really good stuff. And yeah, I feel like I'm getting blindsided a lot more these days. If you asked me what I thought about something like GJ-bu or Tamako Market a few months ago, I would've been more than ready to call them shit, but here we are now after I've seen them and I gotta tell ya, I freaking loved those shows.

And just one more thing. When did buying anime box sets cost nearly $700!! I haven't bought any anime in a long time aside from a random movie here and there, but 7 - 8 years ago I use to buy a decent amount and even though it's Blue Ray that just seems beyond insane.

Your guess is as good as mine. I was more than ready to buy that Kara no Kyoukai box set...then I saw the price and I cried both inside and out.

And now, it's time for another random thought that has nothing to do with anything:

Can we all agree Ayaka Saito's voice is simply magical and therefore, by default, makes Hitomi the best character in Minami-ke...

#5283 Posted by Petiew (1328 posts) -

Maybe removing all of the boring tedious gameplay, reused areas and enemies, and the terrible quest system will make the Neptunia anime somewhat decent. Or not, It'll probably be terrible. I still regret buying Mk2 for full price.

@madpierrot: Blurays especially have been expensive for a long time. For currently airing series they usually put them out in 3/4 episodes per box, 5400 yen seems like a pretty standard price for 1 volume.

#5284 Edited by smcn (875 posts) -

Haha! Commie tossed a SMT/Persona reference into their Maoyuu fansub (one episode behind, curse my desire for consistency):

#5285 Edited by Bocam (3670 posts) -

Here's the SG trailer subbed.

This is some depressing shit.

#5286 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Another Ace Promo go:

Alright guys, calling it: Sleeper hit of the season.

#5287 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

lmao Hyperdimension Neptunia anime. I'll watch it. It'll be weird to hear the JP voices at this point though.

@babychoochoo agreed on Hitomi. What a voice.

#5288 Edited by golguin (3842 posts) -

I finished watching Girls und Panzer and I really enjoyed the tactics at the end. Good to hear that there is going to be another Fate series.

#5289 Edited by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

@babychoochoo: Dowman Sayman is fucking insane. A good, creative kind of insane, but still pretty insane. Check out The Voynich Hotel or Oddman 11 if you can.

#5290 Posted by Slay3r1583 (600 posts) -

I'm so hyped for the Neptunia anime. I had so much fun playing Mk2. It's probably just a case of me having terrible taste though.

Hey you guys, ACE is going on so get ready for promo extravaganza!

From the guys that brought you Jojo's Bizarre Adventure comes:

#5291 Posted by Petiew (1328 posts) -

I got through 26 episodes of the AKB anime and only just realised Watanabe Mayu is Chieri's voice actress. The weird part is the fact there's a Watanabe Mayu character, voiced by someone else. It explains why she got like 10x the amount of votes compared to everyone else in the character polls at least.

Since the season is pretty much wrapped up now, what've you guys enjoyed the most?

#5292 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@petiew said:

I got through 26 episodes of the AKB anime and only just realised Watanabe Mayu is Chieri's voice actress. The weird part is the fact there's a Watanabe Mayu character, voiced by someone else. It explains why she got like 10x the amount of votes compared to everyone else in the character polls at least.

Since the season is pretty much wrapped up now, what've you guys enjoyed the most?

Uhhh. Man, I don't know... This season has been, as expected, pretty weak in most genres but if I'm allowed to choose a carry-over from fall it'd be Zetsuen no Tempest! Such grand theatricality done well doesn't show up in anime often enough, it's one of the few cases where Bones' larger-than-life sense of style really benefits the show. I can't wait to get another season started and have this thread more active again with a stronger season!

And if you'll allow me to do a little advertising for some people I think do a really great job: Melodic Taste. They make orchestral arrangements of anime themes and release them at Comiket and such. Their albums are titled Anime Orchestra with 3 volumes so far, I'd just like to encourage everyone to check them out! Here's To The Beginning of Fate/Zero fame from Anime Orchestra III:

#5293 Posted by TruthTellah (8528 posts) -

@bocam said:

Woah, I thought it was just a sort of reimagining of the original series. So it's an all new tale starring Kurisu? My interest just went from "meh" to "Bring it on!"

#5294 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4282 posts) -

@dochaus said:

@babychoochoo: Dowman Sayman is fucking insane. A good, creative kind of insane, but still pretty insane. Check out The Voynich Hotel or Oddman 11 if you can.

Thanks for the recommendations. I started reading Voynich Hotel and words cannot describe how little I understand what's going on right now. I'm really liking it though...I think...lol

#5295 Edited by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@bocam said:

Woah, I thought it was just a sort of reimagining of the original series. So it's an all new tale starring Kurisu? My interest just went from "meh" to "Bring it on!"

The only things known about the plot are that Okabe has brain damage and that he going to be slowly erased from the world.

#5296 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

And if you'll allow me to do a little advertising for some people I think do a really great job: Melodic Taste. They make orchestral arrangements of anime themes and release them at Comiket and such. Their albums are titled Anime Orchestra with 3 volumes so far, I'd just like to encourage everyone to check them out! Here's To The Beginning of Fate/Zero fame from Anime Orchestra III:

I was totally there when you made that discovery!

They're definitely really intense though. They will orchestrate anything even if it's the last thing you expected to get orchestrated. (*cough* Nyaruko *cough*)

#5297 Posted by TruthTellah (8528 posts) -

@bocam said:

@truthtellah said:

@bocam said:

The only things known about the plot are that Okabe has brain damage and that he going to be slowly erased from the world.

I like it. Though, if he got brain damage from the time travel, won't that mean that Kurisu is damaging her brain to undo his damage? Seems like she may be sacrificing herself for him while still wanting to find a way to be with him. Which sounds pretty Steins;Gatey to me.

#5298 Edited by Wraith1 (555 posts) -
#5299 Posted by Sergio (2047 posts) -

@babychoochoo agreed on Hitomi. What a voice.

This is crazy talk. You can say best seiyu if you want, but best character only has two choices: Kana or Chiaki.

Bakayaro!

#5300 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@sergio: To heck with those two! Fujioka 4 life!

I didn't realize I was voting Hitomi as best character. I need to learn to read better. (she is one of my favourite characters though)