#5351 Edited by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

I have never seen Oreimo so I have no idea what any guys are talking about

#5352 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@bocam said:

@alexandersheen: You're wrong, Ayase is the best girl and I'll KILL anyone who says otherwise

How in the world is this the one thing we agree on?!

#5354 Edited by Petiew (1344 posts) -
Ayase and Saori? Don't you mean Kuroneko?

I warned you guys this would happen

@tobbrobb I don't know, Oreimo is pretty much a harem.

#5355 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

And this is the part where I say Manami just to fuck with everyone here.

#5356 Posted by Bocam (3706 posts) -

JoJo Part 3 anime confirmed

#5357 Edited by rubberluffy (445 posts) -
@bocam said:

JoJo Part 3 anime confirmed

#5358 Posted by jiggajoe14 (664 posts) -

The reaction to Aku no Hana is hysterical.

#5359 Posted by golguin (3869 posts) -

Little Witch Academia is out and subbed and I must say that Trigger did a fan-fucking-tastic job. A visual tour-de-force that feels like it came straight out of old-school Gainax (which makes sense since all of Gainax's talent migrated to Trigger, R.I.P Gainax) with way more frames than a half hour short is probably allowed to have and the story was entertaining to boot. Highly recommended if you have half an hour in your life to dedicate to top-notch entertainment! Trailer if anyone wants to peek at what it is:

If this is what their young animators can do then I'm positively giddy to see the new Imaishi project, regardless of how much I loathed Panty & Stocking.

Bring it on, Trigger.

Is this Little Witch Academia subbed anywhere official?

#5360 Posted by madpierrot (67 posts) -

Hey you guys, it's that time of the year where it seems like KyoAni is actually trying, once in every blue moon. They announced an adaptation of a novel they published called Kyoukai no Kanata, the novel recieved an honorable mention in the novel category in the 2nd Kyoto Animation Awards in 2011. Here's a commercial they did for the novel:

Here's a synopsis of the story (spoiler-tagged for anyone who wants to stay completely in the dark):

The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

Wow, that looks... incredible. It's been a while where I've taken note of a series before it's release and was really anticipating the first episode, but this is looking like it might be that.

I'm trying to check out this spring season a bit more closely. It'd be nice to find a good show instead of going to my old staples like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell SAC and Mushishi.

#5361 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

Talking about "the greatest shitstorm the internet has ever seen", how about Aku no Hana? I had no desire whatsoever to touch this one, but after hearing all the negativity, I changed my mind and wanted to see it for myself what's the deal. So...

This technique called Rotoscoping. "Rotoscoping is an animation technique in which animators trace over footage, frame by frame, for use in live-action and animated films."

The characters and the way they animate look weird, I agree, but the background art looks really good. And because of the animation, the VO is different from the usual too. They probably used the sound of the live-action footage, so it doesn't sound as sharp... or well acted.

But other than that, it was what I imagined it will be: creepy, dark and very slow.

#5362 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@alexandersheen: Start acting like this show doesn't exist while you're ahead, for your own sake.

#5363 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

@cloudenvy: Will do! Also, my gifs work again :D

#5364 Edited by Bocam (3706 posts) -

@alexandersheen: People don't like Aku no Hana because it looks like shit

In other news the BGM in Date a Live is insane.

#5365 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

@bocam: Yeah, I get that the characters look bad, but the background is not, at least I think it's not.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/cd12ecacc18adaf4f315f44ca177db09/tumblr_mkubitJzuh1r012yho1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/419e1c486f36ac43d2cc3bc23c8abe6e/tumblr_mkubitJzuh1r012yho4_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/db37620e9a252944bd003699def070fa/tumblr_mkubitJzuh1r012yho7_1280.jpg

#5366 Posted by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

why is there a sudden use of film grain during Date a Live? was there any reason for that to happen?

#5367 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Fucking hype.

@wraith1: I literally can't think of any other explanation other than "Because AIC".

#5368 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -
#5369 Posted by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

Little Busters! Refrain confirmed

#5370 Posted by Rehtayne (127 posts) -

@wraith1: I'm torn by this. I'm absolutely thrilled to see Refrain animated, but I'm also terrified that they're going to screw it all up.

#5371 Edited by golguin (3869 posts) -

@bocam said:

@alexandersheen: People don't like Aku no Hana because it looks like shit

In other news the BGM in Date a Live is insane.

I saw part of the first episode and I get a sense of where it's going (never read the manga) and I don't think I want to go there. It's also a poor use of rotoscoping since they aren't adding any sense of style on top of it.

To be clear, is that super awkward dude...

going to end up raping that one chick? The one that the other guy said was rocking the bush. I'm guessing he's going to become some kind of crazy killer rapey dude and that loner chick is going to help. Am I right?

#5372 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4362 posts) -
"Will you fertilize these for me?"

This show is dumb in the best way possible and therefore right up my alley.

#5373 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Wow, I'm kinda speechless.

#5374 Edited by Azurath (294 posts) -
#5375 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
#5376 Posted by Sergio (2080 posts) -

Fucking hype.

Just finished the first episode. Phenomenal.

#5377 Edited by jiggajoe14 (664 posts) -

At some point I will watch a show from the fall or winter season.....thought Aku no Hana might be it due to the director buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut......

Edit: Actually JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is also on that list...but that's really it.

#5378 Posted by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

watched the first episode of Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge and I can't tell what genre this show falls under

#5379 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1375 posts) -

@sergio said:

@cloudenvy said:

Fucking hype.

Man just came in here, saw the opening, and just went to watch it......the word phenomenal definitely appropriate. Glad i decided to visit this thread cause i had no idea that that show even existed

#5380 Edited by Sergio (2080 posts) -

@wraith1: Seemed like it was a blend of supernatural, romance, and crime/action.

#5381 Edited by Sergio (2080 posts) -

I'm hooked.

#5382 Posted by Bocam (3706 posts) -

@golguin: No, that doesn't happen. Let's just say the way the story goes is totally unexpected.

#5383 Edited by TruthTellah (8725 posts) -

@bocam said:

@golguin: No, that doesn't happen. Let's just say the way the story goes is totally unexpected.

So, the story slowly turns into the plot of Lucky Star and it ends up being the feel-good hit of the season? :D

#5384 Edited by golguin (3869 posts) -

@sergio said:

@cloudenvy said:

Fucking hype.

Man just came in here, saw the opening, and just went to watch it......the word phenomenal definitely appropriate. Glad i decided to visit this thread cause i had no idea that that show even existed

I had seen the trailer a few months back, but had forgotten about it. Just saw the first episode and it was pretty damn good. I really like the premise and the fighting seems to be pretty dynamic.

#5385 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@golguin said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

@sergio said:

@cloudenvy said:

Fucking hype.

I had seen the trailer a few months back, but had forgotten about it. Just saw the first episode and it was pretty damn good. I really like the premise and the fighting seems to be pretty dynamic.

Even better news, the script writer revealed on Twitter that it's going to run for half a year. If they can keep this up for 24 or so episodes without a huge drop in quality which is bound to happen at some point, then that's all kinds of fantastic.

#5386 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

@cloudenvy said:

@golguin said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

@sergio said:

Even better news, the script writer revealed on Twitter that it's going to run for half a year. If they can keep this up for 24 or so episodes without a huge drop in quality which is bound to happen at some point, then that's all kinds of fantastic.

Thanks for the link, (Also Little Witch Academia and the Trigger teaser. I loved Panty & Stocking, so I'm excited) had no idea this show existed and that first episode is really good. Hopefully not setting the bar too high, I really loved the ending

#5387 Edited by forestd (18 posts) -

@cloudenvy said:

@golguin said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

@sergio said:

Thanks for the link, (Also Little Witch Academia and the Trigger teaser. I loved Panty & Stocking, so I'm excited) had no idea this show existed and that first episode is really good. Hopefully not setting the bar too high, I really loved the ending

Having read most of the manga, I'm pretty darn excited to see everything animated on the big screen, especially when the first episode nails everything about the series like a hammer.

I also really liked how well the high-flying acrobatics with spiderman-hookshots translate into animation, which should make for some crazy-awesome action scenes if the budget can keep up.

#5388 Posted by Mezmero (1858 posts) -

JoJo has been absolutely incredible. Joseph is like Macguyver, Batman, Bruce Lee, and Indiana Jones rolled into one proving why he's still my favorite Joestar of all time. Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing Cars can do. He's just floating in a most-a peculiar way. I'm curious to see if they can actually make me like Jotaro who is my least favorite Joestar. His stoic badass routine is just so bland compared to the rest. Can not wait for them to start production on part 3 even if it takes a while. The original OVA was okay but that music was a terrible fit even for the time. Sounded like something you'd hear out of a really bad 90's hentai. You know, as opposed to all those good ones...

#5389 Posted by jiggajoe14 (664 posts) -

Going to watch Barefoot Gen for the first time today. Pretty hyped to finally get to it.

#5390 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@sergio said:

@cloudenvy said:

Fucking hype.

Yeah I was surprise d too. Started reading the manga some time ago but it was too fucked up for me. But now I can watch all these fucked up moments as Anime XD

#5391 Posted by rubberluffy (445 posts) -

@darji said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

@sergio said:

@cloudenvy said:

Fucking hype.

Yeah I was surprise d too. Started reading the manga some time ago but it was too fucked up for me. But now I can watch all these fucked up moments as Anime XD

I started reading the manga yesterday before I watched episode 1. Read half of what is out so far, watched the episode today, then continued reading and caught up. Good stuff.

#5392 Edited by Mezmero (1858 posts) -

@darji said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

@sergio said:

@cloudenvy said:

Fucking hype.

I started reading the manga yesterday before I watched episode 1. Read half of what is out so far, watched the episode today, then continued reading and caught up. Good stuff.

Pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

#5393 Edited by Wraith1 (560 posts) -

Watched the following first episodes of:

• Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos W. Basically the same stuff from the first season with jokes that makes references to a other shows
  • Suisei no Gargantia. Solid episode and I really liked what I watched. Waiting to see if Urobutcher will strike again. Favorite line from the show "Those were staements regarding reproduction with one's mother, as well as sanctified excrement."
  • Attack on Titan. It was really excellent, I'm excited to see more
#5394 Edited by Aomine (18 posts) -

Do any of you read Manga? I'm currently following Yotsubato!, Gambling Emperor Zero: Gyanki Arc and The Breaker: New Waves. I've completed Battle Royale a while ago and really liked it. The second part was the worst Manga I've ever read, and no one should read it. I prefer Manga to Anime since there's a lot bigger variety, and it's much easier to digest while getting even more out of the story than if I were to watch Anime.

#5395 Edited by supamon (1333 posts) -

Shingeki no Kyojin looks promising! Hopefully it'll stay worth watching as I've only been watching Psycho Pass and Space Brothers on and off.

The buzz around Aku no Hana made me go check out the manga and I went from confusion to "wtf is this" to intrigued and sort of understanding it. Having read some of the manga now, I have no idea why it's being made into an anime. Most people would check out before it leads to anything good.

#5396 Edited by PenguinDust (12484 posts) -

The new season is just beginning and for me that means it's time to checkout the previous one. Any suggestions? I'll watch just about anything, but I prefer lighter fare. I didn't pay too much attention to the winter season, so I don't remember what premiered. Please don't recommend anything older than last season because I'm probably already aware of those shows. Also, if it's continuing through the current season, I won't look at it until it's over.

#5397 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4362 posts) -

@aomine: I think most people in this thread read or have read manga at some point so you'll have plenty of people to talk to haha. Personally, I love Yotsubato! Probably one of my current favorites. I've skimmed a few chapters of The Breaker a while ago, but just haven't decided to dive into it yet. Looks good though.

There's quite a few other series I read, but the only one I feel the need to constantly recommend is Medaka Box. It's the highlight of my manga week. Well, that and Girls of the Wild's.

@penguindust: Sasami-san and GJ-bu would probably be my top picks. I enjoyed Tamako Market for what it was. I say give it a shot, but if you don't think it's for you then you honestly aren't missing out on much if you decide to drop it. Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shurabasugiru wasn't complete shit, but the more I dwell on it, the more that show only serves to remind me why I can't stand most of these fucking harem shows anymore. Ooooooo, Cuticle Detective Inaba was another one I really enjoyed, but I enjoy really dumb, self-aware stuff sometimes and it served that purpose admirably. Like Tamako though, if you decide to give it a shot and aren't really into it, dropping it wouldn't be a major loss.

#5398 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

@aomine: Your username is Aomine and you don't read Kuroko no Basket? Maybe you just forgot to mention it, but if not, you should read it.

#5399 Edited by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

@penguindust: Love Live is pretty fun to watch. No fan service and fun character interactions.

#5400 Edited by TobbRobb (4590 posts) -

@supamon said:
Having read some of the manga now, I have no idea why it's being made into an anime. Most people would check out before it leads to anything good.

I have a pretty good feeling it never will. Having the anime adaptation be this butchered is pretty hilarious since I thought the source was shit to begin with.

@penguindust: For lighter fare you should definitely watch Girls und Panzer. Sasami-San is insane and nonsensical, but in a pretty light way. You might also like Tamako Market even if I didn't. Kotoura-san didn't look terrible, but I dropped it too early to tell for sure.

Also just to chip in. The Attack on Titan manga is awesome, and the anime looks great too. SO WEEEE. Also the OP is stuck in my head forever.