#5601 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@alexandersheen: It got out of hand a long time ago, I'm afraid.

Very much so. And this is probably still the best.

#5602 Edited by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

The SnK OP is way over used, so is SnK OP the new Guile's theme goes with everything?

#5603 Edited by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

Did anyone catch the final chapter of Medaka box?

It's crazy that all the power go away when they become adults, kind of a silly way to turn them back into normal people. Also loved how Zen's marrage proposal was a fight with Medaka.

#5604 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@petiew said:

@blatantninja23: I dunno, I think it'd be harder to pull off in this case, since they're kind of required to be shirtless for swimming. I don't think any of them look particuarly reverse trap like. Do fujoshis like reverse trap characters anyway?

Wasn't referring to Free! :) The only trap that show will have, is me like a show about a male swim team.

@blatantninja23: To be fair, I don't have a problem with trap (and reverse-trap) characters, in some cases I really like them, but it starts to become the new romcom cliche to me. The gentle, kind and unselfish girl turns out to be a boy (at first at least.) And I brought up Kaoru and Totsuka because on top of that, they look almost identical.

We all know Hideyoshi is the greatest male female character in a long time. At least in his case it's not a trap and it's used for humor.

Also after looking into Oreshura

Kaoru totally is a girl.

#5605 Posted by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

@blatantninja23: what are you talking about? Hideyoshi is neither male or female. Hideyoshi is a Hideyoshi

#5606 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4681 posts) -

@blatantninja23: I know that Kaoru is a girl, but in everyone's (except in Fuyuumi's) eyes she's a boy.

#5607 Posted by metalsnakezero (2273 posts) -

@moab said:

aku no hana gives me the willies

Yeah, that series will do that to you.

#5608 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@wraith1 said:

The SnK OP is way over used, so is SnK OP the new Guile's theme goes with everything?

Judging by this playlist, not yet.

#5609 Posted by Optix12 (576 posts) -

slightly off centre to the current anime in discussion but you guys just got me into Aku No Hana and another anime viewing run. It also made me read the manga, which I have never really done. I think the main reason I was drawn into it is due to rotoscoping which I have always found a great art tool.

Finished school days not long ago and was probably my first step into the "harem" genre. Still questionable on that kind of anime in that if it possibly goes too far with the young ecchi business (oretachi ni tsubasa wa na was one I turned off within the first episode) I will give up on it but recently just started Hell girl ( Jigoku Shojo).

End of that aside.

#5610 Posted by golguin (3674 posts) -

@petiew said:

@blatantninja23: I dunno, I think it'd be harder to pull off in this case, since they're kind of required to be shirtless for swimming. I don't think any of them look particuarly reverse trap like. Do fujoshis like reverse trap characters anyway?

Attack on Pingu is one of my favourites. I like "You can't just slap SNK's OP onto everything!" as well.

Holy shit that was amazing. I lost it during the slow mo text box flip.

#5611 Edited by Petiew (1282 posts) -

@blatantninja23: Ah sorry, I obviously wasn't paying attention to the topic at all, my bad!

@golguin: That bit is great. The section where the small text box kills the Titan text box is hillarious too.

#5612 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4464 posts) -
#5613 Posted by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

So how do you pronounce his name?

#5614 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

@DonChipotle: Ookiku Furikabutte is the best baseball anime of all time.

*gets ready to fight*

No^^

Major is awesome in the sense of baseball anime. But for me the two best baseball animes are touch and Cross game. While touch is a bit older and way slower and longer than than cross game, cross game really nails every part of this anime. If you go for pure Baseball of course it is Major.

Something different. I really love Attack on Titan so far but man these titan faces freak me out....

#5615 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4464 posts) -

@darji: I'm usually not that squeamish when it comes to gross horror, but that Titan scene at the end of the first episode really disturbed me. I almost stopped watching because of it.

#5616 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@wraith1: L-Elf, so Eru Erufu is pretty much accurate

Just watched Rebuild of Eva 3.33. Kind of disappointed... Also why was I under the impression that this was going to be a 6 movie series instead of 4.

#5617 Posted by golguin (3674 posts) -

@turambar said:

@wraith1: L-Elf, so Eru Erufu is pretty much accurate

Just watched Rebuild of Eva 3.33. Kind of disappointed... Also why was I under the impression that this was going to be a 6 movie series instead of 4.

I didn't know the 3rd movie was already subbed.

#5618 Edited by Bocam (3563 posts) -

@turambar: Because the original plan was to have 2 recap movies interspersed between the 4 new movies.

#5619 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4681 posts) -

@turambar said:

Just watched Rebuild of Eva 3.33. Kind of disappointed...

You had expectations for it to be good and that is the part where you made your first mistake.

#5620 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@turambar said:

You had expectations for it to be good and that is the part where you made your first mistake.

Considering the first two were both great, nope.

#5621 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1869 posts) -

@turambar said:

Oh no! I haven't watched it yet so I'm really bummed to hear that.

#5622 Posted by xlab3000 (26 posts) -

so far Soul Eater is a good anime

#5623 Posted by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@equitasinvictus: Spent a night mulling over my thoughts on the movie, and looked on twitter, which is a good place to find people that share your opinion, and then presenting it in a far more coherent way than you.

And the latest movie doesn't even make good on the kaiju battles that the first two did so amazingly well.

#5624 Edited by Ravelle (1052 posts) -

@xlab3000 said:

so far Soul Eater is a good anime

It sure is, but sadly they didn't adapt all of the manga for some reason.

#5625 Edited by Clonedzero (3749 posts) -

I'm not watching anything recent i thought i'd just share that i just started re-watching Rurouni Kenshin for the first time since i was like 15. I have fond memories of the show, its kinda corny but i'm only on episode 3. Still!

#5626 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2604 posts) -

Starting up "Kids on the Slope." haven't been following the anime seasons at all closely like I did before but recently found out it was a Shinichiro Watanabe directed joint so I have to find out what this is all about.

#5627 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4464 posts) -

I recently watched all of Sword Art Online and as someone who has slowly grown away from anime over the years, it was very refreshing to watch. I also finished Accel world. My understanding is that Sao and AW are from the same universe, so I naturally tried watching it. I didn't come away with the same positive feeling I did with Sao, but the premise alone was enjoyable enough. I think I just really just like fighting anime in general. No wonder One piece and Naruto were the only two anime I never stopped watching.

I also checked out Attack on Titan due to it's discussion earlier in this very thread. Those Titans are disturbing as fuck, but it seems promising. I think I'll keep watching.

#5628 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4681 posts) -

@clonedzero: If you finished with it and want some recommendations from us, just give us a call.

@i_stay_puft: The setting and especially the music definitely makes it really enjoyable. Even though there are dramatic parts that felt unnecessary and the ending was kind of rushed, it is still very likeable.

@themanwithnoplan: Attack on Titan is probably the hottest shit right now. IT'S SO FUCKING METAL! If you thought Kratos and Asura were angry, well... think again.

#5629 Posted by Ravelle (1052 posts) -

@clonedzero: If you finished with it and want some recommendations from us, just give us a call.

@i_stay_puft: The setting and especially the music definitely makes it really enjoyable. Even though there are dramatic parts that felt unnecessary and the ending was kind of rushed, it is still very likeable.

@themanwithnoplan: Attack on Titan is probably the hottest shit right now. IT'S SO FUCKING METAL! If you thought Kratos and Asura were angry, well... think again.

Close up eyes! And let's not forget about Higurashi fish tank camera face-zoom in.

#5630 Posted by Hunter5024 (5187 posts) -

@turambar: Are you telling me that the remake of Evangelion starts off really promising in the first half of the series, then takes a dive in quality about halfway through? Whoa. They take this remake business seriously.

#5631 Edited by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

i dnno, as someone who never watched the original eva, 3.33 was pretty great.

#5632 Edited by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@alexandersheen:Those eyes are so detailed, you'd think it was a Kyoto-Animation show.

@hunter5024 said:

@turambar: Are you telling me that the remake of Evangelion starts off really promising in the first half of the series, then takes a dive in quality about halfway through? Whoa. They take this remake business seriously.

Not animation quality. That remains fantastic. 3.33 simply doesn't set up good combat scenarios, nothing on par with the Ramiel fight from 1.11 or the Sahaquiel fight from 2.22.

Basically, there was no moment in 3.33 where this track would have been appropriate.

#5633 Edited by golguin (3674 posts) -

@ravelle said:

@alexandersheen said:

Close up eyes! And let's not forget about Higurashi fish tank camera face-zoom in.

In the show opening where he's thrown up into the air in slow mo and you see his eyes...that's when I knew the show was going to be super hype.

#5634 Posted by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

just finished watching Evangelion 3.33 and all I can say is, what did I just watch?

#5635 Posted by Sergio (1775 posts) -

@darji: I loved Cross Game. Checking out Major. WTF?! I was not prepared for what happens in Episode 6. That's fucked up!

#5636 Posted by Carlos1408 (1462 posts) -

Anyone watch Eden of the East? I thought it was fairly good and endearing. Not the best anime I've seen but good.

By the way does anyone know if 5cm Per Second is on Netflix? I'm keen to watch it!

#5637 Posted by EXTomar (4131 posts) -

I'm not sure what to make of Eva 3.33 either. In fact after this movie I'm kind of done with the whole thing.

#5638 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -
@extomar said:

I'm not sure what to make of Eva 3.33 either. In fact after this movie I'm kind of done with the whole thing.

I actually really enjoyed it. Especially seeing that Rebuild might actually be a sequel to the original series and not just a remake/reimagine. Really excited to see where 4.0(.44) goes.

Either way it was gorgeous.

#5639 Edited by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

Anyone watch Eden of the East? I thought it was fairly good and endearing. Not the best anime I've seen but good.

By the way does anyone know if 5cm Per Second is on Netflix? I'm keen to watch it!

I like Eden of the East.

Also, have fun being all sad and depressed with 5 Centimeters Per Second! (I do believe it is on Netflix, but I'm not sure at all).

#5640 Edited by EXTomar (4131 posts) -

I don't think Eva 3.33 was ugly but I am running into a giant "what am I watching??" problem. It is even worse than the original TV series.

#5641 Posted by metalsnakezero (2273 posts) -

This kinda sums up how I feel about Eve 3.33

#5642 Posted by believer258 (11063 posts) -

@carlos1408 said:

I like Eden of the East.

Also, have fun being all sad and depressed with 5 Centimeters Per Second! (I do believe it is on Netflix, but I'm not sure at all).

Yeah, but at least 5 Centimeters Per Second was pretty to watch. I was just kinda mad at the guy by the end. Get over it, asshole, there was a girl chasing after you for the entire second half!

#5643 Edited by EquitasInvictus (1869 posts) -

@carlos1408 said:

I like Eden of the East.

Yeah, Eden of the East was a great series! I actually haven't watched the films that wrapped everything up, though; I feel like I should...

And 5 Centimeters Per Second is one of the most bittersweet films I ever watched.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to watch Children Who Chase Lost Voices, too.

#5644 Posted by Animasta (14466 posts) -

@cloudenvy said:

@carlos1408 said:

I like Eden of the East.

Yeah, Eden of the East was a great series! I actually haven't watched the films that wrapped everything up, though; I feel like I should...

eden of the east is fantastic and I have also not watched the films (though @cloudenvy says I should so I'll probably get on that at some point)

but i want to rewatch the series before doing that.

#5645 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@darji: I'm usually not that squeamish when it comes to gross horror, but that Titan scene at the end of the first episode really disturbed me. I almost stopped watching because of it.

Yeah and it was not even very graphic it was just excellent presented. Everytime I watch a new ep I have some kind of nightmare that night. It is kind of cool XD

#5646 Posted by DocHaus (1286 posts) -

@equitasinvictus: @animasta: The Eden of the East ending movies made me retroactively hate that series. Do yourself a favor and watch something else.

#5647 Edited by Animasta (14466 posts) -

@dochaus said:

@equitasinvictus: @animasta: The Eden of the East ending movies made me retroactively hate that series. Do yourself a favor and watch something else.

why? I mean i've heard that too but no specifics.

#5648 Posted by metalsnakezero (2273 posts) -
It kinda hard to be threatening when you're wearing a bunny ear hoodie

#5649 Edited by Hailinel (22752 posts) -

@extomar said:

I don't think Eva 3.33 was ugly but I am running into a giant "what am I watching??" problem. It is even worse than the original TV series.

I haven't watched any of the new Eva movies yet, but in what way is it worse? Granted, I'm not one of those that have a particular dislike for the show (I actually though the crack-ass TV ending was better than the End of Evangelion movie).

#5650 Edited by Turambar (6489 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: Astronomy nerds probably just got a dose of plot spoilers in the latest episode.