#5751 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

Guys, never get banned ever! It's not funny.

#5752 Posted by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

Off-topic: I too was banned yesterday...I'm not sure what I did either.

On-topic: Railgun S is getting "really real". Since Accelerator has "story armor" I can't imaging this is going to go well for 9982.

#5753 Edited by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@extomar said:

On-topic: Railgun S is getting "really real". Since Accelerator has "story armor" I can't imaging this is going to go well for 9982.

I also got banned, it was a bug apparently.

the worst bug D:

#5754 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

@cloudenvy: I hear Kill La Kill takes place in a all girls school and for some reason I'm troubled by it. I'm hoping it doesn't end up like Ikitoussen and doesn't over load the show with yuri under tones. Now I need to see the finished show

#5755 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

it's nice to see Imaishi reunited with the TTGL writer but this time with a focus on female hand-to-hand combat

from the sounds of it they're going with a structure sort of similar to TTGL's where the first half is more a straight up battle show while the second half is more of a character drama.

So I should skip the second half? Do ho ho.

#5756 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@cloudenvy said:

it's nice to see Imaishi reunited with the TTGL writer but this time with a focus on female hand-to-hand combat

from the sounds of it they're going with a structure sort of similar to TTGL's where the first half is more a straight up battle show while the second half is more of a character drama.

So I should skip the second half? Do ho ho.

If it has someone equivalent to Nia in it I'm going to have to punch kittens.

#5757 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Devil survivor 2 ep 6 Highlights

These two are so cute together. They also have cat demons.

#5758 Edited by Hailinel (24809 posts) -

Neko Shogun is baller.

#5759 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5513 posts) -

I gotta watch this Devil Survivor. Also, I'm really anticipating the next episode of Attack on Titan. I'm guessing things are gonna get fucked up in the next few episodes.

#5760 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

@extomar said:

How is that Railgun show? I saw the opening for Railgun S and it looks interesting.

#5761 Edited by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

@golguin: Maybe this will help

Basically, the series focuses on Mikoto Misaka, the most interesting and coolest character in the Index series, her friends, and her backstory.

#5762 Edited by EXTomar (4736 posts) -
Saten has no power except for discovering the goods

If you go back several dozen pages you'll find I liked Railgun way way way way more than Index. I think it mostly has to do that Mikoto is way way way way better character than Index and Touma is only a distant secondary character that pops up rarely. The core group of characters are so much more pleasant too where it isn't about "look at me and my stupendous super powers!"

#5763 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

I don't really care about the plot or any serious business in Railgun. My main reason for watching it is Saten Ruiko and Uiharu Kazari. Mostly Ruiko. Her shenanigans what makes it for me.

I still need to watch some of this week's episodes including Railgun, so see you later.

#5764 Edited by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

Listening to the (latest?) Bombcast and reminded me something about Railgun. Another clever thing it did since it "slaved" to supposedly "bigger series" (Index) it was forced to avoided the "omg the world is going explode CRISIS!" plot. The two major story arcs involved high stakes and saving people but the world wasn't going to end in some fantastic meta-violent crisis. In fact the final battle itself was great because...

Saten vs Computer Server:Who Won The Final Battle in "A Certain Scientific Railgun"

#5765 Edited by jiggajoe14 (691 posts) -

Need to get on the ball & finish GTO. Halfway done with it but so damn good.

#5766 Posted by Bocam (3753 posts) -

Valvrave continues to be dumb but entertaining as fuck

#5767 Edited by Gaff (1758 posts) -

@bocam said:

And cringe-inducing, all at the same time.

#5768 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

@gaff said:

@bocam said:

I wanted to die halfway through.

#5769 Edited by Gaff (1758 posts) -

@gaff said:

@bocam said:

I wanted to die halfway through.

/slap

#5770 Edited by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

@alaska_gamer: I love Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z Hen. It starts off hyper bat-shit crazy and keeps it up for the first half-dozen episodes. When it does slow down, it's still pretty high energy. The ending is one of the things I most love about it because it completely threw me for a loop. When it was over, I just sat there staring at the screen thinking "Wait, what the hell just happened?!"

If you decide to continue this giant robot kick you're into, I liked Gun X Sword, Macross Zero, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Martian Successor Nadesico.

#5771 Edited by Bocam (3753 posts) -

@alexandersheen: @gaff: Being a big brother really helps build up your tolerance for high-school musicals

#5772 Posted by MithrilMojo (108 posts) -

Almost caught up on Hunter X Hunter.

When I think of how this series started and how much it's changed, I just shake my head. I love it.

#5773 Posted by Bocam (3753 posts) -

Railgun finally got dark.

#5774 Posted by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

Epic closing credit though.

#5775 Edited by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Man, the beginning of Railgun episode was pretty funny and heartwarming.

Here some highlights

#5776 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

@penguindust: I already got Nadesico on the list, and I'll be sure to add those as well. I've definitely had an interest in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari for a while because of it being part of the Tenchi series.

Anyway, I've finished the first season of Gundam 00, and boy is it merciless when it comes to killing off characters. Only other Gundam shows I've watched are G Gundam and Wing, and after watching 00 Season 1, I have a grasp on what the Universal Century series will probably be like in that respect.

#5777 Edited by Hailinel (24809 posts) -

@penguindust: I already got Nadesico on the list, and I'll be sure to add those as well. I've definitely had an interest in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari for a while because of it being part of the Tenchi series.

Anyway, I've finished the first season of Gundam 00, and boy is it merciless when it comes to killing off characters. Only other Gundam shows I've watched are G Gundam and Wing, and after watching 00 Season 1, I have a grasp on what the Universal Century series will probably be like in that respect.

If you want the ultimate in UC Gundam mercilessness, watch Z Gundam.

#5778 Posted by Bocam (3753 posts) -

The latest Shingeki no Kyojin chapter can be summed up as "C'mon guys, we're going to bring Sasuke back!" and I really don't like that

#5779 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

I just realized that yesterday I was watching last week's Railgun, DURR.

@bocam said:

The latest Shingeki no Kyojin chapter can be summed up as "C'mon guys, we're going to bring Sasuke back!" and I really don't like that

I see where you're coming from, but in Naruto they wanted to rescue Sasuke, no matter if it's kidnappers or the Dark Side. In this case, I don't think they want to bring back the titan bros because of friendship and other bull crap like that but to question/experiment on/execute them.

EXTRA spoiler protection!

#5780 Edited by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

@hailinel: @alaska_gamer: I've only seen the first episode so far myself, but I've heard that Victory Gundam is the most merciless when it comes to its cast. From what I've read, the Gundam producer suffered clinical depression and would go through manic mood swings. This was reflected in the animes he produced and would certainly explain how Gundam ZZ starts as a slapstick comedy but then twists into something more traditionally "Gundam". ZZ is the direct sequel to downer, Gundam Z.

Anyone know if Unicorn is done now? Originally, I thought there were only supposed to be six episodes but then I read somewhere that there are supposed to be seven so I'm not sure what's true. There have been six released so far.

#5781 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

-New baseball anime.

-Has both Madhouse and Production I.G working on it.

Excuse me, I need to put on some new pants.

#5782 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

@cloudenvy: I wonder if I'm gonna get into baseball just like I did with basketball.

Oh, while we're talking about sports, I read some Hajime no Ippo (pretty much supernatural boxing, just like how Kuroko no Basket is supernatural basketball) but only the chapters that had this guy in them: Manabu Itagaki. I like the menace coming from him.

The only problem I had with it is the art style. I just don't like the old stuff, it looks like crap and this manga has more than a 1000 chapters so it is old and it shows. The heads look like potatoes and the face and hair design screams the '80s. The shot of Itagaki with the towel on his head on the second page looks really good but the rest not so much.

P.S.: I dropped Photokano and Date A Live.

#5783 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@alexandersheen said:

@cloudenvy:

P.S.: I dropped Photokano and Date A Live.

Weakling!

I suppose I should add something more substantial to this post, therefore I'll talk about how good the Chihayafuru soundtrack is. It's awesome.

In conclusion: It's hella rad.

#5784 Edited by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

Caption: MISAKA says we do not know who consumed Onee-sama's ice cream.

#5785 Posted by Sergio (2127 posts) -

-New baseball anime.

-Has both Madhouse and Production I.G working on it.

Excuse me, I need to put on some new pants.

Actual baseball or something ridiculous where players have special moves.

#5786 Posted by MOAB (377 posts) -
@extomar said:

the ice cream man's distraction really gave her a leg up. heh...

:(

#5787 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

@cloudenvy: Valvrave sucks the life out of me already, I don't need those 2 too.

Bonus Spam:

#5788 Edited by EXTomar (4736 posts) -

@moab said:
@extomar said:

the ice cream man's distraction really gave her a leg up. heh...

:(

TOOOO SOOOOON!! :(

But hey as I wrote, since Accelerator and Mikoto have "story armor" it wasn't going to go well for her. This does leave me wondering what the rest of Railgun S is going to be about since these events are a major reason why Mikoto ends up where she ultimately ends up as drained and emotionally broken.

#5789 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

The latest episode of Date A Live was really bad

Also I'm still watching Date A Live, mainly because guilty pleasure/ I enjoy bad anime/ I have shit taste in anime; one of those options

#5790 Edited by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan ep 6

Episode centers around Mikasa, her outlook on life, and her relationship with Eren. It really hits all the marks on her backstory and reflects on to who she is now.

Pic highlight (Spoilers)

Aren't these two cute together?
What a jackass
Badass coming your way
You do what Mikasa tells you to do
That going pretty far Eren
Time to snap
Aww

#5791 Edited by golguin (3928 posts) -

Saw episode 6 of Attack on Titan. This show is producing Boss Characters at an alarming rate and I'm happy with that.

#5792 Edited by MithrilMojo (108 posts) -

Okay, you got me watching Attack on Titan and Valvrave now. Watched both Episode Ones this morning. I liked Attack a bit more, but the ending to Valvrave got me interested.

#5793 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

Okay, you got me watching Attack on Titan and Valvrave now. Watched both Episode Ones this morning. I liked Attack a bit more, but the ending to Valvrave got me interested.

I don't know about this Valvrave show, but I can tell you that Attack on Titan is the hypest thing I've seen in a long time.

#5794 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Inspired by this thread I watched the first episode of Date A Live. I don't think I'll watch any more!

Also brought on by this thread: Oreimo which I'll soon be done with, and Railgun which I'll start after that. While I'm on anime I've been watching, before Oreimo I went through Toradora and liked it a lot. Progress through JoJo's is slow but steady.

As for Attack on Titan ep6, I liked it though I still think Mikasa's bland. Action scenes keep on being cool, though I found it hard to believe that Eren could stab guys that easily. And what was up with Mikasa's superhuman strength? I suppose with the spider-man equiment and near-immortal giants that's not what I should be taking issue with...Oh, I should mention that giant's running animation. Good stuff

#5795 Edited by golguin (3928 posts) -

Inspired by this thread I watched the first episode of Date A Live. I don't think I'll watch any more!

Also brought on by this thread: Oreimo which I'll soon be done with, and Railgun which I'll start after that. While I'm on anime I've been watching, before Oreimo I went through Toradora and liked it a lot. Progress through JoJo's is slow but steady.

As for Attack on Titan ep6, I liked it though I still think Mikasa's bland. Action scenes keep on being cool, though I found it hard to believe that Eren could stab guys that easily. And what was up with Mikasa's superhuman strength? I suppose with the spider-man equiment and near-immortal giants that's not what I should be taking issue with...Oh, I should mention that giant's running animation. Good stuff

To that I would say...There is nothing particular difficult about stabbing someone if they're caught off guard. If you're talking to some kid on the street and they suddenly stab you with a knife they've been hiding in their hand behind their back I don't think anyone would find that unbelievable. The other guy got caught by surprise with his makeshift spear. He lost when the other guy knew he was there. It all checks out.Mikasa activated some dormant power. There are titans walking around so I don't see why people can't have some powers too.

#5796 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#5797 Edited by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Meanwhile at Valvrave ... yeah.

and in Attack on Titan

V Spoiler for the last bit of the episode

#5798 Posted by Sergio (2127 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: Yeah, you need to learn what to put in the spoiler block, particularly that last image.

#5799 Posted by rubberluffy (463 posts) -
Progress through JoJo's is slow but steady.

How far are ya?

#5800 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5513 posts) -

Watched a few episodes of Date A Live. Not the best decision for someone who is trying to give anime a chance again. I'm still enjoying a few of the other shows I've tried out though. I even came across a single OVA called Saint Young Men. The premise involved Jesus and Buddha vacationing together in a modern day Japan trying to hide their identities from those around them. Apparently the manga was/is fairly popular.

How does this exist?. Only in Japan I say.

Jesus is rockin his crown of thorns.