Anime discussion thread.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Just a heads up: Danganronpa got a translation patch released.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6102  Edited By Chibithor

Attack on Titan...I don't know anymore. Valvrave though? Amazing. I wasn't expecting much, but it's so good, I'm blown away

Should be added that my enjoyment is probably less ironic than it should be. I'm genuinely into it. (Also, is this thread bugging out for anyone else? It's updating real slow, edits/posts appear some time after they're posted)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Heads up: The latest episode of Attack on Titan is actually pretty solid, and it sets us up for an extremely hyped next episode. The animation was surprisingly consistent, and if they can establish this as a baseline, I'll be happy.

Also, as far as pacing, this looks like it's actually going rather fast compared to how much the manga lingered on these events. ha. It's getting somewhere though, and I'm excited to see the next episode.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Heads up: The latest episode of Attack on Titan is actually pretty solid, and it sets us up for an extremely hyped next episode. The animation was surprisingly consistent, and if they can establish this as a baseline, I'll be happy.

Also, as far as pacing, this looks like it's actually going rather fast compared to how much the manga lingered on these events. ha. It's getting somewhere though, and I'm excited to see the next episode.

I can give it that. However, it is slowing down a bit too much at this certain point but I'm curious to see what the next episode has since this event is a bit short a full episode.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@bocam said:

is it from the guy who released the LP?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6106  Edited By Petiew

I always thought those Evangelion comics were kind of stupid. Shini has to pilot his own mother into battle againt horrible alien abominations that will wipe out the Earth if he can't kill them with his week's worth of training. Also his dad's a total dick and the girls are either terrible people or completely unresponsive. I feel like the last thing on your 14 year old mind would be "Unf, gonna bang dat ASSuka."

I've barely been watching any anime lately. Trying to get through a bunch of Digimon at the moment though. Almost finished Savers. Kind of mixed feelings on the series. Aside from Ikuto the characters are totally one dimensional, it had a bad start and they seem to save all of their budget for one decent episode out of every 15. On the other hand the scene where it looks like Shine Greymon is about to unleash his super ultimate energy ball attack when the flames suddenly dissipate and the main character is standing there ready to beat this ancient evil demon/ murderous human hybrid to death with his fists is the single best thing I have ever seen in the franchise. The mad scientist is easily one of the best villains too.

I'd probably rank what I've seen as: Tamers > Adventure > Savers > > > > > Adventure 02. It's pretty monster of the week stuff but what order would you guys rank the series' in? (If you've seen any of them that is)

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@bocam said:

is it from the guy who released the LP?

No. Completely different people. It's better written than the LP though. I do have some qualms with how they translated certain terms but those are petty.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6108  Edited By EXTomar

Someone missed the joke in those comics is that in Eva, Shinji makes himself and everyone around him miserable because he is a moron. :)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6109  Edited By golguin

Attack on Titan...I don't know anymore. Valvrave though? Amazing. I wasn't expecting much, but it's so good, I'm blown away

Should be added that my enjoyment is probably less ironic than it should be. I'm genuinely into it. (Also, is this thread bugging out for anyone else? It's updating real slow, edits/posts appear some time after they're posted)

I've felt that the last few episodes slowed things down a bit with filler (haven't read the manga, but I know filler when I see it), but yesterday's episode brought back the hype. Armin's had some great character develoment and the fighting scenes with titans came back.

What was the problem with Attack on Titan?

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: It was better for sure, but I didn't like the way they deal with Eren going berserk in under two minutes (in a pretty unspectacular manner as well) and then he just lays down until the last few seconds. I'm still going to watch it, with 14 being a recap episode they need to get stuff done in 13, I just didn't feel like stuff got done in this one.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm still liking Attack On Titan less and less. It doesn't help that I've been playing Last Of Us which handles the idea of humanity fighting against impossible odds to survive much better in my opinion. It just occurred to me that Eren was Elizabeth's true name in Gintama. I can never take that name seriously after such a hilarious arc.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: I always found it kinda funny how Eva tried to make fun of fanservice, but it's crossed the line of just being fanservice now right?

Honestly though I enjoyed 3.33

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Who's seen Ghost in the Shell Arise - Border 1: Ghost Pain? Me! Me! Me! I have! It was amazing, it's been so long since I've had new GitS content, it feels good, it feels right.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grisaia no Kajitsu complete patch is at 100% editing and translation! Now to just wait for the actual patch to come out.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Who's seen Ghost in the Shell Arise - Border 1: Ghost Pain? Me! Me! Me! I have! It was amazing, it's been so long since I've had new GitS content, it feels good, it feels right.

It did well to stick to what made Ghost in the shell interesting.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will not change my avatar until the new sailor moon PV comes out!

VIVA LA USAGI

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@animasta said:

I will not change my avatar until the new sailor moon PV comes out!

VIVA LA USAGI

But at what cost? WHAT COST?!

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

How long does it usually take for a dub to come out? I really want to see this Attack on Titan thing that everyone's talking about but I really don't like subtitled anime. Even if the dub is bad, I prefer something in a language I understand, but if this is something that takes four or five months then I guess I'll just watch it now for free.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: 5-6 months after, maybe? They might try to do it ASAP considering how popular it is.

Also does anyone else think we should make a new thread, considering how many deleted posts are here means that every time I hit the latest button it dumps me to the previous page? it's annoying D:

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#6122  Edited By DocHaus

I'd vote for starting a new thread. What say you folks?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually surprised "last page" hasn't drifted farther due to that bug. But I am indifferent where I can see merit to starting over but I don't care enough to abandon it.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no0b0rama: As someone who has just finished Grisaia no Rakuen, I can safely say you're in for a treat.

@believer258: Depends on the Japanese production company buy Funimation has stated they intend to release the series on home video in 2014. I don't believe they'll meet that deadline.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6125  Edited By Ravelle

Still enjoying Attack on titan but the pacing just made a nose dive while it started fantastic.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6126  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Dayum, Arise was pretty fucking good. It feels good to see Production I.G. back at the top of their game. I mean, they haven't been putting out shit these past few years or anything, but it feels like forever since anything they did looked this good.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And so ends Devil Survivor 2. It was pretty good. However, I wished it was longer to better develop characters.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems the Hentai Prince and Stony Cat got super serious while still keeping it's light hearted side. I enjoy the way it's been mixing the fan service stuff with the emotional stuff.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6129  Edited By EXTomar

Although no one should care about Precure, I still have a soft spot in my heart (and my viewing schedule) for the entire series and I'm finding the latest, Dokidoki Precure, kind of fun. Its like every third one has kind of "goofy serious" undercurrent which gives it an unusual feel that makes it interesting. I'm not saying stop or drop a show to watch to watch but if you like silly magical girl shows this one is probably something to watch while waiting for Nanoha Movie 3.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really watch Precure shows but I usually check out some clips of the show, usually funny parts. It has some heart despite it being a ploy for toys.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have no idea what's going on Valvrave anymore, introduced space Illuminati and end season with a cliff hanger

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode 13 of Attack on Titan had a very nice pacing with some good action.

Also lots of close ups (Don't worry, no spoilers here)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With episode 13 Attack on Titan is now back at maximum hype train mode. There was a whole bunch of stuff going on in that episode so it's fine that episode 14 is going to be a recap episide.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titan 13 must have been a last minute rush job* considering the amount of missing scene and their coverups (stills, closeups, city shots), missing color on some CG + weird green "fog", weird framerate issues and a 3 minute recap. Still managed to have some good action and good pacing.

*at least the version Crunchyroll got

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuck you, aku no hana.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeesus attack on titan . 3 minute recap, suuper awkward cuts, lots of small animation inconsistencies (was that purple rubble intentional?), bad music choice.

eh add on top that the pacing has ground to a halt, i think ill drop it till a later date. its still good, every episode has its moment but this stuff is becoming too distracting.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeesus attack on titan . 3 minute recap, suuper awkward cuts, lots of small animation inconsistencies (was that purple rubble intentional?), bad music choice.

eh add on top that the pacing has ground to a halt, i think ill drop it till a later date. its still good, every episode has its moment but this stuff is becoming too distracting.

Pacing as ground to a halt? Did we watch the same episode 13?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big Precure fan. I like how they are light and fun, but most of all I enjoy seeing how the studio works the toys into the show itself. I've seen nearly all of them. The 4-team member shows are the best. 5 teammates are too many without completely falling back on cookie-cutter personalities. Don't get me wrong, they're all cliched, but the better ones are cliched with interesting quirks. I found HeartCatch, Fresh and Suite more enjoyable than Yes 5 or Smile.

I started watching Hataraku Maou-sama! this morning and suddenly realized that the new season is about to begin. I don't remember seeing a giant picture schedule in the thread before although I am probably wrong. What's starting up this season besides the much-talked about GitS return?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While watching Space Brothers I realized something. Sharon reminded me of the Moe Titan. I think it's because of their eyes. Am I crazy? I don't...

No Caption Provided

@penguindust: On the previous page near the bottom I had a comment with a compilation video of the PVs of the Summer season and @dochaus made a list of previews.

siln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I'm convinced that half of SnK's animators were tragically eaten by titans. It is the only explanation.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siln: Explains why next week episode will be a recap episode. They need time to hire more people, hopefully ones that can fight a Titan.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@masterpaperlink said:

was a good ep but not some sort of plot explosion, it was payoff after a pretty long stall, then right after comes a recap.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@masterpaperlink said:

was a good ep but not some sort of plot explosion, it was payoff after a pretty long stall, then right after comes a recap.

Episode 12 was pretty slow, but 13 did resolve several things and the outcome was a Pyrrhic victory. The end of the conflict was some pretty heavy stuff for an anime.

Pacing was slow on 12 and 14 is going to be a recap, but I don't see how 13 can be considered a slowly paced episode.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They don't even need a recap episode. They recap the whole damn show every episode.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they pick up the bolder yet in Titan?

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6149  Edited By penguindust
Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

Aku No Hana, s'alright. I enjoyed it. I actually really liked the rotoscoping, it was a refreshing departure from the same old cartoon shit.

The pacing, however, is a bit crap. Not sure what they were thinking when they had a scene with Takao walking to school that stretched on for almost 10 minutes.

But whatever, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys weird/fucked up shit.