Anime discussion thread.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By dietmango

@Daroki: Man, I must've watched that scene 10 times or so. Such a great episode.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Turambar
@Bocam said:

@Turambar: Muv Luv is mecha

I'm already not going to watch Rinne no Lagrange because it's bad.  Not gonna watch the anime adaptation of a VN I disliked unless I hear a whole lot of praise for it from my blogroll.
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@Sergio said:

@Questionable: Just watched the last episode. Completely agree.

Wow, it already ended? I am way behind with basically all the series from last season.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By Bocam

@Turambar: How could you not like Muvluv? Also Total Eclipse isn't an adaptation.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Sergio

@Daroki: I thought that had the best soundtrack this season. Already liked YUKI from her OPs for Honey and Clover (still need to finish that), and this one was just as good. ED was good too.

Edit: Was tracking down the lyrics of Altair since the original video I had seen had them and they seemed fitting. Ended up at this site that I was unaware of until now - animelyrics.com.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Daroki

@asian_pride said:

@Daroki: Man, I must've watched that scene 10 times or so. Such a great episode.

I love how it's just zooming the camera around and showing characters reacting to what they're listening to just as you're reacting. When they flip over to "Someday My Prince Will Come" and go to Ri-Chan as she "sees what he did there" it's a perfect moment. That goes down with Another's "Pulp Fiction" scene as one of the best moments of the year.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#107  Edited By dietmango

@Daroki said:

@asian_pride said:

I love how it's just zooming the camera around and showing characters reacting to what they're listening to just as you're reacting. When they flip over to "Someday My Prince Will Come" and go to Ri-Chan as she "sees what he did there" it's a perfect moment. That goes down with Another's "Pulp Fiction" scene as one of the best moments of the year.

Ha, yeah I totally remember that scene from Another. So out of nowhere, and funny.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Bigheart711

Arcana Famigilia and Moyashimon sound the most interesting out of the Summer season aside of some of the OAV Specials.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#109  Edited By Hunter5024

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hunter5024: Well, the first thing you need to have in your life is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time which is a fan-effing-tastic movie.

That was awesome.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Where's Sonic Hedgehog? You can't have an anime discussion without Sonic Hedgehog.

MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#111  Edited By MrXD

Ok i'll join your group.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#112  Edited By Jay444111

@Hailinel: You know what animated movie is totally fucked up? Epic: Days of the Dinosaurs. Basically, it involves two kids raised by dingos who have to go out into the world by themselves to find the secrets of life... there is so much death in this movie from what I remember that I still have nightmares based on this freaking movie. Hell, they show dingo puppies drowning!!! Graphically! Sure animated but it is still a level of fucked up that I don't want to see anymore.

It ended on such a weird ending... at the end the kids howled upwards and became dingos themselves... that movie haunted me my entire life and due to it being a pretty rare movie actually I doubt I will ever be able to see it. I came from some weird Australian company that made a bunch of third rate kids shows and somehow my rental places got a copy back in the day... I regret the day I picked up this nightmare fuel. I do wish to watch through it once more so if you guys got a copy make sure to somehow get it on youtube. The world will be thankful for it!

Edit: Found the video which shows what it is... if anyone here has seen it. Please let me know!

Yeah... this video is insanely nostalgic.

ReEdit: Oh yeah anime!

Uh... Anyone see Shiki, I totally recommend it. Why is it that Japan seems to know how to make a vampire story than us these days?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AlexanderSheen

You know what this is? Awesome, fucking awesome.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By TobbRobb

@Questionable said:

btw, am i the only one raging at the incredible cheap cop-out ending of Dusk maiden of amnesia? one of the biggest failures to commit i have seen in a while. It had a good thing going for a while then finally makes up its mind that it just wants to be a generic harem/comedy

I'm a bit late to the party, but I wanna vent. Nope, you are entirely correct, a kind of cheesy and predictable but still alright ending getting copped the fuck out in the last 10 seconds... WHY!? It's not like the rest of the series was especially good, why ruin the one thing that could have brought it decent closure!?

HNNNNNNNNNNNGH

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By donchipotle

@Sergio said:

@Cloudenvy : You're both wrong. Cross Game is the best baseball anime.

Bro I will CUT you.

Nah, but for real I love Cross Game. It is like number 2 in the baseball animes.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By CaptainObvious

Cowboy Bebop?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By penguindust

I'm sorry to hear that the old thread broke but this one is moving along nicely. I am 99% up to date with the Sket Dance anime now. I was wondering what to watch after Gintama went back on hiatus. This one is a perfect fit. I plan to watch the remaining school ski trip episodes and then put it on hold again until a substantial number of shows accrue. I prefer watching shows in batches rather than week by week. That's why I usually never watch a series until it's done. Of course, shows like this or the other shonens are open-ended, so I wait until 50 or so pile up before I dive in again.

With the spring season closing out now, I hope to take a look at a few of those shows. I'm thinking Jormungand first.

Oh and I love Cross Game, too. I am eager to check out another baseball focused romance next called Touch from 1985. I love older anime and this is one I missed.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SlightConfuse

Since others have said it I too hate the mc from accel work in fact most of the characters suck

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Jay444111 said:

Uh... Anyone see Shiki, I totally recommend it. Why is it that Japan seems to know how to make a vampire story than us these days?

Shiki was awesome! It started out really slow for me and I almost dropped it but in the end I was actually blown away how twisted everything ended up. They did a great job with the narrative towards the end; it's probably the best vampire story I've seen in a work of fiction.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Hunter5024: I told you!

Regarding what I'm watching this summer season:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: This is mostly due to the director (Angel Beats and Persona 4 The Animation). Though I have no experience with the source material, he has always struck me as a director with pretty excellent comedic timing.

Tari Tari: Because P.A Works slice-of-life/drama/school/cute girls show.

Sword Art Online: I'm really looking forward to this one, but I'm kind of tempering my expectations after having grown colder and colder towards the original creators previous work (Accel World). But hey, at least they have a pretty sweet staff on Sword Art Online.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous: I'm only really picking this up because it's a Noitamina show. They are usually a nice breath of fresh air.

Kokoro Connect: I was really looking forward to this, but the pre-air has left me a little worried. Bland dialogue and some bland artwork except the transition between bodies which seemed very well done.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By GTCknight

I have no idea if I belong in this group at all. Never been a part of one these types of things. I simply just watch or read and then maybe talk/discuss some of it with a friend of mine.

By the way, this just reminded me I need to change my image to something other than Lutz now that the first season of Jormungand has ended.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Cloudenvy

@GTCknight: Sounds like you belong here as much as any of us do!

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By GTCknight

@Cloudenvy: Yeah, I guess I do. Well at the very least, I'll give it a try. I've been thinking about turning my Lutz image into something from the first Berserk film lately.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Slay3r1583

Looks like I'm the only weirdo who's going to watch Yuru Yuri s2. I just watched season 1 and I thought it was really cute and funny. I'm also going to check out Muv-Luv.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Akrid

Unless the last(?) episode completely drops the ball, Kids on the Slope has quickly become probably my favourite anime, or at least has been one of the most enjoyable things I've ever watched. I'm a sucker for romance, bro-hugs, and jazz.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TobbRobb

I just started watching "Daily Lives of High School Boys", because I'm fast like that. Goddamn that show is funny, I hope this quality keeps up throughout the entire thing.

The story about the hairy mole had me laughing my ass off.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By Daroki

@SlightConfuse said:

Since others have said it I too hate the mc from accel work in fact most of the characters suck

The truly sad thing about Accel World? The first episode had enough starter material to launch a year's worth of noitanimA shows. There were so many brilliant things it was touching on and instead it wanted to be a stupid fight-of-the-week anime. Hell, I'd be happy if it just spent 13 episodes exploring the differences in generations between those who have all this technology implanted into them at such a young age and the disconnect between them and the generation beforehand. Or maybe how that technology might change what "attractiveness" means in that culture.

But fighting robots and moe, yeah, let's go that route so I can try to sell some figures to mecha geeks and shut-ins...

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By GTCknight

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here read/watch Nazo no Kanojo X?

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By No0b0rAmA

@GTCknight: I read it. but I haven't seen the anime

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Knave

Too beautiful.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By GTCknight

@No0b0rAmA: Alright, I was just wondering if there was anyone here who's seen it. I've been reading every chapter and watching every episode. The anime's been doing an okay job so far, they've had their moments were its skipped a few scenes. But, nothing beats seeing those crazy dreams in motion and sound.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By No0b0rAmA

@GTCknight: I'm wondering whether or not to watch the anime. Is it a pretty good adaptation of the manga?

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By GTCknight

From what I can remember, yeah they did an alright job. Not perfect like mentioned before. They do follow certain events rather well (again, I could be wrong) but, even then it still fits within the story.

They already past the cardboard robot scene. I would recommend watching the first two episodes, after that its really up to you decide. I haven't had any issues with it so far.

I really need to get some sleep right now, hope this helps you in some way.

No Caption Provided

The music always gets me though, can't wait to get my hands on the soundtrack (if and when they release it). Note I've made way too many edits tis's a sign that I'm way too tired.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Cloudenvy

New promo for Natsuyuki Rendezvous if anyone's interested:

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Bocam

@Cloudenvy said:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: This is mostly due to the director (Angel Beats and Persona 4 The Animation). Though I have no experience with the source material, he has always struck me as a director with pretty excellent comedic timing.

The only reason to be excited about Jinrui is because of Tanaka Romio and his excellent writing. Also because if it does well, there's a chance will get a Cross Channel anime and that's something I'd kill for.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By donchipotle

@Bocam said:

@Cloudenvy said:

there's a chance will get a Cross Channel anime and that's something I'd kill for.

You and me, we can be bros.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Cloudenvy

@DonChipotle said:

@Bocam said:

@Cloudenvy said:

there's a chance will get a Cross Channel anime and that's something I'd kill for.

I'm guessing I should crack open that copy of Cross Channel...

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By donchipotle

@Cloudenvy said:

@DonChipotle said:

@Bocam said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I'm guessing I should crack open that copy of Cross Channel...

You should. Like right now.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Bocam

@Cloudenvy: DO IT. Also play until week 4 until you make any judgement calls.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Bocam: I still haven't even started Muv-Luv since the last time we talked about VN's!

My backlog is filling up waaaaaaaay too fast!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Bocam

@Cloudenvy: I'd say play Cross Channel before Muv-luv.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Cloudenvy

@OtakuGamer: Because the writing is awful and the characters get dumber and dumber!

I guess you should like it because the first half looks pretty and the soundtrack is awesome!

@Bocam: Alright, how long is it? like 30 hours?

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By dungbootle

yo Fate/Zero was the bomb

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Cloudenvy

@OtakuGamer said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@OtakuGamer: Because the writing is awful and the characters get dumber and dumber!

I guess you should like it because the first half looks pretty and the soundtrack is awesome!

Disappointing. :(

But you haven't even gotten to the part where they break their own internal logic. : (

@dungbootle: Hell yeah it was!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Sergio

@TobbRobb said:

I just started watching "Daily Lives of High School Boys", because I'm fast like that. Goddamn that show is funny, I hope this quality keeps up throughout the entire thing.

The story about the hairy mole had me laughing my ass off.

Literature girl always cracked me up.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Bocam

@Cloudenvy: I finished it in 15, while Muvluv took me 75 hours

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Oh man, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia... this is how to ruin a last episode with a good ending in 20 seconds. It was so bad, it made me laugh.

5/10

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Bocam: Oh..That's actually not bad at all! Maybe I'll get it done this weekend then.