#151 Posted by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

@Sergio: Literature girl is great! :D

Everything is great, best comedy show I've seen in a while, even outside of Anime.

#152 Posted by User_Undefined (177 posts) -

Just finished Jormungand and I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely watch the next season of it, but for those that know, should I read the manga or does the show do a good enough job?

#153 Edited by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

Finally got around to finishing Black Rock Shooter, and...man. Now I really wish I didn't finish it. It's just awful. Just...awful. So far, the worst show I've seen this year.

@AlexanderSheen said:

Oh man, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia... this is how to ruin a last episode with a good ending in 20 seconds. It was so bad, it made me laugh.

5/10

Same, though I don't think it's a good show overall. The MC is annoying, as well as that one blonde haired girl, and I don't know, it was just...boring to me. Still I think they did a decent job on Yuuko's backstory. I'm almost tempted to give it a 4 because of that ending but...eh.

#154 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@asian_pride: That show is really, REALLY bad. And that's coming from someone who thought the OVA was kind of decent for what it was.

I just finished Kids on the Slope and for as much as I didn't enjoy certain parts of that show...I have to admit that that was a pretty good ending.

7/10!

#155 Posted by JJOR64 (18891 posts) -

Joined the sexy and delicious Steam group of goodness.

#156 Edited by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Yeah, the OVA was actually ok. I found the art style and animation better in the latter. The story is largely the same with a few changes, but it wasn't even close to being abrasive and poorly written as in the TV show. And the characters? Goddamn it do I want to fucking strangle every single one of them or push them off a cliff. But that's enough of that ranting. I just want to forget as much as I can about that garbage.

Whoa, didn't know the final ep for Kids on the Slope is already out. Can't wait to see that. Any news on Tsuritama's final ep if that's out as well?

#157 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@asian_pride: Well, if it makes you feel any better the boxset for BRS had...Not good first week sales.

Tsuritama's final episode is out as well!

#158 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@asian_pride said:

Finally got around to finishing Black Rock Shooter, and...man. Now I really wish I didn't finish it. It's just awful. Just...awful. So far, the worst show I've seen this year.

@AlexanderSheen said:

Oh man, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia... this is how to ruin a last episode with a good ending in 20 seconds. It was so bad, it made me laugh.

5/10

Same, though I don't think it's a good show overall. The MC is annoying, as well as that one blonde haired girl, and I don't know, it was just...boring to me. Still I think they did a decent job on Yuuko's backstory. I'm almost tempted to give it a 4 because of that ending but...eh.

If you check my list, 80% of it is 6 or better, so it's telling how much I disliked the show and the MC (geez that guy is... ugh). Before the ending I was thinking 4, but the ending made me laugh out loud so that's why 5.

#159 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Lol it does, thanks for that. Also number of shows ending this week, so it'll give me time to catch up with older stuff.

#160 Posted by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: That might be why our list compare so well... Same kind of review scale. I pretty much never go under 5. Unless I hate something.

Dusk Maiden was just blech.

#161 Edited by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: I understand the manga isn't finished yet, so I'm guessing they had to make up an ending for the anime. Lol but there are better ways to end that compared to how they did it. It would've worked with a parody type of show, but obviously Dusk Maiden isn't one. But ah well.

Lol I'm certainly not afraid to rate below 5 or 6. I've rated a couple shows as 1.

#162 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

THis topic inspired me to check out Kids on the Slope. As a fan of jazz I wish I had done so earlier.

#163 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

Honestly if I was going to rate a show under 5 I'd probably not watch it.

#164 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Honestly if I was going to rate a show under 5 I'd probably not watch it.

That's why I usually drop them, but sometimes... I have to know, I have to see it.

@asian_pride said:

@AlexanderSheen: I understand the manga isn't finished yet, so I'm guessing they had to make up an ending for the anime. Lol but there are better ways to end that compared to how they did it. It would've worked with a parody type of show, but obviously Dusk Maiden isn't one. But ah well.

Lol I'm certainly not afraid to rate below 5 or 6. I've rated a couple shows as 1.

Yes absolutely, they had that ending, until the last 20 seconds.

#165 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

And that was Tsuritama! pretty decent ending, nothing unsurprising there.

It's been a good ride
#166 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

THis topic inspired me to check out Kids on the Slope. As a fan of jazz I wish I had done so earlier.

I play drums, so the realism in Sentaro's animation really struck me. It's easy to appreciate if you're familiar with the subject matter.

#167 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

Anime games I wish would get made, but never will:

  • Highschool of the Dead survival horror co-op class based RPG.
  • Fairy Tail turn based RPG.
#168 Posted by Sergio (2037 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@asian_pride: That show is really, REALLY bad. And that's coming from someone who thought the OVA was kind of decent for what it was.

I just finished Kids on the Slope and for as much as I didn't enjoy certain parts of that show...I have to admit that that was a pretty good ending.

7/10!

I have mixed feelings about the ending. I haven't read the manga, but it seemed rushed at the end just to fit it within one season.

#169 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Sergio said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@asian_pride: That show is really, REALLY bad. And that's coming from someone who thought the OVA was kind of decent for what it was.

I just finished Kids on the Slope and for as much as I didn't enjoy certain parts of that show...I have to admit that that was a pretty good ending.

7/10!

I have mixed feelings about the ending. I haven't read the manga, but it seemed rushed at the end just to fit it within one season.

I agree with you, but it was pretty much in line with my expectations since I think the show feels pretty rushed in general.

#170 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

JEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRKSSSSSSS...

#171 Posted by falserelic (5278 posts) -

Been reading the Naruto manga. Can't wait until its finally finish. Its kinda slow at times but I enjoy reading it.

#172 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4608 posts) -

@asian_pride said:

Finally got around to finishing Black Rock Shooter, and...man. Now I really wish I didn't finish it. It's just awful. Just...awful. So far, the worst show I've seen this year.

Shit, really? I've been really looking forward to watching that.

#173 Posted by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

@falserelic: Oh the Naruto manga! it's been quite a while since I read that.... Maybe I should pick it up again. I remember liking it a lot, which is weird since I find the anime incredibly boring.

#174 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@End_Boss said:

JEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRKSSSSSSS...

Pretty original, well done.

#175 Edited by Carlos1408 (1489 posts) -

So... Anyone watch Bobobo Bo-bobobo? I've been watching it recently, and enjoy it. It has its moments and can be funny. What do you guys think of it? I do enjoy anime, however, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to it. Love Full Metal Alchemist, and enjoyed Death Note. I want some more comedy/quirky ones though.

#176 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

@asian_pride said:

Finally got around to finishing Black Rock Shooter, and...man. Now I really wish I didn't finish it. It's just awful. Just...awful. So far, the worst show I've seen this year.

Shit, really? I've been really looking forward to watching that.

Abandon ship! abandon ship!

#177 Posted by TheRealJpoe (133 posts) -

This is awesome! Just joined both groups.

Fun to have a place to discuss anime since none of my friends are into it.

#178 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

Tsuritama and Kids on the Slope were a good watch.

2 × 7/10

#179 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Just watched the final episode of Kids on the Slope and like Cloudenvy, even though I didn't care for (and actually hated) a lot of that show—in my case because of the stupid teenage drama—I must say that was a fantastic ending. I'm always a sucker for time skips.

#180 Posted by Petiew (1322 posts) -
@Carlos1408 said:

So... Anyone watch Bobobo Bo-bobobo? I've been watching it recently, and enjoy it. It has its moments and can be funny. What do you guys think of it? I do enjoy anime, however, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to it. Love Full Metal Alchemist, and enjoyed Death Note. I want some more comedy/quirky ones though.

Azumanga Daioh is a cutesy highschool comedy show, Seitokai no Ichizon is a harem/reference anime which is pretty funny. Cromartie High School is really good as well, Highschool delinquents doing crazy things with a good dub.
#181 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
@Carlos1408 I love that show it is so crazy. Reminds me of adventure time
#182 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@Petiew said:

@Carlos1408 said:

So... Anyone watch Bobobo Bo-bobobo? I've been watching it recently, and enjoy it. It has its moments and can be funny. What do you guys think of it? I do enjoy anime, however, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to it. Love Full Metal Alchemist, and enjoyed Death Note. I want some more comedy/quirky ones though.

Azumanga Daioh is a cutesy highschool comedy show, Seitokai no Ichizon is a harem/reference anime which is pretty funny. Cromartie High School is really good as well, Highschool delinquents doing crazy things with a good dub.

Azumanga Daioh is a good comedy. It is pretty cute. If you like that then there is Lucky Star, Which unlike Azumanga Daioh, is kinda racy. Lucky Star is about a Girl who is into playing video games, reading manga, and generally thinking about adult things. It gets kinda sexual, for example. In one scene she is playing a Eroge game ( Adult Visual Novel ) while her friend walks in.

#183 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Petiew said:

@Carlos1408 said:

So... Anyone watch Bobobo Bo-bobobo? I've been watching it recently, and enjoy it. It has its moments and can be funny. What do you guys think of it? I do enjoy anime, however, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to it. Love Full Metal Alchemist, and enjoyed Death Note. I want some more comedy/quirky ones though.

Azumanga Daioh is a cutesy highschool comedy show, Seitokai no Ichizon is a harem/reference anime which is pretty funny. Cromartie High School is really good as well, Highschool delinquents doing crazy things with a good dub.

Azumanga Daioh is a good comedy. It is pretty cute. If you like that then there is Lucky Star, Which unlike Azumanga Daioh, is kinda racy. Lucky Star is about a Girl who is into playing video games, reading manga, and generally thinking about adult things. It gets kinda sexual, for example. In one scene she is playing a Eroge game ( Adult Visual Novel ) while her friend walks in.

Lucky Star is about 4 high school girls and only one of them is an Otaku :p

But yeah, Lucky Star isn't an "all ages" anime but it's far from being too adult (which you didn't say it was but I want to say it anyway). What it is though is it is amazing and one of my favourites.

#184 Posted by phantomzxro (1558 posts) -

Hey just joined the club, good to be around some follow anime watchers.

#185 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Anime is for...

all right I'll stop.

#186 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -
@DonChipotle said:

THis topic inspired me to check out Kids on the Slope. As a fan of jazz I wish I had done so earlier.

Last episode is coming up.  Enjoy it while it lasts.
#187 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

@asian_pride said:

Finally got around to finishing Black Rock Shooter, and...man. Now I really wish I didn't finish it. It's just awful. Just...awful. So far, the worst show I've seen this year.

Shit, really? I've been really looking forward to watching that.

Yeah, I got like two episodes in and had to stop watching that.

#188 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Fastest show I've dropped was Medaka Box. Lasted 5-6 minutes after the op and couldn't take much more of it.

#189 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hunter5024: I told you!

Regarding what I'm watching this summer season:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: This is mostly due to the director (Angel Beats and Persona 4 The Animation). Though I have no experience with the source material, he has always struck me as a director with pretty excellent comedic timing.

Tari Tari: Because P.A Works slice-of-life/drama/school/cute girls show.

Sword Art Online: I'm really looking forward to this one, but I'm kind of tempering my expectations after having grown colder and colder towards the original creators previous work (Accel World). But hey, at least they have a pretty sweet staff on Sword Art Online.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous: I'm only really picking this up because it's a Noitamina show. They are usually a nice breath of fresh air.

Kokoro Connect: I was really looking forward to this, but the pre-air has left me a little worried. Bland dialogue and some bland artwork except the transition between bodies which seemed very well done.

Yes to the Noitamina series. I will be checking that out.

#190 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Hiiro no Kakera for me, I completely misjudged that one. Maybe 10 minutes and then I was done.

#191 Edited by Petiew (1322 posts) -
@Dagbiker: I'd hardly call Lucky Star racy, I can't remember any sexual scenes at all to be honest. It's more cute girls doing cute and sometimes otaku like things and spending 10 minutes talking about how to eat a choco cornet.
#192 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Fastest show I've dropped was Medaka Box. Lasted 5-6 minutes after the op and couldn't take much more of it.

Hmm... I remember that one. I didn't make it past the OP. I turned it off as it started. If I recall it was a very short opening that managed to focus on the characters breasts and ass for no reason other then to be an example of why anime is starting to bug me.

#193 Posted by GTCknight (653 posts) -

@Emeryl: You really should start reading the manga. The anime did a (really) good job for the most part but, they left out (albeit small) amounts of short side-stories. For example there were two quick side-stories that happened in the first volume that didn't make it in the anime.

The other weird thing about the anime was that they tried to give a clear back-story Chinatsu. Which was kind of odd to me, since in the manga her history was unknown. All you really knew about her was that Shisho did something that ruined her life and then at some point she fell in love with him.

#194 Posted by pyrodactyl (1856 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@No0b0rAmA: @FluxWaveZ: Our old thread apparently got deleted due to a bug in the system!

or maybe it was the softcore porn and extreme violence clips that were all over it, I don't know

#195 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@Petiew said:

@Dagbiker: I'd hardly call Lucky Star racy, I can't remember any sexual scenes at all to be honest. It's more cute girls doing cute and sometimes otaku like things and spending 10 minutes talking about how to eat a choco cornet.

To me, a 25 going on 26 year old male. A show that has 17 year olds playing sex games is racy.

#196 Posted by Darkstalker (677 posts) -

Anyone seen the new lupin anime? Ive watched the first 2 episodes and its pretty decent.

#197 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Fastest show I've dropped was Medaka Box. Lasted 5-6 minutes after the op and couldn't take much more of it.

Hmm... I remember that one. I didn't make it past the OP. I turned it off as it started. If I recall it was a very short opening that managed to focus on the characters breasts and ass for no reason other then to be an example of why anime is starting to bug me.

You guys are missing perhaps the most well written shounen, but I don't blame you for dropping the anime considering that it's adapting the part where the manga was nearly cancelled. It gets so good after that.

But yeah, if you don't like fanservice then you probably won't like Medaka Box.

#198 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Fastest show I've dropped was Medaka Box. Lasted 5-6 minutes after the op and couldn't take much more of it.

Hmm... I remember that one. I didn't make it past the OP. I turned it off as it started. If I recall it was a very short opening that managed to focus on the characters breasts and ass for no reason other then to be an example of why anime is starting to bug me.

You guys are missing perhaps the most well written shounen, but I don't blame you for dropping the anime considering that it's adapting the part where the manga was nearly cancelled.

It gets so good after that. But yeah, if you don't like fanservice then you probably won't like Medaka Box.

Maybe I'll check out the manga.

#199 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: Idk, you'll probably like it (or not, I'm not really sure), but I certainly didn't. Just everything about it made me angry, and none of the story bits and characters came off as sincere. I just--I don't know, gah...

#200 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Fastest show I've dropped was Medaka Box. Lasted 5-6 minutes after the op and couldn't take much more of it.

Hmm... I remember that one. I didn't make it past the OP. I turned it off as it started. If I recall it was a very short opening that managed to focus on the characters breasts and ass for no reason other then to be an example of why anime is starting to bug me.

You guys are missing perhaps the most well written shounen, but I don't blame you for dropping the anime considering that it's adapting the part where the manga was nearly cancelled.

It gets so good after that. But yeah, if you don't like fanservice then you probably won't like Medaka Box.

Maybe I'll check out the manga.

I don't know, maybe it's just me who is a complete sucker for 4th wall breaking and self-referential humour.