#601 Edited by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

@darji said:

@mezmero said:

@grissefar: Punk Hazard is still going. You might be better off waiting until it finishes. The pacing has taken a nose dive since the time skip even though I'm still enjoying it. It's just taking too long. One might argue that One Piece has always been that way but it just feels like it's gotten noticeably slower for the New Era. Seems like it's about ready to wrap up the arc in the following weeks but who knows.

Punk Hazard should be done in maybe 5 weeks or so. And before the new arc we probably see some filler Arc and start the new year with the new story Arc. And yeah Punk Hazard was really not exciting and the new one is not that exciting in the beginning as well but now its heating up in the Manga^^

So far after the big time skip things have gotten a lot more slowly and quiet but you really could not expect to easily top the past arcs before the time skip^^

Thanks man I guess I'll wait.

Yeah that's the price we pay for no filler so 1 chapter per episode. I hope I won't notice it as much if I watch a bunch of episode at a time, like when I was still catching up.

#602 Edited by EXTomar (4132 posts) -

@darji said:

@extomar said:

I really favor the first season of Code Geass over the other. It seems while they look year(s?) to come back they went completely bonkers! They should have stuck with the "friends have to become mortal enemies" thing instead of going off the weird end.

The second season was way to similar to the first season for me. I always had the feeling I have seen this already.

There was something weirdly Shakespearean about Code Geass season 1. I love stories with the idea of someone making a Faustian deal for revenge and finding out they sacrificed way to much to pull it off. Season 2 seemed to be way more about the cranking up "twists + turns = DRAMA!" with people swapping sides and alliances that warped things to the point I couldn't tell why they were bothering to fight each other. It got the point where I was more or less like CC and just wanted it to end. :)

#603 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

@darji said:

@mezmero said:

@grissefar: Punk Hazard is still going. You might be better off waiting until it finishes. The pacing has taken a nose dive since the time skip even though I'm still enjoying it. It's just taking too long. One might argue that One Piece has always been that way but it just feels like it's gotten noticeably slower for the New Era. Seems like it's about ready to wrap up the arc in the following weeks but who knows.

Punk Hazard should be done in maybe 5 weeks or so. And before the new arc we probably see some filler Arc and start the new year with the new story Arc. And yeah Punk Hazard was really not exciting and the new one is not that exciting in the beginning as well but now its heating up in the Manga^^

So far after the big time skip things have gotten a lot more slowly and quiet but you really could not expect to easily top the past arcs before the time skip^^

The manga pace in Punk Hazard was fine. The problem with the anime is the tremendous amount of filler they're putting in this arc. I stopped watching the anime a few months ago so I can just skip through all the filler and watch the parts that are in the manga.

#604 Posted by masterpaperlink (1824 posts) -

haha, the budget dries up and kill just turns into inferno cop

also kyousogiga, best show this season.

#605 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

Ok today I watched 2 total different things^^

1. Samurai Flamenco episode 3. And it is still great. Great characters great chemistry just fun to watch even though the animations sometimes were sadly very bad...

2. And then I watched ANDO-LLOYD: ~A.I. Knows Love?~. Ok it is not really animated but more a Jdrama but the plot and the effects could easily be Anime^^

The strangest thing in this one is that this is starring the probably most successful and famous drama TV star Japan has. Everything what is starring Takuya Kimura is an instant classic but this feels soooooo out of place. In fact both lead roles are top but the rest feels so strange. Interesting but still very strange. But even with this strange theme and style ANDO-LLOYD: ~A.I. Knows Love?~ was with over 19% the second highest watched drama this season. So if you want to check out something more sci-fi and goofy with japans best actor go and check it out XD

#606 Posted by DocHaus (1286 posts) -

Kill la Kill Ep #4 has an animation budget that rivals Inferno Cop. I'm hoping that was on purpose.

#607 Edited by DocHaus (1286 posts) -
#608 Edited by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

So Crunchyroll now has an online manga service. They have a back catalog of manga as well as simultaneous publishing. Not sure how many other companies do this (my interest in manga is fairly narrow so I don't keep up with this stuff) but I'm looking at some of the titles Cruncyroll has (which isn't many right now, but it just launched) and some have some appealing art, which is nice.

Not sure if I wanna dive in on it though as they kind of fucked up pretty hard on the membership stuff. They have free, anime, and anime+mange+drama. Not really interested in drama so no point in paying for what I don't consume.

#609 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

Samurai Flamenco 4: It is getting more and more serious and a new "hero" arrives and they team up. IT is really a fantastic show about being a hero in real life and what consequences that could have. Show of of the season so far for me^^

Also:

as bonus^^

#610 Edited by ILikePopCans (714 posts) -

@darji said:

Samurai Flamenco 4: It is getting more and more serious and a new "hero" arrives and they team up. IT is really a fantastic show about being a hero in real life and what consequences that could have. Show of of the season so far for me^^

Yes Yes, really good show. Not enough cop guy in 4 though.

#611 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

Hajime no Ippo 5 was so good.

Aoki is just ace.

Oh and Log Horizon, White Album and Kuroko were great as well. Such a strong season for me. The best on in years

#612 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

Now that we are several episodes into the new season what shows are you guys still watching? My crunchyroll subscription will end next week and I want to check out more new stuff.

Currently watching

Kill la Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata
Log Horizon
Valvrave
I couldn't become a hero...
Strike the Blood
Arpeggio of Blue Steel

I also watched Another a few weeks ago and I'm surprised I missed something like that when it came out. I really enjoyed it.

#613 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

@golguin said:

Now that we are several episodes into the new season what shows are you guys still watching? My crunchyroll subscription will end next week and I want to check out more new stuff.

Hajime no Ippo

Ace of Diamond

White Album

Log Horizon

Samurai flamenco

Kuroko no Basuke season2

Yowamushi Pedal

#614 Posted by Hunter5024 (5187 posts) -

Man the anime discussion thread fell all the way back to page 6. That's not cool.

Anyways I finally finished Steins;Gate after about 3 months of no spare time. It was amazing. Are Chaos;Head and Robotics;Note as good? Also does anybody know if they were released in english?

#615 Posted by DocHaus (1286 posts) -

Chaos;Head was terrible (though it did get released stateside), don't watch it. Robotics;Notes I have not seen enough of to make a judgment call, but it does not (yet) have a dub track.

#616 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (572 posts) -

Man the anime discussion thread fell all the way back to page 6. That's not cool.

Anyways I finally finished Steins;Gate after about 3 months of no spare time. It was amazing. Are Chaos;Head and Robotics;Note as good? Also does anybody know if they were released in english?

As someone who never understood the all the clamor over S;G, I will say I liked R;N a lot more than its awkward cousin. I remember liking Robotics;Notes in spite of its weird choice in pacing with which Steins;Gate shares. R;N is a people story that thoroughly earns all of its great moments through careful writing and genuine effort. It's distinctively different from S;G in almost every way, which I feel is for the better.

#617 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

I checked out Samurai Flamenco and I basically went in cold. I had no idea it was going to be the anime version of Kick Ass. It even has its own version of Hit Girl. Looks like it could go places so I'll stick with it.

Kyoukai No Kanata continues to be moe as hell, but it's KyoAni so you should already know that. I really like Lucky Star and K-On so the actions scenes are like a bonus. Also...DANCING!

#618 Edited by Mezmero (1647 posts) -

I'm surprised to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying this season of A-sports. Hajime no Ippo is fantastic as expected. I have a feeling Aoki is going to lose but I can't help but root for the guy after that ending. Kuroko no Basket is really silly in its portrayal of basketball though I kind of like it. I'll definitely need to check out that first season at some point. For now I'm enjoying how ridiculous it gets without the context of the characters. The real surprise is Yowamushi Pedal. I find the main character kind of insufferable but this is a genuinely intriguing concept for an anime. Not since Golden Boy have bicycles been so rad. And one of the characters sounds like Billy West doing a Kansai accent.

The odd one out is Ace of Diamond which I stopped watching a few weeks back. I just found the humor super corny and watching it was pretty boring overall. I rather catch up with Major which I'm behind on by like a season or two. And if anyone out there hates themselves then by all means watch Gundam Build Fighters. Some of the action is pretty awesome but everything else surrounding it is absolutely rotten. Don't watch it unless you're feeling masochistic.

#619 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (572 posts) -

Golden Time episode six: Boy, that sure escalated quickly. I'm not exactly sure how what happened led to what happened, but, sure, keep it going, Golden Time, I'll watch. You have me along for the ride, for better or for worse.

#620 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

With the events of the latest episode of Kill la Kill I think it's pretty much assured that Satsuki's mother (Mistress Ragyo) is going to end up being the final fight. Satsuki is going to become good when she discovers some dark secret about her family and she's going to team up with Ryuko to defeat her mother and become the head of the family. It's going to turn out that Mistress Ragyo is the one that killed her father.

I thought this was going to happen after Satsuki put on her "wedding dress" and after this episode I feel pretty confident in my prediction.

#621 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I picked up an Ipad Air this past week and now I am looking for some manga to read. I really haven't read much in the past decade. I've perused a few books over the years, but never really got too deep into anything. When I was in college I read a lot, but after that I found myself focusing on other hobbies. Anime was easier and faster digest than manga. So anyway, anyone have any suggestions? My favorite genres in anime are action-comedy and rom-coms, so that would be what I am looking for. Right now, I am reading Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple. Oh, and if anyone had any suggested manga or anime related apps, that would be helpful, too.

#622 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

Man this anime week is already fantastic^^

Samurai Flamenco:

And again we see the huge difference between Samurai Flamenco and Flamenco girl and now the others are involved too. Man I really think something really bad can happen with Flamenco girl in the end.

Log Horizon:

Great even more world explanation I really dig this world and the characters. It makes it so much more believable compared to something like Hack or Swordonline I can not wait how all of this will continue especially with 19 episodes left.

White Album:

Absolute fantastic adaption of a eroge visual novel. It really wants me to play that game after the anime is finished. Also I hope he will end up with Touma

Hajime no Ippo:

God dammit Aoki. great episode and fitting end for this fight.

Kuroko no basuke:

Oh man stupid cliffhanger but the episode was really intensive and none of these teams looked weak at all which is great since both teams are very likable.

#623 Posted by Rehtayne (126 posts) -

So, LB! Refrain ep. 6:

Hope no one was really looking forward to seeing the end of Rin 2 being animated this season! That was so damn rushed, though the anime-only audience probably won't know any better.

Ah well, that lets them have that much more time for Refrain itself. If that pans out, it'll have been worth it.

#624 Edited by SilentPredator (112 posts) -
@golguin said:

Still watching:

• Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova (Episode 5): Evil submarines with AIs. Originally this wasn't really on my radar, but just seemed kind of interesting. It's now become one of the shows I look forward to watching.
  • BlazBlue (Episode 3): I've fallen behind on this show, because it's just kind of boring. Might drop it.
  • Infinite Stratos 2 (Episode 6): I don't know why I'm still watching this. The hijinks are starting to get old and I don't like most of the girls in the harem.
  • Valvrave (Episode 5): Still interesting. Hasn't been as crazy though.
  • Kill la Kill (Episode 6): Interesting developments. I have gotten used to the craziness though. Saw a post someone about how Ryuko's kamui is like a "tuxedo" to Satsuki's "wedding dress". I hope that's a thing.
  • Kyoukai no Kanata (Episode 5): I don't really like Kuriyama (girl protagonist). Would be enjoying it a lot more if Mitsuki was the focus of the show. The production values on the show are amazing, but I may just drop this.
  • Unbreakable Machine Doll (Episode 5): Enjoying this a lot. Wasn't even on my radar until I saw a blog post somewhere about it.
  • Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (Episode 4): This girl wrestling show is still kind of dumb in a way I enjoy. The speeches about the pride of idols that happens makes me laugh every time.
  • Strike the Blood (Episode 6): My favorite show of the season. Objectively it's a very generic shonen anime, but for reasons I'm not sure of, I really like this show. I like the entire cast. The only other show I can say that about this season is Kill la Kill.
#625 Posted by Turambar (6491 posts) -
#626 Posted by Buneroid (407 posts) -

Should I start watching Bleach? I heard it goes full retard somewhere in the middle. Not that it would stop me from watching just wondering your opinions.

#627 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

@buneroid said:

Should I start watching Bleach? I heard it goes full retard somewhere in the middle. Not that it would stop me from watching just wondering your opinions.

Go for it the first 60+ episodes are really really grat (after the first 14 introduction episodes.)

#628 Edited by Buneroid (407 posts) -

@darji said:

@buneroid said:

Go for it the first 60+ episodes are really really grat (after the first 14 introduction episodes.)

Deal. Does it just deviate to far away from the manga after that or what? The manga came first right?

#629 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

@turambar said:

Otaku USA released a review/summary recently of a book written by Studio Madhouse on the history and inner workings of the anime industry in Japan, along with some harsh business realities. It's definitely worth a read for anyone interested, and can be found here.

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/Newsletter/News1/Anime_Real_vs_Dream_InDepth_Review_5316.aspx

Thanks for posting that. Sucks that the people who love what they do have to get fucked by business. In the end though I appreciate their willingness to keep doing what they love because it gives me things that I love.

Though I'll never pay $800 for a anime box set. I don't love it that much.

#630 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

@buneroid said:

@darji said:

@buneroid said:

Deal. Does it just deviate to far away from the manga after that or what? The manga came first right?

Nah it never deviate from the manga. It is just getting wired and kind of stupid. It is still enjoyable if you just watch all the non filler stuff with is quite a lot after the first Arc. Also if you ever ever have some time go and try Gintama. From episode 25 on it is absolute brilliant and the serious arcs feature excellent fights maybe even the best shounen fights ever XD.

#631 Edited by Buneroid (407 posts) -

@darji said:

@buneroid said:

@darji said:

@buneroid said:

Nah it never deviate from the manga. It is just getting wired and kind of stupid. It is still enjoyable if you just watch all the non filler stuff with is quite a lot after the first Arc. Also if you ever ever have some time go and try Gintama. From episode 25 on it is absolute brilliant and the serious arcs feature excellent fights maybe even the best shounen fights ever XD.

Ok thanks brother.

#632 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

I randomly stumbled on Outbreak Company with a premise so crazy (dude gets placed into an alternate world by Japanese government to spread Otaku culture) that it shouldn't work. I think it's pretty good. It's better than it should be. It reminds me of The World God Only Knows. Both shows sound pretty dumb if you read a summary, but watch the shows and some deeper shit goes down.

#633 Posted by ZombiePie (5375 posts) -

I attempted to convince another moderator to watch Kill la Kill with me, who will go un-named...(aka @gamer_152). As I attempted to describe the show he was like "nah MAN," and "you are a pervert for liking this." So here I am maligned again by my peers.

Moderator Online
#634 Edited by Video_Game_King (34660 posts) -

As I attempted to describe the show he was like "nah MAN," and "you are a pervert for liking this." So here I am maligned again by my peers.

Now you know how I feel when you guys reject every game I recommend for you.

I mean this for all of you.

#635 Posted by Gamer_152 (13977 posts) -

@zombiepie said:

I attempted to convince another moderator to watch Kill la Kill with me, who will go un-named...(aka @gamer_152). As I attempted to describe the show he was like "nah MAN," and "you are a pervert for liking this." So here I am maligned again by my peers.

These are heinous slander and lies. That was not what I called you a pervert for, and I said I'd get around to watching it at some point. I just have a lot of things to watch, and read, and play, and eat.

#636 Posted by ZombiePie (5375 posts) -

@zombiepie said:

As I attempted to describe the show he was like "nah MAN," and "you are a pervert for liking this." So here I am maligned again by my peers.

Now you know how I feel when you guys reject every game I recommend for you.

I mean this for all of you.

I will have you know that I OWN a copy of El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Anyways I really just want to have someone to talk to about Kill la Kill. This is a call for help.

Moderator Online
#637 Edited by Video_Game_King (34660 posts) -

@zombiepie:

Do you have Katawa Shoujo installed? Keep in mind that I have a Twitter account.

#638 Posted by DocHaus (1286 posts) -

@zombiepie: Well, Ep #7 is out. It's the old Saturday Morning Cartoon moral of "greed is bad, don't be greedy or you'll turn into a giant asshole" but taken TO THE EXTREME like every "lesson" this show teaches. Not the best episode but still amusing. And the next episode preview promises an EPIC DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST.

Between Kill la Kill, Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco, I am content with this season.

#639 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

Samurai Flamenco 6

This was the best episode yet and he becomes more and more a true superhero. The grow of his character really interesting. And as a bonus Mari is more and more into her cosplay fetish XD

Without a doubt the show of this season for me.

#640 Edited by ZombiePie (5375 posts) -

@dochaus said:

@zombiepie: Well, Ep #7 is out. It's the old Saturday Morning Cartoon moral of "greed is bad, don't be greedy or you'll turn into a giant asshole" but taken TO THE EXTREME like every "lesson" this show teaches. Not the best episode but still amusing. And the next episode preview promises an EPIC DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST.

That is exactly why I'm one of the few people that honestly did not like episode seven. I checked out Tumblr and the reception seems overwhelmingly positive about the episode, which yes I take with a grain of salt. I think most people are: 1) under eighteen, and 2) crazy people that think Mako is a "good/original" character.

There is one thing that I can't get over with this show as we reach the eight episode. Isn't the major conceit/premise that Matoi needs to figure out who killed her father? Now she's defeated a dozen people, and the most she knows is that the council President kind of sort of hinted that she knows who her father was. Why have a hackneyed revenge plot in the first place if you aren't even going to address it.? This shit hasnn't progressed beyond episode three at this point! She could be fighting the wrong freaking people who had nothing to do with her father's death and not know it. That and these canon fodder battles are just come across as incredibly pointless, and worse repetitious. My prediction is that Satsuki's mom is like Mom from Futurama, and Matoi's father was the professor Farnsworth. His great ideas got stolen by someone more cunning than him.

Now about the actual episode. The two things I did not like about this episode were Mako, and the growing allegory about class. So Mako…she’s a loud and stupid sidekick monkey that speaks in riddles and acts like a lunatic. Thus far that’s how the writers have depicted her, and that’s all I see in her. She’s not special; she’s an archetype that I have been aware of since Azumanga Daioh. Giving her more face time rather than tying up all of those loose ends I mentioned before just drives me insane. People like her because they like crazy characters that act like

I think you kind of agree with me that this metaphor about class and the evils of a material society is WEAK. I get it… this society is tragically flawed because it values personal wealth and classifies people based on the clothes that they wear. Yes I understand that you feel like this detracts from the traditional values of Japan. Jesus Christ I understand what you are saying about how money and personal wealth make you lose sight of what is important like friends and family! What I’m trying to say is that it is painfully spelled out to the audience, again, and again leaving little to the imagination. Also, this sort of commentary is something you normally slowly and surely build up to with time, and not just drop a bomb on the eighth episode that this is what this show is going to be about.

Anyways, I’ve brambled for too long about this. Though it is nice to see that I still “got it.” This negativity aside I’m legitimately excited about the next episode because it looks like it is going to center on Ira (my personal favorite character), and an election. Oh boy am I excited to see what Trigger has to say about social elites controlling the democratic process.

Moderator Online
#641 Posted by takashichea (339 posts) -

@zombiepie:

This episode and the morning race one are my least favorite episodes. Ep. 4 had too many panty shots for me. For Ep. 7, I like Mako, but it was weird seeing her in the limelight like that. It was out of character for her. Kill la Kill is like a roller coaster. Some episodes suck while others are awesome. It balances out.

#642 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (572 posts) -

KlK episode seven is a little weird due to the mismatch between theme and tone. I don't want to see KlK get super serious all of a sudden and go all introspective on us, but oversimplifying weighty subject matter is worse than not having any at all. Stay crazy and stay stupid, Kill la Kill.

Golden Time is turning out to be my secret favourite show of the season. I don't even know how to explain it because it's just all over the place in terms of everything, but it has a weird awkward charm like something you get from watching a bad, but sincere, comedy routine. It's like bad manzai, where all of the characters are the boke and the audience is the tsukkomi. And they never stop. Those cringe-inducing dumb moments and dialogue just never stop coming. Never change, Golden Time, because the moment you do, you lose everything.

I'm really enjoying this season so far. Lots of variety to choose from, too.

#643 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

@dochaus said:

That is exactly why I'm one of the few people that honestly did not like episode seven. I checked out Tumblr and the reception seems overwhelmingly positive about the episode, which yes I take with a grain of salt. I think most people are: 1) under eighteen, and 2) crazy people that think Mako is a "good/original" character.

There is one thing that I can't get over with this show as we reach the eight episode. Isn't the major conceit/premise that Matoi needs to figure out who killed her father? Now she's defeated a dozen people, and the most she knows is that the council President kind of sort of hinted that she knows who her father was. Why have a hackneyed revenge plot in the first place if you aren't even going to address it.? This shit hasnn't progressed beyond episode three at this point! She could be fighting the wrong freaking people who had nothing to do with her father's death and not know it. That and these canon fodder battles are just come across as incredibly pointless, and worse repetitious. My prediction is that Satsuki's mom is like Mom from Futurama, and Matoi's father was the professor Farnsworth. His great ideas got stolen by someone more cunning than him.

Now about the actual episode. The two things I did not like about this episode were Mako, and the growing allegory about class. So Mako…she’s a loud and stupid sidekick monkey that speaks in riddles and acts like a lunatic. Thus far that’s how the writers have depicted her, and that’s all I see in her. She’s not special; she’s an archetype that I have been aware of since Azumanga Daioh. Giving her more face time rather than tying up all of those loose ends I mentioned before just drives me insane. People like her because they like crazy characters that act like

I think you kind of agree with me that this metaphor about class and the evils of a material society is WEAK. I get it… this society is tragically flawed because it values personal wealth and classifies people based on the clothes that they wear. Yes I understand that you feel like this detracts from the traditional values of Japan. Jesus Christ I understand what you are saying about how money and personal wealth make you lose sight of what is important like friends and family! What I’m trying to say is that it is painfully spelled out to the audience, again, and again leaving little to the imagination. Also, this sort of commentary is something you normally slowly and surely build up to with time, and not just drop a bomb on the eighth episode that this is what this show is going to be about.

Anyways, I’ve brambled for too long about this. Though it is nice to see that I still “got it.” This negativity aside I’m legitimately excited about the next episode because it looks like it is going to center on Ira (my personal favorite character), and an election. Oh boy am I excited to see what Trigger has to say about social elites controlling the democratic process.

I think you want Kill la Kill to be something that it's not. I really enjoyed episode 7. I didn't mind the whole "greed is evil" thing and I've been waiting for Mako to reveal her true evil intentions as a deep cover agent for Satsuki so I was totally ready to see her reveal during the episode, but that didn't happen. What we did get was a nice story about loyalty, family pressure, and the courage to stand up for what's right.

#644 Posted by Crembaw (240 posts) -

KlK does seem to kind of jump around in its topics, but they almost all involve some kind of anti-authoritarianism at their root. I guess I appreciate that overly much due to my innate alignments, to the point that I don't really mind the outfits at all. Though, that probably says more about me than it.

It's no LoGH, but then, what else IS? No, seriously, is there anything else like it? Either in the SPAYSSWARZ or the political intrigue sensibilities.

#645 Posted by DocHaus (1286 posts) -

@crembaw: Closest I can think of is Crest/Banner of the Stars, if only because it had space elves and lots of technobabble with space battles and I saw it many years ago when Tech TV still existed and can't remember a damn thing about the plot now.

#646 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (572 posts) -

@crembaw: Tytania, maybe? It's as space opera as space operas get, but if you're looking for a conclusive story, it might be wise to look elsewhere since Tytania ends very abruptly.

#647 Edited by golguin (3682 posts) -

I finished watching Future Diary yesterday and while I mostly enjoyed it the show's weakest link was the protagonist Yuki. What is with shows that feature weak ass protagonists? The other diary users all acknowledged how weak Yuki is (some made an effort to try to get him to change) so it has to be a thing in Japan to shit all over weak protagonists to make the other characters shine.

I wonder if I liked the other diary users because of how they compared to Yuki. Most of them lived through terrible situations and ended up a bit crazy, but at least they weren't cowards through 90% of the show.

#648 Posted by ILikePopCans (714 posts) -

@golguin said:

I finished watching Future Diary yesterday and while I mostly enjoyed it the show's weakest link was the protagonist Yuki. What is with shows that feature weak ass protagonists? The other diary users all acknowledged how weak Yuki is (some made an effort to try to get him to change) so it has to be a thing in Japan to shit all over weak protagonists to make the other characters shine.

I wonder if I liked the other diary users because of how they compared to Yuki. Most of them lived through terrible situations and ended up a bit crazy, but at least they weren't cowards through 90% of the show.

Oh YEAH, I totally watched that show when it came out. I didn't hate Yuki but I agree he is the most uninteresting character in a show full of interesting characters. I did lose the plot toward the end (time travel/new universes is always bullshit) and maybe too much of a bummer for me.

#649 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -

Samurai Flamenco 7 WTF WAS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously WHAT

#650 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (572 posts) -

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Samurai Flamenco....... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I don't know what is going on anymore. Either this is for real and the creators lost it, or Masayoshi huffed some of the heroin during that drug bust and is tripping the fuck out. THIS IS INSANE, AND NOT REALLY IN A GOOD WAY.

WHAT THE FUCK.