This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1251 Edited by golguin (4517 posts) -

@alexandersheen said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

SO i broke down and watched a fan sub of Kill La Kill ep 22, and guys it was glorious. That last shot was amazing...i was squealing in delight like a little school girl. This show just keeps delivering on hype. Spoilers below

Are you guys ready

Because its happening

Also Samurai Flamenco gets strange again but i like the Goto-san stuff. You know what this show needs? some more twists

It gave me "the feels." Every moment after the fight with Nui was either heartwarming or pumping you up for the final showdown.

Also, seeing Satsuki acting like a big sister is great but at the same time, it makes me a little bit worried. Kamina anyone?

Who here still doubts the power of Kill la Kill to BRING IT? Episode 22 was indeed full of "feels" and so much hype that I literally yelled at the screen during both moments.

On more thing. I called it a while ago when we learned about their alien nature, but the life fibers...are totally pulling a Lavos.

#1252 Posted by super2j (2062 posts) -

@golguin said:

@alexandersheen said:

@thebunnyhunter said:

SO i broke down and watched a fan sub of Kill La Kill ep 22, and guys it was glorious. That last shot was amazing...i was squealing in delight like a little school girl. This show just keeps delivering on hype. Spoilers below

Are you guys ready

Because its happening

Also Samurai Flamenco gets strange again but i like the Goto-san stuff. You know what this show needs? some more twists

It gave me "the feels." Every moment after the fight with Nui was either heartwarming or pumping you up for the final showdown.

Also, seeing Satsuki acting like a big sister is great but at the same time, it makes me a little bit worried. Kamina anyone?

Who here still doubts the power of Kill la Kill to BRING IT? Episode 22 was indeed full of "feels" and so much hype that I literally yelled at the screen during both moments.

On more thing. I called it a while ago when we learned about their alien nature, but the life fibers...are totally pulling a Lavos.

I am getting rehyped over here!! both those scenes made me so excited. Satsuki and her crew have become like the best thing. And if they were just the main characters good guys, it wouldn't be as satisfying. I really like them starting out as "bad guys". Sewing guy is making new suits right? what are the chances mako also get a 3 star upgrade :). And it is super clear they are going to space!

#1253 Edited by Animasta (14820 posts) -

SAILOR MOON IS COMING

GET HYPE

#1254 Edited by rubberluffy (520 posts) -
Loading Video...

edit: replaced with subbed version

#1255 Posted by super2j (2062 posts) -

@animasta: What do you mean? is there a new show or something?

@rubberluffy: JO JOOOOOO. I haven't read the manga, season 2 Jojo is the best. I know show takes a much more different turn in season 3, I can't wait. Right when Kill la kill is ending, another awesome and ridiculous show is starting,woo.

Has anyone kept up with the manga D-frag? Is it me or is it just confusing?

#1256 Posted by OneManX (1709 posts) -

@thebunnyhunter said:

Are you guys ready

Because its happening

HELL YEAH!!

That Dual Transformation was probably my favorite moment in the series so far, the music kicks in and I just got gossebumps

And yeah for the longest I felt Matoi would be the one to die and Satsuki would be the one to take over, but that moment before they changed, I feel like Satsuki is on the death block,

#1257 Posted by Bocam (3985 posts) -
#1259 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

@bocam said:

@video_game_king will probably want to hear this.

And I probably would if the fucking notifications were working properly.

#1260 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

@bocam said:

Durarara is getting a second season. Are you ready for Breaking Bad: The high school days?

That's awesome news. Thanks, bocam!

#1261 Posted by Mezmero (2348 posts) -

Hajime No Ippo continues to be the emotional roller coaster that it's always been. As soon as I heard someone say "Hiroshima" I was like "FUUUUUUCK!" Did not expect them to be wrapping up the latest season with such an awesome premise. I'm liking the new episodes of One Piece more and more no matter how slow it moves. It's a good thing too because I've not been impressed with the past few arcs. It's very reminiscent of Dragon Ball in a good way and I can't get enough of it. The latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was incredible. It strikes a perfect balance of action, comedy, plotting, and old-school fan service. It's going to be hard to top that episode in terms of raw entertainment going forward. Other than that it's my typical diet of Kuroko no Basket, Yowamushi Pedal, Space Dandy, Regular Show, and Teen Titans Go, all of which are still pretty good. Getting myself pumped for April when JoJo (and Game of Thrones) return to TV.

#1262 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

For whatever reason, I went to the Hummingbird Forums for the first time in months. Remember when I mentioned their Masturbation thread? Well guess what... someone raised the bar. You guys gonna love this: NSFW Skype chat!

From the first post:

Hey you perverts.

I have made a NSFW chat on skype where we can all share glorious hentai together. Any kind!

No limitations what so ever.

Only rule is don't be a dick.

Add me on skype and just send me a message and I shall add you.

From what I've gathered, it's basically a big circle jerk. Also, could you guys do OP a solid and join his (it must be a dude) skype chat? He's looking for more participants in a little aggressive way.

Edit: Looking for more people! We're very active
....we've got Yuri. Join us dammit.

But wait, there's more! At some point a fucking staff member joined the chat.

Mh, I should just sneak into this chat, it's widely known that I'm a pervert perverted gentleman.

Those forums are fantastic. I'm having a great time.

#1263 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (4766 posts) -

@alexandersheen said:

For whatever reason, I went to the Hummingbird Forums for the first time in months. Remember when I mentioned their Masturbation thread? Well guess what... someone raised the bar. You guys gonna love this: NSFW Skype chat!

From the first post:

Hey you perverts.

I have made a NSFW chat on skype where we can all share glorious hentai together. Any kind!

No limitations what so ever.

Only rule is don't be a dick.

Add me on skype and just send me a message and I shall add you.

From what I've gathered, it's basically a big circle jerk. Also, could you guys do OP a solid and join his (it must be a dude) skype chat? He's looking for more participants in a little aggressive way.

Edit: Looking for more people! We're very active

....we've got Yuri. Join us dammit.

But wait, there's more! At some point a fucking staff member joined the chat.

Mh, I should just sneak into this chat, it's widely known that I'm a pervert perverted gentleman.

Those forums are fantastic. I'm having a great time.

Heh, coming in reading the last post has got me confuzzled. Time to scroll up.

I've recently had a fascination with sports anime and been watching the Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21 series on Crunchyroll. Was wondering if there's any other sports series people would recommend out there. I heard Kuroko was alright and I'm planning to watch to start a little bit of Inazuma Eleven since playing the game on eShop.

#1264 Posted by redgetan (13 posts) -

@i_stay_puft Good choice on Slam Dunk. One of my favs (the manga is enjoyable as well). Im not sure if you've know about "Real" (kind of like slam dunk - same manga artist - but paralympics style. )

#1265 Edited by Mezmero (2348 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

I've recently had a fascination with sports anime and been watching the Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21 series on Crunchyroll. Was wondering if there's any other sports series people would recommend out there. I heard Kuroko was alright and I'm planning to watch to start a little bit of Inazuma Eleven since playing the game on eShop.

Slam Dunk is pretty rad. Not sure how it would hold up now but it's definitely has one of my favorite main characters in any sports anime. I don't typically like any of the main protagonists in such shows compared to support characters so that's saying something. I have some affection for Prince of Tennis even if I think the downtime between the actual matches is lame as hell. One-Outs is pretty sweet though it's more of a series about gambling on the pitcher's mound than about the actual sport of baseball. Hajime No ippo is definitely a must watch. Undoubtedly one of my all time faves at this point.

#1266 Posted by Bocam (3985 posts) -

I just got caught up with Space Dandy and it sure did turn out to be a wild ride. It's too bad it seems like there are only two episodes left.

#1267 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1516 posts) -

Latest episode of Kill la Kill was good, wasn't digging the first few minutes of it (not enough Mako being a badass) but with the newly dressed Elite Four and a great soundtrack won me over, this hype train is still chugging along.....but only for one more episode D: After next week im gonna have to find a new show, maybe ill check out this Space Dandy.

#1268 Edited by golguin (4517 posts) -

Latest episode of Kill la Kill was good, wasn't digging the first few minutes of it (not enough Mako being a badass) but with the newly dressed Elite Four and a great soundtrack won me over, this hype train is still chugging along.....but only for one more episode D: After next week im gonna have to find a new show, maybe ill check out this Space Dandy.

Ah damn, I didn't realize the show wasn't going to be 26 episodes. The HYPE TRAIN has not stopped for a second, but now it's for TRIGGER to finish this and move on to Little Witch Academia 2. For anyone watching the episode DONT SKIP THE CREDITS!

#1269 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

Man, Kiryuuin Ragyuo is one hellova freaky bitch. And out of curiosity, how many of you thought about something else when Ryuko showed the hand sign to Satsuki? Something that has to do with Ragyou and her child molester habit.

#1270 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7595 posts) -

Is that Star Wars: The Clone Wars show any good? Been hearing a ton about it since the last season is out on Netflix?

Also, about how long does it take popular anime (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill) to get dubbed releases? Wouldn't mind being able to enjoy the art of AoT without having to read text all the time.

Yeah, if you're a Star Wars fan, the Clone Wars is worth watching. The quality dramatically increases as the show goes on and while the episodes vary from being good to pretty mediocre, it largely makes up for those prequel movies, even retconning the medichlorians into something a thousand times less dumb, but still making sense in the context of how they were explained Episode 1.

#1271 Edited by Bocam (3985 posts) -

Details on Hanamonogatari have come. 5 episodes, 1 episode airing each week starting from May 31st.

#1272 Posted by rubberluffy (520 posts) -
Loading Video...

Jotaro PV. Fucking badass.

#1273 Posted by ILikePopCans (824 posts) -

Yowamushi Pedal, Ace of Diamond

#1274 Posted by DocHaus (1633 posts) -

@i_stay_puft: Check out Giant Killing if you haven't already. Japanese soccer coach taking an under-performing team to the top.

#1275 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (4766 posts) -
#1276 Edited by Zomgfruitbunnies (998 posts) -

While I doubt anyone here is still following Wizard Barristers, HOLY CRAP, this week's episode. If you thought Evangelion was bad when it ran out of animation money.... DAT SLIDESHOW, man.

#1277 Posted by believer258 (12794 posts) -

@bocam said:

Durarara is getting a second season. Are you ready for Breaking Bad: The high school days?

Isn't this the third season? I thought the whole Saika thing was the second season. Either way, I really liked the first half but that latter half was pretty dumb and, too often, pretty boring. Part of me wants to see its sister series, Baccano, get a second season, but then the Baccano that we already have is so damn perfect that I don't want to chance ruining it.

#1278 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2844 posts) -

@rubberluffy: Damn! Stardust Crusaders is looking sweet! I actually haven't seen any of the previous JoJo series', despite having the best intentions to watch them at some point, but consider me super hyped for this one!
I mean, damn, the animation looks really great, that art style is giving me a huge classic shonen vibe (Much in the same way Attack on Titan did), and the presentation looks top-notch. Also, the soundtrack (especially in the Jotaro PV you posted) is giving me a huge No More Heroes vibe.
I think perhaps I'll go back and watch all the other series in preparation for this new one.

Oh, also, if anybody's interested, I made a profile over at MyAnimeList and filled it with all of the anime I've ever watched (unless I forgot something).
Feel free to send me a friend request on there! :)
http://myanimelist.net/profile/vigorousjammer

#1279 Edited by ILikePopCans (824 posts) -

Isn't this the third season? I thought the whole Saika thing was the second season. Either way, I really liked the first half but that latter half was pretty dumb and, too often, pretty boring. Part of me wants to see its sister series, Baccano, get a second season, but then the Baccano that we already have is so damn perfect that I don't want to chance ruining it.

What are you talking about. The second half of the first season is FINE. Not noticeable worse then the first at least. Excited to hear about the second season.

#1280 Edited by Aegon (6646 posts) -

So, I've been watching Bakemonogatari and...

'sup
...oh, my.

Edit: I'm still laughing.

#1281 Edited by Hunter5024 (6358 posts) -

I saw Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises). It was kind of boring, and has the same problem I have with nearly every biographical movie, it feels more like a series of events than a cohesive story. This movie is particularly egregious in that respect because, as I understand it, large parts of the story are fictionalized, so they didn't even have authenticity as an excuse. Idk what the fuck was going on with that french dude in the world of dreams or whatever. I did cry at one part, but that's because they hit my weak point. It looked good, as pretty much all of the Ghibli films do, but even in terms of visuals, it wasn't as cool to me as some of their more fantastical stuff, just because they didn't get to flex their imaginations as much. Did anybody else see it?

Side note, for my Japanese class our teacher had us learn a song in Japanese to help with our pronunciation. He chose Hikoukigumo, from this movie, and I have every word memorized. Seeing this with several members of my class, when Hikoukigumo started playing over the credits, we sang it like assholes.

Edit: Darji said something about Attack on Titan in English, is the dub out?

#1282 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (4766 posts) -

While most posts here have mostly been about anime I kinda want to thrown in some talk about the latest season of Archer Vice. What a killer revamp to the series that's been pretty fun and bizarre so far. Just recently caught up to the latest episode and I gotta say so far this has been my favorite season. Hopefully it doesn't blow (phrasing) towards the season finale.

#1283 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2844 posts) -

Darji said something about Attack on Titan in English, is the dub out?

Funi's been posting some clips on their YouTube channel recently if you wanna hear what the characters sound like. The BluRay is scheduled for June 3.
Personally, I think the cast seems like a mixed bag of good & bad. I think Armin probably sounds the best out of all the characters I've heard, here's a clip:

Loading Video...
#1284 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

Final predictions on the ending of KILL la KILL GO!

Someone (probably Satsuki and maybe others too) will die during the fight with Ragyo, Ryuko kills Ragyo, the COVERS flee the Earth in reaction to that while the humans are inside of them and the remaining people will rebuild Hannouji as humanity's last big city. And then hundreds of years later Shingeki no Kyojin will happen.

Don't ask me how I came up with this. (I've pulled it out of my ass, pretty much.)

#1285 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1516 posts) -

Oh man Kill La Kill has ended, and it will be missed. This is one of the shows where i was extremely satisfied how it ends. Spoilers i guess

Senketsu being destroyed by the power he's absorbed was heart wrenching, and when Matoi sees a sailor uniform at the end....gosh way to tear out my heart and crush it like Ragyo. It was also neat seeing how Gamagori is preparing to ask out Mako in the end credits, lets hope she says yes (we'll never know...how could Trigger do this to us)

Goodbye show, its been one hell of a ride.

#1286 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12707 posts) -

Welp, I watched the last episode of Kill La Kill and I'm left... unsatisfied. Part of that comes from me sort of turning on the show around the halfway mark (when Life Fibers were revealed to be The Reapers or any other given genocidal monolithic alien force), but it really just reminded me of Gurren Lagann's ending without the catharsis... which I guess can extend to what I don't like about the rest of the show as well. KLK is self-aware that it's totally bonkers, but I don't think Ryuko is a very interesting protagonist and the supporting cast can only go so far.

#1287 Posted by rubberluffy (520 posts) -

I think perhaps I'll go back and watch all the other series in preparation for this new one.

You only need to watch the 2012 TV series, since it covers Parts 1 and 2, with Stardust being Part 3. P1 is pretty dated (it is from 1987, a lot of the series' themes not really set in stone yet), but P2 is magical. There's a set of OVAs from 1993 and 2000, which cover a severely abridged version of Part 3. They're...not great. They have moments of amazing animation (some episodes by the best in the biz at the time), but the tone just doesn't feel right (a little too serious, I think), and there's too much story missing. You can watch them but I'd wait until after the P3 TV series is done.

#1288 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

It's been a long road, getting from there to here. For me, KILL la KILL is the thing other animes have to beat this year.

And finally, the best fanservice I've seen watching this whole show:

Goddamn that blush. She's fucking adorable!

#1289 Posted by golguin (4517 posts) -

Trigger did it! Kill la Kill is officially a top tier anime classic.

#1290 Posted by OneManX (1709 posts) -

@golguin said:

Trigger did it! Kill la Kill is officially a top tier anime classic.

I was praying SO hard for Trigger to stick the landing on this one, and man... they SOOOOO did.

#1291 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2844 posts) -

@vigorousjammer said:

You only need to watch the 2012 TV series, since it covers Parts 1 and 2, with Stardust being Part 3. P1 is pretty dated (it is from 1987, a lot of the series' themes not really set in stone yet), but P2 is magical. There's a set of OVAs from 1993 and 2000, which cover a severely abridged version of Part 3. They're...not great. They have moments of amazing animation (some episodes by the best in the biz at the time), but the tone just doesn't feel right (a little too serious, I think), and there's too much story missing. You can watch them but I'd wait until after the P3 TV series is done.

Yeah, after looking into it, that's what I decided on. I'm up to episode 13 of the 2012 series now. I didn't care for P1 much at all... but P2 (even after just 3 episodes) has made that all better. It's so good! :D

#1292 Edited by BabyChooChoo (5251 posts) -

My thoughts on KLK remain unchanged. Pretty good start (4-5 episodes or something like that), but then everything is just kinda meh at best from then on out.

On a different note, man, I've missed a lot of Gundam series apparently. Started watching Turn A. Pretty slow start compared to the few other Gundam series I've seen (was the weird coming of age ceremony also an orgy? because it certainly felt like they were trying to imply it was an orgy. Just sayin...), but it certainly picks up and so far so good.

#1293 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

That's the best? It doesn't look particularly well drawn.

#1294 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

@alexandersheen said:

For me personally, yes that is the best one. But, if you want to find the actual best fanservice which is "real" fanservice, there's a couple of moments here and there you could choose from.

#1295 Edited by Bocam (3985 posts) -

The third Madoka movie is pretty fucking great (though for a product people are paying money for, the translation provided is pretty shitty). It's fanservice done right.

#1296 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

I'm on episode 7 of Nisekoi and there is something that bothers me. Why is there like a million "10 year old promises" floating around? People with different backgrounds made promises when they were little kids, devoted themselves to it and remember about them still. Why? How?!

#1297 Edited by super2j (2062 posts) -

@alexandersheen said:

@video_game_king said:

@alexandersheen said:

For me personally, yes that is the best one. But, if you want to find the actual best fanservice which is "real" fanservice, there's a couple of moments here and there you could choose from.

Considering how over the top and prevalent the "fan service" was in show, the true fan service was the innocent stuff like this. I totally see where you are coming from. I did find it weird how both Satsuki and Ryuoko (spelling?) got super lovey dovey(in a sibling kind of way), I mean both were pretty hardcore characters. Their reaction was too much too fast. I mean Satsuki freaking the hell out and catching Ryuoko was a great scene but its like she became a different character. Also... Giant naked group hug.

As for Nisekoi, I assumed there was a cartoon or some kids craze for these lockets and our main cast were the most dedicated. I mean he can barely remember a persons face, if that is an indication of how good memory is for his generation... maybe everyone else just forgot all about that locket craze of 2003-4.

#1298 Edited by Aegon (6646 posts) -

So, I finished watching Bakemonogatari yesterday.

Why is Koyomi such a pedophile? Is there a point to this show other than the strange and impossible conversations that happen? Is the part where he saves / fights / whatever with that Shinobu vampire ever shown in another season?

#1299 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

@aegon said:

Why is Koyomi such a pedophile?

Just you fucking wait until Nisemonogatari. Nothing but pedophilia and sexuality for no goddamn reason.

#1300 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5148 posts) -

@aegon said:

Why is Koyomi such a pedophile?

Just you fucking wait until Nisemonogatari. Nothing but pedophilia and sexuality for no goddamn reason.

Because he's a horny teenager?