#1651 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

Black_Bullet 8 ~ I stopped watching for a couple of weeks cause i was not feeling it. Hey it got better and also 2 CUTEEEEE

#1652 Edited by Hamst3r (4479 posts) -

I watched Corpse Party last weekend and enjoyed it, so I'm interested in finding more horror anime. Got any recommendations? I'm already watching When They Cry, and have Another and Ghost Hunt on my list. I'm about halfway through When They Cry and it's getting pretty interesting now, but it's not as weird or as horror-tastic as I'd like. Corpse Party had a lot more horror-type stuff going for it, which is what I'm interested in.

Anything else I should look into?

#1653 Posted by Hailinel (24289 posts) -

I love how the villain in Sailor Moon Episode 5 has the obvious glowing video game boss weak point.

#1654 Posted by Sergio (2080 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Who's more adorable? Tina or Enju?

Trick question!

#1655 Posted by Hailinel (24289 posts) -

Oh, man. The villain in Sailor Moon Episode 6 fails at her job completely.

#1656 Edited by EdgeKasey (130 posts) -
#1657 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (766 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

I watched Corpse Party last weekend and enjoyed it, so I'm interested in finding more horror anime. Got any recommendations? I'm already watching When They Cry, and have Another and Ghost Hunt on my list. I'm about halfway through When They Cry and it's getting pretty interesting now, but it's not as weird or as horror-tastic as I'd like. Corpse Party had a lot more horror-type stuff going for it, which is what I'm interested in.

Maybe give Shiki a shot? Has some pacing problems and the art style might take some getting use to, but really great at establishing atmosphere.

@sergio said:

Trick question!

Why is it always a choice, man? Why can't we just love all lolis equally?

#loliequality2014

#1658 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

@sergio said:

Trick question!

DON'T make me choose!!

DUH, Tina

#1659 Edited by golguin (3869 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

Make sure to keep watching Higurashi (when they cry) all the way through and then watch the 2nd season. It keeps going and going and you need to watch it all to fully understand it. You'll know what I'm talking about when you finish the first season and are left with a big question mark. It goes deeper.

Another is fantastic and you should watch that.

Corpse Party sounds like it would be amazing, but I'm watching the first game right now.

I can't think of any other anime that I would categorize as strictly "horror."

#1660 Edited by Sergio (2080 posts) -
#1661 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1662 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1663 Edited by Sergio (2080 posts) -
#1664 Posted by super2j (1666 posts) -

Avengers assemble was really good. There were a number of episodes that focused on the hulk and they were all well done and my favourite part. This show was serious and well animated, much better that Ultimate spiderman, yuck.

The end of Onepiece last week was pretty awesome, I got super hyped up... but come on Luffy! you are trying to stay under cover... but i bet they knew all along.

Jojo, is still enjoyable but season 2 was waayy better, that jojo was playful and a trickster. Won't jotaro need to know hamon to be able to take down Dio? do they know he is a vampire? I mean if Jotaro is half as good as Joseph was in Season 2, he could easily finish off a vampire, why bother with stands?

#1665 Posted by rubberluffy (445 posts) -

@super2j said:

Jojo, is still enjoyable but season 2 was waayy better, that jojo was playful and a trickster. Won't jotaro need to know hamon to be able to take down Dio? do they know he is a vampire? I mean if Jotaro is half as good as Joseph was in Season 2, he could easily finish off a vampire, why bother with stands?

Araki got bored with Ripple, and had pretty much used up all the ideas he had for it. Stands are supposed to be an evolution of the Ripple (except when they aren't), and Jotaro knowing the Ripple would be pretty worthless considering that the majority of enemies in this part aren't vampires/zombies. Any Ripple user without a Stand going up against DIO (who has one) would just die. Also Joseph is lazy and hasn't kept up his Ripple training, anyway.

It's Stands all the way to the current part in the manga, they are the iconic JoJo power afterall, no one really thinks of Ripple when they think of JoJo. It allows for a much better enemy and power variety.

#1666 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1668 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4362 posts) -

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Mushishi got delayed again.

Hopefully, Kawaisou still comes out in time because I already caught up with Break Blade and I have jack shit else to watch. I'm half-tempted to break out my copy of Wolf's Rain and see if that's anywhere as good as I remember it...

#1669 Posted by rubberluffy (445 posts) -

Rerorerorerorerorero

#1670 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1671 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

How is Sailor Moon holding up so far? Is there any way to watch it (legally of course) in Canada?

#1672 Posted by RecSpec (3799 posts) -

Rerorerorerorerorero

More spent on animation in that segment than the entirety of the first 2 parts.

#1673 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1674 Posted by golguin (3869 posts) -

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this? I'm like a week late for some Fate/Stay Night remake HYPE!

#1675 Posted by GTCknight (691 posts) -

I have only one thing to say

Benisuzume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1676 Posted by Mezmero (1858 posts) -

Rerorerorerorerorero

Under no circumstances are you to tell Matt Rorie that this episode exists...

#1677 Posted by Bocam (3706 posts) -

Mekakucity Actors 08 was really disappointing. Watch this after you've seen the episode

#1678 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei 09 ~ Alright ep, i guess they did not explain what they did to the dude to make him so emotionless.

also i hope some one is keeping a "onii-sama" count for the show.

#1679 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4966 posts) -

Finished the first season of Love Live! and it was alright. Sadly, the main girl of the group, Honoka, is the worst of them. She's basically a cliche shounen protagonist but without any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Which is weird considering this is an idol show. Fortunately, most of the other girls are likeable, so that's good.

also i hope some one is keeping a "onii-sama" count for the show.

It's over 9000. This might be actually true.

#1680 Edited by DinosaurCanada (93 posts) -

Not sure how I feel about some of the dialogue and characterization changes in the Attack on Titan dub. Eren comes off as a stupid douchebag in this version instead of just naive, which seems like it could possibly make tonight's episode less affecting for some.

In Irregular at Magic High School, flashy bullshit is still happening. However, the RoboCop gun makes another appearance.

In addition, and this might have been said already and I know it's drawn by the same person, but I think the character designs are a little too Code Geassy...

#1681 Edited by Neonie (438 posts) -

@bocam: Don't you mean watch this:

(Seriously, the Vocaloid version of all these songs is like, a million times better then the covers. It's ridiculous.)

#1682 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

AnoHana Movie Finished ~ A movie sequel to the show. Has new animation and some recap bits. Fantastic combo show + movie.

#1683 Posted by Aegon (5473 posts) -

Just finished Kill La Kill.

I'd rate it a crazy hyperactive comedy-action cosplay sword-fight with creepy mom / 5.

So here's what the list of anime to try out looks like now:

• Kill La Kill
  • Space Dandy
  • Mahouka
  • Sidonia
  • + No game No life
  • + Kawai Complex
  • + Outbreak Company
  • + AnoHana

BigJeffrey's hype for some of those put them on the list.

#1684 Edited by ViciousBearMauling (1005 posts) -
#1685 Posted by Giantstalker (1607 posts) -

So if I wanted to get started with Fist of the North Star, what should I do.

Like, which series/movie would be the first one to watch? Thanks in advance.

#1687 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

Gokukoku_no_Brynhildr 9 ~ So much fan service that the protag doesn't even care anymore. I loled at the reasoning behind not losing memory.

#1688 Posted by EXTomar (4641 posts) -

@golguin said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this? I'm like a week late for some Fate/Stay Night remake HYPE!

Wait, they remade Fate/Stay Night AGAIN??

#1689 Edited by Hailinel (24289 posts) -

Watched Sailor Moon 7 & 8 today. Ami finally appears!

#1691 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1692 Edited by Disaya (288 posts) -

I just started Elfen Lied for the first time ever, about four episodes in and I'm on the fence about it. It's short so I guess it's worth finishing.

#1694 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

@disaya said:

I just started Elfen Lied for the first time ever, about four episodes in and I'm on the fence about it. It's short so I guess it's worth finishing.

i saw that one, was pretttty terrible but i saw watched it all.

#1695 Posted by Disaya (288 posts) -

@disaya said:

i saw that one, was pretttty terrible but i saw watched it all.

Argh really? I've heard so many good things about it and people keep recommending it to me because apparently it's supposed to blow me away with it's amazingness. I think I'll still finish it but here's hoping that it gets interesting soon.

#1696 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1698 Edited by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#1699 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@bigjeffrey:

Just prepare for each episode to begin with three of the characters shouting at you over drums and whistles.

Also this.