Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

UPDATE!

Giantbomb user TobbRobb has agreed to do a joint blog with me sometime next week on doing anime reviews! He too has been in a frenzy in watching anime for the past month, so he will be doing reviews along with me. I have decided to cut down my reviews for next week to two animes. I will be reviewing Tales from Earthsea, and Eden of the East along with its movies. User TobbRobb wishes to keep his reviews for next week as a surprise. Keep a lookout for us!

The Review Are In!

First of all, thank you all for the anime recommendations! http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/recommend-me-some-anime/535050/ As most of you all know, this was project for me to find an anime that I actually like, and the project has been wonderfully successful. My part of the Netflix queue was dwindling, so it was great to fill it back up again with my stuff! My dad’s historical documentaries literally took over the Netflix queue. I have been watching a lot of anime based on the recommendations thread, so here are my personal comments and reviews on three anime shows/movies that I watched! Ratings follow the traditional Giantbomb rating scale. I tried my best to keep everything short and sweet.

Howl’s Moving Castle

This Miyazaki film is the reason why I started on this little anime project. Howl’s Moving Castle was very mesmerizing, and I had a stunning and constant curiosity of what will happen next. Just the curiosity of what is on the other side of a magical door was thrilling. There wasn’t really anything disappointing in this anime, except that the ending could have been a little better and more planned out. The atmosphere, the story, the music, the characters… everything about this anime is just great and magical to me. Fuck Harry Potter and his magic words and other garbage, because this is there the real magical shit is at! (By the way, I hate Harry Potter) It is no wonder that Miyazaki is the Japanese Walt Disney that is STILL ALIVE! I look forward to seeing The Secret World of Arrietty over the Pixar movie, Brave, coming out this year. Though Miyazaki did not direct Arrietty, I am still looking forward to seeing it - That there says a lot, because I love Pixar animations. I also look forward to watching Miyazaki’s creations that I missed out on.

Anyways, this was a good starting point for me to find even greater anime. So, it is predictable that my first movie watched will get a good score.

Verdict: 4.5 / 5 - 90%

Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

I watched 2 1/3 episodes in total of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. After the first several minutes in watching the third episode, I just didn’t feel like could watch anymore beyond that point. However, someone mentioned to me to give it another try. So I started Fullmetal Alchemist, which is where I should have started with in the beginning. I watched the pilot, but unfortunately that was it. I have no desire to continue on with this series and giving it anymore chances. The few episodes that I watched could not get my attention, and first impressions on a show or movie is important to me. Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are just not for me.

Verdict: 1 / 5 - 20%

Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro

This movie was interesting from the moment it started. It had good action, rather unusual and strange story, and I had a since of curiosity of what would happen next. Without really spoiling too much of the movie, out of all the weddings I have ever seen in any movie, The Castle of Cagliostro had the strangest one I have ever seen. It was like the blue, blue, BLUE cult from Earthbound was there to witness the forced wedding.

Anyways, the movie was really unpredictable and very corny, and the strangeness of the direction and plot of this movie really didn’t really do anything for me. The twist ending was rather disappointing, but at least there is a chance to where we could see an improved Lupin the Third in the future. The Castle of Cagliostro may be a very quirky and strange movie; however it still was pretty good even if there is a lot to be desired.

Verdict: 3 / 5 - 60%

Tune in next week to see my reviews on: Tales from Earthsea, Eden of the East + The King of Eden + Paradise Lost, and Origin: Spirit of the Past.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

UPDATE!

Giantbomb user TobbRobb has agreed to do a joint blog with me sometime next week on doing anime reviews! He too has been in a frenzy in watching anime for the past month, so he will be doing reviews along with me. I have decided to cut down my reviews for next week to two animes. I will be reviewing Tales from Earthsea, and Eden of the East along with its movies. User TobbRobb wishes to keep his reviews for next week as a surprise. Keep a lookout for us!

The Review Are In!

First of all, thank you all for the anime recommendations! http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/recommend-me-some-anime/535050/ As most of you all know, this was project for me to find an anime that I actually like, and the project has been wonderfully successful. My part of the Netflix queue was dwindling, so it was great to fill it back up again with my stuff! My dad’s historical documentaries literally took over the Netflix queue. I have been watching a lot of anime based on the recommendations thread, so here are my personal comments and reviews on three anime shows/movies that I watched! Ratings follow the traditional Giantbomb rating scale. I tried my best to keep everything short and sweet.

Howl’s Moving Castle

This Miyazaki film is the reason why I started on this little anime project. Howl’s Moving Castle was very mesmerizing, and I had a stunning and constant curiosity of what will happen next. Just the curiosity of what is on the other side of a magical door was thrilling. There wasn’t really anything disappointing in this anime, except that the ending could have been a little better and more planned out. The atmosphere, the story, the music, the characters… everything about this anime is just great and magical to me. Fuck Harry Potter and his magic words and other garbage, because this is there the real magical shit is at! (By the way, I hate Harry Potter) It is no wonder that Miyazaki is the Japanese Walt Disney that is STILL ALIVE! I look forward to seeing The Secret World of Arrietty over the Pixar movie, Brave, coming out this year. Though Miyazaki did not direct Arrietty, I am still looking forward to seeing it - That there says a lot, because I love Pixar animations. I also look forward to watching Miyazaki’s creations that I missed out on.

Anyways, this was a good starting point for me to find even greater anime. So, it is predictable that my first movie watched will get a good score.

Verdict: 4.5 / 5 - 90%

Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

I watched 2 1/3 episodes in total of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. After the first several minutes in watching the third episode, I just didn’t feel like could watch anymore beyond that point. However, someone mentioned to me to give it another try. So I started Fullmetal Alchemist, which is where I should have started with in the beginning. I watched the pilot, but unfortunately that was it. I have no desire to continue on with this series and giving it anymore chances. The few episodes that I watched could not get my attention, and first impressions on a show or movie is important to me. Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are just not for me.

Verdict: 1 / 5 - 20%

Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro

This movie was interesting from the moment it started. It had good action, rather unusual and strange story, and I had a since of curiosity of what would happen next. Without really spoiling too much of the movie, out of all the weddings I have ever seen in any movie, The Castle of Cagliostro had the strangest one I have ever seen. It was like the blue, blue, BLUE cult from Earthbound was there to witness the forced wedding.

Anyways, the movie was really unpredictable and very corny, and the strangeness of the direction and plot of this movie really didn’t really do anything for me. The twist ending was rather disappointing, but at least there is a chance to where we could see an improved Lupin the Third in the future. The Castle of Cagliostro may be a very quirky and strange movie; however it still was pretty good even if there is a lot to be desired.

Verdict: 3 / 5 - 60%

Tune in next week to see my reviews on: Tales from Earthsea, Eden of the East + The King of Eden + Paradise Lost, and Origin: Spirit of the Past.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Could you squeeze in Guilty Crown for the next week reviews, or sometime in the future maybe? I watched it yesterday it's really awesome.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tireyo

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Could you squeeze in Guilty Crown for the next week reviews, or sometime in the future maybe? I watched it yesterday it's really awesome.

I'm still accepting recommendations! Your recommendation definitely caught my interest, so there could be a future write-up.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

Sweet blog, duder!

You pretty much mirrored my opinions on Howl's Moving Castle and FMA. A score of "pretty good" is enough for me to check out The Castle of Cagliostro.

If you're still looking for recommendations, check out Tokyo Godfathers. It's kind of sappy but it's one of the movie's I'll gladly watch along with Die Hard every Christmas instead of the marathons of A Christmas Story.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NegativeCero

I was going to say to watch Cowboy Bebop, but it seems the previous thread covers that. Having only seen Princess Mononoke, I really need to watch the Studio Ghibli films.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By YI_Orange

@Tireyo643: Our opinions are so different. I love Castle of Cagliostro. I haven't seen Brotherhood, but I watched FMA back when it started on Adult Swim and enjoyed it (Maes Hughes was the best), though it's possible my tastes would have changed. Howl's Moving Castle was ok, but I found myself really underwhelmed and kind of bored sometimes. I was hoping for more magic and shenanigans and less..what it was.

So now I have to ask, how do you feel about One PIece if you've read/watched it?

Edit - I probably should have read more stuff and checked out your history before asking that, but oh well. If you haven't checked out One Piece you should. I would recommend reading it, but watching it is ok if you skip the filler and don't mind the cartoonyness. With like 640 chapters it's a massive undertaking but it's so worth it. The characters, even minor ones, are some of the best of anything ever and I will fight you on that. Eiichiro Oda has his shit so together. I would believe if he had the rest of the series mapped out already. He sometimes manages to make the tiniest things relevant and has so many hidden details that can make you go "oh what!". Not to mention he manages to keep the powers and fights interesting. If you haven't, you need to check it out. GIve it at least until the Arlong Arc, that's where it starts to get real good and is on a pretty much constant uphill from there.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo

@Ravenlight said:

Sweet blog, duder!

You pretty much mirrored my opinions on Howl's Moving Castle and FMA. A score of "pretty good" is enough for me to check out The Castle of Cagliostro.

If you're still looking for recommendations, check out Tokyo Godfathers. It's kind of sappy but it's one of the movie's I'll gladly watch along with Die Hard every Christmas instead of the marathons of A Christmas Story.

Thank you very much! It may not look it, but I did put a lot of effort into making these reviews without revealing too much content. There will be four other blogs that are just like this one, so keep a lookout for them!

The Castle of Cagliostro is on the streaming service on Netflix, so tell me how you like it afterwards ok? Hopefully, you'll be moderately satisfied or perhaps more satisfied with it than I was. =-)

@NegativeCero: I have already watched Cowboy Bebop and its movie. I'm saving that for review for another blog.

@YI_Orange: I understand that not all of my reviews are going to be spot on with everybody else's opinion, however it's good to have an opinion as it gives every one something to talk about! I have not checked out One Piece, so I will take that as a recommendation.

I want to make note that I am taking a little break from watching animated shows. 15 shows/series is a lot to watch in a month. I am in the final weeks of my very demanding five week class, and I also miss my video games. I am still accepting recommendations for future reference.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By scarace360

If you are going to read or watch one piece may i suggest watching more than 5 episodes. Shows kinda slow at the start.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tireyo

@scarace360 said:

If you are going to read or watch one piece may i suggest watching more than 5 episodes. Shows kinda slow at the start.

I really tried watching Full Metal Alchemist, but nothing about it really appealed to me. I really doubt that my interest would change even after 5 episodes into the series.

So my review of FMA is solid.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scarace360

@Tireyo643 said:

@scarace360 said:

I really tried watching Full Metal Alchemist, but nothing about it really appealed to me. I really doubt that my interest would change even after 5 episodes into the series.

So my review of FMA is solid.

i know you did just saying that its a slow start.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Zippedbinders

Don't watch One Piece, just read it. There are a variety of great places to find the comic, which is much better than the anime.

Stuff to watch, more Ghibli films, more Satoshi Kon stuff (Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, and Paranoia Agent), FLCL is a must if you haven't already. You mentioned Tenchi in the other thread, sorry you don't enjoy it as much, since it is my favorite anime series of all time.

Gurren Lagann and Basquatch are completely insane, but well worth the trip. Can't think of a whole lot of easy to recommend stuff at the moment.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jay444111

I honestly cannot take anyone seriously when they don't like FMA... it is like... hating air that we breathe... it makes no sense at all.

But yeah, I am sorry, but I cannot take this blog seriously at all now.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Full metal takes a bit to get rolling. Try watching a few more episodes in. 

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can find it, try to check out Tenchi Muyo. One of the first of the harem genre (starting in 1992)... and still one of the better ones.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By djstyles92

@Jay444111 said:

I honestly cannot take anyone seriously when they don't like FMA... it is like... hating air that we breathe... it makes no sense at all.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Aegon

I'm sorry, 1 star for FMA means I can't take your reviews seriously. Opinions are opinions, but that there's a deal breaker.   

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tireyo

@Djstyles92 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Come on guys, everyone has an opinion. I'm very new to anime, and FMA was one series that I could not get into. Perhaps there will be another anime that we'll both like.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Full metal takes a bit to get rolling. Try watching a few more episodes in.

I don't mind slow starts at all, it's just that I seen enough.

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: I've watched Tenchi-Muyo before. I enjoyed it when I was younger, and now it's corny as hell. I still like it though, and it's been a while since I seen it last.

@Zippedbinders: I still enjoyed Tenchi-Muyo though. ;-) Like a guilty pleasure if I must say. =-P

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TobbRobb

Good to see you found smoething enjoyable at least, :P. I gotta thank you for making that thread though, it got me into this Anime watching frenzy for the last month or so. I've seen a LOT of stuff recently and most of it has been awesome.

Maybe I should get that blog writing going >.>. Oh and if you still take a recommendations I'll cherry pick my top 3 of the ones I've watched recently.

Baccano!, Durarara!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I recommend them all in a heartbeat, Haruhi might be subject to taste. But if you don't like the other two, you might just be a bad person.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tireyo

@H2Oyea: @Djstyles92: @Jay444111:

If it's comforting at all, I actually enjoyed the most popular recommendation... which is Cowboy Bebop. I just spoiled part of a future blog, but in a case like this... it was necessary.

Don't base your opinions about my reviews just because of one series I don't agree with you on! That is just silly!

@TobbRobb: Baccano! is on my to watch list.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Knave

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Petiew

It's a shame you didn't enjoy FMA very much, it's a somewhat overrated but still decent show. I'd suggest maybe not reviewing shows you haven't watched a significant amount of. Giving a 50 something episode show 1/5 stars (Implying its terrible and practically unwatchable) after watching 2 episodes isn't too fair. 

Good writing though, looking forward to your next one.

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tireyo643: True as that may be, you probably haven't seen either the third OAV or the follow-up GXP series yet.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@Knave said:

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

I second this, especially if you are into watching a dude play pachinko for 10+ episodes.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YI_Orange

@Tireyo643: Oh, I just remembered, have you seen Akira? The hype it has around it might let you down a bit, and I hear the manga is better, but it's still a must see for anyone watching anime.

I know you said you're done for now, but I just wanna recommend a couple more things just so they get in your head. If you're at all interested in Trigun, read the manga. It's incredibly better and somehow Wolfwood is even more of a badass. My friend has the anime box set and put it in some time last year...my god it is not good.

Also, Gungrave is pretty good. I liked the first half of the series more than the second half, but I think it has one of the best endings to a series.

Glad to hear you liked Cowboy Bebop though, fantastic series. Still bummed that I somehow managed to see every episode at least twice but always managed to miss Pierrot Le Fou, seems like such an insane episode.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Dagbiker

I liked FMA but it gets very emotional, twards the end and is not for me

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rubberluffy

You really should watch Brotherhood, judging a 64 episode series by the first 2 is pretty ridiculous. It really gets its ball rolling in the early teens and ep 19 is probably the best in the show. Don't watch FMA 2003 though, its poorly written glorified fanfiction.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tireyo

@YI_Orange: Well, that can change right now! Pierrot Le Fou is on Youtube, so catch it while you still can. Akira is on my to watch list, but I'm skeptical with Trigun. I'll take Gungrave as a recommendation.

@Petiew: Fair enough! -_-

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: I'll have to look into those. Remember that I'm still relatively new to anime.

@Rudeboy217 said:

@Knave said:

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

I second this, especially if you are into watching a dude play pachinko for 10+ episodes.

I'll take this as a recommendation then. =-) I haven't seen anyone recommend it... that I can remember, so yeah!

@rubberluffy said:

You really should watch Brotherhood, judging a 64 episode series by the first 2 is pretty ridiculous. It really gets its ball rolling in the early teens and ep 19 is probably the best in the show. Don't watch FMA 2003 though, its poorly written glorified fanfiction.

Sigh...

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@Tireyo643: The pachinko happens in the second season, but I still highly recommend you watch the first season.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tireyo

@Rudeboy217 said:

@Tireyo643: The pachinko happens in the second season, but I still highly recommend you watch the first season.

Of course! Just remember that it might take a while for me to get to it since I'm piled up with recommendations.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SlightConfuse

count me in as anoter person telling you to keep with brotherhood

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Justin258

@Tireyo643 said:

Baccano! is on my to watch list.

I'm glad I saw this. You said that first impressions are very important to you; Baccano's first episode gives a bad or misunderstanding first impression simply because of the way the show is structured. It is told nonlinearly, meaning that the story is out of order and the show requires one to pay attention to many different names and goings-on. It can be a bit of a turn off if you see the first two episodes and don't exactly grasp what's going on, but by the end of the third you should have the gist of everything.

Just a simple warning. It might be a good idea to look at the first few paragraphs of the Wikipedia article on it just so you have a general idea of things before diving in.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bananaz

Try Paranoia Agent. I remember loving that. Also, Code Geass.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By smokeyd123

Anime threads on GB? What is the world coming to?

Anyhoo, watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, My favorite Japanese cartoon so far. Kaiji is good too, so I third (or is it fourth?) that one.

Cowboy Bebop is good, and Redline is a standalone movie that has amazing animation. It's more flash than substance, but it's a fun ride.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

@bananaz said:

Paranoia Agent is Great, one of my top 3, along with, i dont know, lets say, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Paranoia Agent is very Cerebral, Very Thought provoking.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tireyo

@believer258: Thanks for the heads up. It helps!

@smokeyd123: I'm a rogue! At least it's in the off-topic forum. I have posted it on Anime Vice too.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By smokeyd123

@Tireyo643: Hey, I'm all for it. @Dagbiker said:

@bananaz said:

Paranoia Agent is Great, one of my top 3, along with, i dont know, lets say, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

How could I forget GitS? Yeah, watch that too, and Gundam 00 if you're into robots.

Ok. I think I'm done for now.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blindisaac

@Knave said:

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

This and its prequel Akagi. Just insane. The mahjong in Akagi is not for everyone though. Also, try watching Toriko. It is kind of like a mix of One Piece and DBZ. Nice serial adventure that has has only 50 episodes so far so it is fairly easy to catch up like I am doing.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tireyo

@smokeyd123 said:

@Tireyo643: Hey, I'm all for it. @Dagbiker said:

@bananaz said:

How could I forget GitS? Yeah, watch that too, and Gundam 00 if you're into robots.

Ok. I think I'm done for now.

I'm not into robots that are like Transformers... robots that are like toys. Something like IRobot or Bicentennial Man is my taste.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Knave

@blindisaac: Akagi isn't a prequel. They are both standalone.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tireyo

@blindisaac said:

@Knave said:

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

This and its prequel Akagi. Just insane. The mahjong in Akagi is not for everyone though. Also, try watching Toriko. It is kind of like a mix of One Piece and DBZ. Nice serial adventure that has has only 50 episodes so far so it is fairly easy to catch up like I am doing.

Anything that is like DBZ is a red flag for me. I used to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and watched how long Goku took to blast the hell out of Freeza. After that, I got burned out. I tried re-watching the series maybe like 2 or 3 years ago, and it just made me prejudiced against anime assuming that it's all the same. I will not watch anything that I think will get me prejudiced against the genre. With what you just said about Toriko, it turned me away!

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By blindisaac

@Knave said:

My bad Akagi is a prequel to Ten.

@Tireyo643 said:

@blindisaac said:

@Knave said:

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

Anything that is like DBZ is a red flag for me. I used to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and watched how long Goku took to blast the hell out of Freeza. After that, I got burned out. I tried re-watching the series maybe like 2 or 3 years ago, and it just made me prejudiced against anime assuming that it's all the same. I will not watch anything that I think will get me prejudiced against the genre. With what you just said about Toriko, it turned me away!

Well you probably would not like One Piece either or Naruto (any shonen action property in general) because they both also take forever to finish fights and whatnot. To each their own though.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By blindisaac

@Knave said:

My bad. Akagi is the prequel to Ten which hasnt been animated. All by the same dude though.@Tireyo643 said:

@blindisaac said:

@Knave said:

Watch Kaiji. It's nutz

You probably would not like most shows based on shonen manga then because they are drawn out like that. That is why I stopped watching Bleach a couple of years back. To each their own though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By JJOR64

I did an ass load of anime reviews over at Anime Vice. Looking back, I think most of them are complete garbage, but oh well. I had fun at the time.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I just finished watching episode 8 of full metal alchemist. The few episode are slow and not to my liking but it's showing a lot of potential. Hopefully it will be worth continuing.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tireyo

@JJOR64 said:

I did an ass load of anime reviews over at Anime Vice. Looking back, I think most of them are complete garbage, but oh well. I had fun at the time.

That is what it's all about! It's about having fun with it, whether it's stupid or not. It's a good reminder on what you liked back then. Lupin the Third is one of them! ;-)

@blindisaac: I never did like Naruto. =-P Though I might be attempting to find a needle in a hay stack, I can say that I've done a pretty good job so far in finding stuff that isn't like DBZ. Bleach is already on my do not watch list.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YI_Orange

@Tireyo643: I'm back to fight for One Piece! It is NOT like DBZ. Yeah, it's a shonen, yeah, it's got a lot of fights, but it's so much more. It's not just charging blasts followed by really fast punches and more blast charging. The fights are at least more interesting and the characters are magnitudes better. Also, with any anime that goes for a length you're going to run into things being drawn out. In order to prevent them from catching up to the manga too quickly and to avoid having to create original filler content, they fill things with heavy breathing, flashbacks, the entire cast gasping, and other useless filler stuff. So again, I would recommend reading One Piece. That said, I watched it for a good time and I remember it being pretty passable until around Thriller Bark.

Also, just remembered Samurai Champloo. I rewatched it recently and it's great. So stylish and so stupid at times(there's an entire episode about baseball).

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tireyo

@YI_Orange said:

@Tireyo643: I'm back to fight for One Piece! It is NOT like DBZ. Yeah, it's a shonen, yeah, it's got a lot of fights, but it's so much more. It's not just charging blasts followed by really fast punches and more blast charging. The fights are at least more interesting and the characters are magnitudes better. Also, with any anime that goes for a length you're going to run into things being drawn out. In order to prevent them from catching up to the manga too quickly and to avoid having to create original filler content, they fill things with heavy breathing, flashbacks, the entire cast gasping, and other useless filler stuff. So again, I would recommend reading One Piece. That said, I watched it for a good time and I remember it being pretty passable until around Thriller Bark.

Also, just remembered Samurai Champloo. I rewatched it recently and it's great. So stylish and so stupid at times(there's an entire episode about baseball).

How amusing! I just might create a thread on what my do not watch list is soon. I'll check it out here eventually...

I've been recommended Samurai Champloo, but I haven't decided if it's on my to watch list or not. I haven't looked at it yet. Got to take one thing at a time, you know?!

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blindisaac

@Tireyo643: Look into Rainbow. Especially if you want a dark drama.