Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Termite
Greetings!

Internet anonymity...what a glorious thing. I can call you all sorts of terrible things, and you would never know how to get back at me! Fortunately, most people have at least an ounce of maturity in them and because of that refrain from taking full advantage of the anonymity that the internet provides. There are some however, who abuse this power, and use it to call people things like...I can't even bring myself to say some of those things. Anyway, you get the point. And of course, this crops up most often in the scary world of online-videogaming. Have you ever played Counter Strike? Halo? Pretty much any other online-multiplayer game? Then I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

And if you are like me and frequently look at game related forums, then you have most likely stumbled upon threads titled things like "Anonymity breeds assholes" or "Why the trolling" with people talking about experiences they've had with trolls and such and such. They talk about how their experiences have been ruined, how angry they are that people must be so immature, and of course the mandatory smart-ass who has to dissect the whole thing and examine why people abuse their anonymity.

Well I'm going to invoke a popular saying on these here interwebs:

Note: I actually own the book that the picture of the troll is from, it's called
Note: I actually own the book that the picture of the troll is from, it's called "Trolls and their relatives".

Don't acknowledge them, that just makes it worse. Don't mind them. Mute them. Do whatever, just don't pay attention. Are you going to let some punk with a microphone ruin a perfectly good game of Team Fortress 2? No, you shouldn't, just mute him. And don't start discussions about them either. Don't post your experiences of how some dude ruined your playtime, that will just give them more desire to do it again.

We all know why they do it, it's obvious. The rules of normal life don't apply on the internet. You can swear and not feel the consequences. You can be spam "Boobies" on a server and not have somebody slap you in the face. It's power that they don't have in real life, and they don't posses enough restraint or good reason to not use it. I get it, and if you somehow didn't before, now you get it too.

They are a minority on the internet that are being given too much attention. Who are these people? Teenagers with nothing better to do than ruin everybody's experience. They are attention seekers and assfaces, and the more you acknowledge that they are ruining games and message boards, the more they want to do it.

So I say, enough is enough. There is nothing more to discuss, trolls are idiots who should be ignored. So we should stop acknowledging their existence.

Everybody who agrees, say aye!

Your about to fall asleep at keyboard friend,
Termite

*And yes, by writing a blog about not acknowledging the existence of trolls I realize that I am acknowledging them. This is the last time I will, I swear!*

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

lol tu is da noob!

Is a phrase I've heard too many times. That's why I love gaming on the PC though: the dudes with headsets aren't adolescent imbeciles that need a throat punch.

AYE!
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Manachild

icwatudidthar 

Seriously tho thats a pretty cool picture actually.
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Termite

Pictures with trolls are usually cool, because everything could use a little touch of folklore.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By atejas

ITT: Tripfriends.
Nah, I agree with you. I really wish there was a way to hold people to higher standards on the internet without invading their privacy, though.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By weltal

Meh, trolls can be fun. He shouts obscenities at you and you can return in kind. In the end it amounts to nothing and no one is harmed by the process.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joru

I aggree with the points you made, but I personally I come into contact with these people very rarely... even on games like Halo or CS:S. I live in Europe and obviously I play on european servers so that might have something to do with it.
The worst troll game ever though is UNO. And I still only met like 5-6 retards there over 200ish games.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892

Aye!

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lamegame621
Red said:
"lol tu is da noob!

Is a phrase I've heard too many times. That's why I love gaming on the PC though: the dudes with headsets aren't adolescent imbeciles that need a throat punch.

AYE!
"
PC gaming seems much more mature.
lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By lvl10Wizard

I've been enjoying online games way more since the NXE brought about the party chat room, that way I can just chat to my friends that I know in real life and totally ignore the assholes of Xboxland.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jonnyp
Weltal said:
"Meh, trolls can be fun. He shouts obscenities at you and you can return in kind. In the end it amounts to nothing and no one is harmed by the process."
Except the girl who literally got trolled to death on myspace.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ish

lol u tk him 2 da bar?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By weltal
jonnyp said:
"Weltal said:
"Meh, trolls can be fun. He shouts obscenities at you and you can return in kind. In the end it amounts to nothing and no one is harmed by the process."
Except the girl who literally got trolled to death on myspace."
Sounds more like a girl who literally committed suicide.
But yeah, sad for her and all.