• 62 results
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By mutha3

ITT: people treating Anonymous like some organized crimegroup that has sekrit l337 meetins.

Its just a banner, guys.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By blueduck
@JasonR86 said:
@blueduck said:
@JasonR86 said:
What an incredibly lame group of people hackers are.
what makes you say that?
It seems like a waste of intelligence and effort.  They have to be smart to do what they do and get away with it.  I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to do all this as well.  But it is such a useless endeavor that will cause more harm and chaos then anything else.  That has to be what they want but I find that to be a waste and a shame.  As much as I can't stand them when they ruin things like the PSN for everyone else I also feel sorry for them that they have whittled their lives down to this pitiful existence.
Why do you think their lives are sad? You understand that a lot of hackers and especially the good ones have and get high paying jobs through their hacking ability? 
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By beej
@buzz_killington: That's right! Amurikuh!
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By ShaneDev

So this guys reason for the attack is that its the anniversary of the election which may or may not have been rigged? And not because Iran is planning to sever the connection to the world web and create its own. Which member of this hacker group did they talk to, the guy who makes tea for the people who actually do stuff? This attack doesn't really seem all that huge and honestly if some hackers can steal 10,000 emails I wonder what Israeli or American intelligence groups could do and are doing.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Lemmycaution217

These are some pretty intelligent people.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By JasonR86
@blueduck said:
@JasonR86 said:
@blueduck said:
@JasonR86 said:
What an incredibly lame group of people hackers are.
what makes you say that?
It seems like a waste of intelligence and effort.  They have to be smart to do what they do and get away with it.  I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to do all this as well.  But it is such a useless endeavor that will cause more harm and chaos then anything else.  That has to be what they want but I find that to be a waste and a shame.  As much as I can't stand them when they ruin things like the PSN for everyone else I also feel sorry for them that they have whittled their lives down to this pitiful existence.
Why do you think their lives are sad? You understand that a lot of hackers and especially the good ones have and get high paying jobs through their hacking ability? 
I just told you why, "...it is such a useless endeavor that will cause more harm and chaos then anything else."  I think they are wasting whatever talents they might have on usually mean-spirited acts that does much more harm then good.  In this respect, I believe the amount of money they make is irrelevant.  There is more to life then the amount of money one earns.  They perform acts that harm more good people then the apparent bad ones.  I think they are wasting their gifts, whatever they might be, on ridiculous behaviors that are to the benefit of no one.  This waste is what I find sad.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By mikemcn

Hey Anonymous, how about you focus on Iran instead of taking down a game console loved by thousands of people in a country where they actually accept that the Holocaust happened.

NaCl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NaCl
@gike987 said:

@K9 said:

What is anonymous's angle? What are they trying to prove?

Do they hold some kind of nihilist philosophy and act it out by hacking websites or are they simply a loose group of individuals doing all this stuff just for giggles? Attacking a government website is no joke. This will get them in serious trouble.

They try to attack things that they see as a threat to internet anonymity and freedom of speech.
Heh. Ironically, this will just give the government an excuse to tighten up on the Internet. 

They abuse the anonymity the Internet gives them, hiding behind proxy servers to do their vandalism. 
What can I say, if you abuse something, it will get taken away. 

Given how outrageous their hacks are, it ain't just piracy of TV shows anymore, I foresee policys and enactment of laws to make tracking of people easier. 

The Internet is just a bunch of networks (own by corporations, universities and governments mostly) interconnected by undersea cables, things can be arranged to remove all anonymity. 

Anyone running a proxy (or an ISP) can be made by law to keep logs for months, or worse they will just hold the person running the proxy (and ISPs) accountable for the crimes committed through them - the hell with safe harbor (in the name of national security of course). 

These people just royally fucked things up for the rest of us.
DrSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DrSpaceman

http://mashable.com/2011/06/03/syria-shuts-down-internet/

Internet traffic has come to a halt in Syria after the government blocked Internet services in an attempt to quell a growing revolt in the Middle Eastern nation.

“Starting at 3:35 UTC today, approximately two thirds of all Syrian networks became unreachable from the global Internet,” Internet intelligence firm Renesys reported on its blog today.

“Over the course of roughly half an hour, the routes to 40 of 59 networks were withdrawn from the global routing table.”

Most mobile phone and Internet networks are affected by the blackout. According to The Wall Street Journal, government-run websites such as the Oil Ministry’s website are still operational.

Syria has been banning social media services in the last few months, but this is the full time there has been a widespread Internet outage.

The move comes as protests have intensified in the troubled nation. 34 people were killed Friday after security forces opened fire. The uprising, which began in late January, has been focused on ousting Bashar Al-Assad from his role as President of Syria. Al-Assad ascended to the presidency in 2000 after his father’s 29-year rule.

Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak shut down Internet services during the Egyptian revolution so protesters couldn’t easily organize. It didn’t quell the revolt though, and on February 11, Mubarak resigned.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By theveej

@blacklabeldomm: we have tried many times. The difference between Iran and the other Arab country is the retaliation from the government.

Whenever there is a demonstrations there are around 20 - 40 thousand anti riot police in the city. Everyone who has ever been politically involved in has been arrested. When you get arrested you get raped, tortured and put in solitary confinement.

The government also shuts down all communications (internet, cellphones, landlines) during the days of the protest. And if things go really bad they will just start shooting protesters.

Lastly Iran has 3 military groups, the army (which is by far the least powerful group), the Sepah (or the Revolutionary Gaurds) who are by far the most powerful group who have heavy Islamic roots. they are also the most corrupt, the government has given them most of the contracts for oil projects in the country, and they deal heavily with drug trafficking to other neighboring countries (mostly Afghanistan) so they have a vested interest to keep the government as it it for their own benefits. There is a third group is Iran's Hezbollah, which are pretty much Islamist Militia funded heavily by the government and Sepah.... they are probably the worst when it comes to violence against civilians

But yah the Iranians started this whole middle east revolution, but the Arab people are much more headstrong than us, and their government much less brutal. Plus usually in those country there is only the Military, where they side with the people (like Egypt), but in Iran the Military is powerless and the Sepah and hezbollah are in charge and have a vested interest to keep things as they are, so they have no problem beating the shit out of Iranian citizen.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By theveej

@ShaneDev: Election was definitely rigged brah. Everyone announce the reformist candidate as the winner in a landslide, then the government pretty much staged a coup, stormed all of the reformist offices and announced a result opposite of the earlier announcement. Every city and province had the same percentage of votes for candidate (like 70,15,10,5). According to the rigged results, the reformist leaders lost handedly in their home cities, (it's like G.W.Bush losing in Texas by a landslide)

There are official documents from Ministry of the interior with the actual results posted all over the internet.

And yah Iranian government websites get constantly fucked by CIA hackers. Their nuclear plant was down for almost a month from a CIA hack attack.

Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fei

For the love of god, anonymous is a not an organization. It's an umbrella to hide under. "Anonymous" is just like a riot. When a riot happens people do not organize, there are not leaders, people in the moment with common emotions do things without affiliation. If people happen to break into stores and steal TVs under the umbrella of the riot then that does not speak for every rioter who is upset for whatever reason. Anonymous is the same way. I would argue so is "Al-Qaeda."